FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Confused with the builds and stuff

By RagingWolves - MEMBER - July 29, 2014, 03:00:41

Hey, i started really to like wakfu and i tried all the classes but feca is one of the most awesome class for me biggrin. The only problem is i searched a bit in the class forum and i really got confused with the builds and stats and i dont know which elements fit the most. can someone help me to get closer with these informations?
i thought about a earth/water build but im not sure...

0 0
Reactions 25
Score : 1749

Trust me, if you're new to Wakfu don't start with a feca; it's just going to complicate things.

0 0
Score : 828
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 03:27:41
Trust me, if you're new to Wakfu don't start with a feca; it's just going to complicate things.
Don't listen to this guy. If you enjoy feca by all means go for it. It isn't as difficult as he is making it out to be.
0 -1
Score : 159

Thx for the replies smile i really enjoy playing as a feca and yeah wakfu is kinda special because of the skill lvl system but thats something new and hey maybe i will make a good build by trying tongue as i said i will try with water/earth and skill the stats like blocking, critical hit, range and the rest of the points for chance and strength i guess biggrin. only problem is i dont really understand how to use the shields and attacks and which of the attacks are more important.. (sorry for confusing) ^^'

0 0
Drowns|2014-07-29 03:35:42
Don't listen to this guy. If you enjoy feca by all means go for it. It isn't as difficult as he is making it out to be.
LOL, please, I see people that struggle to use a iop, imagine a feca.
0 -1
Score : 828
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 04:18:09
If he wants to play feca he should play one. IF he sees trouble then he sees trouble and he can deal with it then, if that means he comes back asking for help so be it. That said nothing, including potential difficulty, will make someone stop playing faster than playing something they don't enjoy.

I personally find Feca to be rather simple in use. Especially when compared to things like Xelor. I am even finding earth Osamoda provides more difficulty when it comes to things like positioning than Feca does in general.

To be frank earth feca in particular is easy. The other two require only a moderate amount more effort.

You provide no constructive material to a conversation by simply saying, "This class is too hard go play another".
0 0
Drowns|2014-07-29 04:46:12
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 04:18:09
If he wants to play feca he should play one. IF he sees trouble then he sees trouble and he can deal with it then, if that means he comes back asking for help so be it. That said nothing, including potential difficulty, will make someone stop playing faster than playing something they don't enjoy.

I personally find Feca to be rather simple in use. Especially when compared to things like Xelor. I am even finding earth Osamoda provides more difficulty when it comes to things like positioning than Feca does in general.

To be frank earth feca in particular is easy. The other two require only a moderate amount more effort.

You provide no constructive material to a conversation by simply saying, "This class is too hard go play another".
He doesn't know the mechanics, he doesn't know the game, nor the AIs, nor how (most) of the battle effect works, and if you and see a Feca by the mathematic experiments, oh please, it's just a total mess.

If you find a Xelor difficult, obviously you don't know how to fully use a Feca. You're level 46, honestly, if you think you "fully experienced a Feca" you might as well just get off this argument for your hypocrisy. Earth osas are easy, you really just have to worry about whether going dragon or gobgob; both are easy to use (Compared to a Feca), because there's really not much of a logic behind it, but with the gobgob you just have to learn the secondary effects (Easy as pie).

Full Earth Feca works, but again, it's complicated looking at the mathematic part compared to other classes. Crushing Wave and Steam in Water have the same problem, probably Fire is the easiest to use but hardest to master.

I did actually say "Go play another class" because if I started talking about all the flaws and pros about the feca his mind would have easily melted for all the information coming through.
0 -1
Score : 76
I'm with Drowns -- if you love it, go for it. I personally don't have a lot of Feca experience, but I play with one regularly. It seems that once you get the hang of the glyphs, the game just becomes more amazing for everyone in your group. I don't know why Trolololo4 is trying to rob you of that experience. sad
0 0
Score : 2

Someone should just put the information up, since that is what he asked for.

I'm curious as well.

0 0
Petizzle|2014-07-29 07:05:24

I'm curious as well.

This is the second Thread where newcomers (Like me) have question about fecas, the way they should be played and a simple guideline to the class.

And for the record, the second thread "Trololo4" demolishes new players, and also dont recommend the class even though we are having fun! Not all of us came to Wakfu to Theorycraft (I already do this on WoW).
I up the vote on information wise, since the guides are for High levels, the game is now F2P and have soo much newcomers, we should not be introduced to the game as leechers to high level content. This game so far for me (ingame) have one of the best communities ive found so far in MMORPGs.

Please bring the infos to us.

-Kruncha 
0 0
Score : 4170

NOTE: I'm a Fogger and a Xelor (both past 150) so my experience with Feca is only what I've seen, but I'm going to try to breath some life into the INFORMATION REQUESTED in the hopes that someone more experienced comes and either corrects me more helps steer this conversation in the right direction.

I'm not going to insult your intelligence by trying to describe the classes purpose (I'm sure your very adept at reading class descriptions and spell effects)

I will instead try to decode a guildmate of mines, build (as best as I can).

Ultramonte, arguably one of if not the best Feca (level 155) on Nox appears to run a hybrid of Earth and Water.

For spells, I believe he uses Drip, Crashing Wave, Feca Hammer and Feca Staff (those spells are the one's I primarily see him use)

He is the epitome of a tank and I think at this point is running with 100 Block and a large amount of Lock as well. Specialties I would be taking stabs in the dark but obviously Glyph/Armor, Peace Armor, Teleportation Flux, Inversion, Untouchable(?), Refection(?), Iron Clad(?), Stabilization Aura.

The specialties obviously are going to be a majority of them simply because he's at end game, the order and priority are well above my head seeing as I've never even played the class myself haha.

Stat Points, I'm assuming, would go something like AP, MP, Range, Lock? Maybe a little bit into something else? To be honest I'm not entirely sure. In my experience AP is never a problem for him since he can give himself AP through glyphs. He hardly ever spends WP unless he's teleporting something. Inversion is lovely since his defenses can get to godly proportions (I've seen him to upwards of 900 resistance).

Disregarding the downers, I say go for the class! I think the key is quite literally in just understanding the costs of the spells rather than the complexity of each spells secondary effects. Cast Armor on yourself and your opponent, then turn your opponents armor into Crashing Wave Armor and that'll give monster and player alike hell to break through.

Xelor in my opinion is "complicated" simply because things change for the class every turn. Learning things like the tick tock state, what your spells will be doing every turn cycle, and how to manage your AP is essential. Which at the end of the day isn't necessarily that hard as much as it is a learning experience. The only class I would never recommend to a first time player is Stasis Foggernaut at that's not even complicated, it's just a pain in the ass to gear for lol.

Well I'm ranting now, I HOPE this spurs some helpful advice (seeing as I'm not the best source of Feca help lol).

0 0
John-Hersir|2014-07-29 15:25:55
Petizzle|2014-07-29 07:05:24

I'm curious as well.

This is the second Thread where newcomers (Like me) have question about fecas, the way they should be played and a simple guideline to the class.

And for the record, the second thread "Trololo4" demolishes new players, and also dont recommend the class even though we are having fun! Not all of us came to Wakfu to Theorycraft (I already do this on WoW).
I up the vote on information wise, since the guides are for High levels, the game is now F2P and have soo much newcomers, we should not be introduced to the game as leechers to high level content. This game so far for me (ingame) have one of the best communities ive found so far in MMORPGs.

Please bring the infos to us.

-Kruncha
LOL, fine, please take your time and read my last post again, maybe you'll start understanding the basic hidden difficulties of a Feca. It's not all about "Oh look I can use this glyph, I'M THE MASTER OF FECAS", honestly. Again, a low-level feca is useless in team and can't level up alone in a fast way, so get leeched/do questlines/come up with some strategy to level up alone (Usually ends up in a hybrid build because of the different AIs). I'm not demolishing new players, I'm saying that you're not just ready to take a serious path in the use of a Feca, since your knowledge on the game is scarce.

Fizzlers|2014-07-29 07:04:49
I'm with Drowns -- if you love it, go for it. I personally don't have a lot of Feca experience, but I play with one regularly. It seems that once you get the hang of the glyphs, the game just becomes more amazing for everyone in your group. I don't know why Trolololo4 is trying to rob you of that experience. sad
Even if you get the hang of the glyphs, you still have no experience how to use them, the mathematical formula behind it, if it has localized damage, whether or not it's going to be useful at long-time terms, if it's worth the cost of the placement. There are some mechanicals that are useful end-game and some that aren't till midgame.

Honestly you should first fully experience the game with another, less complex character just to get the hang of it, but ok, just do a shot in the dark with your morals up and think you can hit the target, but trust me- You won't.
0 0
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 16:13:35
Even if you get the hang of the glyphs, you still have no experience how to use them, the mathematical formula behind it, if it has localized damage, whether or not it's going to be useful at long-time terms, if it's worth the cost of the placement. There are some mechanicals that are useful end-game and some that aren't till midgame.

Honestly you should first fully experience the game with another, less complex character just to get the hang of it, but ok, just do a shot in the dark with your morals up and think you can hit the target, but trust me- You won't.
If I may be so bold as to make a recommendation, instead of telling an infant to stick to crawling before you think to walk, would it not be more constructive to aid the infant in the concept of standing?

My poorly made metaphor aside, my first serious class was foggernaut (early release), and I turned out alright. They are new, not stupid, I'm sure with an experienced player's well versed and properly explained guidance, they can make their own educated decisions on where to proceed.

But, that's just a thought smile
0 0
Wareen-Peace|2014-07-29 16:38:04

If I may be so bold as to make a recommendation, instead of telling an infant to stick to crawling before you think to walk, would it not be more constructive to aid the infant in the concept of standing?

My poorly made metaphor aside
Very poor.

According to your metaphor they should skip the basics of the game?
0 0
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 16:49:39

Very poor.

I see there has been some confusion.

My metaphor merely pursues the idea that telling one they will not succeed and to try another route entirely (telling an infant they have no hope of walking) instead of giving them guidance on how the class is managed properly (showing the infant how to stand) is both in bad taste and frankly rude.

What if I told you to stick to another more simple game because Wakfu itself is complicated? What If I told you to stick to elementary school because College is more difficult? Are you seeing a pattern?

I'm not ignoring the fact that they are new, I'm simply suggesting that before you criticize their decision, maybe you should give them some insight into how the class is played properly, as per the OP's request.

But, that need not matter, I'll simply ask someone knowledgeable and convey the ins and outs of the class later, you need not bother your time with this thread any longer smile.
0 0
Wareen-Peace|2014-07-29 17:10:19
Trolololo4|2014-07-29 16:49:39

Very poor.

I see there has been some confusion.

My metaphor merely pursues the idea that telling one they will not succeed and to try another route entirely (telling an infant they have no hope of walking) instead of giving them guidance on how the class is managed properly (showing the infant how to stand) is both in bad taste and frankly rude.

What if I told you to stick to another more simple game because Wakfu itself is complicated? What If I told you to stick to elementary school because College is more difficult? Are you seeing a pattern?

I'm not ignoring the fact that they are new, I'm simply suggesting that before you criticize their decision, maybe you should give them some insight into how the class is played properly, as per the OP's request.

But, that need not matter, I'll simply ask someone knowledgeable and convey the ins and outs of the class later, you need not bother your time with this thread any longer smile.
My argument wasn't about sticking to the simple because the hard is difficult, I'm saying that you should first experience the simple so you have a basic for the difficult.
0 0

Hello, thank you for the help ^^'. I will try my best with this class and maybe i will finally understand how to use a feca i guess. tongue But if not its not a big deal i can still try other classes, its not like it will be the end of the world if i dont master this class its just because i enjoy the style of it. hahaha biggrin 

0 0
Score : 617

I would like to add a bit of clarification regarding tanking in a more general aspect (which was mentioned above).

Although this is admittedly my view on the subject and i am certain there are players that will disagree, I am pretty sure that any disagreement's would be result of different game-play experiences and, for at least a fraction of the game, what i am about to say is valid.

I often (here and in other threads) see people say something like "ah, make a earth feca, it is a good tank".
Firstly, i would like to clarify what i understand is meant when you state a character (feca or otherwise) is of a element: Saying that a class is "fire" or "earth" implies that they seek items that increase that element damage, and they take spells of that element. A fire Ecaflip will take fire spells to maximize his spell levels and thus base damage and fire damage percentages, and seek appropriate fire damage items. A "dual element" fire/water Enu will, similarly, take spells in those two trees and items for both those damage types.

Now, tanking requires locking creatures down and usually some for of map control to make the enemies come adjacent to you so you *can* lock them down.

Higher level items with lock frequently have no damage values, or very small damage values if compared to equivalent items of that rarity and level, in a way that it is unreliable to have a "tank" with viable damaging capability.

Because tanks will prioritize resistances and lock for his tanking functionality, I have always believed it is a contradiction to describe a tank character by any element. For higher level content a group may be concerned about having damage dealers capable of attacking with all elements within the group, to strike the enemies varied vulnerabilities. Since tanks will not be a reliable damage source for any element, it may even be misleading to say you are a "earth" feca if you are actually a tank.

And because the items give lower damage values, feca tanks often (if not always) are tri-element, to have a larger toolkit of armors for their group. High level volcano can lower a enemy resistance considerably and will likely give your group more damage then you ever could deal yourself. Many armors and glyphs can be helpful if leveled.

But because of this low damage, leveling as a tank is extremely slow unless you are grouped. Don't expect to solo dungeons and such, even if considerably higher level.

Of course, a player can level his feca as some sort of element combination (say water/earth), with damage items, and "tank' the low level monsters he fights will leveling with his group. I just wanted to clarify that once you are passing level 100, this will not work for many enemies (not enough lock to tank). Then you will be forced to chose to respec to become a actual tank, respec to become a damage dealer (earth spells have low base damage and are usually a poor DD choice), or stay as you are (which may very well not be optimal for either group role).
It is a bit of a text wall, and not all information is entirely relevant for a very new player, but i do think it is important they realize what they are getting into.

0 0
RagingWolves|2014-07-29 19:36:49
Hello, thank you for the help ^^'. I will try my best with this class and maybe i will finally understand how to use a feca i guess. tongue But if not its not a big deal i can still try other classes, its not like it will be the end of the world if i dont master this class its just because i enjoy the style of it. hahaha biggrin
I hope (the ranting aside) that something here will help you biggrin

Trolololo4|2014-07-29 18:43:04
My argument wasn't about sticking to the simple because the hard is difficult, I'm saying that you should first experience the simple so you have a basic for the difficult.
I find that you deciding the difficulty level of a class for others to use effectively simply amazing, you must be a wise and powerful Feca, I salute you in this regard.

Also, sticking to the simple, as you so crudely put does not hold much weight in regards to another class. Reusing my metaphor, now you are stating, roll over since walking is difficult and rolling over will help you learn to walk. They will not obtain knowledge of a Feca from an Osa or a Sac. Just as you did not learn Feca by being a long standing player. Witnessing gameplay, studying mechanics, and trial and error are the way we learn, stop attempting to rob them of the opportunity.

It is my sincerest hope that you resign yourself from this conversation. Not only are you not being constructive, but I admittedly, have begun to indulge in unhelpful spouts of words as well.

I apologize to those who have been subjugated to such a pointless exchange.

Later tonight I will attempt to transcribe a comprehensive understanding of the class from my friends experiences. I'll post it here, if you would be so patient with me..
0 0
Wareen-Peace|2014-07-29 22:13:28
RagingWolves|2014-07-29 19:36:49
I hope (the ranting aside) that something here will help you biggrin

Trolololo4|2014-07-29 18:43:04
They will not obtain knowledge of a Feca from an Osa or a Sac. Just as you did not learn Feca by being a long standing player. Witnessing gameplay, studying mechanics, and trial and error are the way we learn, stop attempting to rob them of the opportunity.
Actually, every class has different effects, but if you at least try one of these cause and effect classes you can easily have a basis for Fecas, so you won't look like a caveman with a computer. I'm not depriving anybody from any chance of having an experience, but you can still try other classes and have a small background on the feca, knowing how the Wakfu mechanics work. Also, this way you can learn the AIs of the game, how it works generally, the maps etc. etc. since not knowing how to use a Feca usually ends up with a death.
0 0
Respond to this thread