FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

About Feca Damage..

By Leyrio - MEMBER - April 03, 2012, 04:18:33

I've been hearing a lot of complaints about Feca Damage being poor or overwhelmingly powerful- there's a few things some folks need to take into consideration;

Feca damage is largely dependent on a combination of glyphs, armors and spellcasting. My current build [with no stats in strength to boost earth damage], currently hits for 300ish at level 75- this is only possible through Fecammer spam when I put down 4 Movement Glyphs (that are level 50), with 200% earth damage boost through gear alone.

My range is poor (1-3), but any melee mob in that range will get hammered [har har] pretty hardcore. This damage also however is single target and leaves us immobile.. with no way what-so-ever to escape (unlike those pesky air cra). It's a build that's also fragile- as pushing/pulling can knock us out of our glyph range and make us useless.. and don't say we can glyph teleport back- we'll just get knocked back out again.. simple as that.

This is why we love to call ourselves 'Fecarrets', we're Feca Turrets!

Players have to realize that this is not overpowering, it's a very balanced scale- we could either go extreme range with poor damage, medicore range with medicore damage, or short range with good damage... or we can choose to not concentrate on ourselves at all.

... and that's the kicker, just as we used glyphs to buff our damage output, we can use glyphs to boost other classes' damage output as well.

What I'm trying to get at, is that even though we can glyph ourselves to a good damage output, it will never be greater than that of other classes like a Fire Iop, Water Enutrof, or Air/Fire Cra, and it will NEVER compare at all to those same classes when they are glyphed.

0 0
Reactions 22
Score : 622

seeing as though you're up there in level as a feca, i would like to ask you for advice. I'm currently going after earth feca and use hammer and fecabo as my combo. I would also like to point out that i'm only level 13 as well. I'm planning to save up enough points to add 1 mp and am trying to aim for a build around peace armor (peace armor looks cool o.e lol). As an experienced feca, do you think this isn't a bad way to go/path to take?

0 0
Score : 2636
Leyrio|2012-04-03 04:18:33
What I'm trying to get at, is that even though we can glyph ourselves to a good damage output, it will never be greater than that of other classes like a Fire Iop, Water Enutrof, or Air/Fire Cra, and it will NEVER compare at all to those same classes when they are glyphed.
false (in single target dmg) we can rival them if we can stay on our glyphs, except air cra.

second part is true though. in team matches, it's better to glyph damage dealers than yourself. if you're alone and can glyph yourself though, your damage can get really high.

@Noobmaster, your build idea is fine, but you should probably focus on Orb too. Fecabo, Defensive Orb, and Fecammer are your priorities in the Earth build (because of their glyphs & armors as well). I know you're asking OP but if you want a quick reply there you go.
0 0
Score : 1752
Noobmaster69|2012-04-03 07:00:06
seeing as though you're up there in level as a feca, i would like to ask you for advice. I'm currently going after earth feca and use hammer and fecabo as my combo. I would also like to point out that i'm only level 13 as well. I'm planning to save up enough points to add 1 mp and am trying to aim for a build around peace armor (peace armor looks cool o.e lol). As an experienced feca, do you think this isn't a bad way to go/path to take?

Fecammer and Fecabo... with Peace Armor? Well there's a couple things you should know;

MP boosting items will not be in short supply at later levels, in fact almost every earth based shoe from level 45+ has at least +1 MP. I've never had a problem with just having the +1 MP from my shoes, as Fecammer takes 2 MP you'll have to boost MP twice in order to make the most of it.. otherwise you'll just have 1 MP left over.

Fecammer however is your best damage dealing spell, as it's critical damage is nearly double it's original damage, and just having the glyph will boost your MP so you can cast it more. Fecabo is only one range more and deals a bit less damage, but would be great if you planned to stay in one spot, because it can boost your range as a glyph.

Peace Armor.. never meddled with it, you could be a great tank with it in my opinion but remember it only works best when you have invested points in it, as well as Glyph or Armor and Feca Master- because you're going to need more plates to make it worthwhile. 20 plates and charges sound like a lot, but in actuality it only lasts you 10 or less turns.

My advice is if you go Peace Armor, get Ironclad as well down the road [may as well go the extra distance right?], and work on Fecammer and Fecabo; +1 MP from shoes later on will let you cast Fecammer twice and Fecabo once in a single turn without glyphs. As for a stat to boost besides MP? I would STRONGLY suggest +Range!

When you finally hit 50 on Fecammer, things will get so much easier, especially if you can place 4 glyphs, because by then you'll have 4 MP (3 + 1 from Shoe) and +2 MP from each Fecammer Glyph.. meaning 12 MP.. which means you can cast Fecammer 6 times in one turn.

The range is 1-3 normally, but if you invest in +1 Range and get Lv50 Fecabo Glyph, that will boost to 1-6 range with Fecammer, and there are items that give +1 Range as well, meaning you can go as high as 7 or 8 range!

I most certainly wish I had invested in range rather than initiative. Hope that helps. biggrin 

tdaniel|2012-04-03 07:14:50
Leyrio|2012-04-03 04:18:33
false (in single target dmg) we can rival them if we can stay on our glyphs, except air cra.

second part is true though. in team matches, it's better to glyph damage dealers than yourself. if you're alone and can glyph yourself though, your damage can get really high.

@Noobmaster, your build idea is fine, but you should probably focus on Orb too. Fecabo, Defensive Orb, and Fecammer are your priorities in the Earth build (because of their glyphs & armors as well). I know you're asking OP but if you want a quick reply there you go.

Well, I suppose what I was trying to say is.. without glyphs, we are hardly comparable to other damage dealing classes. With glyphs we are, but at the same time if we used glyphs on them we still would not compare.
0 0
Score : 1644

I do about 1.1k damage in one turn on my Feca. Pretty satisfied with the damage output.

If a Sacrier pulls me off of my glyphs, I just set an Action glyph adjacent to the Sacrier. Teleportation to the Action glyph. Teleportation again to my glyph base. Home sweet home. When I arrive back on my glyphs on 2nd teleport, I am given a fresh load of stats that allows me to attack the Sacrier. All in the same turn.

Pretty satisfied. : )

Feca is a thinker's class. I encourage everyone to practice their glyph combos. There are SOO many combinations. Teleportation + glyph combos are good to memorize, so you know how to handle situations such as when a Sacrier pulls you. You are as strong as how well you can control your Feca.

0 0
Score : 602
Iife|2012-04-03 08:42:43
I do about 1.1k damage in one turn on my Feca. Pretty satisfied with the damage output.

If a Sacrier pulls me off of my glyphs, I just set an Action glyph adjacent to the Sacrier. Teleportation to the Action glyph. Teleportation again to my glyph base. Home sweet home. When I arrive back on my glyphs on 2nd teleport, I am given a fresh load of stats that allows me to attack the Sacrier. All in the same turn.

Feca is a thinker's class. I encourage everyone to practice their glyph combos. There are SOO many combinations. Teleportation + glyph combos are good to memorize, so you know how to handle situations such as when a Sacrier pulls you. You are as strong as how well you can control your Feca.

lol 1.1k dmg ? how many turn it took to gly up. How many str did u put points in.

I am level 100. Very well geared as my team and i downed black crow boss before. I hit 250 dmg a turn w/o gly on boo or 350 on normal crow which consumed all of my mp and ap. Next time if u say u can hit 1.1k dmg in 1 turn. feel free to pm me for a duel to show me the dmg.

-Deroid-
0 0
Score : 257
SirHypno|2012-04-03 08:51:32

lol 1.1k dmg ? how many turn it took to gly up. How many str did u put points in.

I am level 100. Very well geared as my team and i downed black crow boss before. I hit 250 dmg a turn w/o gly on boo or 350 on normal crow which consumed all of my mp and ap. Next time if u say u can hit 1.1k dmg in 1 turn. feel free to pm me for a duel to show me the dmg.

-Deroid-
try this:get 6mp with boowish set instead of using exploited black crow hat
set fecammer glyphs in 1 turn
following turns use 6x fecammer
???
success!

I am sure the person you quoted is referring to their damage with glyphs.
0 0
yuckyuki|2012-04-03 09:04:17

-Deroid-
try this:get 6mp with boowish set instead of using exploited black crow hat
set fecammer glyphs in 1 turn
following turns use 6x fecammer
???
success!

I am sure the person you quoted is referring to their damage with glyphs.
hah exploit. You sir, is a funny man.
0 0

In order to deal 1,100 damage regularly every turn, using 6 Fecammer with no critical hits, you would have to have over 380% Earth Damage and Level 100 Fecammer.

I am assuming you are a Pure Strength build, because even with all earth damage gear with no strength I am hard pressed to break 220% Earth Damage, I'm certain with all 500 points inside strength you'd get a hefty 125% more, and 40% more with Intimidation Aura.. giving a grand total of 385%.

Still though, you'd have to be fighting things that have 0% earth resist or less to get that much damage, not to mention be right next to it in order to give it negative resist.

All in all, you'd be dealing 180ish damage with Level 100 Fecammer.. you can do great damage, but I'm willing to bet money you have that wonderful 1-3 range that renders you pretty much useless in PvP against certain classes, as well as no initiative to speak of.
0 0

-Deroid-

It's pretty simple to do, really. My Feca's 100, too. Nox server's first 100 Feca (first week and 3 days of game launch). : )

Leyrio|2012-04-03 09:39:16

In order to deal 1,100 damage regularly every turn, using 6 Fecammer with no critical hits, you would have to have over 380% Earth Damage and Level 100 Fecammer.

I am assuming you are a Pure Strength build, because even with all earth damage gear with no strength I am hard pressed to break 220% Earth Damage, I'm certain with all 500 points inside strength you'd get a hefty 125% more, and 40% more with Intimidation Aura.. giving a grand total of 385%.

Still though, you'd have to be fighting things that have 0% earth resist or less to get that much damage, not to mention be right next to it in order to give it negative resist.

All in all, you'd be dealing 180ish damage with Level 100 Fecammer.. you can do great damage, but I'm willing to bet money you have that wonderful 1-3 range that renders you pretty much useless in PvP against certain classes, as well as no initiative to speak of.

Who says my hammer only has 3 range? : ) And for initiative, I can reach ~120 initiative (not including base stats) without sacrificing a drop of damage. I can adjust it to be higher but it would take away a little earth %.

With the correct combination, you can actually do more Fecammers per turn than just 6. Also, with other glyph combos that don't consume a lot of MP, such as Defensive Orb, you should remember that you get stats every single time you walk on your glyphs. Hint hint: take advantage of that fact. I'll let you theorycraft with that. : )
0 0
Iife|2012-04-03 10:39:13

-Deroid-

It's pretty simple to do, really. My Feca's 100, too. Nox server's first 100 Feca (first week and 3 days of game launch). : )

Leyrio|2012-04-03 09:39:16

Who says my hammer only has 3 range? : ) And for initiative, I can reach ~120 initiative (not including base stats) without sacrificing a drop of damage. I can adjust it to be higher but it would take away a little earth %.

With the correct combination, you can actually do more Fecammers per turn than just 6. Also, with other glyph combos that don't consume a lot of MP, such as Defensive Orb, you should remember that you get stats every single time you walk on your glyphs. Hint hint: take advantage of that fact. I'll let you theorycraft with that. : )
read the explanation above. Glad to see someone still using logic around.
0 0

The only problem is that what you are suggesting is abusing a bug (walking back and forth on glyphs to get multiple bonuses in the same turn is a glitch), and I don't appreciate people that do that.

What I had typed in previously is a LEGITIMATE WAY of being able to deal 1,100 damage reliably each turn, and thinking back on it you could probably boost the number of attacks to 8, but that would be assuming you have Fecammer at 100, Defensive Orb at 50+..

4 Movement Glyphs for 12 MP, which is 16 total MP if you have 4 from +1 MP.
1 Action Glyph for 2 AP, which is 8 total AP if you have no AP at all [and later earth sets don't give it].

That would let you Fecammer 8 times, sadly that only lets you have 3 Range.

If you also did this combination, with 400% Earth Damage you'd be able to do Defensive Orb 8 times and get 1,100 damage, with 5 range; assuming Defensive Orb is Lv 100 and Fecammer is Lv 50.

3 AP Glyphs for 9 AP, yielding 16 AP if you have +1 AP.
2 MP Glyphs for 4 MP, yielding 8 MP if you have + MP as well.

You can't have anymore glyphs out beyond 5 at any one time.. our WP would not allow it even if you were to wear mechanic increasing items- which often don't boost range or damage anyways.

And it's not theorycrafting.. it's hard numbers- skill damage gets boosted by your percentage of damage increase.

0 0
Score : 13934

Some sets do increase your maximum Wakfu by 1 point. I can't imagine they'd be viable. In terms of getting enough earth dmg%... if you can level to 100 in just over a week, it's not hard to believe they'd have multiple earth spells @100.

0 0
Score : 986

I'm pretty sure with use of an eni you could get quite a few glyphs out... as this is referring to solo damage it's a moot point but a very interesting thing to consider.

Edit: quite a few glyphs past the normal 5 max that is.

0 0

Yawn.

Example video of my Feca's damage output: Click here

In the video, you'll see that my Feca does over 1.1k damage a turn, and that's not considering the crits I did.

I leveled my spells equally, so I have several spell/glyph combos. I have a Defensive Orb with crit glyph combination, multi-Fecabo spam combination, etc. I'm currently working on an Action glyph + Feca Staff combo with Teleportation spamming to ensure line of sight (think: wannabe Xelor).

It's all about finding the perfect glyph/stats/equip combinations to maximize the Feca's damage output per turn. However, do realize that we are a support class in the end; don't be selfish with your glyphs in team play. smile

Open your mind to the possibilities and you'll realize how wonderful the Feca class is, in terms of variety and options.

Be creative.

Btw, notice I am using a Maka Wand in the video (leveling it for a friend), because that's how much I care about damage numbers; I don't care. It's the glyph combinations that are fun to me.

feel free to pm me for a duel to show me the dmg.

Sure. I'm in a team, registered for the upcoming PEG 2v2 PVP tournament. You should sign up. I'm looking forward to a challenge.

Click here
0 0
Score : 308

Wait, did u just get 16mp?
Nice.

0 0
Score : 177

Dang man that video was some insane stuff. Right now I'm leveling a feca which is definitely by far my favorite class, and I do feel they are very strong if used correctly. My question is what kind of stats did you use for that sick ass damage. So far I have decided on +1 range, which would leave me with 420 more points. I am considering do 140 str and 140 hp. I can tell you are secretive(black box), but does that sound like a legit way to spend points?

0 0
Score : 4476

Well duh. Feca is practically omnipotent. And this is JUST with the earth branch. Complain all you want about Cra's but if you use an Earth Feca, be prepared for a nerf once the devs get past the Cra hype and remove head from ass. The class is just as good as any Cra. It just takes a little more thought process to setup.

0 0
Score : 2636
Orphiant|2012-04-04 17:33:37
Well duh. Feca is practically omnipotent. And this is JUST with the earth branch. Complain all you want about Cra's but if you use an Earth Feca, be prepared for a nerf once the devs get past the Cra hype and remove head from ass. The class is just as good as any Cra. It just takes a little more thought process to setup.
feca is very strong, but dont go overboard. with all of our versatility we dont compare to the single turn burst damage and kiting of a cra [ in pvp ]

our earth branch can do good dmg output, but only after 1 turn of setup,if we don't get removed from their glyphs by various skills.

i think a big reason some people might see feca as OP/omnipotent is because all of our glyphs are bugged and basically give double bonuses. lol [paid beta] 
0 0

As a support, Fecas are...completely OP in this regard. The stats they are able to readily give to an ally makes any class imbalanced.

Feed AP to an Ecaflip, and suddenly the Ecaflip becomes a living bazooka cannon. It removes their randomness and unpredictability because the Eca can do upwards 1200+ damage in one attack without using Double or Quits. Fecas remove the Eca's limiter and they become godlike.

Feed stats to a Cra and, well, you know what happens. The game self-implodes.

The way Fecas synergize with other classes in a team is overwhelming. However, by themselves, Fecas are fine. Supporting yourself with glyphs is powerful but not imbalanced. The limitations keep the Feca in check while solo.

Has anyone read Claymore? It's like the sisters Alicia and Beth (#1 and #2) from Claymore. Beth supports Alicia by holding her soul, so Alicia can fully awaken and go on a rampage. That's how it is for a Feca with an ally. : )

0 0
Respond to this thread