FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

lol at 1 WP Guile

By boink February 16, 2012, 09:13:23

I don't know what Ankama was thinking, but you just made srams more OP with 1 WP Guile. Now we are more mobile than ever.

Sure WP sounds like it would be a balance, but srams are about closing the gap and bursting you down quickly. Sure there were people who spammed scram to used Guile many times in one turn, but that was not a huge source of damage.

Guile is used to close gaps, and get/keep your backstab bonus going. With the WP, now cost we can close range with our available mp and use the WP on Guile.

1v1 battles never last longer than a few turns once you get in range. Group PVP is a different story.

0 -1
Reactions 11
Score : -6

You must not have a very high lvl sram at all because I honestly don't see how the now 1wp Guile makes Sram more op.

First off this game is game is not based on 1vs1 battles not even half the time... not even a small percent of the time. In fact at higher levels, you will rarely find any mobb that has just 1 enemy to attack.

With that being said the sacrifice of a wp to get behind the enemy greatly limits most of the srams spells, mainly all water attacks and most air. Also Srams have never had a problem being mobile as it is one of their main strengths being that they dont have any long range spells, they have to be mobile or they would get nerfed by anyone with a bow.

Even pvp battles will not be 1v1 for the most part so if you plan on using Guile every turn, u will find yourself dead very quickly. I assume that from this comment that you have only just scratched the surface of this game and dont understand how greatly this "debuff" has affected the Sram class.

I personally am not complaining as it just means that new strategies must be formulated for this class but to say that this makes sram more powerful is not only an insult to the class but a very noob comment.

0 0
Score : 1716

@Reap: Doubting the potential power of something is the greatest flaw someone can make when it comes to combat. You would be wise to remember that.

The new cost hasn't made battles any harder for myself; infact, battles have been easier.happy 

0 0
Score : 955
Reapwhatyousow|2012-02-16 10:31:05
You must not have a very high lvl sram at all because I honestly don't see how the now 1wp Guile makes Sram more op.

First off this game is game is not based on 1vs1 battles not even half the time... not even a small percent of the time. In fact at higher levels, you will rarely find any mobb that has just 1 enemy to attack.

With that being said the sacrifice of a wp to get behind the enemy greatly limits most of the srams spells, mainly all water attacks and most air. Also Srams have never had a problem being mobile as it is one of their main strengths being that they dont have any long range spells, they have to be mobile or they would get nerfed by anyone with a bow.

Even pvp battles will not be 1v1 for the most part so if you plan on using Guile every turn, u will find yourself dead very quickly. I assume that from this comment that you have only just scratched the surface of this game and dont understand how greatly this "debuff" has affected the Sram class.

I personally am not complaining as it just means that new strategies must be formulated for this class but to say that this makes sram more powerful is not only an insult to the class but a very noob comment.

1) 72 AIr sram. Yourself?
2) PVE I regularly 1v3-4 mobs. You need to learn map control and, ai, and how much dmg output you can do.
3) WP costs has affected all srams across the board that use double, scram or invisible. I never said srams had a problem being mobile. This change has made us more mobile.
4) As I said, group PVP is different. If you are gonna Guile into the back of an enemy, where their buddies are, you are gonna die anyway.
5) I have only just scratched the surface. How far have you gotten?
6) Personal comments such as noob, etc. are childish.
0 0
Score : 159

More Mobility does not equal More Sustained Damage. They murdered the Air and Water trees for the Sram with the 1WP Guile. Yeah it may seem easy vs single mobs or seem easy after you already reached lvl 72 before the nerf, try making a Sram from scratch and see how terribly weak it will be. Specially after the HP nerf as well. Both Water and Air trees require you to be behind your enemy to make use of your skill bonus...now you have only 6 limited times to close the gap and appear behind them. You are also are forced to decide between 3 good skills that use WPs: Invisible, Double, or Guile. If you decide to use 2, u run out of WP in a matter of 3 turns...But hey I can move around the battle a lot more now, that's a plus right?

0 0
Score : 862
boink|2012-02-16 11:03:44
Reapwhatyousow|2012-02-16 10:31:05

1) 72 AIr sram. Yourself?
2) PVE I regularly 1v3-4 mobs. You need to learn map control and, ai, and how much dmg output you can do.
3) WP costs has affected all srams across the board that use double, scram or invisible. I never said srams had a problem being mobile. This change has made us more mobile.
4) As I said, group PVP is different. If you are gonna Guile into the back of an enemy, where their buddies are, you are gonna die anyway.
5) I have only just scratched the surface. How far have you gotten?
6) Personal comments such as noob, etc. are childish.

Owned by a respectable, valid and logical response.

+1.
0 0
Score : 955
0mni|2012-02-16 17:45:34
More Mobility does not equal More Sustained Damage. They murdered the Air and Water trees for the Sram with the 1WP Guile. Yeah it may seem easy vs single mobs or seem easy after you already reached lvl 72 before the nerf, try making a Sram from scratch and see how terribly weak it will be. Specially after the HP nerf as well. Both Water and Air trees require you to be behind your enemy to make use of your skill bonus...now you have only 6 limited times to close the gap and appear behind them. You are also are forced to decide between 3 good skills that use WPs: Invisible, Double, or Guile. If you decide to use 2, u run out of WP in a matter of 3 turns...But hey I can move around the battle a lot more now, that's a plus right?

I do agree with you though that earlier lvling is probably harder, if its taking more than 6 WP for a PVE battle, then you must have gotten use to Sram powerlvling monsters way above their level. If you have the points put into double, you will double bomb. If you have the pts in master stabber you will forb and stab.
0 0
Score : 6592

Your turn:
Cast Double

Double's turn:
Move 3 spaces, use Fourberie/Guile. 7 unit spaces in one turn with 6+ AP remaining.

Is it OP? If you have enough base MP to kite, then yeah.

0 0
Score : 1076

I'll make it easy for everyone:

Srams are fine. Change double so it, well, acts like a double, not a missile. Backstab/master stabber/guile are fine. Mobility is fine, other classes aren't any less mobile.

Edit: Some classes are less mobile, some classes aren't. But that's the beauty of having different classes, now isn't it? Some classes will just naturally be less apt at PvP. Deal with it.

0 0
Score : 345

Ok ppl that dont understand why 1 wp is an issue guess what else with a sram uses 1 wp >.> Double, scram (1 more mp), shadow trap, invisibility, and Guile, i like to guile into a double. thats 2 wp first turn theres only 6 and guile is damn near neccesary for backstab to go up each turn and say i need to escape and go invisible but want to keep my backstab rate whats your only option b/c invisibility also take all ur ap and 1 wp T_T its guile so by at least turn 4 ish your *** outa luck

0 0
Score : 3368

if the sram sneak peek is right. it getting change back to mp cost and will give a -50% dmg. not sure if that is 50% final dmg or just element dmg. but seem like the 1 wp didnt work out.

0 0
Score : 345

No complaints here

0 0
Respond to this thread