FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ankama Hates Water/fire Xelor's

By OM3GA-Z3R0 - MEMBER - October 09, 2013, 16:52:48

I don't know why Ankama loves Osamodas' so much but they totally killed the Water/Fire hybrid Xelor's from this update.

I built my Xelor to be Water/fire and Excarnus set was the best set for him, it gave Water and Fire damage WITH Willpower, willpower increases the AP loss/gain chance and it was perfect for my Xelor. Also they transformed the Wodent pet to something which would mostly benefit Summon Osamodas'.

Now stealing AP from enemies is going to much more difficult because they took away Willpower, Oh sure, I can try and get other gear that gives X% AP loss chance but that is only in Water/Air sets. So why do you hate Water/fire hybrids or Water Xelor's in particular Ankama?

And another thing, it took me so long to get Percimol's Hammer which gives a beautiful 40% chance of AP Loss and now you totally nerfed it so hard the AP loss is now 15%, What the hell Ankama?

Seriously why you hate Xelor AP stealers?

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 1199

I agree with you on the xelor bit, but not on the osa one. Sure they gained a cmc pet, but they lost a lot more than 30% cmc from their gear. Also jellies got nerfed badly and boohemoths can´t cast sacrifice anymore. Summoners are not worth it anymore.

0 0
Score : 3403

Hurl seems really nice for you now.

0 0
Score : 799

Ankama dont hate water\fire xelor, she just hate water xelor.
im fire and im damn happy about this update

0 0
Score : 7088

Water/Fire feels fine, granted I'm in Larduous gear which was changed to become noticeably better. Those are my stats before XD/TC so I break 600% in both elements in-combat. I'm largely Sinistro/Hydrand based though so having all the Control and CMC from the set really helps me out pull off this build.

There are other Water/Fire alternatives at lower levels. Dark Hurl set is one of them. Then there's plenty of very powerful general damage gear, like the Apprentice set which is very easy to make and offers very good stats.

• Mango
0 0
Score : 733

Water/Fire is actually one of the overpowered builds in Wakfu right now.

0 0
Score : 98

please enlighten me with your knowledge of a Water/Fire set that gives AP loss chance because that is what I am mainly complaining about, Excarnus use to give willpower which increases the Ap loss chance % but now they took it away.

I don't use mechanics, they aren't as great as they use to be AND they nerfed Percimol's hammer's AP loss chance, it use to be 40% now it is 15%.

Damage isn't everything and I agree with OME3GA with Ankama hating of AP stealing Xelor's I am well aware about the Hurl set being water/ fire set, using water spells to snatch AP away from enemies is much more difficult now especially to high end content.

AP steal Xelor's seemed to be more useless now.

0 0
Score : 12174

ap stealing higher content isnt useless it can be very helpful at times.... you seem to be forgetting that water xelors do more than just take ap they can give it as well... idk i think water/fire works ive always built my xelor like that but i use water as utility more than anything.

0 0
Score : 7088

I have next to no Willpower and never had and can on a good turn take away 5 AP with Frostbite while dealing good damage. Mostly because of enhanced stealing rates on critical hits and passives increasing theft chance.

Even if you had all that gear and Willpower from before, it wouldn't make a huge difference in the upper-tier content where stealing two or three AP (which is all you can take because of bosses' massive resistance to AP loss) will do next to nothing. We're also talking about content where essentially you're a heavy hitter, a support class like Pandawa or Foggernaut, or a healer. There's barely any room for a saboteur where you can have another class that can deal 2'000 damage a turn instead of locking out a basic enemy.

At higher levels, it's all about giving AP to the heavy hitters and healers of your team. You can accomplish that just fine without Willpower and passives alone. Otherwise you need to be contributing damage too in order to survive, or else you're essentially dead weight.

• Mango

1 0

I agree, AP stealing xelors are useless now until you get to around lv 130.

I hate how they removed willpower and didn't replace items. I think they are trying to force players to lv up.

0 0
Score : 549

If you are around 60-110 level you should also think about the fact that you don´t need to remove all the ap from monsters to disable em, learn how many ap's every monster needs to attack and you wont't have a trouble with hyperaction.

0 0
Score : 2197
Ollipekka|2013-10-18 20:15:31
If you are around 60-110 level you should also think about the fact that you don´t need to remove all the ap from monsters to disable em, learn how many ap's every monster needs to attack and you wont't have a trouble with hyperaction.

Not eveyone wants to just PVE, some like PVP as well.
0 0
jgtf|2013-10-20 11:27:24
Ollipekka|2013-10-18 20:15:31

Not eveyone wants to just PVE, some like PVP as well.
umm... water xelors are good in pvp. Draining ap can devastate some people and really shut them down.
0 0

you can't take much AP until you get the dark wabbit set though. Draining 1-2 ap a turn doesn't do much against an 8-12ap player. Especially when your damage is really low.

Also you won't have more than 10ap until lv 100+ and the % of giving an ap with time control is pretty low until much higher levels.
So you won't be giving a lot of AP unless you are spamming devotion as well. But you don't really need to be water to spam devotion.

0 0
BbeforeA|2013-10-24 20:13:56
you can't take much AP until you get the dark wabbit set though. Draining 1-2 ap a turn doesn't do much against an 8-12ap player. Especially when your damage is really low.

Also you won't have more than 10ap until lv 100+ and the % of giving an ap with time control is pretty low until much higher levels.
So you won't be giving a lot of AP unless you are spamming devotion as well. But you don't really need to be water to spam devotion.
Im pretty sure water xelors were able to take ap before the dark wabbit set even existed even after the update. Also not a huge amount of players go past 10 ap atm. You say draining ap wont do much but when they do drain they have a passive that gives ap back but im digressing on that part. You can probably take more than 1 or 2 ap while fighting I will however give you that lv 100 is where it starts to get better. The low damage i feel is compensated by the ap removal of the enemy and eventually you will hit very hard with your damage passive plus gear. Im not saying your entirely wrong i just think your underestimating water xelors! cause they are scary when played by someone who knows what they are doing.
0 0

I've been playing this game since it came out and pretty much all i've played is tri xelor so i understand xelor quite well.

I'm not trying to argue but i'm serious about water xelors being bad in pvp and pve until lv 130, where you can get kam's hand or percimol hammer + dark wabbit set. That is because they will allow u to take an extra 2ap.
If you're a good water xelor fighting newbs then sure you can win but not against other good players, like a good fire and/or air xelor at your level.

I remade a pure water AP taking xelor from level 1 on a new account and didn't leech (actually played the game) and all i can say they have become super weak due to the %ap removal items nerf and the removal of willpower. At around lv 60 i was enjoying xelor a lot, both in pve and pvp (not always winning but it was fun), then they removed willpower and there go my items. The difference in the amount of AP i was taking and giving to allies was noticeable and made playing xelor a lot more boring.

Xelors used to be able to take AP before the revamp, but they were so bad any water xelor that got to 90+ would admit to it after experiencing some PVP matches or going to higher level monsters.

I just think it's unfair and boring to make AP xelors so much worse than fire/air until 130. They can still take some AP sure, but they can't compare to a nuke xelor.

1 0

I'll agree about a certain level you have to be to become very effective but... idk i just see differently on the issue.

0 0
Respond to this thread