Plate Protection: 10 [Level 12]

Peace Armor: 9 [Level 31]

Glyph or Armor: 3 [Level 34]

Plate Protection: 20 [Level 44]

Glyph or Armor: 9 [Level 60]

Spell Rebound: 20 [Level 80]

Feca Master: 20 [Level 100]

----------------------------------------
Plate Protection to 10 from the start is great, I have already tested this. 20% chance of adding a plate instead of one being taken away.

Max Peace Armor for the immediate damage reduction; the plates don't stack up fast with it, but it will be a good addition with the other skills for this build.

Glyph or Armor to 3, just for some additional plates and to have it cost less AP.

Max Plate Protection to increase the odds of staying in my Peace Armor and not taking a nuclear blast from it breaking; at all if possible.

Max Glyph or Armor for plates and to eliminate the AP cost.

Max Spell Rebound, because I love the spell, and it is just another good "Tanking" ability to have.

Max Feca Master, for more versatility...and of course...plates ^^

-------------------

Please provide me with your thoughts.

I have been playing each class, under a multitude of builds, for the past 2+ months, and am trying to pick between this one and an Earth Pandawa for live.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread.

`Kurimja`
Cardioes

0 0
Reactions 19
Score : 1644

Very solid and viable build. It's pretty much the traditional tank build. None of the other builds are tanks; earth and water can be tanky but not really. (Earth feca retaliates with damage but doesn't mitigate the damage received. Water feca has immense mitigation but they must stand in one place the entire time for that)

If you're set on playing as a straight up tank, this build is perfect for that.

1 0
Score : 1296
Iife|2012-02-20 07:36:57
Very solid and viable build. It's pretty much the traditional tank build. None of the other builds are tanks; earth and water can be tanky but not really. (Earth feca retaliates with damage but doesn't mitigate the damage received. Water feca has immense mitigation but they must stand in one place the entire time for that)

If you're set on playing as a straight up tank, this build is perfect for that.

Thank you.

I've been testing this recently, using a combo of Crashing Wave + Fecahammer; though I haven't been utilizing glyphs much, due to the amount of skill points I'm pumping in other skills at the moment.

I hate that I can not cast Crashing wave on myself while in Peace Armor, but other than that it is working out great.

I will primarily be partied with my wife, when I am not soloing. She will probably be an Air Iop or an Earth Cra.
0 0
Score : 170

that sounds pretty cool actually

0 0
Score : 1716

@OP: So what are you putting points into, stat wise?

0 0
Jinouga|2012-02-21 02:44:06
@OP: So what are you putting points into, stat wise?

I've ran this build to 30, twice, in the past few days.

Once with all HP, and another with points into Chance/Strength.

The added Damage from the later build was nice, however more health for the earlier levels (when Peace Armor does indeed break) seemed to be the better route.

If block had a higher % to proc, or didn't cost so much, I would consider it, simply to try and cover all tanking angles.

venuse8102|2012-02-21 02:10:22
that sounds pretty cool actually

Thank you =).

It works out very well.

I've played every class now, and no spell really compares to "Crashing Wave"; in my opinion, at least. It may take 1 move, however, with a range of 1-5, aoe and no friendly fire, it is one of the best skills available. Whether surrounded, or with an enemy far away, I can always hit something with my crashing wave.

And now that Fecahammer only costs 1AP, it is a good follow up to use on the same mob, or another one in range.
0 0
Score : 1716

They need more aoe spells that don't have friendly fire. Crashing Wave & Light Speed(Sac) are the only 2 aoe spells I can think of, that don't have friendly fire.

0 0

I've been playing around with Peace Armor (AWESOME looking skill, by the way. It transforms you into an armored Power Ranger with a rainbow halo above your head),

I've found that you don't need Plate Protection to make excellent use out of Peace Armor. You start off with 26 charges of Peace Armor, which is way more than enough to last a fight. Maximizing GoA and Feca Master first seems to be much better than investing 20 skill levels into Plate Protection.

0 0
Score : 1323

Peace Armor plates reflect total plates given from Armor or Glyph / Feca Master? I thought you only get 6 plates of Peace Armor at max.

0 0
youLuzer|2012-02-22 01:06:55
Peace Armor plates reflect total plates given from Armor or Glyph / Feca Master? I thought you only get 6 plates of Peace Armor at max.

Nope, they stack

Iife|2012-02-22 00:11:03
I've been playing around with Peace Armor (AWESOME looking skill, by the way. It transforms you into an armored Power Ranger with a rainbow halo above your head),

I've found that you don't need Plate Protection to make excellent use out of Peace Armor. You start off with 26 charges of Peace Armor, which is way more than enough to last a fight. Maximizing GoA and Feca Master first seems to be much better than investing 20 skill levels into Plate Protection.

Because of the way levels slow down, and the fact that I never use glyphs with this build, I've found that getting plate protection early is very helpful. I tested this normally to around level 40, then with a maxed out feca (due to the current glitch), and am pleased with it. Sometimes if you get 3+ mobs hitting you, and the fact that you lose 1 armor per turn, then having a lot to start with doesn't help.

However, when three hit me, and 2/3 or 1/3 replaces an armor EVERY turn, it helps out a lot. My peace armor never runs out.
0 0

But it never runs out anyway. 26 plates? That's 26 turns before counting damage received.

With damage being taken, that's still like 20 turns of peace armor in effect. If you can't win the match within 20 turns, something is wrong, lol.

Plate protection is good for early levels, before you've maximized GoA and Feca Master. I can see it being useful then, but once you get 20 plates/charges on everything, it almost becomes obsolete. After experimenting with various skill builds, I still don't see much of a reason to invest 20 skill points into plate protection.

0 0
Score : 904
Iife|2012-02-22 07:38:11
But it never runs out anyway. 26 plates? That's 26 turns before counting damage received.

With damage being taken, that's still like 20 turns of peace armor in effect. If you can't win the match within 20 turns, something is wrong, lol.

Plate protection is good for early levels, before you've maximized GoA and Feca Master. I can see it being useful then, but once you get 20 plates/charges on everything, it almost becomes obsolete. After experimenting with various skill builds, I still don't see much of a reason to invest 20 skill points into plate protection.

Plate Protection is a necessity at any level. If you're playing as tank, chances are that you'll be taking more than one hit per turn. In addition to already losing one plate per turn by default, this makes the armor surprisingly short lived even with the maximum number of charges. What Plate Protection does is not only negate the plate deduction per hit, also gives back a plate. This is immensely useful if you have 2-3 enemies hitting you 6 times a turn. What's more, you cannot recharge the armor before it breaks so you'll be taking all that stored damage if you're unable to replenish the plates via Plate Protection. A tank is only as good as the number of turns he lasts, so what good are you as a tank if you can't handle a few enemies for more than a few turns?

Anyway, good job on the guide OP. I never would have thought of it myself. I do have some suggestions of my own though.

On the support side, instead of going for max Peace Armor after level 10 Plate Protection, it might be better to opt for 4 in Feca Mastery for the + mechanics, the reason being that you can't recharge your own peace armor so you might as well use that extra WP to support your party members.

As for stats, I suggest getting 1MP either through stats or equipment so that you can Fecammer twice and Fecabo once per turn (the total damage of this combo is around 130 with both skills maxed) and also use Defensive Orb more freely. Not only are these skills powerful, they provide some of the best Armors and glyphs that you can support your team members with. Additionally, by focusing in earth alone, your damage will be high enough to supplement your tanking.

Investment in the Lock stat might be wise as well. Since you're a tank, you'll want to take hits from problematic enemies AND keep them from reaching your allies. The 1MP investment I mentioned earlier synergizes well with the the lock stat as it helps you reach enemies that require locking.
0 0
Score : 134

I did something similar to this (lvl 56) (at level 100-yay dupe testing- its our best build no doubt about it)

It's generally weaker for leveling and groups until around level 35+, whereas ironclad is a much faster and simpler tank build (that also opens up earth feca armors) but after 45+ its vastly superior.

I originally went water only, but after maxing everything to 100 I intend to just level crashing wave + fecastopholes(for glyph)- its fairly limited early on but are our two best damage spells that still open up peace armor (indirect and direct)

As for skills.... early hp is a must, I feel you can get mp through gear later in the game- its mostly for earth anyway- which doesnt work as well with peace armor. I personally don't intend to get in complete melee for lock (I intend to mostly pvp... im not standing close to fire glyphs lol)- so I'm actually looking into block vs hp vs just resistances right now.

0 0

I find earth to be a nice compliment to Peace Armor builds due to the supporting nature of the glyphs. Once you lock an enemy, you can cast Defensive Orb or Fecammer glyphs around yourself and really do some damage. If you want to play as a defensive turret of sorts, you can cast Fecabo glyph and snipe enemies.

Water would also work but the extra resistance you gain from ranking those skills is very small for the amount of effort you need to put in to rank the skills.

0 0

After further testing with a level 100 Feca, I can confidently state that the original post's Peace Armor build is lackluster.

Waiting until level 100 to get Feca Master is a no-no. No maximum GoA until level 80 is a no-no. These are the specialties that will carry you up to level 100 and beyond. They amplify your damage, survivability, utility, everything. There is simply no reason to delay getting these skills until you're level 100, unless your goal is to gimp yourself and somehow think that's more satisfying to play than to be efficient.

So, 7/10 for creativity but it just doesn't work in practice. If you really love Peace Armor, I'd suggest going GoA 9, Feca Master 20, then Peace Armor 9.

RunawayLoveTrain|2012-02-22 09:32:28
immensely useful if you have 2-3 enemies hitting you 6 times a turn.

If you are surrounded by enemies and they're hitting you 6 times a turn, I'm going to have to question your sanity and ask why you're not using an earth armor to kill off the b astards in the process, instead of wasting points in Plate Protection and using Peace Armor incorrectly.

Peace Armor is used for burst damage mitigation - not for sustained damage. You put on Peace Armor when you know a Sacrier is about to cast Light Speed on you, or when that Celestial Gobball is about to eat you alive, etc.

The best time to use Peace Armor is not at level 12; it's at later levels when you have a higher HP pool, and that 60% reduction actually becomes useful. Level ~60 is the optimal time to have Peace Armor. That level also coincides with when you have finished maximizing GoA and Feca Master. It just simply makes more sense to get Peace Armor as your 3rd or 4th specialty instead of your 1st.
2 0
Score : 1120

shut up life you know it all.

0 -1
Iife|2012-02-22 20:50:58
If you are surrounded by enemies and they're hitting you 6 times a turn, I'm going to have to question your sanity and ask why you're not using an earth armor to kill off the b astards in the process, instead of wasting points in Plate Protection and using Peace Armor incorrectly.

Peace Armor is used for burst damage mitigation - not for sustained damage. You put on Peace Armor when you know a Sacrier is about to cast Light Speed on you, or when that Celestial Gobball is about to eat you alive, etc.

The best time to use Peace Armor is not at level 12; it's at later levels when you have a higher HP pool, and that 60% reduction actually becomes useful. Level ~60 is the optimal time to have Peace Armor. That level also coincides with when you have finished maximizing GoA and Feca Master. It just simply makes more sense to get Peace Armor as your 3rd or 4th specialty instead of your 1st.

It really depends on the enemy and the situation. Certain enemies hit very little many times, and others hit big one time. The issue is whether you can predict enemy AI well enough. And I agree that earth armor would be a better choice (cause they're pretty darn OP right now) than Peace Armor in that situation, but my quote was made under the assumption that you're specializing in peace armor. Anyway just theorycrafting, no need to question anyone's sanity.
0 0

I'm just trying to help Feca players here by pointing out when a bad build is bad. And in this case, the build is bad for waiting until level 100 before getting Feca Master and GoA. :|

Get Peace Armor after you've maximized GoA and Feca Master, and maybe Spell Rebound, whatever. You'll be ~level 60 when you've maxed Peace Armor. Perfect timing. Useless at level 12. Broken later on.

0 0
Score : 765
Iife|2012-02-25 04:57:25
I'm just trying to help Feca players here by pointing out when a bad build is bad. And in this case, the build is bad for waiting until level 100 before getting Feca Master and GoA. :|

Get Peace Armor after you've maximized GoA and Feca Master, and maybe Spell Rebound, whatever. You'll be ~level 60 when you've maxed Peace Armor. Perfect timing. Useless at level 12. Broken later on.

Honestly. After reading your posts I really don't believe you actually leveled up a Feca.
Sounds to me you just exploited to level 100, did some PVP, and now speak like you know it all.

What was your In-Game name? I hunted for high level Feca's while playing, and I rolled Feca 1 week into the Open Beta and stuck with.
1 0
Synsane|2012-02-25 11:24:28
Iife|2012-02-25 04:57:25

Honestly. After reading your posts I really don't believe you actually leveled up a Feca.
Sounds to me you just exploited to level 100, did some PVP, and now speak like you know it all.

What was your In-Game name? I hunted for high level Feca's while playing, and I rolled Feca 1 week into the Open Beta and stuck with.

Honestly? You're kind of creepy. The way you stalk my forum posts and attempt to make personal jabs at me in public forum. Chill. The. Hell. Out. : ) If you have issues, try sending a PM? Stop polluting people's threads with off topic c rap.

Anyway, staying on topic with this thread: There are better ways to fit Peace Armor in builds. I personally don't see there being a "Peace Armor Build". There's really no such thing, because all types of Fecas can use Peace Armor to its potential. It's a specialty skill. It's meant to be used by Water Fecas, Fire Fecas, and Earth Fecas alike.
0 0
Respond to this thread