FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Feca's Secondary Damage Confusion

By - MEMBER - November 12, 2014, 04:47:17

I have a few things that i want to ask an experienced Feca:
Does Earth Shield and Glyph be affected by secondary damage ? If it does affects shields and glyphs, which type of secondary damage apply on shield/glyph ? ( Single target damage for shield and aoe damage for glyph for example )
Does the secondary damage like long ranged, close combat and backstab applies to glyph/amor ? And if it applies, it will be based on the postion of the Feca or the glyph ?

And lastly, can anyone please tell me which one of the secondary damage should i invest for a fire/water glyph Feca ?
Thanks
Sorry for the horrible english

0 0
Reactions 3
Score : 617
Powerful-Potato|2014-11-12 04:47:17
I have a few things that i want to ask an experienced Feca:
Does Earth Shield and Glyph be affected by secondary damage ? If it does affects shields and glyphs, which type of secondary damage apply on shield/glyph ? ( Single target damage for shield and aoe damage for glyph for example )
Does the secondary damage like long ranged, close combat and backstab applies to glyph/amor ? And if it applies, it will be based on the postion of the Feca or the glyph ?

And lastly, can anyone please tell me which one of the secondary damage should i invest for a fire/water glyph Feca ?
Thanks
Sorry for the horrible english
I have not done empirical testing on many of these regards, so please do take the replies i will give with a grain of salt.

Yes, Shield Outputs and Glyph damages are affected by "secondary damages" such as single target, multi target, backstabbing, etc. Essencialy, all damage types are valid when applicable. So a earth shield will profit from single target bonuses (earth spells are always single target atacks), but fire glyphs will use Multi-target bonuses.
Naturally, a non-damaging earth glyph (such as Fecammer -MP glyph) will not give shields as when this spell is used in "glyph" mode explicitly does not deal damage nor grant shields.
Similarly, backstab bonuses will never apply for shielding (either yourself with earth or allies with water).

As for positioning, i am pretty certain that glyphs take *your* position in account, not the glyphs. It will not matter if your fecastopheles glyph is right under a enemy, if you are 6 squares away it uses distance damage bonuses and not close combat damage bonuses.

In my experience water/fire combination is played as a heavily ranged damager (curious that the "resistance" class is played as if it was a Cra). Almost all water spells are distance-only, and some fire spells (notably Fecastopheles) are as well. Thus, i would suggest taking distance damage.
Crit damage is also helpfull.

As a range damager, backstab bonuses, as well as close combat bonuses, are less likely to be usefull.

Personaly, i think that the feca attack glyphs are very limited and usually avoid using them, and thus like single target damage as well.
But if you are decided to try to use glyphs (you did seem to explicitly say so), this may be detrimental.
0 0
Score : 249

thanks for the reply, i have one last question whether if critical damage increase damge on glyphs ? (other than inscrease glyph level) and does Final damage incrase damage of glyph as well.

0 0
Score : 6749
Powerful-Potato|2014-11-14 10:35:01
thanks for the reply, i have one last question whether if critical damage increase damge on glyphs ? (other than inscrease glyph level) and does Final damage incrase damage of glyph as well.
Yes to both!smile

-waterRizarealmfire 
0 0
Respond to this thread