FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Feca Tank

By Leyrio - MEMBER - January 28, 2012, 08:45:54

A lot of people seem to think the only way to play Feca is to abuse an armor glitch, or to use Fecastopheles and glyphs- this is simply not the case. There is a viable build that I have been saving up to this point to help put some of the Feca's strong points to the forefront- you won't do as much damage as a Sram, or tank as well as a Sacrier (maybe), but you will be an invaluable team member.

THE BUILD

My build is this; Forsake the glyphs, get the resists! We're going tanking!

Attributes :: Pure HP
Specialty :: Intimidation Aura, Ironclad, Spell Rebound (In that order)
Spells :: Crashing Wave (or whatever you choose, I just prefer this for tanking)

You might be asking yourself.. Adamant (or The Rock, those are both my Feca names).. why just pure HP? Why Intimidation Aura first? Why no spell damage? The answer is very simple..

Crashing Wave has the ability to be casted on your cell, shooting out a 2x3 attack centered on the direction you're facing. If solo'ing this allows you to hit three mobs at once if they are melee'ing you from all sides.

In simpler terms- if casted on yourself, Crashing Wave hits both your sides and your front, but not your back. It is the ideal tank spell.

Intimidation Aura reduces the resistances of all enemies in your lock zone, your lock zone is all four cardinal directions around you- aka your front, your sides, and your back. This essentially adds another 40% to your damage altogether.

IronClad boosts your overall resistances by 40%, this is the equivalent of taking away 40% damage bonus from enemies.. and resist gear improves it.

Spell Rebound has a chance to reflect spells in combat- this can deter you from taking a hit altogether.

This all adds up very quickly...

EQUIPMENT

At level 15 I believe there is a bow called the 'Plassy Bow', it is great for those things that like to run, but lets face it, the max range is only one tile more than your Crashing Wave spell.. and the REAL benefit is the +2 water spell levels and the +water damage. Tofu armor will help your MP and damage slightly (if you decide to go water like myself).

Around level 25 you'll have access to gear and weaponry that will further boost your damage to great heights- for those choosing my crashing wave spell route- this is Puddly and Kapow armor. My weapon of choice for this level range is the Buzzard Bow, which has a max range of 7 and further increases water damage, but honestly it is interchangeable with the Plassy Bow.

At level 30, you better hold on to your pants because this build is off the ground and tearing through mobs so hard you will cry 'nerf me, I'm so OP!'. There are so many armor sets in the mid 30s that boost elemental damage you'll have fun piecing them together, but if you're going water like I have.. then here is the IDEAL water damage setup that you want;

The Kapow Ring, Belt and Boots
The Puddly Ring, Chest and Amulet
The Royal Gobball Shoulders, Cape and Helmet
The Truffle Shovel.. yes the truffle shovel!.. but hold on to that Buzzard Bow too.

Combined with CP bonuses, you should have upwards of 115% water damage with 570ish HP, and if you have leveled nothing but Crashing Wave.. well.. I deal 65 damage when enemies are NOT in my Intimidation Aura.

At level 35 .. if you can manage to get them- the Astro and the Scarecrow Mask will further pump your Water Damage to incredible heights.

IN CLOSING

I have only gotten this far in my build due to my not desiring to play much because of the highly likely wipe coming, so if you get farther than I do feel free to post suggestions on sets below, especially for Fire or Earth based Feca.

Also.. it is important to realize that even though you might not be the best at any one thing, you have a great area effect spell that has decent range, and the ability to reduce resists and tank while doing so- this means you can help out your entire party by boosting THEIR damage capability and keep them safe from mobs.

I would absolutely love any feedback from other Feca players on my build, at 60+ views I was hoping at least one person would have posted already!

0 0
Reactions 20
Score : 467

good info : D
-thnx

0 0
Score : 435
Leyrio|2012-01-28 08:45:54
Crashing Wave has the ability to be casted on your cell, shooting out a 2x3 attack centered on the direction you're facing.

Is this right? I started a feca just to experiment and found that when I targeted myself with Crashing Wave it would always effect the area to my lower right, regardless of which direction I was facing.
0 0
Score : 329
Penchant|2012-01-29 14:56:30
Leyrio|2012-01-28 08:45:54
Crashing Wave has the ability to be casted on your cell, shooting out a 2x3 attack centered on the direction you're facing.

Is this right? I started a feca just to experiment and found that when I targeted myself with Crashing Wave it would always effect the area to my lower right, regardless of which direction I was facing.
The tiles that show the target AoE are bugged; whichever way you're facing, when you target yourself, will be the direction of the wave. You can just cast it to confirm. *Thumbs up*

Anywho, this build is what I'm rolling at the moment, and it's working quite well. My only qualms are that it can get a bit boring using the same attack every turn and do nothing else, but put that aside and it's a very effective lifestyle.
1 0
Score : 435
Fizzii|2012-01-29 15:42:28
The tiles that show the target AoE are bugged; whichever way you're facing, when you target yourself, will be the direction of the wave. You can just cast it to confirm. *Thumbs up*

Right you are. That's a better spell than I had realized.
0 0
Score : 323

hm.. wishing I had read this a couple days before. xD

0 0
Score : 102

Oh look, almost the exact build I had in closed beta. Spell rebound is probably still better than Ironclad, by the way. But I do love that Crashing Wave has been buffed in OB.

0 0
Score : 1753

Glad that everyone is loving this build, I'll start tinkering with glyphs sometime and see if I can get something else going.

0 0
Score : 272

I've been doing pretty much the same thing, only I swapped the order I'm getting the spells. I'm doing Spell Rebound, Ironclad, then Intimidation Aura. I'm not sure which way is better, but in the end it'll be the same anyway.

0 0
Score : 1753
Ansalem|2012-01-31 23:14:33
I've been doing pretty much the same thing, only I swapped the order I'm getting the spells. I'm doing Spell Rebound, Ironclad, then Intimidation Aura. I'm not sure which way is better, but in the end it'll be the same anyway.

I always went Intimidation Aura first because it's like a +% damage boost, and if you are in an area that has a lot of melee type enemies like Gobballs this will benefit you greatly- being in Amakna and so close to the Gobball Dungeon I make sure to have this to make grouping that much easier.

If your nation has a lot of ranged attack enemies it would be best to go Spell Rebound or IronClad.. so I suppose whatever fits your situation best! biggrin 
0 0
Score : 193

I'm presently testing this build and it is basic, but works quite well to fit the class.

One correction, however. I recommend completely tossing out Ironclad. It is NOT FINAL RESIST. It is junk, truly.

With that said it does do its intended function. The question is do you care to negate 40% damage bonus on PvE and PvP applications? Is it worthwhile...maybe maybe when you have nothing else to put points into.

However I would stick it out and just dump 5 levels into Feca Master and 20 into Peace Armor. Cycle Peace Armor with Bubble before it bursts. If you do it right.

So that's:
20 into Spell Rebound (I prefer this as it works for ranged and melee mobs)
20 into Intimidation Aura (Priority if you fight melee mobs mostly)

******Hypothetical*******
5 into Feca Master
20 into Peace Armor (Using bubble to cycle it, and assuming its current implementation is not bugged)
Then continue pumping Feca Master.

Spells: Crashing Wave as often as possible & Bubble used very rarely (For picking off mobs and when you are have no LoS and no range or MP to cast Crashing Wave). About 80% Crashing Wave, 8% Weapon, 2% Bubble.

Group Role: AoE Off-Tank, occasional Main Tank.

Positioning is important as it impacts AI of mobs and your ability to actually hit anyone in PvP.

Notes:

-Would need level 66 and about 8 AP ideally to cycle the armors in one turn and attack, but less AP can work. 4 MP is ideal and obtainable rather easily at that level with Crocbur Sword. 8 AP is, however, a payneindabut. Without dumping points into AP (I do not recommend this with the HP increasing returns being so good). Plus I rather like having a Bow, so the sword is problematic. 8 AP is also nice if you have an Xelor for 2 Crashing Waves (10 AP, 4 MP needed).

-I'm sticking with the build, despite release coming. Its interesting and makes a Tank AoE Feca viable. Also it sure as hell beats the trash that Pandas currently are.

Just don't think Ironclad is good right now. Peace Armor if its working, still can't tell if its bugged, seems to be better.

Cheers Sea-San (Soju)

-I'll test Peace Armor tomorrow. Right now I just can't tell if its actually working. I don't get damage upon destruction and I'm not sure that it is reducing damage either.

Update: My previous testing of Peace Armor had it giving me NO damage upon cycling, however after server maintenance today I'm seeing it function as intended, I received damage. Poor there goes that theory. Sad *and ashamed* to say it, but Ironclad is all that is good after this point, with the sole exception of leveling Teleport and setting up a glyph in beginning so you can kite/return to safety etc...
0 0
Score : 925

Or you know...you can roll a Sac.

Just saiyan

0 0
Score : 193

Well I got a little overzealous there, but the class is fun to tank with using this build. And you can kill mobs with AoE from afar, with the double cast abuse too!

I just haven't worked out the synergy with other Feca abilities yet.

0 0
Score : 1121

Lol. Fecas are at the moment best class in the game behind srams. Can beat every class in pvp but srams and cras. Volcano Armor Glitch+ Crash wave double cast+ High lock set ( for pvp )+8ap= Epic winning.

0 0
Score : 1052

What is the volcano glitch? And has anyone found a way to double cast Wave consistently?

0 0
Score : 10
SakeSanSan|2012-02-01 09:46:33

20 into Peace Armor (Using bubble to cycle it, and assuming its current implementation is not bugged)

-I'll test Peace Armor tomorrow. Right now I just can't tell if its actually working. I don't get damage upon destruction and I'm not sure that it is reducing damage either.

Update: My previous testing of Peace Armor had it giving me NO damage upon cycling, however after server maintenance today I'm seeing it function as intended, I received damage. Poor there goes that theory. Sad *and ashamed* to say it, but Ironclad is all that is good after this point, with the sole exception of leveling Teleport and setting up a glyph in beginning so you can kite/return to safety etc...

With your experiments regarding Peace Armor, have you tried using Peace armor to Cycle itself? As I know I can refresh other armors by recasting the same trigger spell. Asking cause I have an interesting Feca tank build idea I am working on, and looking at Peace Armor for it and just getting to a a point where Peace Armor's damage delay would become noticeable without tons of points into it.

The concept that started taking off for me is a Reflect Tank, and just starting to get to a point to start doing testing on it. Using Fecablades glyphs, with Spell Rebound, and Peace Armor. Need to see how the glyphs and armor interact, and if there is a way to safely refresh Peace Armor, all because of Peace Armor delaying the damage. The big question with the glyphs and armor interaction is do the glyphs return damage based on the full amount of damage the attack does, or the Peace Armor reduced damage? Would really like to have my cake and eat it too in this case, as would let me sponge up lots of damage, and give it back out too.
0 0
Score : 1052

If you look under the Condition tabs of Peace Armor, it says you cannot already be under the effect of Peace Armor when you cast it.

0 0
Score : 101
youLuz|2012-02-05 08:03:58
What is the volcano glitch? And has anyone found a way to double cast Wave consistently?
a definite way to consistently have it cast twice is target a a creature and it dies when you use crashing wave. so if a large group is bunched together and one of them has say 2hp and you cast it on that one mob(physically targeting the square the mob is in) and it hits the others as well you will automatically cast it again and it will damage the other mobs that were in the same aoe. Now wether this is a glitch or a hidden feature like the volcano armor(cast volcano armor on a mob and lock them, they lose all their mp and cant move during the duration of the volcano armor usually taking the 6ap worth of damage from the armor) is to be seen.
0 0
Score : 10

Missed that part when originally looking at Peace Armor. So have to still be careful with Peace Armor. Now just need to figure out how the glyphs interact with it, and will get an idea of how viable the concept ends up being.

0 0
Score : 1121
Vakmyr|2012-02-06 05:53:19
youLuz|2012-02-05 08:03:58
a definite way to consistently have it cast twice is target a a creature and it dies when you use crashing wave. so if a large group is bunched together and one of them has say 2hp and you cast it on that one mob(physically targeting the square the mob is in) and it hits the others as well you will automatically cast it again and it will damage the other mobs that were in the same aoe. Now wether this is a glitch or a hidden feature like the volcano armor(cast volcano armor on a mob and lock them, they lose all their mp and cant move during the duration of the volcano armor usually taking the 6ap worth of damage from the armor) is to be seen.
actually, you can cast it on a glyph next to the monster or a glyph ure standing on ( activated glyph ) to cast crashing wave 2X.
0 0
Respond to this thread