FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Drip armor vs Orb armor: pros and cons?

By Fontanarj - MEMBER - August 24, 2016, 17:47:21

So, i often see some fecas using drip armor and others using orb armor, i chose to use orb armor since it gives more armor overall, but is it the best choice? i often play solo on grind but when i go dg'ing with my guild and friends i asume a tank support role (aside from just locking and tanking im also buffing allies). So could a more experienced feca give me some pointers on which armor is the "best" to go on each situation? like pros and cons?

0 0
Reactions 8
Score : 758

Drip pros- doesn't use mp and is less costly in AP
Drip cons- less armor

Orb pros- more armor
Orb cons- uses a mp and is more costly

Fecas use Drip when they think they aren't gonna get hit for a lot of damage, don't have much AP left or simply don't have the mp for Orb. Orb is the best for tanking when you need it, such as when you're tanking a boss or when you think you're gonna get hit for a ton. They may also use Drip on themselves when they have Orb on something/ someone else (bubble, orb, etc)

0 0
Score : 688
EnErGyDrInKS1223|2016-08-24 18:01:42
Drip cons- less armor

Orb pros- more armor

Fecas use Drip when they think they aren't gonna get hit for a lot of damage, don't have much AP left or simply don't have the mp for Orb. Orb is the best for tanking when you need it, such as when you're tanking a boss or when you think you're gonna get hit for a ton. They may also use Drip on themselves when they have Orb on something/ someone else since it's one armor per team (bubble, drip, orb, etc)
drip is also 1 per team? i heard that the feca can use it on everyone
0 0
Score : 758

My bad, yeah, you can use drip on multiple people but a feca would use drip on themselves when they think theyre gonna take some dmg but have orb on someone else. Only the armors that are 'permanent' are one per team.

0 0
Score : 7213
Fontanarj|2016-08-24 18:32:12
EnErGyDrInKS1223|2016-08-24 18:01:42
Drip cons- less armor

Orb pros- more armor

Fecas use Drip when they think they aren't gonna get hit for a lot of damage, don't have much AP left or simply don't have the mp for Orb. Orb is the best for tanking when you need it, such as when you're tanking a boss or when you think you're gonna get hit for a ton. They may also use Drip on themselves when they have Orb on something/ someone else since it's one armor per team (bubble, drip, orb, etc)
drip is also 1 per team? i heard that the feca can use it on everyone
Bubble is 1 per team, drip can be used as often as you want.

Use drip when enemies pierce shields, or use many low-hitting attacks. If you already have a shield from other sources on you, the barrier from drip works nicely for it. Even more so if your resistance becomes high.
If you use %Hp-armor in your stats, drips barrier works for it, but orb-armors armor is only touched after your %hp-armor is gone.

Orb-armor is better for more squishy targets, or when you know you will get hit for a lot (and dont have PA/Immuntiy up).
0 0
Score : 2464

Both of them. It depends more on the situation than anything.
The 2 cases where I find myself using Drip the most is during phase 1 and 2 of Steel Beak, against Kannilooni and during Moon mob rooms.

0 0
Score : 2164

another pro of drip is that you can use it with meteor.

That said, I don't use drip anymore. It's just too little armor to matter.

0 0
Score : 3443
deadcafe|2016-08-26 02:04:25
another pro of drip is that you can use it with meteor.

That said, I don't use drip anymore. It's just too little armor to matter.
I use drip for dandy
Cause me no pro enough like waffles TOT

(I also use it on closest person in koko dungeon ..in combination with feca staff on the boss ..he sometimes haven't even broken the drip ..even tho its my semi squish rogue that stands there... then ofc in kanniball cause orb is kinda pointless and I get wp back faster with drip anyways..
Drip is a no no in kannivore tho ..atleast for me =x the pain is real...)
0 0
Score : 4253

meteor for the dpts, drip for the supports, maybe meteor + drip for the Melee dpts.

0 0
Respond to this thread