FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Feca rant

By Papaya-PokPok October 08, 2014, 00:03:27

I have a 105 Feca, and he just feels so underwhelming in comparison to the other classes.

Maybe I am doing something wrong... I started out with Earth/Water and the damage was just so low. I generally play with a full group, so most xp grind battles generally end in 3-4 turns.

Wasting my first turn to cast Steam Glyph + Crushing Wave Armor on self really slow the pace of my game play down. Not to mention that since my initiative is low from being forced to spend stat points into lock, this pretty much means that I only get about 2-3 meaningful turns to do anything before the battle ends.

The ability to tank is kinda meh. Maybe I am just not there yet, but the concept of needing a tank to me is far inferior to having a high damage group and spreading the damage around. Not to mention that I generally play with a Sac already or if there is a spot open, we have a high level Trank,which is frigging godlike for chaining fights and making the needs for tanks moot.

I am also thinking that going full lock is a bad idea because I always start close to last, so I am always taking a lot of damage on the first turn before I could get my shields up. Because of this, even if I cast steam glyph on self, I still take a lot of damage because it would be taking near two full turns for the glyph to take effect.

I switched to Earth/Fire and my experience is slightly better, but it still feels quite lacking. The flaming carpet glyph does low damage and zone my teammates out. Natural Attack feels like the only good fire spell. By going fire, it did increase my damage by quite a bit, but Feca as a whole still does a lot less damage in comparison to everyone else.

The Feca I remember from two years ago were both awesome at supporting the group and still doing quite a bit of damage after setting up the glyphes, is this no longer the case? I hate it that the AP glyph is now just one single tile and you can only cast it once per turn. It feels like the only viable "support" thing you can do now is steam glyph.

Am I just playing my feca wrong? Or is this the state of the class in PVE.

0 0
Reactions 2
Score : 633

I rolled a Feca for the first time recently and have been having a blast.

I went fire with supporting water and earth spells. I'm level 32 but I've been stating Ini whenever that characteristic comes around after leveling.

If you want to have fun supporting I think you should look into armors like Fecabo, and bubble armor. Here are a few things that i really liked about in the support/tactics aspect of fecas.

Fecabo's really nice if you pull it off on a high lock monster. You can move it closer to you and away from your ally by 2 cells REGARDLESS of the distance if the armor is already applied. Bubble armor is again free 1 range. Though 1 cell AP glyph sucks, consider that you can make multiple ap glyphs and anyone needing an extra ap can position them on it to prepare for the next turn and the glyph is available for ~ 3 turns. And drip + armor is really nice. You can dodge ANYTHING for just 2 ap.

Finally if you can combo off the glyph movement spells with the particular glyph, you're ensuring greater damage output per turn. I.e. hit enemy with the spell used for movement and keep glyph right underneath them. Oh and one awesome thing I probably shouldn't share: Glyph teleportation will place all glyphs of the same type under your target. Imagine stacking 3 steam glyphs or 3 flame glyphs over the same tile area. Also consider casting crashing wave barriers on the enemies. That way there's no guesswork on which ally you should protect - the barrier will reduce 50% of the enemy's damage before it hits its target.

-Blue Axle

0 0
Score : 200
megasstrdex|2014-10-08 12:38:07
Finally if you can combo off the glyph movement spells with the particular glyph, you're ensuring greater damage output per turn. I.e. hit enemy with the spell used for movement and keep glyph right underneath them. Oh and one awesome thing I probably shouldn't share: Glyph teleportation will place all glyphs of the same type under your target. Imagine stacking 3 steam glyphs or 3 flame glyphs over the same tile area.
-Blue Axle

Steam glyph armor doesn't stack with itself. The only time that it will is during the Feca's turn and they cast multiple steam glyphs near themselves.
0 0
Respond to this thread