FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Sram Revamp Opinions

By WwhitecrowW July 18, 2014, 20:11:41

Shadow Trap: HUGE improvement. for 3 ap you can cast a fire/water/air trap. With Srams new map manipulating skills it can come in handy. Water trap steals 2 ap, air trap teleports enemies,allies, yourself where you want them, and fire trap deals damage and applies hemorrhage. No matter which sram I am - definitely will utilize the air trap. Possibly the water as well.

Scram: Giving +2 mp to allies and self without them being locked is fantastic! This will "technically" cost 1 ap and 1 wp if you max Sram reflex.

Stabber: 15% final damage boost for crits or backstabs "technically" 1 wp cost? Yes Please.

Double: 4 ap for a 4 turn cool down. The double has 4 spells. Lethal Contact, Push, Chakra, and an attack spell. Lethal contact (costs 2 ap) places a "brand" on the enemy. The attack spell (cost 4 ap) does 64 damage against a branded enemy and 32 damage against an unbranded enemy. Push allows you to push enemy anywhere between 2-5 cells away. Chakra gives the double "lock." This can come in handy when trying to keep enemies away or force them to focus on your double.

Invisibility - 2 WP to make yourself or an ally (range 4) invisible. They become visible if they attack. It seems to last until the end of their next turn. This seems like it can be a great "tanking" spell. Invis an ally you know the enemy will target. They move. Enemy hits empty space.

Sramystical - 40 initiative and +4 to weakness. Eh... its okay.

Shadow Master - 20% final damage for next attack (when invisible). +40 backstab. If this and stabber stacks.... and you get a backstab.... Tasty.

Scramulous - 60 lock and 15% final damage on backstab. Yay more final damage buffs! And lock can come in handy

Sram Reflex - 60 Dodge, +2 Control, reduces cost of stabber and Scram by 1.

Sram to the Bone - If I'm reading this right, it means you get 1% critical hit for every 20 points you have in lock and dodge. Crits aren't working in Beta right now for srams (nor can we see what the crit attack damage looks like). I'll have to come back to this later

I like everyone of these specialties. I think they did an incredible job so far. What do you guys think of it so far? I think Sram might become my main after this update - Depending on changes from Beta to real game.

0 0
Reactions 26
Score : 4815

I'm glad they've added a way to regain WP, srams are very WP hungry

also aoe ty

0 0
Score : 264

I like most of the new changes but... I have a feeling some of it will be gone when they release the sram revamp and more WP to eat!? *nom nom nom delicious*

0 0
Score : 7439

The push and Hemorrhage are OP.
Fear with Scram. Seriously what were they thinking.

0 0
Score : 11369

Same thoughts as before. Best revamp ever offered. 2 devs that made it happen deserve a raise and Ankama has to start paying Mango cause he be workin for free for 2 years+

Only problem is that the ability for a sram to heal was nerfed big time. Now you gotta stack hemorroid to heal with FIRE SPELL cold blood (this spell heals more than WATER SPELL bloody ripoff).

I get the point that srams should be burst damage but if the fire class (damage dealing class) is gonna heal more than the water class (healing class) they should change water element to EARTH lol.

0 0
Score : 144

^I don't see water as (healing class) i see as water.. an element.. with different mechanics from fire and air..(before we only had one spell that would heal us, now we got two)
having a heal is a bonus..

But I think the class now lack the finesse of having augmented skills from backstabbing..

why do you backstab? more damage..

Before we had, water mechanics that worked if you were behind
or air that would keep your invisible if you were behind the target..
Bringing now how I feel invisible is useless on pvm, clone is just a meat sack... traps kinda meh..

0 0
Score : 5222

You do realize you're responding to a thread from a couple months ago, right?

Anywho....

Double: More than just a meat sack as you put it. It has map manipulation and can lethal mark things for you and allies to attack for damage (it also can attack on it's own, just do after marking). It is quite tanky with its shield and has amazing lock abilities. Biggest thing, it has access to Fear. Amazing map manipulation. Not limited by WP either and doesn't pop after -1hp damage.

Invisibility: Absolutely amazing now as the mechanic works. PvM and PvP work wonders. PvP, players have to guess. PvM, monsters don't actually know where you are. Allowing you to go without taking damage (as they actually strike the space you used to be, just don't be silly and stay in the same spot and it works perfectly). While you mention Air before with Invisibility, it didn't work so great as you were close to your opponent. Closer you were, you just became visible. On top of which enemies always seemed to know where you were before and it did perception checks (which was a stat removed) after every character and enemies turn. Almost guaranteeing you wouldn't stay invisible another turn unless you were on the opposite side of the map. Now you are invisible until you attack or two turns. When attacking, while it breaks invisibility, you get FINAL DAMAGE boosts. Super attack damage for jumping out and attacking. Which makes sense you became invisible, you just attacked someone. They would notice. Also now, even if an enemy, be it in PvP or PvM, hits you with an attack, you keep your invisibility. Which is amazing.

Backstab: You do realize that backstab, even without +backstab stats gives you x1.5 damage (side attacks giving x1.2 damage), right? Srams have some of the best abilities to get to somethings back still to further augment their damage.

Water: Has an insanely better mechanic. Loot/Booty is amazing, allowing you to gain HP, MP, Lock and Dodge. As well as dealing decent damage still and is no longer reliant on attacking the back.

Now to talk about things you didn't mention.

Synergy of the elements. Weakness mechanic is amazing as it builds from every branch and every branch has an execution spell that triggers it.

Air is map manipulation at it's finest with Fear being one of the best spells to do so. Along with Guile actually doing decent damage and granting Air amazing burst with quick back attacks.

Fire with it's amazing new Hemorrhage and amazingly high weakness building spells.

Ability to gain WP every turn.

FINAL DAMAGE BONUS' EVERYWHERE.

One of the most useful doubles/clones/pets in the game (described above in how insanely helpful it is).

The ability to turn allies Invisible to help protect them. That along with Scram actually allowing you to cast on allies as well allowing them to move once without being locked (something that only the Sidekick Skale could do before). All of that with Map Manipulation from themselves and the double, they are an insanely huge asset to the team beyond DPT now. Oh and their DPT has range on it now too, which before was limited to 1 range before.....

Traps that actually are worth getting (shadow trap before was horrid and no one used). You literally can play with portals with Air Traps. Water Traps remove 2 AP. Both of those elements you don't even need to level the traps to get those secondary benefits in full. Only level them if you want to do damage. Fire traps stack Hemmorage if you level them along with the best trap damage. Oh and the Water and Fire traps are a Cross1 AoE that is invisible to both players and mobs. Amazing.

If you are so ridiculous that you don't think they are good PvM, you really need to take a look at them again. How about go check out some of Mango's streams showing off the Sram. He shows how he can take on most content in the game solo because of the Invisibility, Double, Traps and just the insane damage and synergy of the class. Amazing Tri-Build that he even posted in the Guide section of the forums.

- Kat

1 0
Score : 9445

Agree, new Sram is much better and more complicated, which is a good thing. I did have some problems creating a water/air sram because there was so many spells I wanted but could only choose 5... but it's a good thing as well, it means that all the spells are actually useful, not just some of them.

0 0
Score : 5222

Well, at least in a month from now (if not delayed again), we will be able to have more spells in the spell revamp update thingy.

- Kat

0 0
Score : 2831

Based on my calculations which are just pure numbers and don't include the perplexity of the Sram class (traps/doubles/stat remove+buffs/etc) from what I observed:

Air should at least go for 7AP to get a 3 Turn Trauma
Then 9AP for max damage per turn unless they wanna stretch for 12.

Fire seems pretty bad based on numbers alone in comparision to Air and Execution is generally done on 3rd turn, and it's main damage output requires that you managed to get your target down to under 35% on those for 2 prior turns.
However, Fire has pretty good AoE with Torment except I'm not sure you want that as a Sram

Water is pretty annoying to calculate due to the fact that the highest damage skill that doesn't require Weak Point is 5AP (Klepto) but only gives 20 Weak Point.
You can achieve the same (or more) Weak Point with Rascalry or Larceny but for so much less damage. So it's pretty much Damage vs. Faster Heal/Burst with Rip Off

In which case, Pure Water with 10Ap build is pretty strong by turn 3 since you can use Rip Off Twice.
For Water/Air, you can achieve the same for a bit more damage as well except you cannot backstab on the first turn (I checked out Klepto*2 -> Wily + Rip Off + Klepto -> Klepto -> Wily -> Rip off)

I haven't accounted for hybrids aside from the above line which is a huge part of Srams too because of how annoying it is to calculate backstab and passives with every other skill

0 0
Score : 1372

Pure water sram here. Yes, call me stupid.

I agree with Skull. Heal move totally nerfed. I'm very disappointed with this.

Overall my damage % is good, but my actual damage teeters between the same, or worse than before.
It's just weird and I'm overall not happy.

As a 10 AP build, I intended to use Rascalry as a damage advantage for my heals. However, instead of being tactical, I've been forced to rely on the heaviest hitting move, Klepto (which I never did before) because the AP usage with Rascalry doesn't make sense. Why? Because after using 2x Rascalry, I'm left with 2 AP. The only remaining 2 AP moves either consume weakness or my loot, which I want to build up further and not use. Therefore I can never open any battle using Rascalry until I want to heal or something. And if something is far away enough, I can't heal anyways! And if I can, using the damage loot makes very LITTLE difference, and my heals friggin' suck. It honestly feels broken. Combining the MP loot with my damage loot takes a crapload of thought and luck in battle.

I will also agree with Skull when I say water feels like it should have better heals than fire.
That's just how it is in the game.
Having the tables turned on me doesn't feel good.

If I use traps and steal the 4 AP, it hardly matters. I'm pretty durable against mobs, but when it comes to this new crazy pvp business, I die very easily.

Like the new animations and everything but I'm either playing wrong or I've been nerfed to infinity, and considering how much thought I put into this, I am leaning more towards the latter.

0 0
Score : 1003

Much more interactive than before, but it's easy to get lost.
Definitely needs dedicated UI to show Weak Point stacks (like ecaplips dice stacks), and content of Loot because i spend hude part of turn looking through my buffs.

0 0

Yup, would be super useful. Hard to admit but sometimes I forget I have some loot so it just goes to waste.. xD

0 0
Score : 638

The Sram is currently very unbalanced.

It has all the final damage % passives, that the other classes have not gotten yet.

Currently its the highest damage dealer in the game, you can forget about xelor and rouge and all the other contenders. Unless other classes start receiving the %final dmg change, this class is flat out Over powered.

0 0

No, it's not. The point of Sram was to make a class that hits like a truck, but only in certain situations; when you're in a good spot, has a lot of weakness points, you're attacking from behind, when you use WP spell to get more dmg... then you make amazing dmg.
And that's how the Sram works right now, it's super powerful, but only if you're in the right place at the right time.

0 0
Score : 59

What's a good noob build to use? I'm just starting the game and am following Mango's tri-ele build, but I think it was made before some big changes, right?

0 0
Score : 7911
Knowsis86|2014-09-21 02:48:50
What's a good noob build to use? I'm just starting the game and am following Mango's tri-ele build, but I think it was made before some big changes, right?
His guide is probably the most up to date one available

I think any combination is good, but I'd highly recommend hybriding so you can get the best of at least 2 branches
0 0
Score : 7439

I'm using fire/air sram. Works very well imo. I'd like to try create dual elemental build with trauma too but I'm not ready to give up forceful blow for it. Maybe Trauma would work better with water/air.

0 0
Score : 223
MereBytes|2014-09-22 00:02:25
I'm using fire/air sram. Works very well imo. I'd like to try create dual elemental build with trauma too but I'm not ready to give up forceful blow for it. Maybe Trauma would work better with water/air.

Have you considered using Trauma over Execute? I find the condition for the extra final damage, the lower Weak Point Requirement, and the AP cost much easier to handle.
0 0
Score : 241
AnonymousXeroxGuy|2014-09-15 05:34:21
The Sram is currently very unbalanced.

It has all the final damage % passives, that the other classes have not gotten yet.

Currently its the highest damage dealer in the game, you can forget about xelor and rouge and all the other contenders. Unless other classes start receiving the %final dmg change, this class is flat out Over powered.

Sure "very unbalanced", with not having any kind of passive stackable damage like Prism, Power, Calliraphy, etc.
You are very shortsighted. Adding final dmg passives to other classes will be considered as Sram nerf.
0 0
Respond to this thread