FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Best duo with Sram?

By Ryanks - MEMBER - January 25, 2012, 22:51:32

Me and my cousin started playing wakfu again, stopped after all characters got deleted from closed beta, but now we are back! Just wondering what a good duo would be with sram. I don't mind what class i am, just trying to think of some neat duos but i really can't

Any and all suggestion appreciated!

0 0
Reactions 14
Score : 490

Sram and Osa would be a pretty OP team. So would Feca and Sram. *personal opinion*

The Feca would only be good mid-late game.

0 0
Score : 272

Honestly? Another Sram.

0 -1
Score : 616

Another Sram would not be the best partner for a Sram.
You'd constantly get in each other's way because both would be melee. And each mob only has one backside.

edit:
Srams CAN work together, but that requires constantly telling each other what to do, or what you plan to do, in order to coordinate for the best result. If you're playing casually, this is NOT FUN. There are more interesting and FUN choices when you're looking to play with a partner.

I would go with a Sadida.

You can use your dolls: Earth tank to lock, Wind debuffer to slow, or Greedies to support the fight.
You can totem him, and heal with Muddoll.
And your high range spells can be used to remote detonate his Doubles.

Many many battle options.

0 0
Score : 272

Then I guess me and my Sram buddy aren't each getting backstabs with both ourselves and our Doubles every single turn.

I imagined it.

0 0
Ansalem|2012-01-26 01:40:49
Then I guess me and my Sram buddy aren't each getting backstabs with both ourselves and our Doubles every single turn.

I imagined it

Post a video if you're so confident that it's the best choice.

The way I see it, you're fighting something substantially lower your then you level, or you're fighting something with a weak AI and no movement capabilities and boxed it in with your 4 units.
Either way, NOT impressive.

And also, another Sram would be the MOST boring partner for a Sram.
Who wants to spend their whole time seeing another person do virtually everything they do? This game has different classes because variety rules. smile
0 0
Score : 1716

An Iop that uses Athourity.

0 0
Score : 8

Anyone who doesn't get in the way. A lot of classes will try to fight you for getting behind a mob and it ends up being a pain. Heres the sets.

Sram/Sram: While yes even with different element branches it can be fun, at some point someone is gonna steal backstab making the battle either take longer than it should or make it more boring. While shadow clones help it drags out a fight since most mobs will fight the char and not hit the clones.

Sram/Iop: A strong duo. You'd think a heavy hitter and backstab would work? Yes and no. If the Iop is one of the popular air types then you have NO chance of getting behind a mob because he's going to wall it and pound it to death. Even with a fire iop theres still a chance he's going to wall lock it. On the good side the two of you can bounce dmg back and forth and turn it into a game of kick the can.

Sram/Eni: Heal buddies are awesome and they can really help out. Unless your heal buddy is carrying an axe and can pretty much kill EVERYTHING. No seriously, theres some axe wielding enis out there who will slice you and your clone up and not care who takes dmg. While Water Enis are your friend they tend to also use their air to wall in a mob like an iop or outright kill stuff from far away. They can work well at low levels but higher up they are going to kill steal.

Sram/Enu: They're gonna use Zerk, possibly have it behind or across from you, and then your backstab will never happen. Enus do help with drops and they can hit from a far but most of them are gonna hit you or your clone anyway just so they can kill something if it doesn't drop anything in battle. Remember they're hurting you cuz they love you.

Sram/Sac: This combo should work right? A lot of dmg and angrr = dead mob right? Not always. Sometimes a sac is gonna move a mob. It just happens. You might be behind it and kill it and then they swap places with it and beat the *** out of it. And they do sometimes get mad at you if you accidentally kick them cuz you have to go THROUGH them to get to a mob. Expect glares.

Sram/Xelor: Yeah they stay far away and on a dial.. usually. They make great help with their dmg and won't get in your way. Unless they REALLY like their AoE spells. Also mobs like to run after Xelors for some reason. Do they taste good? Make sure you have the right weapon.. or use clone.

Sram/Sadi: Dolls and Totem polls help right? Not when the Sadi summons 4 of them so you can't backstab at ALL. Not to mention you have no spells that hit from a diagnal direction. They'll most likely kill steal or their dolls will kill EVERYTHING. Oh and if they ask you to use a fire skill on a seed.. hit it and RUN.

Sram/Osa: Like the Sadi these guys will summon things that will sometimes get in your way. Or totally kill everything and make you realize you're REALLY not as OP as everyone says. When you hit those levels where Osa's start having Chafers and Warchiefs as pets then its time to realize "You ain't killing anything.. you're just there to watch."

Sram/Panda: Ok so you're doing good with a panda. Everything is ok. Until his barrel explodes which blows up your clone and somehow does a LOT of dmg to you. And lets not forget earth pandas can wall stuff so theres a chance you can lose backstab. While they make great partners don't ask them to throw you. EVER. Oh and never insult one by saying their booze tastes bad. [Trust me on this.]

Sram/Feca: While they're good at glyphing everything and killing all they aren't afraid of killing you. Expect to be in the line of fire no matter where you are. In the back, the front, next to a mob.. they will somehow hit you with things you didn't know would dmg you. Their glyphs will do things to you that will either save you or kill you. [Usually the latter.] Tread lightly and send in the clones.

Sram/Cra: You'd think they'd never get close to be a problem. Great range and can pretty much just stay far away right? Nope. Sometimes they'll use their mechanics and knock you out the way or they'll use their uber arrow shots to go through a mob and into you. While you can get behind something that just means your part of the target the cra plans to hit anyway. Their arrows tend to go through a mob.. not stop at them.

Sram/Eca?Rogue?Masq?: Not out yet. But we'll see what happens.

Srams can work well with anyone or no one. Just make sure people work WITH you tacticly or expect battles to not be planned. Also invest in bread.. lots and LOTS of bread.

0 0
Seihris|2012-01-26 16:55:14
Anyone who doesn't get in the way. A lot of classes will try to fight you for getting behind a mob and it ends up being a pain. Heres the sets...
You seem to assume all partners will do nothing but get in the way. Unrealistic much? o_0

Here's a few, but not all, of the things I think you're overlooking.

Sram/Sac: This combo should work right? A lot of dmg and angrr = dead mob right? Not always. Sometimes a sac is gonna move a mob. It just happens. You might be behind it and kill it and then they swap places with it and beat the *** out of it. And they do sometimes get mad at you if you accidentally kick them cuz you have to go THROUGH them to get to a mob. Expect glares.
Sacriers, Air in particular, are great control-fighters.

A Sacrier can EASILY coordinate to do double Assaults for solid damage, which still maintaining 3 MP to stay out of the Sram's way, as well as shift position to shepherd targets.

They also have Tattracting Fist which can let them pull mobs CLOSER to the Sram, so that you can keep getting backstabs.

Sram/Xelor: Yeah they stay far away and on a dial.. usually. They make great help with their dmg and won't get in your way. Unless they REALLY like their AoE spells. Also mobs like to run after Xelors for some reason. Do they taste good? Make sure you have the right weapon.. or use clone.
You're suppose to be using your clone. So your statement is moot.

Solo Srams will run into a LOT of high MP mobs of which even Scram will not allow them to keep up with. (Fighting tofus are a chore, they have 6 MP!)

You should be using your clone at all times. Even if just for the duplicate damage, and not for the bomb-damage.

Lastly, having a Xelor (or any other ranged class) to remote detonate your Double is a GOOD thing.
The first thing any 15+ Sram should focus on is sending in Doubles to die before they get hurt too much. Double's bomb damage is based on current health when you cast, not your maximum health.
(Except in large wave boss battles, in which case, you want the Double there to deal some damage with skills as well.)

Sram/Sadi: Dolls and Totem polls help right? Not when the Sadi summons 4 of them so you can't backstab at ALL. Not to mention you have no spells that hit from a diagnal direction. They'll most likely kill steal or their dolls will kill EVERYTHING. Oh and if they ask you to use a fire skill on a seed.. hit it and RUN.
What Sadida in their right mind summons 4 Dolls?

That is an inefficient waste of Wakfu points. Standard Sadidas will summon 2 Greedies, and the remainder go towards replacement Greedies, Voodoo, and Tree. This leaves plenty of room for strategic maneuvers.

Sram/Cra: You'd think they'd never get close to be a problem. Great range and can pretty much just stay far away right? Nope. Sometimes they'll use their mechanics and knock you out the way or they'll use their uber arrow shots to go through a mob and into you. While you can get behind something that just means your part of the target the cra plans to hit anyway. Their arrows tend to go through a mob.. not stop at them.
You must know some very horrible Cras if they will consistently use Air Beacon to knock you away from targets.
Cras are also capable of shifting their attack range to keep you out of their AoEs.

Honestly, try pairing up with these classes before you judge them. You seem to base all your statements under the assumption that they'll do everything in their power to ignore your needs.

The only class that really gets in the way is another Sram, because having 2 people and 2 doubles means a lot of potential damage wasted.
0 0
Score : -15

To Skye:
Two srams work spectacularly well together, and we can establish that without the time consuming upload required for a video through discussion.

1.) You are able to cast clone + pushback even at 6 ap.
2.) A clone may cast pushback to free the back space of a target without risking a lock.
3.) A clone that begins one square from a target's backside can cast forbaire to end up in front of the target, where your partner could cast pushback with the target in the middle to detonate.
4.) These methods work on mobs of a high level. All enemy AI is terrible, and would like to call you on this superstition
5.) Two water Srams steal at least 4AP a turn, without hyperactivity, every turn. A downright abusive amount (?).
6.) Stealing mp let's you forbaire twice, granting you positional superiority, and forcing a clone pop when combined with a second movement thief.
7.) Hemorrhage Stacks (?)
8.) Boredom is subjective. Do you juggle your spoons and eat with your feet because utensils are just too darn boring? I do. But am I arrogant enough to assume everyone thinks as I? Hopefully not. Besides, some people get a kick out of efficiency, and I believe srams with srams is as efficient as it gets on PVE.
9.) Seeing a monster use AOE to blast himself to bits using two clones - priceless.
10.) If you believe that you can only make use of a higher leveled mob's back once or twice per cycle, then I'm afraid it's your imagination and coordination that is not impressive. Either that or you haven't even tried to work with another sram. In that case, wouldn't that make you irresponsible since you're trying to dissuade him from using the combination.

0 -1
Score : 530

umm. Feca/Sram obviously. intimidation aura, while locking the oponent, while sram basically gets a 80% dmg boost.

0 0
Score : 955

Best duo with sram is another sram, iop or a xelor.

Sram-Smart srams know how to manipulate enemies, themselves or their allies to get backstabs/explosion dmg.

Xelors-12+ ap sram + double?

Iop-hp and dps

0 0
Score : 1121

Feca and sram. Feca's can take away all the monsters AP and MP ( including celestial ) for 13 turns ( ALL MP AND AP ). Feca's have crashing wave which allows them to hit 2x3 area DMG in which also avoids hitting teammates ( such as clone and real sram near the boss ). Fecas can use crashing wave 2 times with lv8 glyph and 8ap in 1 turn. Feca's can set up an AP station which gives themselves up to 10ap allowing fecas to use crashing wave 4times in every turn for 13 turns. Fecas can stack create an AP station from afar and can substitute crashing wave for 2 bow shots. What more can u ask for? We also can increase your resistance or heal you a small % of hp every turn by buffing u with an armor for 13turns.

0 0
delve-deeper|2012-01-27 16:43:22
To Skye:
Two srams work spectacularly well together...

Your explanation only proves a few thing.

-You disregard the fact that the OP is asking for partner-matchups for people who just started. Which means they'ew NOT working together with military percision.

The way you've explained a Sram-Sram partnership is honestly very complicated. I've played a Sram-Sram partnership, and worked out everything you've said:

• Always being in melee range means your clones and partner do often get in each others way. If you don't think so, then you've been playing Sram for far too long, and are insensitive and ignorant to people with less experience.
  • Pushbacks lead to reduced damage.
  • Stealing 4AP is virtually impossible is a realistic situation.
  • No one bothers stealing MP. You use Scram if you need MP.
  • Double-bombing for high damage is the ONLY advantage to Sram-Sram duos. Everything else is either equal or subpar.
The OP clearly stated they just started again recently. People who suggest Sram-Sram is ignoring that.
There are much simpler match-ups that flow together better with a Sram.

-You think "eating" is an activity comparable to playing a game. Horrible comparison

-Thinking its just me lacking coordination just means you're taking the elite's point of view.
Here's a wake-up call. If the person who started the thread were experienced enough to do everything you claim Srams can do, he wouldn't have bothered making the thread to ask.

-It's not irresponsible, it's smart. He wants to play with his cousin, and stated they just started out.
Suggesting characters who don't need as much teamwork to play together is a good thing. They can play more casually, and not need to constantly check on what each other is doing to avoid getting in each other's way.

Bottom line:
Srams CAN work together, but that requires constantly telling each other what to do, or what you plan to do, in order to coordinate for the best result. If you're playing casually, this is NOT FUN. There are more interesting and FUN choices when you're looking to play with a partner.
0 0
Score : 185
skyePurple|2012-02-04 01:57:23
delve-deeper|2012-01-27 16:43:22
To Skye:
Two srams work spectacularly well together...

Your explanation only proves a few thing.

-You disregard the fact that the OP is asking for partner-matchups for people who just started. Which means they'ew NOT working together with military percision.

The way you've explained a Sram-Sram partnership is honestly very complicated. I've played a Sram-Sram partnership, and worked out everything you've said:

• Always being in melee range means your clones and partner do often get in each others way. If you don't think so, then you've been playing Sram for far too long, and are insensitive and ignorant to people with less experience.
  • Pushbacks lead to reduced damage.
  • Stealing 4AP is virtually impossible is a realistic situation.
  • No one bothers stealing MP. You use Scram if you need MP.
  • Double-bombing for high damage is the ONLY advantage to Sram-Sram duos. Everything else is either equal or subpar.
The OP clearly stated they just started again recently. People who suggest Sram-Sram is ignoring that.
There are much simpler match-ups that flow together better with a Sram.

-You think "eating" is an activity comparable to playing a game. Horrible comparison

-Thinking its just me lacking coordination just means you're taking the elite's point of view.
Here's a wake-up call. If the person who started the thread were experienced enough to do everything you claim Srams can do, he wouldn't have bothered making the thread to ask.

-It's not irresponsible, it's smart. He wants to play with his cousin, and stated they just started out.
Suggesting characters who don't need as much teamwork to play together is a good thing. They can play more casually, and not need to constantly check on what each other is doing to avoid getting in each other's way.

Bottom line:

Did you fail to notice or read that the Op and his friend played closed beta? One would think that would mean that they have some relatively good teamwork abilities and would be able to communicate pretty well especially since they are friends.. I know my best friend just started playing but we constantly tell eaech other stuff even tho he has no clue what majority of anything does on wakfu

Just because someone doesnt know anythign about a game does not mean they cant have good coomunication or team work. Infact seeing as how they are friends Id say their team work and communication are going to be really good. So id suggest Maybe readin the OP's full post before assumming he/she and their friend dont have the ability to communicate?
0 0
Respond to this thread