FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Earth Feca...and other element trees?

By FerrousBinkie February 22, 2012, 17:37:58

Greetings!

Long time fan, first time post. Anyways, right before the sad end of the beta last night I made a Feca and loved every single minute of it. As I did a little research on them before hand, I went earth build because it sounded pretty awesome. Turns out it was and everything is gravy, but just a quick question. I was looking at some of the other skill trees and saw some skills that might be useful.

I'm still going pure Str, but would it be helpful still to max some of the skills in the other trees to use along side pure earth build? Might seem like a dumb question but... then again, I'm pretty sure someone else had the same question too :p.

Thanks in advance!

0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 2771

Honestly all of the trees, and support skills are really good. Hybriding is pretty nice too, if you are going to have a long fight. It's really up to you. Just keep in mind you can only have one armor cast on yourself, but you can enjoy the effects of multiple glyphs, and with fire you can cast debuff armors on your enemy.

So a hybrid could have a water, earth, or peace armor buff, water and earth glyphs on him, and a fire glyph/ fire armor debuff on a target at the same time.

Personally I would just decide what type of feca I would like to be the most and focus on one tree.

0 0
Score : 381

Interesting thought. Hadn't really considered it. Thanks! You've 'blown my mind' a bit.. I have to go and think about this now Lol. Thanks for the info smile 

0 0
Score : 148

wekk i had an earth feca, and i was focusing on blades armor, LOVE it, ends up doing lots of dmg if u buff 3 ppl for a run, also i was lvling meteor to place the armor in enemies..

simple loved it

0 0
Score : 1644
FerrousBinkie|2012-02-22 17:37:58
Greetings!

Long time fan, first time post. Anyways, right before the sad end of the beta last night I made a Feca and loved every single minute of it. As I did a little research on them before hand, I went earth build because it sounded pretty awesome. Turns out it was and everything is gravy, but just a quick question. I was looking at some of the other skill trees and saw some skills that might be useful.

I'm still going pure Str, but would it be helpful still to max some of the skills in the other trees to use along side pure earth build? Might seem like a dumb question but... then again, I'm pretty sure someone else had the same question too :p.

Thanks in advance!

If you're already planning on going Earth Feca, you should really just stick to Earth spells exclusively. Dipping into the other trees would be a waste of effort since your damage will be compromised in the other trees. Your stats and gear are going toward Earth damage, so unfortunately the best method is to limit yourself to Earth only.

It does work the other way around, though. Water and Fire Fecas can afford to dip into Earth spells because they're not using the Earth spells for their damage; they can get the Earth spells for their utility in glyphs. It doesn't matter how much Earth damage you do; a Water/Fire Feca can get great mileage from AP and range glyphs.

The only skill you might possibly want to level from a different tree is Meteorite. It's incredibly good vs Srams.

How to win vs Sram: get higher initiative than the Sram and start first. Put Meteorite armor on the Sram. Proceed to watch the Sram pop out of invisibility every turn. Enjoy your Sram meal. : )
0 0
Score : 765
Iife|2012-02-25 12:49:19
FerrousBinkie|2012-02-22 17:37:58
Greetings!

Thanks in advance!

If you're already planning on going Earth Feca, you should really just stick to Earth spells exclusively. Dipping into the other trees would be a waste of effort since your damage will be compromised in the other trees. Your stats and gear are going toward Earth damage, so unfortunately the best method is to limit yourself to Earth only.

It does work the other way around, though. Water and Fire Fecas can afford to dip into Earth spells because they're not using the Earth spells for their damage; they can get the Earth spells for their utility in glyphs. It doesn't matter how much Earth damage you do; a Water/Fire Feca can get great mileage from AP and range glyphs.

The only skill you might possibly want to level from a different tree is Meteorite. It's incredibly good vs Srams.

How to win vs Sram: get higher initiative than the Sram and start first. Put Meteorite armor on the Sram. Proceed to watch the Sram pop out of invisibility every turn. Enjoy your Sram meal. : )

This is why I called you out in that other thread. You give bad advice. I respect you for trying to help, but a lot your advice is just unrealistic.

Why would a earth Feca not get water skills? All your observations are based upon the exploit. Therefore not valid because you're assuming what it'll be like at lower levels.
You need them all at least level 10 for the resistance glyphs. Most your damage comes from the armours as of right now as a earth feca. That means the amount of plates add more damage then the levels.

At level 63 I had defensive orb level 58+ earth skills level 30-40+ all my water skills level 20+ and all my fire skills level 25+ As you level all the skills in other trees you gain resistances for those elements.

Fire Fecas can afford to rely on Peace Armour late game for their resistances. However, Earth Feca's rely are their raw resistances. Which is why water glyphs are necessary.

I had very high resistances in every tree that allowed me to laugh at the damage I received.
Tree set is also the best resistance set in the game at the moment.

At the level 100 exploits with level 100 skill opponents, this didn't matter at all really because everyone's high damage and low HP were enough to kill opponents fast enough anyways.

However, played without exploits these skills are highly valuable.
0 0
Synsane|2012-02-25 18:10:47

This is why I called you out in that other thread. You give bad advice. I respect you for trying to help, but a lot your advice is just unrealistic.

Why would a earth Feca not get water skills? All your observations are based upon the exploit. Therefore not valid because you're assuming what it'll be like at lower levels.
You need them all at least level 10 for the resistance glyphs. Most your damage comes from the armours as of right now as a earth feca. That means the amount of plates add more damage then the levels.

At level 63 I had defensive orb level 58+ earth skills level 30-40+ all my water skills level 20+ and all my fire skills level 25+ As you level all the skills in other trees you gain resistances for those elements.

Fire Fecas can afford to rely on Peace Armour late game for their resistances. However, Earth Feca's rely are their raw resistances. Which is why water glyphs are necessary.

I had very high resistances in every tree that allowed me to laugh at the damage I received.

At the level 100 exploits with level 100 skill opponents, this didn't matter at all really because everyone's high damage and low HP were enough to kill opponents fast enough anyways.

So, because this is your post, suddenly it is 100% correct over all other opinions? I think instead of criticizing others 24/7, you need to examine your own pompous a ss for a minute. It's easy to judge others, and yet you forget you're hypocritically doing the same exact thing. It's okay to disagree. Following a member around the forum and making personal insults to them in every thread is a whole different story.

When one's main spell is in the 60's and others are in the 10's and 20's, I don't consider that as "leveling all spells equally". That's normal, actually. If you were level 60 and, say, you had all level 25 earth, water, and fire spells...then I'm going to consider that as failing the spell exp system and diluting your spells too much.

The reason why I'm not advising a pure Earth Feca (investing in all Strength, and Earth % Damage equipment) to dilute spell exp into other trees like water, is because it's not viable at higher levels to rely on weak spells. Water glyphs do not help you at all at Riktus, for example; trust me I know. When it comes to team play at higher level dungeons and such, it's important that the Feca uses his strongest abilities to contribute to the team (instead of being carried by other players). The earth tree has so much utility in itself that earth Fecas can afford to focus solely on earth spells and do just fine. He will also have much, much stronger damage, survivability, and utility overall if all those 30-40 levels in your fire/water skills suggestion were concentrated all into earth.

Also in PVP, if he's set on being an earth Feca, he shouldn't spend his glyphs on weak water spells during the match. That extra resistance is useless in pvp, when players can simply knock you off the glyphs, or wait from a distance until your glyphs all break. It's too limiting in gameplay. Instead of having level 30-40 water and fire spells, imagine if all those levels were concentrated into Earth. He would have 1) much higher damage, 2) much higher survivability (retaliation from armors would be stronger), and 3) much more utility with his high level earth glyphs.

I'm here to help and inform the Feca community. When I see bad advice, I'm going to let you know that it's bad advice, so other people will understand that there are other options instead of following the posts of that one individual. Unfortunately, the current spell exp system is re tarded as hell, and it greatly rewards players for sticking to one individual tree. I agree that the spell exp system is bad. What I DON'T agree with, is giving people bad advice and telling them to fail the system by diluting their spell exp and advising them to try and level 15 different spells at the same time.
0 0
Iife|2012-02-25 19:11:41

So, because this is your post, suddenly it is 100% correct over all other opinions? I think instead of criticizing others 24/7, you need to examine your own pompous a ss for a minute. It's easy to judge others, and yet you forget you're hypocritically doing the same exact thing. It's okay to disagree. Following a member around the forum and making personal insults to them in every thread is a whole different story.

When one's main spell is in the 60's and others are in the 10's and 20's, I don't consider that as "leveling all spells equally". That's normal, actually. If you were level 60 and, say, you had all level 25 earth, water, and fire spells...then I'm going to consider that as failing the spell exp system and diluting your spells too much.

The reason why I'm not advising a pure Earth Feca (investing in all Strength, and Earth % Damage equipment) to dilute spell exp into other trees like water, is because it's not viable at higher levels to rely on weak spells. Water glyphs do not help you at all at Riktus, for example; trust me I know. When it comes to team play at higher level dungeons and such, it's important that the Feca uses his strongest abilities to contribute to the team (instead of being carried by other players). The earth tree has so much utility in itself that earth Fecas can afford to focus solely on earth spells and do just fine. He will also have much, much stronger damage, survivability, and utility overall if all those 30-40 levels in your fire/water skills suggestion were concentrated all into earth.

Also in PVP, if he's set on being an earth Feca, he shouldn't spend his glyphs on weak water spells during the match. That extra resistance is useless in pvp, when players can simply knock you off the glyphs, or wait from a distance until your glyphs all break. It's too limiting in gameplay. Instead of having level 30-40 water and fire spells, imagine if all those levels were concentrated into Earth. He would have 1) much higher damage, 2) much higher survivability (retaliation from armors would be stronger), and 3) much more utility with his high level earth glyphs.

I'm here to help and inform the Feca community. When I see bad advice, I'm going to let you know that it's bad advice, so other people will understand that there are other options instead of following the posts of that one individual. Unfortunately, the current spell exp system is re tarded as hell, and it greatly rewards players for sticking to one individual tree. I agree that the spell exp system is bad. What I DON'T agree with, is giving people bad advice and telling them to fail the system by diluting their spell exp and advising them to try and level 15 different spells at the same time.

Don't flatter yourself. I've only replied to you because you've posted into every single thread in this forum and a lot of the time talking like you know it all from exploits.

See what I didn't tell you is what all my skills were exactly. I only told you the lowest levels plus.

Fact you can say that the water glyphs are useless high level, btw high level meaning level 50+ before exploits; I know you never tested it out yourself, and are full of it.

Also you continue to speak only from PVP experience. Cross formation 4 water glyphs at level 10 potentially can put you 300-400% resist.
From my testing with 3 glyphs I had 300% resistance of my choice at level 20+
By the way at level 60 the skills spread pretty nicely. I got my defensive orb up to level 58 as I was level 60 when I already had all my skills spread apart.
So yes you can master that one skill and spread all your skills apart. The amount of exp for one skill level adds up, but the damage plus for each level is what you must pay attention to.

You feel like you're being attacked is because we see that you're talking not from experience grinding and pvping and playing Feca ground up, but from exploits.

Yes the game play is much different from skill levels 100 to level 60.

I know that spreading my skills around made me much stronger then other Feca's in the game.

I know that I took such low damage in PVP that I wouldn't ever need peace shield. Yes big difference from damage you take from players with level 100 skills.

So could you try to lower your know it all attitude because you don't.
It annoys me, and probably other Feca's because you're spreading a lot untested information you believe to be right.

You're killing my competition in game before its even back up. Especially since the armour nerf is coming.

What was your Feca's name again?
0 0
Score : 1120
Synsane|2012-02-26 06:23:19
Iife|2012-02-25 19:11:41

Don't flatter yourself. I've only replied to you because you've posted into every single thread in this forum and a lot of the time talking like you know it all from exploits.

See what I didn't tell you is what all my skills were exactly. I only told you the lowest levels plus.

Fact you can say that the water glyphs are useless high level, btw high level meaning level 50+ before exploits; I know you never tested it out yourself, and are full of it.

Also you continue to speak only from PVP experience. Cross formation 4 water glyphs at level 10 potentially can put you 300-400% resist.
By the way at level 60 the skills spread pretty nicely. I got my defensive orb up to level 58 as I was level 60 when I already had all my skills spread apart.
So yes you can master that one skill and spread all your skills apart. The amount of exp for one skill level adds up, but the damage plus for each level is what you must pay attention to.

You feel like you're being attacked is because we see that you're talking not from experience grinding and pvping and playing Feca ground up, but from exploits.

Yes the game play is much different from skill levels 100 to level 60.

I know that spreading my skills around made me much stronger then other Feca's in the game.

I know that I took such low damage in PVP that I wouldn't ever need peace shield. Yes big difference from damage you take from players with level 100 skills.

So could you try to lower your know it all attitude because you don't.
It annoys me, and probably other Feca's because you're spreading a lot untested information you believe to be right.

You're killing my competition in game before its even back up. Especially since the armour nerf is coming.

What was your Feca's name again?
this.
0 0

I stated that water glyphs do nothing for you at Riktus (one of the best places to grind, late game, currently). Tell me how you plan to use water glyphs when there are multiple element spells being used on you, not to mention the Magik Riktus pushing you around the map with their knockback attack. You're going to need to be able to handle Riktus if you plan on leveling from 60+. This player clearly stated that he was going full Strength, with full Earth damage % equipment. I'm simply giving him the best advice for his build, unlike your off topic banter.

What is the problem with sharing information about my PVP experience? You think this is a PvE-only forum? If I happen to have relevant knowledge about how to handle yourself against players, I'm going to share it to Feca players. This is just as much of a PVP game than a PvE one due to the prevalence of open world PVP.

You seem to be expending a lot of your energy antagonizing others instead of simply answering the original post's question and helping them out. Chill the hell out. You're giving everyone the impression of being a pompous a ss the more you try to "prove me wrong". You may perceive my posts as "know-it-all" but in the end, my posts are simply trying to be helpful to others. Your posts, on the other hand, are riddled with off-topic personal insults. You think my posts are "know-it-all" but you present your arguments as if they are 100% correct and everyone else's opinions are 100% wrong. You are guilty of the same thing, if you didn't realize it yet, silly child.

Oi, the maturity on these forums. rolleyes 
0 0
Iife|2012-02-26 11:02:41

I stated that water glyphs do nothing for you at Riktus (one of the best places to grind, late game, currently). Tell me how you plan to use water glyphs when there are multiple element spells being used on you, not to mention the Magik Riktus pushing you around the map with their knockback attack. You're going to need to be able to handle Riktus if you plan on leveling from 60+. This player clearly stated that he was going full Strength, with full Earth damage % equipment. I'm simply giving him the best advice for his build, unlike your off topic banter.

What is the problem with sharing information about my PVP experience? You think this is a PvE-only forum? If I happen to have relevant knowledge about how to handle yourself against players, I'm going to share it to Feca players. This is just as much of a PVP game than a PvE one due to the prevalence of open world PVP.

You seem to be expending a lot of your energy antagonizing others instead of simply answering the original post's question and helping them out. Chill the hell out. You're giving everyone the impression of being a pompous a ss the more you try to "prove me wrong". You may perceive my posts as "know-it-all" but in the end, my posts are simply trying to be helpful to others. Your posts, on the other hand, are riddled with off-topic personal insults. You think my posts are "know-it-all" but you present your arguments as if they are 100% correct and everyone else's opinions are 100% wrong. You are guilty of the same thing, if you didn't realize it yet, silly child.

Oi, the maturity on these forums. rolleyes
You don't have any proper PVP experience. That's why. At 100/100 it was all about init. In 5 v 5s it was about init and armouring everyone first.
PVP was broken.

Riktus? I didn't waste my time at Riktus. This is a tactical game. You change for different areas. That was their goal. I was told by a Test Server player before the patch came that they're trying to make Feca Glyphs and armours work so players are like, "Oh this is a perfect time to use this and this", "Oh this is a perfect time to use this", in different situations.

Thats why you must spread out a bit, then choose your favorites. However ready for anything.
See I got way more exp at Snaptrap and Scara and much faster then the players grinding at Riktus because of defensive orb. At the boss I had to lay down water glyphs so my teammates could be bombs vs the Bosses AoE so we could continue again right away.

We beat the dungeon about every 10 minutes or less at 80-150k a room. Also, for PVP fighting a sram. A fire glyph like natural attack is your best friend. Back to the wall so you're forcing side attacks, with water glyph on to lower the damage and the fire glyph kills the doubles before they can get to you.

Thats how I delt with every sram before the patch. I only ever lost to two srams. My resistance was the reason why other players feared me.

Now I hope you see the value in the information I just shared. Opening poster and other Feca's as well.
I want other Feca's to be as strong and feared. I always did, but they always sucked. Don't ruin it when the class has gotten so much easier.
0 0
Respond to this thread