FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pacification

By Aurium April 05, 2012, 08:57:19

So I'm somewhat curious as to what you guys think about the Pacification skill once the new hotfix takes effect.

Pacification - "The Feca reverses his resistance and damage percentages in order to hit harder."

With the whole 75% resist to any element cap... does that not totally screw over any potential for this skill? I'm guessing any Feca that wanted to try it out is not going to get those points refunded (although time will tell). I don't know maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way... hence why I'm wanting some opinions. I thought the spell had some pretty cool potential... maybe it still does(?)

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 1752

Actually, in one scenario this won't affect it at all; if you are using pacification to boost your damage that is!

Tactic is to place multiple resistance glyphs down, stand in the center of them all, and hit Pacification, this will change that stacked resistance into massive damage.

... of course it's pointless if you're already built for pure damage in mind and have damage bonus equal to your end resistance with the glyphs.

I think when the developers created Pacification they didn't take into account the sheer amount of +damage% boosting gear there would be as a pose to resistance.. so it's hardly for boosting damage as it is for boosting your resistance - which yes, in this hotfix, would be pretty useless.

0 0
Score : 905

Actually, I've noticed that the resistance and damage bonuses from equipment aren't affected by Pacification; only Ironclad, spell mastery, attribute-based, and glyph-given resistances are reversed, and the damage bonuses from your equips are kept where they are. In my opinion, the only downside of Pacification that keeps people from using it is the fact that it uses WP. You can go ahead and plop down 3 glyphs for the sake of Pacification and then activate it, but you could only do it three times in the fight after using those 3 glyphs, which wouldn't even maximize your damage from the spell since you can set up a max of 5 overlapping ones. Even then, a Water Feca would need to use Drip, which takes 3 AP to cast, and therefore spend more turns to set up than most Earth Fecas.

It's a shame, really, since I really enjoy the concept of this ability.

0 0
Score : 2761

Spell Mastery bonuses eventually become 200% damage and 100% resist when maxed for some stupid reason. So pacification still seems kinda useless for increasing your damage at the upper end, I think.

0 0
Score : 2635

the day they made glyphs useful, pacification became useless forever. even if it seriously boosted your dmg theres no excuse to waste wakfu on paci

0 0
Respond to this thread