FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Xelor Discussion Thread

By IYesWayI August 11, 2013, 20:49:50
Reactions 73
Score : 8057
BbeforeA|2013-08-15 18:14:06
Let me get this straight. Your whole problem with me is because u disagree with what i said which was:
  1. Masqs are capable of dealing 3500+ damage in 1 turn
  2. Rogues being able to deal 3500+ damage in 2 turns
  3. Iops being able to have 7mp, 10ap and 5000+ HP (i've seen a 5800hp Iop in PVP)
  4. A sacrier having one of the hardest hitting spells in the game, can catch a xelor from nearly anywhere and can use cage of blood

I said this because i did not agree with this thread, this thread is making xelors out to be overpowered and cheap. Excluding all the arguments that have been had however weak the opposing views were in my opinion, from those 4 points i used to counter the argument that xelors are so powerful now and 'in a league of their own', which do you have a problem with?

1. Is it masqs not being able to do 3500+ damage? Even though i proved it with a simple example, and have more.
  2. Is it that earth rogues can't deal 3500+ in 2 turns? And are able to have good mobility thanks to bombs and boombot?
  3. Are you saying iops can't have 10ap, 7mp and 5000+hp? While maintaining good dmg and resist?
  4. Or is it sacriers not being able to transposition and pull, use cage of blood and have 5500+HP?

Let me get something clear, are you here just to argue with me for whatever reason or do you actually care about this thread and the facts i brought forth to try and show Xelors are not cheap and OP? Which is what this thread is about.
Oh and by the way, distortion does not proc cling and cage of blood does not work during cling phase so who ever was claiming that shit counters xelors is an idiot. Add Quote Here
Please read all comments. I RARELY get to use punish a xelor during my cling phase. Cage of Blood only works every other turn AND it procs before pushback so is almost useless. I have 7mp and still get kited.
0 -1
Score : 24983

Xelor is good the way it is. It doesn't need any nerfs. It might actually get some improvements to passives (like merging 2 passive's into 1 and adding back the Temporal Armor with something like +1AP chance when Xelor is hit and some Block maybe - afterall it have armor for a reason right, and its not for the fashion look).

Sinistros seems lame only for those who haven't played as Sadida. For those who did, sinistro's are way better then dolls, thought i still dislike the fact that they loose charge per turn, wich could be changed, ut if it comes to summon like sinistro who doesn't move - it would be better for them to actually loose those charges or for xelor to have ability to remove them, in order to reposition them to the new cell (by creating new one). Wich is why i think that the fact that they loose charges is good for xelors in one way.

Underhand doesn't need any changes. It's fine the way it is. So what if xelor can push you away with several cells while using it? If the enemy is in contact with xelor then xelor will need to waste 2 AP to activate the push in it's own turn, or else it will risk being locked. If it won't move after using Underhand then it only means enemy will get it anyway, just that it will waste all MP to do so. A sacrier can use Attraction in this situation, so i'd rather waste those 2AP and push 1 cell less as Xelor. Still Xelors are counterable. I once had fight as Sadida vs Xelor and i managed to cover myself behind dolls and eventually made Xelor trapped with dolls.He had to teleport out and cast dial but from his position he couldn't reach me from the dial he made. The xelor eventually gave up after my tactical tricks made him not able to attack me, despite the fact that once he hit me, i suffered way more dmg then i was doing to him every turn with dolls. He could win, but it is not because xelors are overpowered, more like sadida is underpowered, despite having nice tactical versality.

My point is that if a class loose against current xelor it means that the mentioned class need improvement, because Xelors seems to be the closest to the most balanced class now.

1 -1
Score : 735
Gynrei|2013-08-15 18:37:42
Let me get this straight. Your whole problem with me is because u disagree with what i said which was:
  3. Iops being able to have 7mp, 10ap and 5000+ HP (i've seen a 5800hp Iop in PVP)
  4. A sacrier having one of the hardest hitting spells in the game, can catch a xelor from nearly anywhere and can use cage of blood

I said this because i did not agree with this thread, this thread is making xelors out to be overpowered and cheap. Excluding all the arguments that have been had however weak the opposing views were in my opinion, from those 4 points i used to counter the argument that xelors are so powerful now and 'in a league of their own', which do you have a problem with?

1. Is it masqs not being able to do 3500+ damage? Even though i proved it with a simple example, and have more.
  2. Is it that earth rogues can't deal 3500+ in 2 turns? And are able to have good mobility thanks to bombs and boombot?
  3. Are you saying iops can't have 10ap, 7mp and 5000+hp? While maintaining good dmg and resist?
  4. Or is it sacriers not being able to transposition and pull, use cage of blood and have 5500+HP?

Let me get something clear, are you here just to argue with me for whatever reason or do you actually care about this thread and the facts i brought forth to try and show Xelors are not cheap and OP? Which is what this thread is about.

My Xelor has 1900 base HP. Makafire gogo. Also, all those nasty attacks you talk about do hit very hard. But I'll just steal all your AP's and make them my own. Mwahaha. rolleyes

PS, I suck at playing Xelor, but i'm getting better... slowly.

Here is a quickly thought up Iop PVP build, and combo for beating a xelor:

~~ Quickly made Iop gear, i would prefer an air iop with earth just for stuns but what the heck.
Click here for build on wakfu-elements

Will have 1500 more HP than your xelor in PVP.

~~ Specialities:
Max lv:
  • Authority
  • compulsion
  • Vitality
  • Locking pro
  • Increase
  • Defensive stance or flatten
[blockquote][/blockquote]At lv 1
  • jump
  • bravery standard

~~ Combos to use against xelor:
Can move 9 spaces off edge without using jump.

If teleported to edge, move around on the edge to build hypermovement (so as to not lose mp on your next turn). Attack dial or anything else with flurry for power. Do not destroy dial or lower the charges to under 3 unless engaging the xelor is possible or you are close to the xelor. Ths is because the xelor can summon dial and teleport even further away happily ranging you and feeling at ease.
Use defensive stance when needed.

Engage xelor on preferred turn to stop them (for locking pro and to stop their tick or tock turn). Once engaged attack with whatever until 4ap is reached. Used bravery standard to stabalize.

Iop gets a free turn from the lock.

Use increase when you can for 100% stun, use stun when you want free turns.
Benefits of stun against xelor (excluding your free turn)
  • Resets xelors AP to 10, as it stops rollback,
  • can stop xelor from gaining ap bonus,
  • stops xelor from using ap from timkeeper,
  • removes xelors 100% damage bonus from prism

If xelor uses hydrand/sinstro to block path, be happy for the xelor not using that 4ap to damage you as xelor summons are weak. Enjoy building power with flurry on them instead of dial (doesn't matter which you pick).

~~ conclusion
That to me looks like a tough fight for the xelor and possibly an easy win for the iop. The iop is able to stun 3 times at 100%, can move 10spaces off edge, can potentially lock the xelor every other turn, and potentially has 2100 more HP than a 4900HP xelor (because of makafire ring).
0 0
Score : 393
BbeforeA|2013-08-18 02:40:24
Gynrei|2013-08-15 18:37:42

My Xelor has 1900 base HP. Makafire gogo. Also, all those nasty attacks you talk about do hit very hard. But I'll just steal all your AP's and make them my own. Mwahaha. rolleyes

PS, I suck at playing Xelor, but i'm getting better... slowly.

~~ Quickly made Iop gear, i would prefer an air iop with earth just for stuns but what the heck.

~~ Specialities:
Max lv:
  • Authority
  • compulsion
  • Vitality
  • Locking pro
  • Increase
  • jump
  • bravery standard

If teleported to edge, move around on the edge to build hypermovement (so as to not lose mp on your next turn). Attack dial or anything else with flurry for power. Do not destroy dial or lower the charges to under 3 unless engaging the xelor is possible or you are close to the xelor. Ths is because the xelor can summon dial and teleport even further away happily ranging you and feeling at ease.

Engage xelor on preferred turn to stop them (for locking pro and to stop their tick or tock turn). Once engaged attack with whatever until 4ap is reached. Used bravery standard to stabalize.

If xelor uses hydrand/sinstro to block path, be happy for the xelor not using that 4ap to damage you as xelor summons are weak. Enjoy building power with flurry on them instead of dial (doesn't matter which you pick).

~~ conclusion
That to me looks like a tough fight for the xelor and possibly an easy win for the iop. The iop is able to stun 3 times at 100%, can move 10spaces off edge, can potentially lock the xelor every other turn, and potentially has 2100 more HP than a 4900HP xelor (because of makafire ring).
Yet you don't include ALL of the Xelors utility, only reason I use Xelor when I 6 box pvp over other classes is because its op. It doesn't need nerfs though just alot of its bugs fixed.
@Yesway sacs stupid op too so I do not not want to hear it sleep 
0 0
@Thejordand

Please provide a game combo plan like i have. I did take into account xelors tp, blocks and pushes. And please don't provide a game plan that includes bug abusing like double push and rift/twist bug. I tried my best never to use those during my pvp time on xelor,

And what do you mean by 'only reason I use Xelor when I 6 box pvp over other classes is because its op'?
0 0
Score : 7097
BbeforeA|2013-08-18 02:40:24

~~ Specialities:
Max lv:
  • Authority
  • compulsion
  • Vitality
  • Locking pro
  • Increase
  • jump
  • bravery standard

~~ conclusion

That has 600 more HP than the person's 1'900 HP Xelor. Their Xelor has about 4'700 HP in combat while the Iop has around 5'300 HP. Rounded.

You can never reach 100% stun. The maximum you can reach is 60%. Increase only lasts for one attack, and does not carry over between turns. This means in close combat, your only stun option is Charge since you decided on level one Jump. All-in-all, since this gear can only make use of earth spells, you're only going to be able to squeeze in two or three attacks per turn, meaning Power building will be extremely slow and you won't be able to Increase for a while.

There's no reason to level Bravery Standard at all. Leveling it doesn't do anything for it really. Jump should be a much higher level (either to the point of 2 AP cost or maxed for non-LoS). The only way you can stable-lock a Xelor to the point where they cannot inflict damage is by standing on the outside of their dial, next to them, in such a way so that they cannot hit you with Xelor's Punishment. That requires a 2 AP Jump to do, or 9 MP which is impossible. Either way, that's only efficient for the six turns where you can Jump. Less if you're using Increase.

Otherwise, this Iop's damage is so low the Xelor will out-DPT them with Xelor's Punishment. You're maxing out at about 440% damage in this set after buffs, which is incredibly low for a mono-build Iop. Since we're consuming Power for Increase actually, it's on average at around 390% damage.

If you're using Bravery Standard as well that's half of your DPT out of the window, since now you're only left with 6 AP to attack. Moreover if you lose 2 AP and you want to standard, you'll be limited to Shaker. Lose 3 AP and you cannot attack at all except with Flurry to maintain Power.

Iop is definitely not the ideal class to be fighting a decently built Xelor. I'd argue that other well-built Xelor and Sacrier are still the only huge threats if you're spec'd for PvP properly.

• Mango
0 0
@mangao

~~ HP

Iop will have virility leveled, meaning his HP will bump to 6438 HP not 5300 HP, with makafire that's over 7000 HP.

~~ Stunning

I remembered they limited increase but wasn't sure after checking the description as it was not stated.

If it's 60% stun (without any willpower or crit) then that is still favorable and you will be able to get around 3 stuns per match. If the Iop is lucky he will be at a huge advantage, otherwise he obviously won't.
I think Ankama are too fixated on gambling though as turning iop into a gambler is annoying. Probably some staff have gambling addictions.

~~ Specialities

Bravery standard was not leveled in the build, it was at lv 1.

Jump was not leveled though it could be. Reason i decided on not having it is because power is already easy to raise, and with high HP/res/block and a stun tactic i decided it would consume too much wp. Iops can move many spaces without it already.

If you raise block you can gain 96block with defensive stance, that balances out the lack of dmg, though the dmg will still be good. You could change an item to get 100block if preferred. This will potentially give the Iop over 8500 HP for the match.

~~ Damage and quick comparison

This build only has 30% less damage over Gynreis xelor build, you should say the same to that xelor build. At the same time, Gynrei will have lower earth resist to iops air resist after spells have been leveled.

This is the damage shaker will do against 120% earth resist:
  • Without lv 100power = 300
  • With lv 100power = 370

This is how much damage x2 xelors temporal distortion will do (for 4ap like shaker), if at lv 125 against 160% air resist while on dial:
  • Without lv 100 prism = 225
  • With lv 100 prism = 300
Though i know i'm missing crits out for now.

Damage doesn't look like it will be a huge problem. Though i would like to know if Gynrei is going for a water, air or hybrid build. As if he is going to use air that will reduce his damage by a lot with that gear.

~~ More on bravery standard

Spending 4ap to completely lock a xelor isn't a big deal i think. His damage will be reduced from close range and you will be able to hit him next turn. If you are able to you could also push before locking so he loses the 50% damage bonus from dial.

You will also have enough authority next turn to attempt a stun, giving you a free turn on the xelor and another lock. You could repeating this until your 60% luck ran out (gambling...), potentially leaving the xelor having to gamble on dodge or wait for that 40% chance of no stun. With the amount of HP and tanking potential the iop will have, executing this combo shouldn't be a problem, unless that 60% trolls you.

Summary:
95% locked and stabilized --> 60% stun -> 95% locked and stabilized --> repeat until you run out of luck with authority or stuns...

Sacrificing that 4ap for that combo is worth it in my opinion.

The xelor also has to use 5ap to get away from the iop if the lock was made on the correct cell and the stun failed.
The xelor would struggle to run away with only 5-8ap left depending on rollback luck (or 5-11 if they gamble to store 3ap on their previous turn before the stun chance). Running won't be easy against a 7mp 10ap earth iop with only 5-8ap and 4-5mp even if the xelor gets to tp off a dial. At the same time that amount of AP isn't enough to hurt the iop much before he gets the xelor in a lock/stun loop again.

~~ About the gear

This was just a quick gear build i created on wakfu elements, it could definitely be improved for earth, air, or hybrid by me spending more time on it or anyone else.
0 0

A level one active specialty is a leveled one. The default level for actives is zero.

The Iop build that you showed has 1'776 HP. Multiplied by 2.5x for PvP is 4'440. Multipled again by 1.2x for maxed Virility is 5'328.

Makabrakfire would only raise the HP by 315 HP assuming you replace a ring that gives no HP, especially considering the 5% is no longer final resist as well like it used to be. Also at the expense of extraneous stats that the replaced ring would yield you. (The build you posted already has Makabrakfire in it.)

Power isn't easy to raise as pure earth. You're only getting one attack on turns where you're using B-Standard. You can't use Gutting Gust since you'll be using all of your MP to get to them if they move from end to end on the dial. You can't use Uppercut since that'd deplete WP too fast. And the proc rate is only 45% (more likely not to proc). And air/earth hybridization gear isn't totally accessible until players figure out how to farm Dragon Pig gear. Vampyro mixed with Inflatable set is fairly mediocre.

I haven't seen Gynrei's build. But shouldn't he be getting nearly 500% damage post-TC? I imagine he's in endgame gear. This Iop build on average only has 390% earth damage (half of Authority) since you're consuming nearly immediately to try to stun.

He could just attack with Xelor's Punishment too. Like I said you need 9 MP or a high level Jump (which depletes your WP fast) to get into such a position where they can't use XP and you have them Bound-Locked at the same time.

• Mango

1 0
Score : 3

BbeforeA:
I got banned for going off topic and flaming. I didn't flame since the warning and i wasn't offtopic. Moderator check what this thread is about and read my posts again since the warning. This thread is about how cheap and overpowered xelors are, in particular how overpowered they are compared to iops in PVP. I am simply trying to show an Iop tactic in beating xelors, that is me still being on topic.

@mango
If you lock the xelor you will be able to get a full turn hitting the xelor next. You could also push the xelor before locking to avoid xelors punishment. You will then potentially get 60% chance to stun for a free turn. Over time that will amount to you dealing more damage.

Iops get +40% hp in PVP not +20%.

I was referring to the makafires reflect. 10% reflect is basically 10% more HP for the Iop as it all directly goes to the xelor because it is a 1v1 (unless damage is done by hydrands/sinstros). It was calculated by potential reflect.

As for the 8500+ HP. That was in reference to using block if you were to when the iop can't reach the xelor. That basically gives u 1/3 more HP.

I don't see how Gynrei will gain 500% air damage with those items. That build gives 213% air, +50% from dial, around +100% from spells, +15% from guild. That results in roughly 380% damage without prism.

As for the earth iop, he will have roughly 365% earth damage without authority, that is only 15% damage less than the xelor. At the same time he will have more air resist than xelor's earth resist, so his damage multiplier against that particular xelor will be higher. His spell damage will also be higher as shaker is stronger than temporal distortion or underhand. Although i know that xelor can have great crit and will be able to utilize more AP. But with stuns the Iop will be able to out damage the xelor and keep removing xelors prism and rollback.

I do think both the Iop and xelor still need some work, as relying on gambling to play an iop is kind of silly. And the xelor does do a bit too much damage while maintaining TPs and pushes. But an iop can beat a xelor if built right, it's not completely hopeless for them.

0 0
BoredGMs|2013-08-18 18:00:20
@mango
If you lock the xelor you will be able to get a full turn hitting the xelor next. You could also push the xelor before locking to avoid xelors punishment. You will then potentially get 60% chance to stun for a free turn. Over time that will amount to you dealing more damage.

Iops get +40% hp in PVP not +20%.

I was referring to the makafires reflect. 10% reflect is basically 10% more HP for the Iop as it all directly goes to the xelor because it is a 1v1 (unless damage is done by hydrands/sinstros). It was calculated by potential reflect.

As for the 8500+ HP. That was in reference to using block if you were to when the iop can't reach the xelor. That basically gives u 1/3 more HP.

I don't see how Gynrei will gain 500% air damage with those items. That build gives 213% air, +50% from dial, around +100% from spells, +15% from guild. That results in roughly 380% damage without prism.

As for the earth iop, he will have roughly 365% earth damage without authority, that is only 15% damage less than the xelor. At the same time he will have more air resist than xelor's earth resist, so his damage multiplier against that particular xelor will be higher. His spell damage will also be higher as shaker is stronger than temporal distortion or underhand. Although i know that xelor can have great crit and will be able to utilize more AP. But with stuns the Iop will be able to out damage the xelor and keep removing xelors prism and rollback.

I do think both the Iop and xelor still need some work, as relying on gambling to play an iop is kind of silly. And the xelor does do a bit too much damage while maintaining TPs and pushes. But an iop can beat a xelor if built right, it's not completely hopeless for them.

So when comparing damages to that of a Xelor, you can only calculate for half of your max damage every other turn, since you're wasting AP just to stabilize yourself. Only to what, get pushed a ton on the following turn since they're now immune to Iop-Bound and you decided to use all of your AP to deal damage this time?

And no... they don't get 40%. They get 20%. Take this from someone who actually mains a Iop.

Gynrei gets 480% with Prism, something he can build in three or so turns. With your build, it will take you a very long time to build Power relying on Shaker, two hits one turn and then one hit the next, repeat.

Gonna beef up your air resistance by hybridizing and adding mastery? At the expense of already low earth damage. Can barely use air attacks against him, as his air branch gives him a tremendous amount of air resistance.

What are you going on about reflect and block? 5'300 HP is 5'300 HP, no and-if's-or's or but's. Just because you reflect some of the damage back doesn't mean you magically get more HP. When Makabrakfire granted final resist that was the case, but it has been a long time since that was the case. That is some very out-dated information you're handling.

Block isn't a guaranteed factor. You can't stat enough block to get to 100%. And if you're using Defensive Stance, you're not using Bravery Standard, so now you're vulnerable to pushback. You're trying to compare damage/AP, but you're not allowed to do that, because while the Iop is spending most of his AP to try to stay near the Xelor in your build, the Xelor can spend most if not all of his AP attacking.

So that argument is also out of the window. You're not even accounting for AP theft every other turn, locking you out of most of your tactic.

If you are any decent a Xelor at all, you should never lose to a Iop.

• Mango
1 0
Score : 3

Well like i said you can tweak the set to turn the 96 block into 100 like so (a shame you miss most of the things i write every single time mango):
Earth build gear
If this build is easily beaten by xelors and has no way of competing in 1v1 (even though i can think of combos but can't try them) then i agree with this thread, that xelors are overpowered, cheap and broken.

One less player defending xelors.

0 0
Score : 13934
Brokonaut|2013-08-18 21:14:20
If you are any decent a Xelor at all, you should never lose to a Iop.

• Mango

I think this is accurate^.

I'll post my build when I get home. Then you guys can really have at it. It's PvE centered. If I was going 1v1, I'd replace agi/cha with crit and use makafire/clawbot. I sold my Whispery Ring.

I'd be quite content to sit back and go toe to toe with that Iop. Trading 2 shakers and some stuns with 3 max Sinistros, punishment, and underhand all smacking you around would suit me fine. If I'm in danger at all i could certainly start to kite.

0 0
Score : 8763

Regardless of the state of the class now, everyone gets their hayday. I remember the OHKO cling punish sacs that were unbeatable vs any other melee class. I remember crit Wrath Iops who were able to do 2k damage in a turn, I remember the old timekeeper Xelors, which I never even got to enjoy because I was a baby back then. I remember everything that's come and gone.

Balance will always change and evolve, I'm sure at some point you'll have the advantage again, til then go cry about it, I'll probably cry when whatever class of choice you use is OP again. After the TK/Burn nerfs we were pretty much laughed at as a class until Air was buffed and even then, its the gear that drove the builds. It's our time now, deal with it.

People get to play different builds and enjoy the class. Be happy for them. If it bothers you that much, take a break from the game and get some fresh air, the devs will handle any IMBA in their own good time, there are plenty of other fun things to do in this world.

Peace,
Madd

0 -1
Score : 3530

Madd thank you, aside from that Xelors are not Op...are we better than we were before the revamp?...yes....are we any more Op than most of the other classes?....no, the playing field has just became more even, and thats about it. Ideally thats what the game needs we dont need ANY class a lot weaker than another....or way stronger for that matter. You should instead keep things in balance, the revamp did that for Xelors, that is all.

0 -1
Respond to this thread