FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Some new feca questions for the math people

By Rancidrode - MEMBER - July 08, 2015, 00:46:45

So changed to Feca a week before the revamp and now after revamp it's even more fun ! I went fire/earth but got bored of the earth spells quite fast so I'm in the process of locking some earth spells and leveling up some water ones ( an hour work got me 2 spells lvl 1 to 110, I'm 127 right now so that's a pretty nice feature they added ).

Now I was looking at Orb armor ( 77 earth shield ) VS Drip armor ( 29 water shield + 64 barrier ) and I'm wondering which one would be stronger. I have no intentions to switch back to Earth, this is purely informational. I know Orb armor stays active untill depleted while Drip has to be re-applied every turn, but Drip seems stronger because of the barrier + the barrier stat ontop of that.

0 0
Reactions 6
Score : 2163

I have both at the moment in hopes of one day knowing which is better. smile 

0 0
Score : 1370

Yeah I'm tempted to go more support oriented right now and go earth/water. Using Orb on myself ( cause I got barrier stat and 65% block ) and using Drip on close combat allies or squishy allies seems a good way to go.

0 0
Score : 10

drip is better on people who have huge resists to begin with (in order to maximize the reduction from barrier). the armour itself is pretty weak, and once exhausted you seem to lose the barrier from it.

orb is better on squishies, or if you expect to take one big hit - basically, places where the barrier isn't going to provide much mitigation. it's also good on someone who'll be getting hit over several turns, but not enough to destroy the armour so you don't have to cast it every turn.

0 0
Score : 200
Armeyer|2015-07-08 22:35:19
drip is better on people who have huge resists to begin with (in order to maximize the reduction from barrier). the armour itself is pretty weak, and once exhausted you seem to lose the barrier from it.

So... are we able to hide the drip armor under hp% as armor?
0 0
Score : 1681
piromasta|2015-07-09 00:04:39
If you are wondering if the barrier will stay on, my guess is yes. Orb armor stays on a character who had armor from aptitude until both are depleted, they practically merge. This also means there is no point in renewing Orb in that situation. The target will simply lose the armor they gained then gain it again. If they had less total armor than what Orb gives, renewing will top it off to that value. Using a 1 turn armor on someone with their starting armor on is a waste unless you expect them to lose it all in that turn. They will lose the full value of the 1 turn armor even if they are damaged that turn.
0 0
Score : 200
Szega|2015-07-15 02:58:27
piromasta|2015-07-09 00:04:39
If you are wondering if the barrier will stay on, my guess is yes. Orb armor stays on a character who had armor from aptitude until both are depleted, they practically merge. This also means there is no point in renewing Orb in that situation. The target will simply lose the armor they gained then gain it again. If they had less total armor than what Orb gives, renewing will top it off to that value. Using a 1 turn armor on someone with their starting armor on is a waste unless you expect them to lose it all in that turn. They will lose the full value of the 1 turn armor even if they are damaged that turn.
Yeah, this can currently be done using fogger's barricades near a player with drip biggrin

Suprisingly, i've seen people with orb armor in their buffs and having 0 armor, rather than no armor stat... good thing it didn't go negative once the armor was removed.
0 0
Respond to this thread