FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Nutella's Pre-Zinit Tank Feca Guide! (Updated for Ouginak Patch)

By BetterThanBoxBox - MEMBER - October 26, 2017, 03:59:02

Heyo, Nutella here! Since the meta has shifted so much and Feca is becoming more of a support role than a tank in endgame Zinit content, I decided to break my guide up into 2 parts: 1 for the more tank oriented "Moon Island" build (most content pre-Zinit), and the main one for the now more supportive Zinit build which you can find here. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spells:

-Fire-

Magma and Meteorite will be your main fire spells due to the insane amount of damage steroid on both spells, along with an AoE pull and dmg on Magma at the end of your turn. As for other spells, Natural Attack is an amazing addition to any boss deck as it allows you to reduce a bosses crit AND block chance by up to 30%. Then there's Flame Carpet, which is great when you're forced to solo, but can be counterproductive in group play due to the dmg allies take from it. Fecastopheles is best left untouched due to a high AP cost (and MP), and such a low level of incurable being almost useless in PvM (More about Fecastop in PvP section). I should also note with everything said so far, in PvM, it's perfectly viable to drop either fire or water dmg mastery for a hybrid gear set.

-Water-

Steam and Bubble are the must haves in the water branch. Steam is a great spell, as it can push or pull an enemy while still dealing damage (great in dungeons with instakill mechanics). Bubble gives +4 range and makes your target unlockable, along with lasting until placed on another target. As for other spells, Drip has respectable ranged damage, along with a very useful shield for yourself and allies making it a great pickup as well especially if you go earth/water, but not necessary. Avalanche is amazing in PvP, but not so much PvM. Although it is useful for tanking some bosses, it's a somewhat situational spell that's mainly reserved for endgame content. Crashing Wave is also worth giving a mention to as it applies a debuff to area damage in a large AoE, but it's quite expensive and can only be cast linear so I don't use it. As I said in the fire branch; In PvM, it's perfectly viable to drop either fire or water dmg mastery for a hybrid gear set.

-Earth-

Now to the good stuff happyFeca StaffDefensive Orb, and Fecablades are extremely strong in the earth branch. Feca Staff has -final damage and flaming added to its already decent base damage. Defensive Orb is a much stronger shield than Drip, but only one person on the team can have it at a time, making it important to decide who has has it and when. Fecablades is the -mp version of Avalanche, and is much more useful in PvM limiting boss/mob movement in many dungeons. Fecammer is also a great spell if your team doesnt have a cra to do -MP on bosses such as Kannibal and Kannivore, but it's much more efficient to just let them do it. Fecabo is pretty strong as a STD/CCD spell, but can be left untouched.

Now here's my main decks using this build:
(Mob Room):

(Boss Room):

Passives:

Main choices:
There is a lot of room for change when it comes to passive, but here is what I found to be most effective. In the first spot, Interception or Shield are the best choices giving lock, which helps you tank and gives resist from Reflection. After the level cap is raised to 180 and Shield level 2 is unlocked, Interception will be almost useless. In the second slot, Temporal Flux is my favorite option. It gives +2 mp after teleporting AND allows you to tele every turn. It also still gives the +range and adds the pull on Inversion, but while still being nice, that isn't nearly as useful anymore. Third, Refection is a must. It just adds so much tankyness to your kit, there's no reason not to take it. Now here's where things get personalized; for the last 3 slots, I usually swap between RockMotivationLeather Plating and Feca Master. All 4 are good in their own regard; starting with Rock which adds a TON of hp and heals from allies at the cost of a significant amount of damage. I find this to be effective mostly in boss rooms when I need the hp, but in most cases other passives can have better effects. Motivation and Leather Plating kinda go together as they're both mean't to enhance glyphs duing boss fights. Motivation adds that extra change to remove ap/mp while also giving you another AP to work with making it great for 11/7 builds, and Plating allows for even more chance to remove AP/MP. Just be careful because bosses now have a mechanic where every 15 AP or MP stolen, they will be immune to losing AP/MP for a turn. Lastly, Feca Master is just a great all round passive as it allows you to cast all your permanent shields for 1AP less (which means a 1AP AoE final damage buff) and a really nice resistance boost in your weakest element.

My passives:

Stats:

-INT- 10 points in Resistance is always a must. From here on, you can take Heals Received and/or 3-6 points in Barrier, followed by Max HP, it really comes down to preference.
-STR- Dump Close Combat, then Single Target, then General Damage, since shields only scale off single, cc, and general.
-Agility- Dump 15-20 points into Lock, then 20 points WillpowerAfter that finish with some more points in Lock.
-Chance- Dump Block, then Crit/Backstab Resist.
-Major- For majors, AP, MP, Resist, and Range are by far the best specs on Feca. If you don't have enough control, sacrifice some stats to get some from gear then run Resilience at 200!

Spell Rotations:

-Mob Rooms-
In mob rooms, you generally want to start off by buffing you're teams strongest DD which is usually a Cra, Rogue, Fogger, or Xelor with. While buffing, you usually want to save at least 3 AP to reach the backline, but more on that later. Try to get in the habit of buffing final damage(Meteor/Magma/Inversion) before giving allies AP(Tonic Glyph), as final damage contributes more to their overall DPT. After you give allies all the damage they need to shred through everything, now it's time to make it easier for them to get that damage off. With the AP you saved, you usually want to teleport towards the highest threat enemies; typically the ones with the highest damage or least resistance. After teleporting, try to get in between 2-3 enemies that you can pull them towards yourself with Magma Armor. Keep in mind that Magma Armor pulls all enemies within 3 linear cells of you into CC at the END of your turn. Now that you're in a spot where you'll be locking multiple enemies, you can either end your turn there, Fecablades to help with locking, or PA/Imm if you need.
On turn 2, you can cast bubble armor on yourself to re-buff allies the same way you did on turn 1, then if the mobs from before havn't died yet you can go back to re-locking them, shielding yourself if needed. If the mobs you were locking are dead, find a new 2-3 mobs and repeat.

-Boss Room-
Depending on the boss, each fight can be played very differently. There's usually 2 types of boss fight in Wakfu; ones where the boss IS and immediate threat, and fights where the boss IS NOT an immediate threat. An example of a fight where the boss is an immediate threat would be the UB Dragon Pig. In fights like this, you're primary goal is to keep the boss in place and away from your team at all costs. This can be done with Fecablades, Provocation, Fecastaff, Nat Att, or even just your sheer amount of lock. Once you know the boss isn't going anywhere, you can buff any allies in range and just keep that up until the boss is down.
On the other hand, a fight where the boss is not an immediate threat such as Wa Wabbit, you can for the most part just go about the fight like you would a normal mob room until all the mobs are dead. Once the mobs all die off, most bosses have some sort of gimmick you need to fulfill to damage them. Continuing the Wa Wabbit example, you need to lock him in order for damage to be done. Once your team is able to damage the boss, just continue the common trend here; buff your team while tanking enemies.

GEAR!:

This is the gear I used in Moon Island. It's pretty good I would say, and there's nothing I would really change. While this is what I prefer, there are some other options such as Happy Sram Kimono with another boot of your choice, Dura Shield or Wind Shield, and I even know some Fecas that really enjoy using Asse Shield. Really just find what works for you. As far as runing and metamorfrags go, for both PvP and PvM support runes, Willpower is your best bet. For Attack runes, in PvM melee is best, while in PvP you can stick with general for better versatility, or also melee for better shielding.

Conclusion:

I hope you enjoyed the guide, and learned something new about Feca. Feca is still and always will be my favorite class even if others think it's boring. No matter how good you think you are, there's always more tricks you can learn and little ways you can improve biggrin. Anyways, Good luck, have fun, and possibly check out my Zinit guide for Feca here!
9 0
Reactions 24
Score : 149

I am returning to Wakfu since I last played in 2016. I have a level 111 Feca to restat and your guide has been incredibly helpful!

I do have a question however. I only have 27 points to spend in agility. Just how important is "Force of Will" exactly? Back in 2016 I really enjoyed just dumping all those points into lock. But now it seems filling Force of Will to 20 is pretty important.

Your guide says dump 15-20 into lock, then 20 points willpower. Is that worded literally? Should I put 15 into lock and only 12 into force of will at level 111? Or should I really be putting 20 into will and just a 7 into lock? ((I am really going to miss that lvl.27 lock XD))

0 0
Score : 1483

Hey SilentHaven, my numbers in the guide aren't exact, but they can be taken literally and it will work. The main thing I was going for here is "get a decent amount of lock that you feel comfortable with, then stat force of will, then go back to lock." for your level, as long as you have over 400 with interception passive and over 500 by level 140 you should be fine. Hope this helps!

1 0
Score : 44

BetterThanBoxBox|2017-11-15 13:30:48
Hey SilentHaven, my numbers in the guide aren't exact, but they can be taken literally and it will work. The main thing I was going for here is "get a decent amount of lock that you feel comfortable with, then stat force of will, then go back to lock." for your level, as long as you have over 400 with interception passive and over 500 by level 140 you should be fine. Hope this helps!

I would like to ask about what level gear do you level up with? I'm pretty new to wakfu and im struggling gear-wise idk what named gear or set I need to look for at lv100+.
0 0
Score : 846

Milkar set is good to go till you reach lv 125. 

1 0
Score : 44

In strength status area what do you mean by general damage do you mean Elemental mastery? and also is flat health points not worth it?

0 0

Yes I mean ele mastery. Flat HP is pretty bad in my opinion since your shields scale with damage so while flat HP may help with shorter fights, in a longer fight such as a boss fight you'll get more effective HP over the course of the fight with ele dmg. Not to mention statting HP does nothing for allies, while statting damage will also increase your shields on them.

1 0
Score : 1

Newbie Questien Why dont you take lock and dodge instead of only lock 
one would think the extra dodge would be good ?
next newbie questien
Tank classes ive been reading around some say Feca is best but i also read alot that 
the other classes are the best so im kinda confused tongue

Please add me as friend BTBB tongue

0 0

The reasons you want to stat pure lock on Feca, especially before Zinit (moon content) are: #1 Feca gets free resist based on your lock with Refection passive up to a cap at 750 lock which is a pretty high amount. Then even if you have 750 lock you still want more, because of #2 which is that a lot of moon bosses won't take a 4mp penalty unless you have a ridiculous amount of lock (1300~), and you want to get as close to this as you can to make boss rooms a lot easier. Hope this helps.

1 0
Score : 66

Sweet Guide ^^
Questien 
You said Close Combat im guesing you mean Melee Mastery ?
Chance you say Crit/backstab resits i understand Cris resistance but 
But backstab nothing called that but i see rear resistance is that the one you mean or Rear Mastery ?

0 0
Score : 4956

your guesses are all correct. backstab would refer to rear res. 

1 0

When you stated this did you mean it in this order "-STR- Dump Close Combat, then Single Target, then General Damage, since shields only scale off single, cc, and general." so whenever I get a point I put one in melee mastery then the next point I get in that section put it into single target mastery and the next in elemental mastery in that order? so it would end up as 16 in each stat?

0 0
Score : 4956

No they mean put 20 into CC then 20 into single then the remaining into gen. as you lvl.

2 0
Score : -28

In my opinion, the build is completely useless

0 -13
Score : 1679

how good is this build now? is there any of these gears that could be replaced for a better one?

1 0

This build is focused on pre-zinit (before level 186), so obviously there's better gear in the zinit bracket (186-200), in which case I would redirect you to my endgame guide which deals with that. For pre-level 186, this guide is still completely relevant and not much if anything has changed. 

4 0

BetterThanBoxBox|2019-02-21 21:03:11
This build is focused on pre-zinit (before level 186), so obviously there's better gear in the zinit bracket (186-200), in which case I would redirect you to my endgame guide which deals with that. For pre-level 186, this guide is still completely relevant and not much if anything has changed. 

Thanks for replying~ sorry, i didn't explain my question better. What i meant by how good the gears are, is mostly for 185 als build instead of higher.  maybe 1-2 item beyond 185 can be squeezed in with kit skills, and there might be some new item introduced that i'm not aware of. I'm trying to find stuff that might be better than what you have there via builder and encyclopedia, but any help and suggestion will be appreciated.  I've noticed some item of yours is still 170s and i'm wondering if there are higher lvl item that is arguably better than that or the other way around [eg. nyl tooth & precision charm,  dora borette and nyl crown, black crow emblem and archmonster hunter emblem, etc]
P.S really like your guide btw :3
0 0

Hey, I havn't really looked into new 185 gear much since they added zinit, but this was definitely the best of the best non-initiative (I don't think initiative Feca was good in moon) gear set in moon before zinit was launched. I just took some time to look at the newer gear in this bracket, and while some of it is kinda good, nothing really exceeds what I have in my moon build for 1 reason or another. In moon, having high resist, high lock, and high block were all the most important things, and a lot of 170 items really excelled in those stats since they were made before Ankama started toning down tank items. For example, Dora Borette has taken like 3 nerfs since it's release, but still remains the best hat for almost any melee class in the 170-199 bracket, same story with Paradoxical Epps. Precision charm just loses the range vs nyl tooth so I hate the upgrade for Feca. While Soul Brother doesn't have the best mastery compared to something like Sixtooth or Troprickly, I really like the 20 gen res + crit res. Even Lucloak/Indest boots just excel in every way compared to 185 relics/epics for Feca. The only thing I that could really be argued to me is the Archmonster Hunter Emblem, but at the same time you're losing res, hp, and lock for 40 damage compared to Black Crow. Hope this helped!

1 0
Score : 1679

BetterThanBoxBox|2019-02-24 22:36:34
Hey, I havn't really looked into new 185 gear much since they added zinit, but this was definitely the best of the best non-initiative (I don't think initiative Feca was good in moon) gear set in moon before zinit was launched. I just took some time to look at the newer gear in this bracket, and while some of it is kinda good, nothing really exceeds what I have in my moon build for 1 reason or another. In moon, having high resist, high lock, and high block were all the most important things, and a lot of 170 items really excelled in those stats since they were made before Ankama started toning down tank items. For example, Dora Borette has taken like 3 nerfs since it's release, but still remains the best hat for almost any melee class in the 170-199 bracket, same story with Paradoxical Epps. Precision charm just loses the range vs nyl tooth so I hate the upgrade for Feca. While Soul Brother doesn't have the best mastery compared to something like Sixtooth or Troprickly, I really like the 20 gen res + crit res. Even Lucloak/Indest boots just excel in every way compared to 185 relics/epics for Feca. The only thing I that could really be argued to me is the Archmonster Hunter Emblem, but at the same time you're losing res, hp, and lock for 40 damage compared to Black Crow. Hope this helped!

:3 definitely helped a lot! thanks for the in-depth input~ gonna start getting my gears ready and level up my feca now!
0 0
Score : 3117

What's your advice on runing gear? Is it better to convert my 3 lvl 10 lock runes on my bootanics, for example, into determination runes for the force of will (trade 60 lock for 15 force of will)?

Also, opinion on converting elemental mastery runes into block runes?

1 0

depends on how much lock you already have. A good number for moon content is about 900 (since that's what this guide is mainly focused on) without interception which allows you to get up towards 1100 for nyl boss with interception. If you have that much without lock runes, the force of will is ideally what you want. In terms of damage runes, you definitely want melee since your orb scales with mastery and that's what allows you to tank some of the harder hitting bosses like kannivore and croc.

1 0
Score : 16

Hey, what was the reasoning for taking Single target damage in the build instead of elemental? Because on your build, Feca staff and all the glyphs are area damage, wouldn't it be better to go for elemental?

1 0

Especially in Moon, as a tank, your damage is negligible compared to an actual damage character; that said, building ST makes your shield values higher than they would be with just elemental which is much more important than an extra 20~ damage in the grand scheme of things. In PvP this doesn't hold true at all though; check out my other guide for info on that.

1 0

I'm trying to build a full tank and a bit support feca, so I'd like to use as many shields as possible, which one is the best for this? Also, is it possible to stack defensive orb?

0 0

This build fits your description of what you want pretty well. Also, it's is not possible to stack defensive orb, however, you can stack the AoE effect of the spell with the main shield.

0 0
Respond to this thread