FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Feedback on Provocation

By YetAnotherNewbie - MEMBER - February 14, 2014, 18:25:37
Reactions 42
Score : 13894
Rokugatsu|2014-03-24 23:53:01
I did the same because I didn't hear anything nice about it.
I wish it would work better, we really need something to bring mobs to us. Because of the high res, many times I'm just ignored, and with the new island where mobs can't get locked because they run away, it's almost impossible to tank them.

Another reason why i preferred to give AP to allies instead of tank with my Feca. You can certainly tank at an acceptable level but I don't find many uses for tanks in the content i do.

Provocation seems to be a PvP skill in a game with no reason to PvP.
0 0
Score : 304
Rokugatsu|2014-03-24 23:53:01
I did the same because I didn't hear anything nice about it.
I wish it would work better, we really need something to bring mobs to us. Because of the high res, many times I'm just ignored, and with the new island where mobs can't get locked because they run away, it's almost impossible to tank them.

Those mobs are irritating to try to tank them. And the only mob that seems to approach ur tank is the scorpion that ended up giving u lead legs.. sad If provocation works, it wouldn't be so bad, but if it doesn't work so well, what can u do as a tank with lead legs that can't move, and can't lock anything?
0 0
Score : 88

Feedback on provocation..

I thing it`s like at the start of the gold, when they buged the ocras like hell... It loocks like it`s working but NOPE.jpg

I still regreat leveling it again, after the "Buff"

I trusted ankama last time....

"Lies, lies everywhere"

Lowest resistance of the party, provocation. ANDDDDD still ignore me..... and go for a FUKING OSAMODAS SUMON? You are joking me right? RIGHT?

Ankama, as ankama being ankama.
bugs bugs everywhere.

Ah and don`t get luky and find a bug that helps you. BAN.

0 0
Score : 9247

It's not bugged, it's just not a good spell.

0 0
Score : 243

I sort of believe the biggest problem with provocation is not the fact that "monsters don't direct all damage to you" considering in some scenarios it can't be helped. A good few mobs seem to have a sort of skill use limit on each player so it has to attack different people to maximize damage and the AI seems to revolve around trying to do as much damage as it can before ending turn. Provocation in that scenario only serves to ensure that at least one of those attacks goes to the Feca but nothing more than that.

The main problem is that in order to provoke a monster into doing that, we have to spend 3ap which is a pretty significant sum. And if we want to constantly do it, we have to spend it every turn. Having less AP means having less AP to use for shielding and that's obviously no good. Especially if you want to provoke multiple monsters. I would honestly like it if provoke at least lasted for 2 turns or more so that we don't have to constantly recast it.

That said I have noticed some odd scenarios where the mob will just incomprehensibly ignore the Feca. Hopefully the latest patch fixed that part of things.

0 0
Score : 3399

i think provocation function is something like

1 0

Spend 5ap and put Crashing Wave Armor on the target, consider it provoked in a way that actually makes a difference.

0 0
Score : 1441

Feca isn't my main, and haven't had been using provocation before this spell's fix (that were supposed to take place on one of hotfixes), hence my question - is provocation supposed to have pvp effect (50% final res for allies against provoked monster) in pve? Because I'm quite sure it works like that in pve. Or is it this upgrade of provocation they promised?

0 0
Score : 3399
semcorda|2014-04-06 23:08:45
Feca isn't my main, and haven't had been using provocation before this spell's fix (that were supposed to take place on one of hotfixes), hence my question - is provocation supposed to have pvp effect (50% final res for allies against provoked monster) in pve? Because I'm quite sure it works like that in pve. Or is it this upgrade of provocation they promised?
nop, it doesnt work like that in pve, that would be gamebreaking and we would farm dp and wa on our lvl105 alts all day long.
0 0
Score : 88

Captain Ducky report in

Still not working.

End Log.

0 0
Score : 6701

How good is provocation now? Or is it better to invest in something else?huh

-waterRizarealmfire 

0 0

I've never bothered to test it extensively. Feca have so many good specialties I simply don't see the value in provoke.

I'd love to be shown why it's useful. If respecing was easy or free I'd test it for sure. tongue 

0 0
Score : 614
SeriousBelly|2014-06-05 03:15:14
How good is provocation now? Or is it better to invest in something else?huh

-waterRizarealmfire
I would say it now works, but it remains unreliable.

Basically, using provoke often does make monsters target you when they obviously otherwise would not, but on occasions you will use it appropriately (in moving range of a unlocked monster with only CC atacks, for example), and still see it be completely ignored.

I still think it is a design flaw for a ability to have the possibility to not grant its effect, but i do prefer this specialty for a tank feca over perfect armor (but not over tele flux).

Of course, wither it is worth investing in for you really depends on what build you are aiming for.
0 0

Perfect Armor saves lives, fact.

It's a shield that blocks all dmg for a turn. Many classes have an entire branch devoted to shielding allies. Feca's get a 3AP 1WP shield that's superior to every other shield in the game when it comes to reducing dmg received. There is really no reason not to take it unless your parties include two Fecas.

0 0
Score : 3692

Yeah, just came here to make a post on this very thing. This spell definitely needs a re-do. I'm not seeing any convincing rewards for spending 3 AP on this spell.

I do see some things, but not worth 3 AP for the monster to attack me once if it's near me.
Also, I don't know if it's just mine, but, monsters straight up avoid my Feca. A large trade off for defense—attack, and I'm being denied the opportunity to do that, defend.

Much better to just Crashing Wave them.

0 0
IDCAA|2014-06-15 06:25:00
Also, I don't know if it's just mine, but, monsters straight up avoid my Feca. A large trade off for defense—attack, and I'm being denied the opportunity to do that, defend.

Much better to just Crashing Wave them.

Mobs avoid targets with high resist if they have a weaker target in range. Not hard to find when maps are small and mobs have massive range/mp.

I gear attack over defense on my Feca and it's the only way i feel i get the most out of it. As a DPS or shielder you need the offensive stats to be effective. I try to get into positions to get hit before allies but it isn't easy. I'm fine with 70 block and less res while inversion is active. I'm still tankier than any other class so i help reduce dmg the team takes.

I agree, it's much better to wave them.
0 0
Score : 7899

Im sure its been suggested - but if all inversion does is trick the targeted enemy into thinking you have lower resist, shouldn't it be self castable? This way it could trick all enemy ai into thinking you have, idk, 400 less resist than you normally have? :x

not sure how it would translate into pvp though - is it used in pvp? or is it too cost heavy?

0 0
Score : 3692
Soundtrack8|2014-06-15 15:24:39
Im sure its been suggested - but if all inversion does is trick the targeted enemy into thinking you have lower resist, shouldn't it be self castable? This way it could trick all enemy ai into thinking you have, idk, 400 less resist than you normally have? :x

not sure how it would translate into pvp though - is it used in pvp? or is it too cost heavy?
I'm guessing you're referring to provocation, and not inversion, which we like and see use in. That would make more sense for it to be self castable. But, that would make too much sense. Heresy.

In terms of PvP, it requires you to be in a battle with an ally on your side. So alone, that would mean 0% usefulness. What would be great is if they made it so that whatever has this debuff, monster or player, cannot target anything but the Feca.

Edit:
@Gyn: Yep, sadly I've come to the same conclusion. I originally made this Feca to be an ultra tank. So I aim to be as defensive as possible as I can, which would make use of the game's current lock system to keep enemies near and off allies, while taking little to no dmg from the toughest bosses or monsters..

..but, tests I've done pretty much puts things yet again in favour of just stacking damage and trying to mow things down. Having a lot of resist I've learned, just means they avoid me. High lock? Walk around me. Lower their range? Spell fixed range, no difference.

I don't think this game cators to the likes of me anymore. I'm not looking to just stack dmg and seeing if I can kill something in 1 or 2 turns faster than the next guy. No tactics. If you use any, you're just wasting time, or delaying your inevitable death/loss.
0 0

For the toughest content you need both, a plan and good DPS. You only sacrifice DPS when a 'weaker' class has a skill needed for the tactics you plan to use in the fight. That is Wakfu.

For any lower level content... you need Enu's.

0 0
Score : 6701
Gynrei|2014-06-16 15:34:02
For the toughest content you need both, a plan and good DPS. You only sacrifice DPS when a 'weaker' class has a skill needed for the tactics you plan to use in the fight. That is Wakfu.

For any lower level content... you need Enu's.
And annoying mechanics like lenalds.<_<

-waterRizarealmfire 
0 0
Respond to this thread