FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Um... what's up with Feca's?

By July 18, 2015, 21:55:48
Reactions 40
Score : 457

Glyphs are strong but they're a bit unreliable, also they teamkill (not that it really matters most of the time). I would say glyphs are good if Ankama gives us back something to move glyphs around again. Currently because of the CD, once you set it down they're stuck there and if the mobs decide to walk off then... well, too bad.

And yeah, our amazingly low damage on our normal spells is why I dislike the idea of doing dpt as a feca at the moment. We practically lost damage while all other classes had their damage greatly increased.

As for what ggboyz said... I agree for the most part, it's true that support feca is honestly best used if you have either an alt, sidekick or a reliable partner with you that you can trust to not waste your support. Honestly supporting randoms and having them walk off and do crap is also fairly meh. I also mainly abuse ap glyphs by matching my ini with my alt to move just before it and cast ap glyphs as well as other general buffs.

0 0
Score : 33

After all the testing I've been doing for the past week or so, sometimes I wonder if critical hits are of any use for Fecas at this point. Glyph damage cannot crit, direct damage have too many limitations or high cost and are more valuable for the debuffs than damage. A Feca's passive block got reduced by a lot so block statting for characterstics seems mandatory at this point.

0 0
Score : 1831
piromasta|2015-07-19 02:53:42
Shame that magmatic's damage bonus can't stack with itself like fecastaff's damage debuff.
I want to mention this for those who have not noticed it yet when restating, but Feca Staff's debuff now has a limit. It can stack, but it is capped at -20%. been fixed.
0 0
demonfoxassassin|2015-07-23 17:58:46
Shame that magmatic's damage bonus can't stack with itself like fecastaff's damage debuff.
I want to mention this for those who have not noticed it yet when restating, but Feca Staff's debuff now has a limit. It can stack, but it is capped at -20%.

Feca Staff and Crashing Wave have had limits set to 20% upon spell deck release.
0 0
Score : 199
ggboyz|2015-07-23 18:00:38
demonfoxassassin|2015-07-23 17:58:46
I want to mention this for those who have not noticed it yet when restating, but Feca Staff's debuff now has a limit. It can stack, but it is capped at -20%.

Feca Staff and Crashing Wave have had limits set to 20% upon spell deck release.
The devs knew that a feca would try to reduce delt damage by 100% from the beginning...
0 0
Score : 1831

In that case, they fixed it.rolleyes 

0 0
Score : 3

Hey guys! Can anyone help me with two questions:

Does earth damage increase the amount of armor Orb gives (or water damage for Drip's armor)?

Also, Templarmor from the passive Leather Plating does not affect the Feca, right? It says "decreases/increases damage dealt to the ally of the Feca by -/+ 15%", so if I'm solo, I shouldn't get this?

Thanks in advance!

0 0
Nuxj-13|2015-07-23 19:05:11
Hey guys! Can anyone help me with two questions:

Does earth damage increase the amount of armor Orb gives (or water damage for Drip's armor)?

Also, Templarmor from the passive Leather Plating does not affect the Feca, right? It says "decreases/increases damage dealt to the ally of the Feca by -/+ 15%", so if I'm solo, I shouldn't get this?

Thanks in advance!

Elemental damage will increase armor provided by the armor of the same element. Templarmor doesn't affect the Feca. Hope that helps. You'll eventually have to party so keep that in mind it's really good in team play where your role probably shifts towards support-tanking.
0 0
Score : 4727
ggboyz|2015-07-23 15:08:02
Yes, Bubble Armor is really nice and all but it doesn't change the fact your direct damage spells are linear or have cast restrictions though, which is the bigger problem.
I'd call Bubble Armour a cra's best friend – +8% or +12% final damage if you have the Heightened Vision passive, depending on its level..

Jezebelle|2015-07-23 16:36:48
The impression I've been getting so far by testing is that feca dpt is actually quite high but is all focused in the glyphs; the single target attack spells are very low dpt and generally shouldn't be used unless they are being used for their secondary effect (ie. +lock/-crit/-block from natural attack etc).
Yes… I think that I agree with this. AoE looks fine, and it looks like the single-target spells are approximately in line with osa in human form.

Rolna|2015-07-23 17:03:56
Glyphs are strong but they're a bit unreliable, also they teamkill (not that it really matters most of the time). I would say glyphs are good if Ankama gives us back something to move glyphs around again. Currently because of the CD, once you set it down they're stuck there and if the mobs decide to walk off then... well, too bad.
Moving them would be nice, yes…

Maybe if the spells' cooldowns were removed, casting a glyph spell at another location would remove the previous one placed using that spell, maybe with a partial refund of the spell cost depending on lifetime remaining – never a full refund! – and maybe the existing glyph could be highlighted as a matter of convenience. The feca would have states whose levels show the turns remaining for the various glyphs (and it occurs to me that having some states visible only to you and your allies would be a good thing here).
0 0

I'm not sure if it's considered balanced for a Feca to have too much map control as well with glyphs. I think it's more likely that moving a glyph would be an expensive thing to do so that Feca doesn't end up being able to move 3 glyphs + re-armor each turn. Feca could at least use some range buffs though, there's too much restriction on that now with majority being linear.

0 0
Score : 570
ggboyz|2015-07-23 17:18:12
After all the testing I've been doing for the past week or so, sometimes I wonder if critical hits are of any use for Fecas at this point. Glyph damage cannot crit, direct damage have too many limitations or high cost and are more valuable for the debuffs than damage. A Feca's passive block got reduced by a lot so block statting for characterstics seems mandatory at this point.

I believe glyph damage can crit actually.
0 0
Jezebelle|2015-07-24 05:47:23

I believe glyph damage can crit actually.

You might want to re-test that again. It feels like it's going to become like Dofus back then where Feca would use weapon to do damage.
0 0
Score : 498

Glyphs dmg is good and there are lots of passives to buff them but they fall under the problem of old Sadi's (and a bit new Sadi too) dolls where you need the team to play around your mechanic.

They can be great in solo play and dedicated groups but in the kind of pick up groups most people have they fall quite flat. Perhaps a passive or a spell to protect allies from the affects of the glyph? I don't think it would make us OP but it would stop people from cursing you out if they get pushed or pulled or thrown by mobs into a -mp or worse -ap glyph.

0 0
Score : 457
To be honest I decided to flat out drop crits on my stats. Crit was useful before as a feca because crit armors equaled more shielding but now everything seems to be fixed even if you crit so... unless you're playing a dpt feca for god knows why, I don't actually see much merit in critting.

I believe this to be a good change however, as it means we can throw the points spent on crit into something else like backstab resist.
0 0
Score : 88

Hi, my little fecabo is level 154 now "Wiii" after years of strugle, with the "next month" in 2012, the revamp of the resistances etc...

I like how it`s now, I usually play with my feca offensive, and when it`s needed, a switch to tank, and ur ready to go.

6k life
950 fire damage
700 water/earth

295 Area damage smile

11AP
6PM

Y live happyly with my Daybreak Hammer.

Inversion + hammer + fire gliph + magma armor + inmunity = 11AP 3PM

0 0
Score : 508

OK, so, this is sort of late (sort of meaning a month) for this thread but hopefully some of you see it.

My build is a sort of Dpt build. what I use for damage is glyphs. the trick to keeping glyphs reliable is magma armor and steam. I keep seeing things about glyphs being unreliable, however, with provocation the way it is and with the two pulling moves fecas have now, they're pretty reliable and great for damage. Provocation removes all of your and all of the target's MP and stabilizes them. I also use flaming,which is where crits become viable, since flaming gets a bonus from a crit (flaming deals the same base damage as the spell you used to gain it so if you crit with that spell it's essentially a double crit provided the enemy is in close combat at the start of your next turn.)

As for non glyph using DPT builds, I've seen some, and they actually hit pretty hard. I'm not sure exactly how it was built but there are builds out there that work for it.

I completely agree with what's being said about support builds, a lot of people try to build for it but neglect parts of it. Final damage buffs from meteor combined with final damage from magma and final damage from an inversion is where support is really at, you can do all of that for 6 AP 1 MP and 1 or 2 WP and you really should if you truly want to be support build. combine that with the +4 range from steam armor and an AoE +1 range and +4 AP glyphs then you're everyone's favorite group member. I was once told by a max level feca, that in order for a feca to be useful, all they need is tonic glyph in their deck, and they're right. It bothers me to see fecas that are "support" builds never give out anything like bubble armor and AP glyphs. Even now, almost two months after the update, people still have screwy feca builds. I see a lot of good ones, but just as many sloppy ones are out there.

0 0
Score : 31

We use Feca-Iop sado-mazo combo biggrin
Iop need IopWrath

Feca teleport Iop to company of mobs, use Invercion with Temporal flux to gather mobs. All take -100 resist, Iop +20 FD. Use Magma (-80 resist mobs, +10 FD to Iop). +4AP to Iop with Tonic Gliph and very quick Immunity. Feca must have Leather Plating passive.

Then Iop do The BOOOM!!!

Mobs take up to 4000-9000 dmg from every IopWrath. We clear up to 5 mobs in 1 turn, doing 50000 DMG at all.

Why sado-mazo? Sometimes Feca can not cast Immunity...

0 0
Score : 7948
NotAnotherFlibble|2015-07-24 05:12:45
ggboyz|2015-07-23 15:08:02
Yes, Bubble Armor is really nice and all but it doesn't change the fact your direct damage spells are linear or have cast restrictions though, which is the bigger problem.
I'd call Bubble Armour a cra's best friend – +8% or +12% final damage if you have the Heightened Vision passive, depending on its level..
I'm pretty sure you'd rather me give you a 17% final damage buff from Meteorites than 4 range from Bubble Armor (that you don't need bc you already have a ton of range). And because of the way it works, you can only have one of the other.
0 0
Score : 2030
HealingHotness|2015-09-08 03:02:03
I'm pretty sure you'd rather me give you a 17% final damage buff from Meteorites than 4 range from Bubble Armor (that you don't need bc you already have a ton of range). And because of the way it works, you can only have one of the other.
True, but you can throw Bubble Armor on the Cra then never have to touch him again, while you have to keep reapplying Meteorites in order to keep that extra final damage going. I'd rather just slap the Cra with a Bubble Armor than constantly give him Meteorite Armor.
0 0
Score : 3374
daemonlordjames|2015-09-09 11:57:20
True, but you can throw Bubble Armor on the Cra then never have to touch him again, while you have to keep reapplying Meteorites in order to keep that extra final damage going. I'd rather just slap the Cra with a Bubble Armor than constantly give him Meteorite Armor.
Don't forget the most important part, the cra will become unlockable, for example, i multi account a feca and a cra. On the first turn i always slap bubble armor on cra. This means i'll never need to stat dodge, i will never need to roly poly outta an enemy. It means I can stat either Init + AP/MP removal or resistance instead of init+dodge. It means nothing can stop my cra, and it can reach any enemy, because with bubble armor I reach +12 range, no enemy is safe from my arrows. (also is really fun to see the whole map turn blue when trying to select an enemy with a no LoS arrow).
cool 

Also using meteorite in all allies each turn, its the most stupid thing i have seen a feca do. Because you can buff the whole party damage by using magmatic armor and staying close to key enemies.
0 0
Respond to this thread