FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Who misses the old Feca??

By - MEMBER - January 23, 2016, 21:53:13

Well i'm a Feca player from Elbor playing since semptember 2014 and was able to enjoy the old Feca post-rework pre-spelldeck and i found this topic in the spanish forum and decided to bring it here so that all the Feca community could express how they feela bout the class.

I personally miss the old feca with the legendary triple defense or double defense in case you were giving it to an ally and the neutral Glyph or armor mechanic where you really felt you were the team's protector , imho the current class could as welll have its name changed from Feca's shield to Feca's mascot, or if you go the honest trailers route: Buff Monkey
in addition i've honestly seen people with either hero system or secondary accounts using fecas with decks that have 0 direct damage spells and use their fecas to buff their main toon that can see something at 13 hp that acts next turn and will actually kill someone but they pass from killing it in order to buff their mains and being really really mean to those of us who enjoy the lock tank and positioner gameplay because according to most people now a feca that isn't spamming buffs is a feca that's "doing nothing".

2 0
Reactions 14
Score : 597

Evolve like the rest of us and don't dwell on the past.

Feca is great back then and now, I do miss it but Feca now is better with the current status of the game.

Also, feca ain't a good DD, just trust your DD biggrin.

0 0
Score : 4389

The first iteration of Feca(when I started playing at least), Feca was one of the best AoE damage dealers, On par with bomb rogue. That was fun, they could also support well (if built that way). They were pretty outrageous. But was a very fun class to play. Sucide sacrier + Fecaopheles was hilarious

Second iteration was ok, they were pretty straight forward.

Current feca is indeed boring. It's a buff machine with very linear gameplay. IT's also pointless/bad to play in DPS.

But then again, everything in this game is currently dumb easy. I don't see quite as much strategy needed anymore.

2 0
Score : 25016

I agree. However the reasons Feca got these buffs and stuff is propably because of the lack of ideas on what a "protector class could do to not deal dmg itself but to support". The fact that most of Feca spells doesnt deal dmg even (while they used to before deck system) is just forcing Feca to do the same thing repeatedly every turn. Its most boring class to play right now. You could wonder why Feca doesnt finish up a low on health monster but it migth be simply because it doesnt have spells to attack in their deck!

This is one of the current flaws in deck system where people can actually build themself in a bad way. Its really surprising. I mean, ok "builds" are the reason decks were invented but in other games where people are forced to choose the way they want to build their char does not mean they will be worse it only means they will be different.

A quick example could be Royal Quest mmo, where people have 14 talents in 4 "passive" branches each and they can choose max 7 on one of the branch with total limit of 18 talents. Each branch have 1 middle talent to be the same (4th one) and last one is also the same but 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th talent in each branch have 2 choices (in wakfu it could be the wakfu or stasis choice! Why not?). It makes people able to make their own build but each passive is good and its hard to choose them, while people of the same class all have the same spells! This is what i wish was changed with the deck system because i belive every person of the same class should have the same spells available at all time, just differently modified via passives (talents).

And if they'd do that then you could see more of a Feca then just a buffing machine. Though perhaps even then people would prefer to buff as feca, simply because their buffs are too good to not use them!

TL;DR
From protector to buffing machine - this a sad story for a feca. But feca is not the only one who suffered. This whole game is messed up with the power creep check over tactic. People nowadays just spam high dmg dealing spells as fast as possible and the only place for someone who is not a dmg dealer in a group would be to be a buffer who can make others do doubled dmg (or more). Because lets be honest a tank or locker is not needed in this game unless for certain boss fights, and some summons can replace a locker. But why couldn't they just make Feca capable of dealing dmg well when it doesnt need to be a tank, instead of turning him into buffer? Heck i think that "buffer" role should be in "dancer class" (i.e. Masqueraider).

0 0
Score : 169
Anthonyandrew2|2016-01-24 02:53:45
Evolve like the rest of us and don't dwell on the past.

Feca is great back then and now, I do miss it but Feca now is better with the current status of the game.

Also, feca ain't a good DD, just trust your DD biggrin.
yeah but in the example i gave the low hp monster that acts after the Feca will be able to kill something, the feca ignores it in order to buff his main character sometimes not even shielding the wounded character and the monster kills your ally , i personally think tthere's a problem with that because in that case the guy behind the feca is just being selfish and detrimental to the fight, and tbh i've seen that a lot in hc srambad's boss fight sometimes losing because of that.
0 0
Score : 1238
Hearttyace|2016-01-24 12:10:57
The first iteration of Feca(when I started playing at least), Feca was one of the best AoE damage dealers, On par with bomb rogue. That was fun, they could also support well (if built that way). They were pretty outrageous. But was a very fun class to play. Sucide sacrier + Fecaopheles was hilarious

Second iteration was ok, they were pretty straight forward.

Current feca is indeed boring. It's a buff machine with very linear gameplay. IT's also pointless/bad to play in DPS.

But then again, everything in this game is currently dumb easy. I don't see quite as much strategy needed anymore.

I agree. Feca is the most boring class by far, bar doll Sadida imo.
I've played with a Feca before the spell deck and it was indeed fun, it felt like you were playing a class. Nowadays it seems like a robot with no uses other than buffing. Who'd want to main that.

Kikuihimonji|2016-01-24 12:46:49
I agree. However the reasons Feca got these buffs and stuff is propably because of the lack of ideas on what a "protector class could do to not deal dmg itself but to support". The fact that most of Feca spells doesnt deal dmg even (while they used to before deck system) is just forcing Feca to do the same thing repeatedly every turn. Its most boring class to play right now. You could wonder why Feca doesnt finish up a low on health monster but it migth be simply because it doesnt have spells to attack in their deck!

This is one of the current flaws in deck system where people can actually build themself in a bad way. Its really surprising. I mean, ok "builds" are the reason decks were invented but in other games where people are forced to choose the way they want to build their char does not mean they will be worse it only means they will be different.

A quick example could be Royal Quest mmo, where people have 14 talents in 4 "passive" branches each and they can choose max 7 on one of the branch with total limit of 18 talents. Each branch have 1 middle talent to be the same (4th one) and last one is also the same but 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th talent in each branch have 2 choices (in wakfu it could be the wakfu or stasis choice! Why not?). It makes people able to make their own build but each passive is good and its hard to choose them, while people of the same class all have the same spells! This is what i wish was changed with the deck system because i belive every person of the same class should have the same spells available at all time, just differently modified via passives (talents).

And if they'd do that then you could see more of a Feca then just a buffing machine. Though perhaps even then people would prefer to buff as feca, simply because their buffs are too good to not use them!

TL;DR
From protector to buffing machine - this a sad story for a feca. But feca is not the only one who suffered. This whole game is messed up with the power creep check over tactic. People nowadays just spam high dmg dealing spells as fast as possible and the only place for someone who is not a dmg dealer in a group would be to be a buffer who can make others do doubled dmg (or more). Because lets be honest a tank or locker is not needed in this game unless for certain boss fights, and some summons can replace a locker. But why couldn't they just make Feca capable of dealing dmg well when it doesnt need to be a tank, instead of turning him into buffer? Heck i think that "buffer" role should be in "dancer class" (i.e. Masqueraider).

I like this idea and I totally agree with our dancer class being with the buff-role. But I also don't like the idea of a buff class just doing that. What makes it people choosing it to main it? It feels like a secondary class with a secondary role. People will choose it not because they like the class, its design, but because its role makes the game very simple. It makes no sense to main it.

I feel the same thing with Rogues nowadays. Does it even requires some thinking? They are way too simple. Got a Feca debuffing the enemy? Cast Pulsar (after casting Fusillade last turn) and that's it. Your turn lasted 4 secs maybe, probably less. They are way too simple to a class that shouldn't be so dumb.
People say Iops are dumb and it's the class design, but it doesn't feels like so when you look at them playing. You've to work with combos, passives makes sense and can change a playstyle, you've got to manage your time and position yourself well (all because of a branch: Air).
The game's too simple as it is because the classes seems too lazy. And that's why I like Srams. I still feel like I'm playing the game.
0 0
Score : 2424

I kinda wish Drip armor wasn't so lackluster.

The most anyone can expect from it is a barrier of 100hp, and maybe 500 armor at lv 200 that doesn't stack with itself or orb, that also isn't effected by final damage or secondaries (I think).

0 0
Score : 169
Skyshooter1|2016-01-24 17:10:46
I kinda wish Drip armor wasn't so lackluster.

The most anyone can expect from it is a barrier of 100hp, and maybe 500 armor at lv 200 that doesn't stack with itself or orb, that also isn't effected by final damage or secondaries (I think).
it stacks with barrier's reduction just tested it this week with a steamer friend he rays of stasis me for 80-90 during the first three hits (increases because of stasis res reduction) which are my natural barrier and then for 180 when the barrier goes down, we let the stasis pass and i cast drip, now the first three hits are 25-35 and the fourth one is 80, so it kind of has an application which is actually above your average but nothing to write home about..
0 0
Score : 2286

Personally, I've never felt interested in feca before. It looked really boring to me and it was the last class I'd choose to play with.
However, after the spell deck I've suddenly seen a lot more potential in this class, so I decided to own one after heroes came out. Atm my feca is lvl 180 suppot, with high AoE damage, is better geared than my main, and I am enjoying it A LOT.

I understand though that it might be not as fun to people, but please, do not bitch about it. It's a matter of taste. 

1 -3
Score : 381

While I have to say i don't miss the rush that was trying to glyph and move glyphs and such of the old feca, and the power of the buffs now are really nice, I do miss one thing about the old Feca and that's diversity.

Current feca design pretty much pigeon holes you into one build. Old feca had many different playstyles that worked well, current one only has one build that's optimal and leaves little room for straying from that path of you want to be useful in PvE.

0 0
Score : 1238

I don't think anyone here is bitching though, except you. If you like it it's like your opinion man. It's a matter of taste, as you say.

0 0
Score : 2164

I've been playing since 2013 with feca as my main. I think that, were it not for heroes, I'd be more disappointed in the current feca. But Wakfu is about playing multiple characters now and its the combinations of characters that work well. So, I liked the old feca (and the old old feca) but I rather like the new feca too.

1 0
Score : 508

I honestly don't mind being a buffing robot. If you can set up right as a feca you can kill a dungeon boss in one round of turns, and that feels good. You may not have personally killed the boss, but you're the only reason your team was able to do it so fast ^^

I do sometimes miss the old feca, but I enjoy the new one as well.

2 0
Score : 911

I do miss having the ability to deal damage with every spell while also being able to give either armor or glyph. But changes happened and I still enjoy them but some spells are kinds useless after you've used them

0 0
Score : 1644

Feca revamp is what made me quit this game. I loved having the option to play as an unconventional dps Feca.

Click here (pre-revamp, game level cap 100)

The moment a game removes choices for the player is when I say sayonara.

0 0
Respond to this thread