FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

1.1.5 Damage reduction change

By Jezebelle - MEMBER - April 05, 2012, 00:30:53

"Elemental damage can no longer be reduced beyond 75%."
-Source: patchnotes 1.1.5

Does anyone know how this affects Feca's Ironclad or Peace armor skills? I do hope they haven't just been made useless...Thanks
Thanks

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1644

This shouldn't affect Peace Armor because Peace Armor is a final damage reduction - not elemental specific.

In regards to resistance glyphs, yes they will be affected. Even if you had 500% fire resistance, for example, a fire attack will still have at least 25% damage boost on you. It is meant to stop players from only taking 1 damage with resistances.

This does affect Iron Clad, because Iron Clad specifically gives elemental resistance boosts.

However, you shouldn't interpret this as "resistance is useless beyond 75%!" because that's not the case. If your opponent has +1000% fire damage, you would need 750% resistance to maximize your damage reduction vs them. You would still need to stack resistances for that.

0 0
Score : 2637

Note: I think this is a bad translation and poorly worded on the part of dev, I don't think this is resistance cap

I think this is the the % of damage which gets reduced by high resistance

ATM high level bosses reduce your damage 99% and if your ele attack isn't high enough, you will do 1 damage to Black Crow/moowolf etc

I think this will get reduced so resist can't lower your damage output to more than 25%.

this is just a hunch. I don't think its a resist cap that theyre talking about, that would be kind of silly.(Feca already has a 40% passive resist lol)Ankama is dumb but not that dumb I hope.

0 0
Score : 3011
tdaniel|2012-04-05 02:28:56
Note: I think this is a bad translation and poorly worded on the part of dev, I don't think this is resistance cap

I think this is the the % of damage which gets reduced by high resistance

ATM high level bosses reduce your damage 99% and if your ele attack isn't high enough, you will do 1 damage to Black Crow/moowolf etc

I think this will get reduced so resist can't lower your damage output to more than 25%.

this is just a hunch. I don't think its a resist cap that theyre talking about, that would be kind of silly.(Feca already has a 40% passive resist lol)Ankama is dumb but not that dumb I hope.
This is how i took it.
0 0
Score : 1644

Yes, it works both ways.

PvE mobs cannot reduce your damage to 1 on them too.

0 0
Score : 1753
Jezebelle|2012-04-05 00:30:53
"Elemental damage can no longer be reduced beyond 75%."
-Source: patchnotes 1.1.5

Does anyone know how this affects Feca's Ironclad or Peace armor skills? I do hope they haven't just been made useless...Thanks
Thanks

If you already reach the 75% damage reduction cap with regular resists, Peace Armor does not give you any additional benefit.

That means that if you're fighting an element that matches your own, peace armor is practically useless in that battle unless they use other elemental attacks.
0 0
Respond to this thread