FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

So how is the Xelor revamp so far?

By Gygas10 - MEMBER - July 30, 2013, 23:16:56

I've been finding it pretty good so far. I am fire/air and I barely use my dial which I find strange and I am pulling off good damage for my level. How is it for you guys?

0 0
Reactions 56
Score : 58

I'm trying a trielemental build and i'm having fun so far. Damage's a bit lower than it used to be, but i'd say the gameplay has improved.

0 0
Score : 24999

I think that xelors got damage boost it's just overall damage % from spells that might make you feel it got reduced.

I have to say i am jelous of how cool changes they did to Xelor. Me - Sadida.
My dolls cannot survive more then 2 hits and sinistro with equal in AP cost to greedy doll can take 3 hits before vanishing. What's more Sinistro is ranged and does not move wich make it perfect summon that is always doing it's job and survive for long enough to make up for the summoning cost.

Both Sadida and Xelor get +2 command (Leadership/Mechanics) wich means they can have the same amount of summons on the field, however Sadida summons cost WP for some cursed reason and therfore Sadida cannot have more then 6 Dolls, unlike Xelor who can get more then 5 sinistros. What's more Sadida have limitations and difficulties with the use of WP vs critical failure, -WP cells and dungeons with bosses that drain WP or the dungeon itself that hurt you when you cast WP related spell. Xelor doesn't have those problems at least not with the use of summons: Hydrants and Sinistros.

Damage of Xelor can go up to 100% without dial in about 3 turns (it is possible ot get 90% dmg boost on 2nd turn already) with Temporal Prism passive, while Sadida with its Lone Sadida passive need 3 turns to get 90% dmg bonus and it cannot summon anything if it want to keep the bonus unlike Xelor who is free to use Sinistro or Hydrant at will. Whats more summoning those mechanical creatures will also boost Xelor's Temportal Prism damage bonus.

Xelor on dial can get another 50% dmg bonus or even 75% if its on current hour cell. This combined with Temporal Prism make it possible for Xelor to get 150% or 175% dmg bonus. Sadida can have 150% dmg bonus but after 5th turns only and like i already have said only if it wont use dolls...

The base dmg of Xelor's spells is also better then those of Sadida. Xelor's Punishment is very strong while Sadida's Tear is weaker and has shorter range to be cast.

I am just wondering why there's so much hate towards Sadida class from ankama side? Just look at Xelor changes - those are really well done changes with maybe just few mistakes that should be fixed (for example Devotion spell at some point does not increase anything when you level it and it also happends with Temporal Prism).

These changes to Xelor are making me want to reroll to Xelor from my Sadida as it is more reliable, wanted in team for AP support and is basically stronger and it does it all faster without messing team's tactic by some unexpected doll movement.

0 -1
Score : 735

I like it a lot :S

0 0
Score : 2117

Dont turn this in a Sadida is bad thread Kiku

My dolls cannot survive more then 2 hits and sinistro with equal in AP cost to greedy doll can take 3 hits before vanishing.
I still remember when grou wanted to add charges to dolls instead of hp and you guys were all like NOOOOOOOO dont add charges, bad idea blabla. Now you complain that your dolls dont have these charges :s

Sinistros can only attack 1 target in a range of 1-3, it doesnt take the mastery of the Xelor and doesnt explode for some heal and damage when it dies.

Xelor might get summons and %damage passive but they lose all their %damage when they get locked or stunned and cant attack for a turn, while Sadi keeps it even if you idle for a few turns as long you dont summon.

anyway ontopic:

i was expecting a bit more aging damage. It is quite a lackluster right now, but overall i really like the changes
0 0
Score : 689

I'm a fire build. By using timekeeper along with devotion and rollback, past turn 1, I am averaging 14AP a turn (though many turns I have more.) (I'm in a 10/4 setup)
I am a bit disappointed with hand being only 2 casts per turn, but since I can now have 4 spells leveled, I have Hand, Dust, Line of fire, and hydrand.
I was able to keep using only 1 Dial in the poutch fight during restat (the high res one) which shows that as long as enemies are not actively attacking the dial, the use of timekeeper will sustain it.

Dust having a smaller AoE on half the turns is disappointing, especially for its AP cost, though the rebound on hand on half the turns is nice.

I have slightly less damage on turns 1 due to the mastery changes, though temporal (something can't remember off-hand) makes turn 2 break about even, and turn 3 I'm doing more damage.

Haven't had an opportunity to use mummification yet, though it seems to be a viable resurrection spell now.

Overall, I am content with the changes in the fire branch.

Fortune helps those who help themselves. In this scenario, the xelors that choose to adapt, stand only to gain.

0 0
Score : 12142

i like it.

0 0
Score : 3410

I love it, i have one small problem with it though, and that's that hydrand is super weak.

@Crolo You really don't know what you're talking about dude.

0 0
Score : 2117
HakazabaJub|2013-07-31 02:17:54
I love it, i have one small problem with it though, and that's that hydrand is super weak.

Its true that i only skipped over the sadi pdf thread. I still remember most of you agreeing with Kiku about the charges on dolls thing.

If i'm wrong on any other part please enlighten me because all i said is right
0 0

Yeh it is a bit too weak i think :s.

You could play a summon + teleport build with them i think though.
0 0
BbeforeA|2013-07-31 03:50:51

Yeh it is a bit too weak i think :s.

You could play a summon + teleport build with them i think though.
Yeah, though sinistro does 33 damage at level 100 and 1ap and hydrand only does 30 damage. So sinistro is the best choice for that.
0 0

yeh i agree to that as well :s. Only advantage hydrand has is it's an aoe. Not so great though when you rarely ever need it and when you do it's just for fun.

I've been playing with teleports. I think it's a bit too OP against sacriers and iops. They can't touch me when i spam them 5 spaces away with underhand or spam teleport them to the edges.

They will probably nerf xelors teleport later. Wakfu seems so hard to balance T_T.

0 0
BbeforeA|2013-07-31 05:07:15
yeh i agree to that as well :s. Only advantage hydrand has is it's an aoe. Not so great though when you rarely ever need it and when you do it's just for fun.

I've been playing with teleports. I think it's a bit too OP against sacriers and iops. They can't touch me when i spam them 5 spaces away with underhand or spam teleport them to the edges.

They will probably nerf xelors teleport later. Wakfu seems so hard to balance T_T.
Well there is one advantage, hydrand is stabilized, so if you want to corner people its better for that.

I grabbed both.
0 0
Score : 2823
Chrolo|2013-07-31 01:37:25

My dolls cannot survive more then 2 hits and sinistro with equal in AP cost to greedy doll can take 3 hits before vanishing.
I still remember when grou wanted to add charges to dolls instead of hp and you guys were all like NOOOOOOOO dont add charges, bad idea blabla. Now you complain that your dolls dont have these charges :s
+1
0 0
Score : 325
smallz117|2013-07-31 07:17:45
Chrolo|2013-07-31 01:37:25

+1
+2

As for the revamp, it's been so, so much better than I expected. What tiny drawbacks there may be can very easily be adapted to.
0 0
Score : 13935

Teleport may be strong in 1v1 but in team play it shouldn't matter. I don't want to see more nerfs because of all the people saying they can't beat a Xelor it's too strong.
0 0
Gynrei|2013-07-31 16:21:27

Teleport may be strong in 1v1 but in team play it shouldn't matter. I don't want to see more nerfs because of all the people saying they can't beat a Xelor it's too strong.
Yeh i agree :s.

But they need to change something, either for iop or for xelor. Because right now a 7mp iop can barely touch a xelor enough to kill.
0 0
Score : 3404

my water dude is feeling upset and useless, but im feeling awesome:
yeah, lost my tactics and personal combat style with hydrand and dial revamps, lost much of stuff like damages and everything,

But! xelors are so much fun to play now QuQ
im fire/air now, but no place for aging, had too much of other glorious spells to level.

0 0
Score : 1003

There's WAY more (mindless) clicking to do, especially hurting in solo play.
As fire there's:
turn 1: dial, time control, devo, devo (all mandatory, you only decide where to place dial everything else is a must-cast)
Don't get me wrong i like the utility but the mashing of buttons that came is hurting my fingers.

0 0
Score : 5187

Mindless?

I think Xelor now belongs among the most complex classes the game has to offer. The revamp has been great.

0 0
Respond to this thread