FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Nutella's Feca Guide (Last Updated 8/25/21)

By BetterThanBoxBox#8615 - MEMBER - September 14, 2015, 06:13:00

Hey, Nutella Covered Balls here, coming to you with my critically acclaimed guide for Feca. This guide is going to include many of the ways I find effective to play Feca. Also, there will likely be frequent updates as there’s still a lot to learn about Feca. Hope this helps!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Notes:

This guide details how to build Feca, It assumes you already know how most of the class's mechanics work and have a baseline understanding of the class. If you need a more in depth explanation as to how Feca works, I strongly recommend you check out my friend Tokki's guide here.

If you want your Feca to be inexpensive and effective as a pure support, I strongly recommend following my default Master of Shields build and ignoring Combat Armor.

Shields are the effects that Feca’s spells put onto allies, while armor is the extra green HP that we all know and love.

Armors and Glyphs can now crit but they do not scale with crit mastery. Because of this, Theory of Matter is an extremely good sublimation for full support builds. 

Glyphs have different effects based on the final element they end up as. I suggest reading up on this before continuing in the guide. 

It is now very hard for Feca to effectively tank and support in the same fight. Feca has the tools to be an effective Tank, Support, and Damage Dealer, but not all in the same fight. 

Armor is hard capped at half target’s max hp for allied players, and 100% of the target’s max hp for allied summons.

Ally resistance is hard capped at 90%

Spells:

-Fire-

Fire is a great branch on Feca that is mainly limited by it’s extremely subpar range. Fecastopheles is your go-to glyph spell as it’s the highest DPA Feca can apply for glyphs. Meteorite offers a nice crit buff, but it’s real strength lies in the Anchor-like stabilize that applies after your ally finishes their turn. Natural Attack is alright mainly for the dodge buff on allies, but it's fairly hard to find the deck space for it. Magma is your cheapest fire shield and as such is your main source of WP regen and damage buffs using Elemental Shields when not using Master of Shields. Lastly, Volcano offers a nice shield and WP regen on allies or yourself, you just need to make sure they aren’t wanting to spend WP that turn. It can be extremely strong when paired with Master of Shields passive as it's essentially unconditional armor with a 3 turn CD.

-Water-

Water branch has some great utility as well as the best glyph to use when tanking. Starting with Drip, this spell can be used proactively to prevent allies from losing AP/MP, or used reactively with Master of Shields to refund missing AP/MP to allies. It’s important to note that when paired with Master of Shields, the spell will refund 2AP to the Feca on the first cast making it very effective to use once per turn just for WP regen. Wave is your standard “no condition” armor spell. The values are nothing to write home about, but the glyph is free with Map Mastery and suffers no downside. Avalanche is Feca’s main map manipulation tool alongside Magnetism. It’s fairly core in Feca’s kit and really helps the class feel complete. Storm is a niche spell that while boasting some really nice base damage, is typically only used for the pull. Lastly, Crashing Wave offers insane return on investment in dungeons where a single element is very prevalent. Similar to Drip, it’s not always worth decking, but when it is… It’s extremely good.

-Earth-

The earth branch has some great support tools as well as the best glyph for utility. Telluric Whack is just an amazing tool when used at its full potential. On top of the initial swap, it also gives allies extra MP/range to either get in or out of the fight with. Defensive Orb is another fairly niche spell as it’s hard to guarantee an ally won’t take damage. That said, it can be extremely strong when paired with Master of Shields passive as it's essentially unconditional armor with a 3 turn CD. Bastion essentially acts as another +100 resistance buff to allies. Due to the way resistance scales, 100 resistance always results in 20% damage reduction (is now 25%), the only difference here being that it bypasses the 90% res cap, but the damage is redirected to the Feca. Rampart has potential to armor for a lot, but especially in 215 content, it’s rare for an ally to be melee to multiple enemies. Staff is a massive buff to melee damage dealers, but it’s important to make sure they know how it works and that you gave it to them.

Passives:
Master of Shields is likely the main passive you want to be building around. When taking this passive, all shields are applied instantly on cast including armor shields like Volcano and Orb which essentially bypasses the condition. Because the shields also instantly proc, you instantly get your WP back as well making this a great build to use Wakfu Comprehension with.

There is a lot of room for change when it comes to passives, especially now that we have so many choices, I almost never find myself using the same passives from fight to fight. I don’t consider any of Feca’s current passives to be useless, that said there are still some that stand out among the rest. For support builds, the first of these passives is One for All. This passive is just essentially a free 50 resist on whoever you’re shielding. The malus really doesn’t matter too much for the type of Feca that takes this passive. Map Mastery, Persistant Glyphs, and Increased Glyphs are always nice if you want to keep enemies locked down with Earth Glyphs or gain resist and armor received with Water Glyphs. Pacifist Pact is another great one; at baseline, with 100 block, it will double all of your armors applied to allies which is what really makes your armor amounts feel considerable. Lastly, Elemental Shields offers some really nice extra buffs, especially if you're tanky enough to not need a lot of armor on yourself as you wont be able to self cast Orb or Volcano. 

For pure tanks, your really want to be taking Field Experience for obvious reasons. From there you can honestly go in a lot of directions depending on what you need/want to do.

Combat Armor is a passive that really stands out as it’s something you can base your entire build around. When building either brutality or dist/aoe, this passive will make glyphs easily Feca’s best way to armor allies while also dealing some considerable damage to enemies. Half of the damage an ally would have taken from glyphs or direct damage becomes the base for the armor. From there, it scales like any other armor would taking into account both your armor granted, and the target’s armor received. This passive can then be paired with many others in order to get your desired effect, be it smaller glyphs that armor for less but are cheaper and last longer, or one massive nuke glyph to cap everyone's armor turn 1.

Example Decks:
Remember, decks are not static and should change from fight to fight. If you do default to one of these decks, I highly recommend using the Master of Shields deck.

Master of Shields:

Non-Master of Shields Build:

Tank Build:

Combat Armor Build:

Stats:

Support/Tank:
-INT- 10 points in Resistance is always a must. From here on, you can take Heals Received and/or 2-5 points in Barrier, followed by Max HP, it really comes down to preference.
-STR- All points into HP.
-Agility- Force of Will and Initiative putting the remaining points into Lock&Dodge is ideal here.
-Chance- Block is a must have for all builds, and Crit is really nice if you don’t have Theory of Matter. Extra points can go into Crit res/Backstab Res
-Major- For majors, AP, MP, Resist, and Range or WP are by far the best specs on Support Feca.

Combat Armor:
-INT- Still take 10 points in Resistance. From here, I really prefer just HP for the rest of the points.
-STR- For this build I suggest Distance(unless you're melee)/Aoe/General.
-Agility- Force of Will and Initiative putting the remaining points into Lock&Dodge is still ideal.
-Chance- Block is a must have for all builds, and Crit is really nice if you don’t have Theory of Matter. Extra points can go into Crit res/Backstab Res
-Major- For majors, AP, MP, Resist, and Damage are usually the best options. You could drop something for WP if you really need it.

GEAR/RUNES:

Items:
Items will mainly just differ between Combat Armor builds and the rest, however between all builds, you really want to maximize these 4 core stats: 
Force of Will, Block, Range, and Dodge.

For Combat Armor builds, here’s a list of additional stats to watch out for:
Dist/Aoe mastery and Crit

For tank and other support builds, here’s a list of additional stats to watch out for:
HP and Lock

Enchantments: 

(For those of you that don't know what enchantments are, I recommend checking out the devblog on enchantments before continuing).
While I'm not going to post my exact enchantments, I will give a rough guide on how I think the best way to go about enchanting your items as a Feca is. 
Resists:
For resists in the new system, you almost exclusively want to be putting them in the doubled slots. For those of you that don't know that's cape for air, epps for water, belt for fire, boots for earth, and breastplate for all 4. The main goal here is to get at least 75%-80% resist in all elements, or even more for a complete endgame build. 
Support:
In almost any team comp, Feca wants to be first. That said, this is extremely easy to accomplish now that in a doubled slots, you get up to 80 initi per rune. Because of this, I recommend getting 2 green slots on your amulet for a total of 160 initi. From there, lock and dodge are doubled in rings give you 120 lock or dodge per slot which is actually kind of absurd. I took advantage of this to bring my mediocre dodge up to a really solid 1200. This really helps with Feca’s limited mobility and the loss of old Bubble.
Damage:
For damage, you mainly want to focus whichever slots have your secondary masteries doubled. For melee this is hat/cape, for aoe it’s ammy/belt, and for dist it's belt/weapon; although as a pure support, I advise completely ignoring damage in favor of more resist slots.

Sublimations:
Starting off with the normal sublimations, I'm going to first list the ones that I'm taking and follow up with some I think are also viable. 

For my main Support/Tank build, I use 2 Save II, 2 Tenacity II, 2 Rocky Envelope II, 2 Armor length III, 1 Theory of Matter II, and 1 Swiftness I or II. The core subli here being Theory of Matter as it gives  you 100% crit with no downside to these builds. From here, the rest is just to let you shield more and be tankier. You typically don't want to use Evasion II as going over the 100 block deactivates Pacifist Pact. Other options good options I find are Devastate and Healing. 

In my Combat Armor build, I use 2 Rocky Envelope, 2 Ruin III, 2 Save II, 1 Cyclical Ruin II, 1 Devastate III, and 2 Influence III. These sublimations all help Feca a ton allowing you to shield more and do more damage. 

Epic/Relic Subs:
Feca has a few options when it comes to Epic and Relic sublimations, and similar to above, we're going to start with what I use and follow up with other options.

In my Support/Tank build I use Peaceful and Wakfu Pact. Peaceful is pretty game changing for support Feca if you're able to get up to around 85% block before it kicks in. This is because it allows you to walk around 5 cells and still gain armor given, but as soon as you walk the 6th cell, your block will go over 100 thus deactivating Pacifist Pact. This allows you to receive most of the benefits of Pacifist Pact while completely ignoring the downside of losing your block. For epic sublimation, Wakfu Pact is great for even more block and FoW (just make sure you have at least 8WP for it to work). Other options include Trust, Guard up, Robust Health, Herculean Strength, and Positioning Knowledge.

In my Combat Armor build, I use now also use Peaceful and Wakfu Pact. These runes are still great for a combat armor build as the amount you armor allies still scales incredibly well with block (coverted to armor given with Pacifist Pact). When it comes to armoring, 30% block from these runes is almost equal to a 30% final damage increase which is way more than any other rune will give you. Other options will likely result in more damage to enemies, but for shielding purposes, these are the best choices. Alternative options include Yeah, Trust, Stasification, Outrage II, Herculean Strength, Brutality, Positioning Knowledge, and Elemental Concentration.

Conclusion:

I hope you enjoyed the guide, and learned something new about Feca. Feca is still and always will be my favorite class even if others think it's boring. No matter how good you think you are, there's always more tricks you can learn and little ways you can improve. More updates are soon to come! Anyways, until then, good luck and have fun!
65 -4
Reactions 212
Score : 2424

good guide, glad i forced you to make it XD

4 -1
Score : 7996

I disagree I think Natural Attack is a good PvE spell. Otherwise a decent guide.

0 -4
Score : -11

Best. 10/10

0 -1
Score : 1586

1 -3
Score : 758
HealingHotness|2015-09-14 06:18:24
I disagree I think Natural Attack is a good PvE spell. Otherwise a decent guide.
There are many mobs which are really tanky, I'd have to dissagree with you here.

About the PvP build however... I think maxing all glyphs would be a must because you can keep the enemy on them a lot and therefore should try to get the most of their damage - if you focus on direct damage any shielder (or any person with barrier) will win against you.

Fear the Sram tho laugh 
0 0
Score : 138

This guide is assuming 1v1 pvp which is the majority of the time but you have to input this into your guide.

You also need to clarify what passives and spells for group pvp setting.

7/10

0 -1
Score : 366

mmm Feca lovers still exist laugh

Sadly Feca as DD doesn't work that good anymore angry

That's why the population of that class is so low. A Feca focused in damage is a solo layer anyway.

PD Flaming Carpet is deadly idd, for teammates cool 

0 -1
ambitionzazaridah|2015-09-14 06:47:57
This guide is assuming 1v1 pvp which is the majority of the time but you have to input this into your guide.

You also need to clarify what passives and spells for group pvp setting.

7/10
Thank you for the input, I'll update this later to include group PvP happy 

shankissimo|2015-09-14 06:45:34
There are many mobs which are really tanky, I'd have to dissagree with you here.

About the PvP build however... I think maxing all glyphs would be a must because you can keep the enemy on them a lot and therefore should try to get the most of their damage - if you focus on direct damage any shielder (or any person with barrier) will win against you.

Fear the Sram tho laugh
Haha yeah, Srams are REALLY tough for Feca now, especially if you're a Sram with 79% resist and barrier (cough Varuru cough). I looked back over the spells, and I recommended meteor in PvP and didn't even take it in the deck :wacko:. So I think I'll update that today to level up the other glyphs higher for more dmg. Thanks!
0 0
BetterThanBoxBox|2015-09-14 13:25:31

shankissimo|2015-09-14 06:45:34

Fear the Sram tho laugh
Haha yeah, Srams are REALLY tough for Feca now, especially if you're a Sram with 79% resist and barrier (cough Varuru cough). I looked back over the spells, and I recommended meteor in PvP and didn't even take it in the deck :wacko:. So I think I'll update that today to level up the other glyphs higher for more dmg. Thanks!
Any Sram is tough for Feca hahaha, complete armor ignore+potent poison-alotofAP, and if hes got medicine Ripoff+ColdBlood heals ~5000 *usable potentially usable eveery 3rd turn, just like invisibilitity*.

Approximity because of heal resists.
0 0
Score : 2543

Hi,

In earth branch, do you consider necessary lvl fecablades for pvm and pvp? I have a sadida in my team with bramble, fertilizer and wildgrass.

In water I lvl drip, bubble and steam biggrin 

0 -1
morezanto|2015-09-14 15:21:48
Hi,

In earth branch, do you consider necessary lvl fecablades for pvm and pvp? I have a sadida in my team with bramble, fertilizer and wildgrass.

In water I lvl drip, bubble and steam biggrin
Hey, I wouldn't consider Fecablades necessary, especially if you have a Sadida constantly in your group. I just find it very useful in areas such as Xelor Past where if a mob gains more than a certain amount of mp, It does a huge AOE burst. Also, if you're level 175, leveling it to 100 for -4 MP is VERY easy, and doesn't require much spell exp at all.
0 -1
Score : 496

In your guide you don't mention Fecastopheles for PVP. What's the reason you didn't take it, especially since you're bound to face healers like Pandas and Sadidas?

0 -1
TheAntKnight|2015-09-14 23:34:15
In your guide you don't mention Fecastopheles for PVP. What's the reason you didn't take it, especially since you're bound to face healers like Pandas and Sadidas?
I've tried this on the beta, and from what I've seen, keeping it up every turn is VERY difficult, do to the high AP and MP cost as well as managing glyphs, shields, etc.

If you can find room in your build for this, then that's great. I just don't feel like the 30% incurable is worth it when heal resist is a thing, and other classes such as Sacrier have a much stronger Incurable.
0 -1
Score : 473

what about gear for full tank feca?

0 0
BetterThanBoxBox|2015-09-14 23:39:16
other classes such as Sacrier have a much stronger Incurable.
Sacrier's Incurable is close combat single target with WP cost, I think Fecastopheles is needed for Feca as it is a reliable damage source, also the Incurable. At least in PvP.
0 0
Scab|2015-09-15 00:34:06
Hybrid or Tribrid?
0 0
Score : 496

Wait a sec, no Tonic in pvp build? o.O Really? That sounds almost blasphemous. tongue 

1 0
Score : 771

i jst build class feca, just for PVM purpose, may i ask how much Range and Control normally needed for good buffing/shielding allies in PVE ?
thx

0 0
Score : 473
BetterThanBoxBox|2015-09-15 03:58:05
Scab|2015-09-15 00:34:06
Hybrid or Tribrid?
water/earth
0 0
Respond to this thread