Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers
Pinned

Class Revamp 2020 - Feca

By [Ankama]WAKFU - ADMINISTRATOR - December 13, 2019, 16:00:00
AnkaTracker
Reactions 158
Score : 5198

I am in the extreme minority that enjoys new feca as it goes back to a lot of its roots from when the game first went live. I do think that this shakeup has been hard for a lot of people because they were playing feca in such a way that their teams leaned heavily on feca's support spells. Most of the people I have spoken about the changes seem to fall into 2 camps: 1) Feca's buffs are not as direct and are much more situational or 2) Feca's positioning was almost entirely removed.  I think these are valid complaints which definitely change how fecas fit into a party now. 

I'm going to keep playing super DD feca and love it, but its a different class now for sure. 

1 -5
Score : 2499

the problem with support/tank Feca right now is that it feels too biased towards melee teams, both with buffs and the very limited range it has on a lot of skills

1 0
Score : 146

AcidAce|2020-07-28 06:01:50
the problem with support/tank Feca right now is that it feels too biased towards melee teams, both with buffs and the very limited range it has on a lot of skills

exactly, which is so annoying, its extremely clear that they are forcing melee so hard to be a dominate meta pick, which l'm okay with, we already having iops taking down 3 mobs s31+ in one turn, srams one shotting s50 and going invs so no counter play for the AI, making them any stronger won't bother me, but killing my own distance play style? I have a big issue with that, I'm legit just sitting without booster waiting them to do something for the feca to make it playable, outside of that, l don't have any plans for wakfu currently
0 0
Score : 248

I'm alright with teleportation being unlocked behind peace armour, but sometimes I desperately need that positioning to a align my feca for support, but it locks me into being a tank for 3 turns preventing me from supporting. Is it possible to add a toggle for peace armour? You can keep the cooldown, I just want some way to turn it off of the situation calls for it.

0 0
Score : 159
Storm cast on glyp only, maybe it bug?. Avalanche need near glyp  5 cells or lest and waste 4aps, only cast on allies or feca, cant do swich enemies, okay indded it can save ur allies abit but by this way, again, sac or panda can do better, monster can run away from glyps and nothing can stop em. Increa the range is nice, i love this one but again, seem like feca only usefull for mele team, with Meteorite, someone will said: hey, that can buff crithit for longrange team, but with stabiliez efffect, ew, sometime buff it is okay, not alway. Protecting the Herd is a good passive. that all i can say good for this fecahotfix.feca  still less position effectives and buffings for range team, i sugest can bring the old teleport back with condition 3 turn CD and only when using pa. For the love of feca support, i can say: i can wait 1 or 2 year until the nextfeca revamp, u gais cant force me to play feca as a DD role. Still disapointing alot about this revamp smile
0 -1
Score : 234

A constant I noticed is:

• Old Feca players are hugely disappointed and believes Feca was destroyed.
  • New Feca players (And new players) are finding Feca "Fine, it need a few tweaks here and there"

I infer from that:
Feca was a unbalanced class and the hit was hard. Yet, while striping down its power they took a bit of the fun factor too. I have a Feca too lv 64 but avid talking and reading high levels and this is my contribution:

Feca is Ok, but boring. A lot of the fun came form solving problems, elevating and helping team mates (Being OP and overpresent was fun). Devs need to find a way so Feca can have interesting decision-making in the majory of turns. It seems that "attack/glyphs <->shields" interaction is the main department to work on that.

Also, tank is possible, but super boring too. That is the problem, the lack of extra happening besides numbers on glyphs and attacks.
2 0
Score : 4296

The new changes are very interesting for me.I was a straight up Feca hater pre-revamp but I really like what they did with it now.I'm just wondering why they took away the damage accumlation from staff, Siu said he wanted to keep it. With the current feca staff, it could've made it a staple in melee based teams. IMO you should add it back, it's an interesting feature, perhaps weaker than before with up to 50%. I like the new trigger for certain.

I think Feca's found it's identity in glyphs and shields power. I think it was sort of over buffed in certain parts. But I really like the potential the class has. So good job here, dev team.

Now I have some questions on how they'll be handling indirect damage with Feca. will it always stay melee, or distance? I thought we were going to get a passive for this. I mean line is basically a ranged passive, why didn't you add the melee damage to ranged damage on it?

Scalded was also cut from the class, actually it was cut from classes actually. Also Feca's indirect damage like Rogues is sort of buggy in random spots. For example, the mobs in Badger and Blightopard still trigger the mechanics. Can we get a look at the indirect aspects?

2 0
Score : 4883

I'm kida sad to see the old meteor effect go (pure aoe damage) but the new tools make up for it for sure

1 0
Score : 60
tl;dr — Having played with the updated Feca for 1.68.4, I have to say the changes are great, and it's resulted in bringing my beloved Feca back into my primary party. They're fun and useful (as a support, at least).

The changes to the ranges have alleviated a lot of the clunkiness — while I was initially skeptical of the need for the changes and allowing a more ranged support, the resulting capacity to actually shield/buff allies now more consistently is a definite improvement. Slightly clumsy here and there, especially with the inability to target yourself with so many shields, and the widely varying ranges / line-of-sight requirements, but still overall much improved.

I'm not sure about the Stabilize effect on Meteorite, though. I suppose it can be a downside on a lot of classes that utilize mobility, so it can be a detriment to offset the large crit buff, but it could also be immensely strong for some encounters ... possibly? So far, though, it's only been a hindrance on an otherwise useful skill. Seems kind of out of place, anyway; seems like more of an Earth spell, whereas something like Meteorite having an extra effect that triggers whenever the carrier lands a critical hit, dealing a 1-tile cross AoE minimal bit of extra damage that is attributed to and scales off the Feca's mastery (similar to Magma) would be more fitting for that kind of spell, perhaps? At least it would synergize a little better with the characters you'd want to place it on.

The change to Staff is also an improvement, in my opinion, as it allows the buff to be maintained more easily, at the expense of some of the potential damage it could bring. But I much prefer this downside, as it doesn't negate half of my defensive kit, anything a healer might do, self-healing, and so on. It's unfortunate that if you manage to kill the target and can't get to another, you lose the buff ... but it might be too easy to maintain and too powerful as a result if it refreshed itself when you got a kill, for instance.

The armor generating changes are nice, and the changes to the glyphs are nice — as I brought up before, the Elemental Glyphs really was the oomph that they needed naturally, and that frees up a much-needed passive slot, so these feel a lot better to use, even as a supporter. Combination of Wave and Avalanche allows for some interesting (though incredibly AP expensive) ally manipulation. If maybe there was a way to refund some AP when successfully teleporting an ally, it wouldn't require half a turn, which would probably open up more possibilities. Or gave the ally a buff of some kind, like a bonus of armor received for one turn (since you're likely to want to be saving that ally in this scenario, this would synergize with your subsequent armor spells and allow for more clutch moments).

Herd Protector is really awkward. Not just in the way it's phrased in-game, but in its recovery effect. I've tried running it for a long while and it's just ... feels bad getting such an incredibly small heal at the start of each round. The trigger condition for capitalizing on this is awkward as well, but that might just be that I haven't given it enough testing, honestly.

Lastly (and somewhat an aside), the new passives and the way that the updated kit was provided is exactly how I would like to see most other classes updated — except for those that are fundamentally flawed or unhealthy for the game (like old Feca). Instead of revamping entire portions of the class, simply updating some passives to be more in-line with the strength of other similar ones from other classes, or adding new passives that change the way you play the class, with potentially some big bonuses and significant downsides, such as the new Wakfu Comprehension and Map Mastery passives. Since Feca now has, what, 18 unique passives, which can be mixed and matched for at least five major playstyles, and almost every other class has only around half that, it'd be nice for a minor class patch to add some playstyle-oriented passives to them in this manner.

Still, yeah, I like this patch. More like this~
4 0
Score : 489

Hello!since the last update noone posted any comment about the new feca,maybe because it's summertime ,maybe because lots of people stopped to play the new feca,maybe some angry player quitted.
i took some time to experience it and try ,mostly in the new dungeons and i came up with almost the same conclusion on before: it lacks of movement
Don't get me wrong, i'm not screaming or complaining,this is just a fact
the rest of the protector effect is good,more than good, but it's the only characters that has no escape spell if it's locked and has no passive that increment dodge at least;not a good base style if you have to buff always in line with allies.
The teleports spell are ridicoulos: telluric wack can switch only allies and with los, the other with gliph cost 4 ap + the cost of the gliph....really?
I'm telling this and i will probably continue to use it but in my opinion it is still a work in progress

cody5|2020-08-05 18:14:38
Yeah, I assume this is intended, I guess you could just have your team positioner move you?

well what you said it's just a nonsense! o course i have positioner and of course i can move the feca; it's just a pity that when it's feca's turn if some mob lock him it get stucked anyway. and before  i heard something like "maybe you use positioner wrong" i already carry 3  times mobs/allies per turn,if ankama want positioners to be god let us play with no restricion: infinite carries,more than 1 barrelhop,infinite transposition with sac. i use panda since lv 105 maybe i can use it
0 0
Score : 4883

Yeah, I assume this is intended, I guess you could just have your team positioner move you?

0 0

drugusdrugu|2020-08-05 17:52:08
Hello!since the last update noone posted any comment about the new feca,maybe because it's summertime ,maybe because lots of people stopped to play the new feca,maybe some angry player quitted.
i took some time to experience it and try ,mostly in the new dungeons and i came up with almost the same conclusion on before: it lacks of movement
the rest of the protector effect is good,more than good, but it's the only characters that has no escape spell if it's locked and has no passive that increment dodge at least;not a good base style if you have to buff always in line with allies.
The teleports spell are ridicoulos: telluric wack can switch only allies and with los, the other with gliph cost 4 ap + the cost of the gliph....really?
I'm telling this and i will probably continue to use it but in my opinion it is still a work in progress

I just don't have this problem. I have other problems.

I actually run out of shields that could be useful for my team assuming I'm actually able to keep Staff up. Then I have the range problem. Where I just can't get the shield I want on my teammate, or just plain out ageis being too short of range (1-2 range, I mean why).

Personally I don't like the idea of a "Slave build" where you don't take mastery on your support, but boy does this class enforce it due to the block to armor given passive, as well as the need to have higher than normal range for a what seems to be a melee class. I find myself kind of just using Wave because I have not much of another choice. For a melee oriented support, We have a lot of spells with LoS. Mobility is the least of my problems. I play healers with no mobility, just fine.

To the lack of shields problem, on a melee heavy team. After staff, I want to use ageis and a shield, right? For sustain. Ideally I'd use Volcano and ageis. But when you're in the thick of combat. You won't have the LoS on your melees then there's Volcano, I guess it's an interesting one, but why is it our only option for armor from shields? Defensive Orb is very counter-intuitive for melees (And again this is a melee-oriented support).  I'd also like Crashing to proc before the damage is applied on my melee because it's not very useful after. Meteorite's other effect feels pretty useless. It's a nerf for a melee to get stablized, and it goes on for what feels like 2 turns because it happens after your turn and is during your next turn.

I'd also like scalded on the class if that's not too much to ask for... It's a support and I don't like being forced to use a panda... A permanent passive to make our glyphs or a indirect shield damage ranged or melee would be cool too.

Why ignore control completely btw? Even if it's developing for the future that directly l hampers current builds.
1 0
Score : 312

Agree. Defensive Orb is one of the worst spells Feca has right now. It can only combo well with Immunity. Since most mobs have a lot of range and/or mobility, it is almost impossible to not take damage (specially with his range rn).

But i think they should still ignore control. Let's see what they have in stock for the new control system.

0 0
Score : 489

Hearttyace|2020-08-06 02:25:23

drugusdrugu|2020-08-05 17:52:08

I just don't have this problem. I have other problems.

I actually run out of shields that could be useful for my team assuming I'm actually able to keep Staff up. Then I have the range problem. Where I just can't get the shield I want on my teammate, or just plain out ageis being too short of range (1-2 range, I mean why).

Personally I don't like the idea of a "Slave build" where you don't take mastery on your support, but boy does this class enforce it due to the block to armor given passive, as well as the need to have higher than normal range for a what seems to be a melee class. I find myself kind of just using Wave because I have not much of another choice. For a melee oriented support, We have a lot of spells with LoS. Mobility is the least of my problems. I play healers with no mobility, just fine.

To the lack of shields problem, on a melee heavy team. After staff, I want to use ageis and a shield, right? For sustain. Ideally I'd use Volcano and ageis. But when you're in the thick of combat. You won't have the LoS on your melees then there's Volcano, I guess it's an interesting one, but why is it our only option for armor from shields? Defensive Orb is very counter-intuitive for melees (And again this is a melee-oriented support).  I'd also like Crashing to proc before the damage is applied on my melee because it's not very useful after. Meteorite's other effect feels pretty useless. It's a nerf for a melee to get stablized, and it goes on for what feels like 2 turns because it happens after your turn and is during your next turn.

I'd also like scalded on the class if that's not too much to ask for... It's a support and I don't like being forced to use a panda... A permanent passive to make our glyphs or a indirect shield damage ranged or melee would be cool too.

Why ignore control completely btw? Even if it's developing for the future that directly l hampers current builds.

I'm not at lv 215 so i still wear lv 200 equip,and i can make 4800 armor isc with volcano, 5200 isc with defensive orb and 2300 with drip.when i reach 100 block(7th turn) defensive orb make 5900 armor. If you combine with 50 elemental res+ sometimes aegis you should be fine with armor .             Btw like you said my feca it's kinda a slave,5 range and i can reach half a map,at least with new dungeons.if tou're looking to armor only a saw a friend's sasida max level with proper set:it often reach cap armor

0 0

My post has never mentioned the power of Armor.
Your post lines up well with my second paragraph.

Drip doesn't give armor, but I know you're talking about wave. My main complaints that post was "I ran out of useful shields for my melees" and "I have problems with LoS"

Since I can't really use defensive orb and Volcano does well to nerf my damage if I want to trigger it.  I guess I could use crashing, but it feels more like a filler than an actual strategic option(I also mentioned this).

I'm I supposed to run into the battle alongside my melees to get armor on them? The actual Range isn't the problem, since that's a logical constraint that forces you to gear for it. It's getting LoS on ally after one enemy blocks my LoS on an ally. It's not exactly like we have mobility to reposition ourselves for it or positioning to move the enemy that blocks our ally. You use wave twice then what? How are you planning onto armor an ally that's been blocked by the enemy?

My problem with Slave builds being that it's actually more efficient to just use gear across all levels to just obtain high range and high resist. Making them absurdly tanky and useless when it comes to damage output. I just don't find it interesting. Most people don't even complete their slave builds just wearing mythical and running high stasis with it  due to ignoring mastery.

Edit: All in all, I'm not proud of a class that doesn't utilize mastery.

0 0
Score : 836

Does anyone have any updated guides/builds for a tank feca? or just any advice?

0 0
Respond to this thread