By Gygas10 - MEMBER - July 30, 2013, 23:16:56
Reactions 56
Score : 735

I think mono water xelors are a lot better now than before o.O

0 0
Score : 24999
Chrolo|2013-07-31 01:37:25
Dont turn this in a Sadida is bad thread Kiku

My dolls cannot survive more then 2 hits and sinistro with equal in AP cost to greedy doll can take 3 hits before vanishing.
I still remember when grou wanted to add charges to dolls instead of hp and you guys were all like NOOOOOOOO dont add charges, bad idea blabla. Now you complain that your dolls dont have these charges :s

Sinistros can only attack 1 target in a range of 1-3, it doesnt take the mastery of the Xelor and doesnt explode for some heal and damage when it dies.

Xelor might get summons and %damage passive but they lose all their %damage when they get locked or stunned and cant attack for a turn, while Sadi keeps it even if you idle for a few turns as long you dont summon.

anyway ontopic:

i was expecting a bit more aging damage. It is quite a lackluster right now, but overall i really like the changes
Was not meant to turn it into sadida thread. Was only replying about Xelor from the Sadida point of view. And the problem with dolls having "charges" was because they would loose them every turn while being melee dolls wich means they would often just die within one turn. However people asked in same time for improvement for HP on dolls (and resist). Nobody expected dolls to neither have charges nor any HP/resist improvement and it simply made people tricked by Grou's words. If we knew that dolls would die from 1 attack like now then it is obviously better to have them with charges as that would make them take 3 hits not 1. Still it wasn't liked because people wanted to play with dolls... But Doh if i will keep trying to explain it i will indeed turn it into a Sadida topic. So i will stop here with just saying that they didn't improved dolls in any way in terms of their survivalability and it turned out that the sinistro is better "tank" then a seed or doll.

As for the dmg % - if we get locked - seriously? Who on earth when being a Xelor would not care to use even 1 AP to ensure to keep dmg % boost activated in case of lock? And as for stun you are indeed right but stun is so rare in game that it will make it difficult vs certain selected enemies only. Still if i get stunned i am most likely dead anyway as it makes me skip my whole turn, giving my enemy full AP/MP bonus from one turn to damage me freely and in that case the loose of all the dmg% wouldn't matter for me as i would loose anyway. And its still a different matter that a stun state is game breaking... more then blindness used to be, but for some reason it was blindness that received nerf. Guess we will see nerf for stun too soon or later, once they figure out how to do it.

Still it doesnt change the fact that Sadida need 5 turns to get full boost and after that 5 turns the fight is already over, while Xelor can get 50% (or 75%) bonus with 45% another dmg bonus from temporal prism from first turn already (wich is in best case 120% dmg bonus gained from 1 turn if standing on currenthour cell).

Xelor is so much greater that i see nothing to complain about it. It's just perfect, well thought and well done. There could be some minor changes added like Tempus fugit portals could last longer for example or the first two passives could have been merfged to add Temporal Armor passive again, but overall the Xelor is awsome. It's propably first well made revamp from Ankama.

Dial is really awsome now with 8 charges and ability to "repair it". The ability for Xelor to push enemy away in the following turn is nice too. New dial also allow for easy backstab on first turn if you start fight few cells away from enemy and Xelor can return on it in it's own turn if it got pushed away to keep it activated wich is also great. The only problem Xelor might have is when it will get surrounded but then it can teleport out and make new dial.

p.s. Sorry for "bringing out Sadida here" but in case of class comparison i just had no choice not to mention it. If you want to discuss further more the Sadida class i will be happy to continue on Sadida section.
0 0
Score : 1003
Shaleigh1|2013-07-31 19:30:26
Mindless?

I think Xelor now belongs among the most complex classes the game has to offer. The revamp has been great.
Yes, in my opinion it is.
It might be more complex in group play, where you have to decide who needs AP most in given moment.
But in solo play there's nobody else to target, so you have to "mindlessly" spam double Devotion on yourself every turn. Same goes for Timekeeper if you prefer to attack only during tick/tocks.
0 0
Score : 1814

Xelor is no doubt the hardest class to play efficiently with a team now. Between spells switching functions, knowing when to Desync, and managing all of your AP correctly within 30 seconds, a good Xelor is a rare one.

Personally, I love the new Xelor with a passion. I'm having a huge deal of fun re-learning my class.

• Mango

0 0
Uiasdnmb|2013-07-31 20:46:14
Shaleigh1|2013-07-31 19:30:26
Mindless?

I think Xelor now belongs among the most complex classes the game has to offer. The revamp has been great.
Yes, in my opinion it is.
It might be more complex in group play, where you have to decide who needs AP most in given moment.
But in solo play there's nobody else to target, so you have to "mindlessly" spam double Devotion on yourself every turn. Same goes for Timekeeper if you prefer to attack only during tick/tocks.
I have to disagree. Playing tactically now with teleports requires mp so it's not like devotion always gives you 2ap as you won't always have 2mp to spare, you have to balance it with your movements.

I've been playing a lot of 1v1 pvp with tri xelor since yesterday so i know what i'm talking about as i've been using devotion a lot in it. I'm not always able to use it for 2ap sometimes not even enough mp for 1ap.
0 0
Score : 24999

A cool trick to stack the Temporal Prism is to use the 1 ap water spell on self in first turn wich would give you back 1 AP and cast temporal burn on empty cell wich will cost... 0 AP as it will target nothing, wich means you will have all of your AP to use AIr spells and keep full potential of Temporal Prism. This trick with temporal burn happends only on Tick turns where it is not an aoe, same for that AP giving spell to self from water branch (Time Control).

p.s. it is funny to see huge "push" that an air xelor can do with 15AP combo.

0 0

Yeh it's kind of overpowered being able to push 6 spaces with 11ap or 8 spaces with 14ap lol.

0 0
Score : 393
Kokonaut|2013-07-31 20:56:50
Xelor is no doubt the hardest class to play efficiently with a team now. Between spells switching functions, knowing when to Desync, and managing all of your AP correctly within 30 seconds, a good Xelor is a rare one.

Personally, I love the new Xelor with a passion. I'm having a huge deal of fun re-learning my class.

• Mango
This, But as pure Air I lost soooooooooo much damage QQ. Overall though loving the new utility and teleports are amazing you can actually setup aoes now rather than rely on your teamates to do so, also have a great res and more init than any other class currently i'm at almost 350(without angora) init and getting about 600% air damage when nation bonus is up.
0 0
Score : 5187

• Mango

I don't want to litter up your guide thread with this, but do you feel you have to change your build just because it is too complex to play it correctly at all times, or do you also think your initial build idea is not optimal in terms of power?

I switched to Air/Fire myself and while I have a few substantial differences to your build, my general idea is somewhat similar as to far as spell usage and utilization of special abilities go.

I still find myself confused in a lot of situations as to what the optimal course of action is, but I also feel like I am getting more and more used to it. Plus I don't feel like my power level is insufficient. That is why I am surprised to see you abandon this build.
0 0
Score : 50

I'm just curious if mono water Xelors are any good with all the damage decreases

0 0

Mono water deals more dmg now than mono fire or mono air.

Hope that answers ur question lol.

0 0
Score : 44

The 1st turn damage is indeed lower (if you put dial) but I don't think it is weaker or stronger -- just different.

As a side note, anyone notice temporal prism not triggering when you cast Aging then it crits?huh
(No other air spells were cast that turn)

0 0

It's stronger by total spell base dmg on both tick and tock.

0 0
Score : 50

i'm just not seeing it...all the base damage is way lower than some of the spells on air and fire, trust me i'm not trying to act like I know anything about xelor(cause I really don't)....just going by the numbers @[email protected]

0 0

That's not it. With accelerator water attacks get +5ap on tick. And on tock they easily remove 5+ap now and can do so on every other turn as hyperaction gets removed by then.

If you play with timekeeper you can reach up to 271 total spell damage on tick while removing 2-4ap, 4ap 100% if u build for it.

At the same time taking ap gives u +20% chance of returning another ap. So overall with some crit and 10+ap you will be boss on water if you play it properly.

Checked again, temporal distortion actually has slightly more damage excluding the 20% ap per attack chance :s.

0 0
Score : 7098
Shaleigh1|2013-08-01 16:19:57

• Mango

I don't want to litter up your guide thread with this, but do you feel you have to change your build just because it is too complex to play it correctly at all times, or do you also think your initial build idea is not optimal in terms of power?

I switched to Air/Fire myself and while I have a few substantial differences to your build, my general idea is somewhat similar as to far as spell usage and utilization of special abilities go.

I still find myself confused in a lot of situations as to what the optimal course of action is, but I also feel like I am getting more and more used to it. Plus I don't feel like my power level is insufficient. That is why I am surprised to see you abandon this build.

I believe you may have posted this in the wrong thread.

In any case, I abandoned my original build because I found the amount of options I had per turn to be too much. In a sense, yes it was too complex for me.

I ended up finding a build that would end up dealing similar damage to my original build, synergized with teammates better, and was all around more comfortable to use. It was also all-around more interesting in PvP for me. I don't have an issue using up 15 to 18 AP per turn as much as I did before.

It also let me take Mummification, which is pretty sweet. The class is still very fun, and that's what's most important to me.

• Mango
0 0

Then again temporal distortion doesn't do back or side dmg....

So if you did side dmg u would do more dmg than temporal distortion. And if you go backstab that's a lot more...

I still think water is the best, or at least a tri build that uses water as damage as well.

0 0
Score : 8764

Loving it on both pure Air and Air/Fire Xelors. I'm just waiting around hoping not to get nerfed too bad because of how powerful I've become.

0 0
Score : 1453

In general, I like post-revamp xel. I have found only two issues, which significance depends on one's play style:
1. To get all important specialities on proper lvl, I had to sacrifice some other important ones. It wasn't the problem before - I had all important specs at max, I only had to sacrifice "conveniency" specs;
2. Aging is terribly weak. Before revamp, I had hoped that dmg increase will compensate for lower ini steals, but it didn't.

Beside these two issues, everything else gives me rather positive impression so far. Some new things and features are useful, some even provide unexpected fun. I sometimes spam underhand just to watch enemy sliding backwards biggrin.

off topic
Ankama, now it is fourth month going since bug wiped my HB, you proved that you don't give a shit. I believe you. Now you can fix my damn Haven Bag.

1 0
Score : 3538

Overall the changes are good.. BUT my biggest issue is I was never built for damage, i was built for Ap pull, I had 25 Willpower before the revamp, 20 from stats and 5 from wodent and gear. So my usefulness has been severely hampered as they got rid of willpower stats. Also the old style of rollback was much better. So for those of us that wanted to be support, we feel screwed, and would really just like to know, Why?!!! did you get rid of the willpower stat?

0 0
Respond to this thread