FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

So how is the Xelor revamp so far?

By Gygas10 - MEMBER - July 30, 2013, 23:16:56
Reactions 56
Score : 735
lyricalglitchen|2013-08-06 03:01:07
Overall the changes are good.. BUT my biggest issue is I was never built for damage, i was built for Ap pull, I had 25 Willpower before the revamp, 20 from stats and 5 from wodent and gear. So my usefulness has been severely hampered as they got rid of willpower stats. Also the old style of rollback was much better. So for those of us that wanted to be support, we feel screwed, and would really just like to know, Why?!!! did you get rid of the willpower stat?

They got rid of the willpower stat as it would be OP with the current changes to hyperaction. It's easier to take AP now than before at higher levels every turn without worrying about hyperation, though i can see the problem at lower levels.
Not sure how they will fix that.

As for rollback, it was overpowered before so they gave us more control over it while lowering its' power. It's better like this i think, you pretty much always get 2-3 AP from it and now you can use it as you like.
0 0
Score : 8764
lyricalglitchen|2013-08-06 03:01:07
Overall the changes are good.. BUT my biggest issue is I was never built for damage, i was built for Ap pull, I had 25 Willpower before the revamp, 20 from stats and 5 from wodent and gear. So my usefulness has been severely hampered as they got rid of willpower stats. Also the old style of rollback was much better. So for those of us that wanted to be support, we feel screwed, and would really just like to know, Why?!!! did you get rid of the willpower stat?
A water Xelor who thinks old rollback was better? Rollback is 100% better for you now... You get the effects of it almost every turn... without fail and often stronger than in the past. Additionally, you can see and plan the full effects of rollback for the following turn DURING your turn...

I'd strain to say you are clinically insane if you think it was better before (for you) as you claim to be an AP steal build.
0 -1
Score : 13935

Rollback is essentially a passive that gives you on average 2AP a turn after the first. The average keeps increasing as you start each trn with more AP and accelerate yourself.

New Rollback is amazing.

0 0
Score : 4036
Kokonaut|2013-07-31 20:56:50
Xelor is no doubt the hardest class to play efficiently with a team now. Between spells switching functions, knowing when to Desync, and managing all of your AP correctly within 30 seconds, a good Xelor is a rare one.

Personally, I love the new Xelor with a passion. I'm having a huge deal of fun re-learning my class.

• Mango
I am too, lol, it's a blast and you're from the fire/air school and I'm die hard air/water and it's just as fun. I almost wish I had another xelor to try out a tri build centering on aging but I've already invested a lot of time runing and acquiring gear for water and air. That is one drawback to the rune system that unfortunately needs to be addressed. There are no general damage or 3 elements runes. Smithmagic is already frustrating enough as it is, but it doesn't support one of the spirits of this new possibility of tribrid play.

I'm going to admit I'm still getting used to it, lol, I totally have ran out of time before I could get everything done that I had planned to do, but I'm getting better at it all the time, lol.
0 0
Score : 3538

Ok fine ill rephrase, the thing is previoulsy i rarely relied on devotion and timekeeper. And yes it was easier to give Ap back then, most of the time now its a max of 4, because tis given directly....which ok ppl are glad they get more Ap easier for themselves. However that was never my objective, my preference was being able to give more than i got personally. Yes i still pull Ap, about the same,but i dont give nearly as much. That was my actual point. As for sins and hydrand, thats really the worst of the revamp they both are not very useful anymore.

0 0
Score : 3410

I can give 5 ap to 2 allies first turn, seems it fits what you are saying.

Sinistro is still handy, it does more damage and can wall off sections of the map, it cant furful the role it used to though.

And yeah hydrand is worthless the base damage dropped 25 points and just lost 1 ap, it was already under used because of the fact that hydrand and sinistro don't benefit from crit, crit damage, backstab damage makes them especially bad.

0 0
Score : 5187
lyricalglitchen|2013-09-03 04:48:25
Ok fine ill rephrase, the thing is previoulsy i rarely relied on devotion and timekeeper. And yes it was easier to give Ap back then, most of the time now its a max of 4, because tis given directly....which ok ppl are glad they get more Ap easier for themselves. However that was never my objective, my preference was being able to give more than i got personally. Yes i still pull Ap, about the same,but i dont give nearly as much. That was my actual point. As for sins and hydrand, thats really the worst of the revamp they both are not very useful anymore.

Sinistros are probably the best summons in game. You might want to play around with them a little and see how they work in regards to enemy AI.

I switched from Fire/Air to an almost pure water build just because of Sinistros.
0 -1
Score : 3410
Shaleigh1|2013-09-04 08:21:43
lyricalglitchen|2013-09-03 04:48:25

Sinistros are probably the best summons in game. You might want to play around with them a little and see how they work in regards to enemy AI.

I switched from Fire/Air to an almost pure water build just because of Sinistros.
I agree they are handy, but they're no mint jelly.
0 0
Score : 5187

Allright, got me there I guess.

I usually hate summons that can walk around on their own in any form since they make the game harder and not easier for any reliable strategy. That is why I would never ever take a summon Osa anywhere in my parties wink

Sinistros are more of a powerful blockade and I love those ^^

0 0
Score : 1226

I came back after months and I have no idea how to play with my Xelor anymore, especially because of the dial changes... but I'll work around it somehow...

0 0
Score : 325
Tebianco|2013-11-05 11:05:43
I came back after months and I have no idea how to play with my Xelor anymore, especially because of the dial changes... but I'll work around it somehow...
Actually, the dial changes aren't all that bad. It costs 2 AP 1WP to summon now at max, but that ends up rather easily managed, especially at higher levels with maxed Devotion. The positioning change is quick to get used to, and I've ended up finding it quite beneficial as it allows for greater reach, meaning I can conserve MP for Devotion and won't have to waste any to position the dial for the sake of hitting an enemy. Not to mention it only breaks if mu turn ends with me off it, which allows a Xelor to be able to get back onto it.

I hope this little bit of insight helps you better manage the use of your dial. It seems scary at first, but it's rather easy to get used to the changes. c:
0 0
Score : 1226
KiwiTang|2013-11-05 13:11:12
Tebianco|2013-11-05 11:05:43
Actually, the dial changes aren't all that bad. It costs 2 AP 1WP to summon now at max, but that ends up rather easily managed, especially at higher levels with maxed Devotion. The positioning change is quick to get used to, and I've ended up finding it quite beneficial as it allows for greater reach, meaning I can conserve MP for Devotion and won't have to waste any to position the dial for the sake of hitting an enemy. Not to mention it only breaks if mu turn ends with me off it, which allows a Xelor to be able to get back onto it.

I hope this little bit of insight helps you better manage the use of your dial. It seems scary at first, but it's rather easy to get used to the changes. c:

It was! Haha, I used to place myself in way that I'd use the dial summoning to teleport myself away from the enemy without being locked, but that's not an option anymore xD

I really like the Xelor class so one way or another I'll get used to the changes so I can continue playing it, something I noticed tho is that more people are willing to use an tri element xelor, did the changes make it better? I always played like that but most people didn't like it since I couldn't do as much damage as a pure fire one.
0 0
Score : 3404

you better go for duo, cause of the sets, but can also go tri with the new wisdom sets, which have some nice neutral damage bonus. anyway, now, having 5 spells to max gives you freedom to come up with a pretty unique gameplay.

0 0
Score : 965
Okay guys, how do I into giving allies AP? :wacko:
My level 30 aging water Xelor got nerfed to hell and I find half of the descriptions in water spells to be misleading.

0 0
Th3LimiT|2013-11-23 02:45:05
Okay guys, how do I into giving allies AP? :wacko:
My level 30 aging water Xelor got nerfed to hell and I find half of the descriptions in water spells to be misleading.
On Tick turns, you can cast Time Control on an ally. This has a chance of granting them 1 AP, with the additional effect of granting them AP everytime you manage to remove some from an enemy with Xelor's Sandglass during that turn. Essentially, you're stealing an enemy's AP and giving it to your chosen ally.
0 0
Score : 3404
Okay guys, how do I into giving allies AP? My level 30 aging water Xelor got nerfed to hell and I find half of the descriptions in water spells to be misleading.

yeah, thats the thing about water branch - completely blurry descriptions(wonder if they did better in french). all the xelors i knew were rebuilding their builds for three or four times, since they have been mislead by the info given. few even did ragequit seppuku.

to the point: you put an ally in so-called temporal focus via ex-slowdown spell, then you spam water spells on whatever you got there to attack and there is a chance that while you spam those spells you will give some ap to the ally in the temporal focus.
to yourself for example c:

granting them AP everytime you manage to remove some from an enemy with Xelor's Sandglass during that turn. Essentially, you're stealing an enemy's AP and giving it to your chosen ally.
*buzz* wrong. you can spam sandglass right on the free cell or hydrand.
0 0
khackt|2013-11-23 09:18:43

granting them AP everytime you manage to remove some from an enemy with Xelor's Sandglass during that turn. Essentially, you're stealing an enemy's AP and giving it to your chosen ally.
*buzz* wrong. you can spam sandglass right on the free cell or hydrand.
Huh, never thought of trying the empty cell thing. And it actually works, too.
0 0
Respond to this thread