FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Another water sram thread

By February 05, 2012, 08:46:06

Hi. Just reached level 31 as a water sram and have been enjoying it a lot. Have some questions that I hope people can give insight to:

1) So far, I've been putting all my points in HP. I've been toying with the idea of investing in crit since the thought of taking 2AP with one petty is so darn tempting. Anyone ever tried this? How much crit do you have to have for it to proc often enough?

2) I've been thinking about sets to aim for once I hit 40+. I've been eyeing the shark set especially since it gives +crit. But it led me to thinking: what stats should I really aim for nearing end game? +water damage? +lock? +backstab? Heck, maybe even more HP? (Anyone got any gear recommendations? :p)

3) I see people talk about 8AP and 9AP builds. Do you only get this much AP when you put points into it or do you rely on gear? I'm still wearing the gob set right now since I'm too attached to my 7AP but that's all 8 slots..

4) I have double maxed. Now working on master stabber. What should I aim for after that?

1 0
Reactions 15
Score : 4283

I currently am training a level 40 Water Sram but he's not a petty theft build.

I use 2x Fourberie and 2x Bloody Ripoff, I have all chance besides the 1 MP I got at level 21.

For my build the more damage I do the more I heal which is why I went for all Chance and I will be using justice set or something for Crits because that's all the better for me.

As for gear goes.. you are only level 31 DO NOT skip up on some other great pieces that can combo together.. this is my set at the moment.

Scarecrow Mask

Royal Gob Epaulettes
Royal Gob Cloak

Puddly Amulet
Puddly Breastplate
Puddly Ring

Kapow Thongs
Kapow Belt
Kapow Ring

And for the weapon a Perfect Crafted "The Astro"

I'm running roughly 151% Water Damage without stabber state bonus.

As for Specialties go with max master stabber, possibly maxed look around you and maxed sram reflex.. that's what I'm going for.. I've never heard of a water sram getting double leveled up though.

Gobball set at level 31?.. all because of 1 extra AP? really sleep and about the 8 AP and 9 AP thing.. you can wear Dragolyre/Celestial Brooch, 2 satisfaction rings or get points in AP there's many different ways.

0 0
Score : 228
Ragutou9|2012-02-05 12:56:26

I use 2x Fourberie and 2x Bloody Ripoff, I have all chance besides the 1 MP I got at level 21.

For my build the more damage I do the more I heal which is why I went for all Chance and I will be using justice set or something for Crits because that's all the better for me.

As for gear goes.. you are only level 31 DO NOT skip up on some other great pieces that can combo together.. this is my set at the moment.

Scarecrow Mask

Royal Gob Epaulettes
Royal Gob Cloak

Puddly Amulet
Puddly Breastplate
Puddly Ring

Kapow Thongs
Kapow Belt
Kapow Ring

As for Specialties go with max master stabber, possibly maxed look around you and maxed sram reflex.. that's what I'm going for.. I've never heard of a water sram getting double leveled up though.

Gobball set at level 31?.. all because of 1 extra AP? really sleep and about the 8 AP and 9 AP thing.. you can wear Dragolyre/Celestial Brooch, 2 satisfaction rings or get points in AP there's many different ways.
but if you do 2 fouberies then you would be in front of them? You would only end up behind if you started the turn behind them
0 0
Score : 1895
nyanc|2012-02-05 18:20:14

Scarecrow Mask

Royal Gob Epaulettes
Royal Gob Cloak

Puddly Amulet
Puddly Breastplate
Puddly Ring

Kapow Thongs
Kapow Belt
Kapow Ring

but if you do 2 fouberies then you would be in front of them? You would only end up behind if you started the turn behind them
I think what he does is uses Fourberie, uses the x2 Bloody Ripoff, and then uses Fourberie again because a lot of times, it's less than optimal to move to the opponent's behind if you're not attacking it.
0 0

Right.... you quoted me only because of that?

Lol....

0 -1
Score : 96

Scarecrow Mask

Royal Gob Epaulettes
Royal Gob Cloak

Puddly Amulet
Puddly Breastplate
Puddly Ring

Kapow Thongs
Kapow Belt
Kapow Ring

Thanks for the tips!

I'm not planning to stick with the gobball set forever. I'm thinking of mixing up the buk set and puddly set atm. I don't have all the set pieces yet so I'm wearing gobball as a placeholder until I get 'em all. smile

My double exists for AP locking 2 enemies simultaneously. Or stealing 2AP from 1 enemy. I do confess that I use its bomb function from time to time though.

Because I'm horribly poor (just started playing ~1 week ago), I was hoping there would be +AP alternatives that are relatively cheap. Darn. I won't be using a petty+ripoff combo for a while I suppose.

Once I convert to a proper level 30 set and lose my extra AP I've been planning on just using ripoff instead of petty. I'm assuming the bigger heal you get compensates for sacrificing hp? So for a ripoff build water damage > crit chance?
0 0

The idea is that you'll use critical gear late on and have put points into chance for water damage.

If you wanted to put all your points in to Critical you would have to get 66 level's just to max the darn thing for only 22% Crit.

I am trying to get really high damage because I'll heal more with bloody ripoff and right now on my first 2 bloody ripoffs in the fight I heal about 20+ HP per hit so around 40 HP or more.

I mean it does slow things down but monsters do hit harder and harder as you go so it all depends it could save you when you are doing certain things like when I train I don't really have to sit very much if at all on scarabosses.

I will continue with this build though because at level 100 bloody ripoff you heal 50% of your damage and if you crit you heal 75% .. so in turn that's 2 bloody ripoffs and by the time I get the spell to level 100 I'll be hitting insane amounts.. over 150+ damage a hit.

Infact you could go with my same build but instead get health points instead of chance.. but I don't know if that will help you more in return.

Because you want to hit high damage and heal alot.

0 0
Score : 6594

Man I hope they nerf the HP stat and Clone Explosion so this build will actually be more effective than cookie-cutter Srams.

It sounds fun.

0 0
Score : 4481
Intrade|2012-02-06 21:34:20
Man I hope they nerf the HP stat and Clone Explosion so this build will actually be more effective than cookie-cutter Srams.

It sounds fun.

I hear you. I was partying with 2 scrams today and I was just getting upset at how good they were for their levels. They weren't even spectacular at decision making, but they were so effective. That clone is outrage.
0 0

And I'm fine to admit I still use my clone for things like when I can't reach my enemy or other reasons .. but I didn't put any level's into him so he doesn't actually hit high with explosion and it wouldn't matter anyway I'm not putting points into health so his damage is low anyway.

But I would be fine if the clone couldn't lock that's perfectly fine with me I don't use it for locking purpose anyway just for distracting my enemy in PvP or using it for PvE to get the advantage in a fight.

I don't know entirely know how Osamoda and Sadida work.. but don't they get characters out into the fight that can attack for them? isn't that just as OP ?

0 0
Score : 1895
Ragutou9|2012-02-05 22:41:13
Right.... you quoted me only because of that?

Lol....
Right.... you posted only to say that?

Lol....
0 0

^ Troll Radar is going off.

You insolent fool you haven't contributed one bit to this topic.. do you know anything about this game? or just a moron.

0 -1
Score : 96

This is probably a stupid question: do those gear with +heals do anything to the amount of HP you get when you use ripoff? :unsure: 

0 0

I tested that and no.. sadly it doesn't... ;/

0 0
Score : 160
Ragutou9|2012-02-08 09:06:48
^ Troll Radar is going off.

You insolent fool you haven't contributed one bit to this topic.. do you know anything about this game? or just a moron.
Dude, I've already gone through 4 forum topics today and they're riddled with your replies to promote your Water Sram 3x Ripoff build. It's not a bad build but it's not the ultimate build that makes all others obsolete. Don't force others to think that's the ultimate way to go, some people actually like to use strategy, not simply lifesteal endlessly.

There's many options you can go with Sram. Any desired mix of skills from the Water and Wind trees is fine. Fire tree is probably the one you want to avoid, it lacks the utility of the other 2 trees. Water Srams have nice combos that focus on stealing attributes from your enemies, it's upto you to decide which attribute you think would be the most detrimental if it were taken from your enemy. Air Srams have nice combos that focus on mobility like many other Air trees but they also have nice damage bonuses and also synergy with stealth. That's why the sweet spot imo is a a Water/Wind hybrid. People think that the only useful skill on the wind tree is Fourberie, but they're wrong. Forceful Blow has a % damage increase when you attack from the back and it costs the same as Bloody Ripoff. Basically you have choices to make when it comes to these 2 skills, weather you want to inflict % more damage or weather you want to steal a % of the damage you deal. None of these is right or wrong, they just individually synergize better with different specialty skills.

There are more popular builds than others but nothing is the ultimate build, it's upto you to decide what goes well with your play style.
0 0

I started to read right on the first sentence I noticed you stated that it's not the "ultimate build" I thought for a moment and then looked down at a walllll of text and decided nah I'm not going to read it.

Also onto the point my build isn't meant to be "ultimate" build it's meant to be another build people can use besides the typical let's level double up and explode on people.

I don't care what your opinion is.

0 0
Respond to this thread