FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

starting an earth cra.

By Diracc - MEMBER (+) - March 31, 2012, 08:13:48

i plan on starting an earth cra and was hopeing any experienced earth cras could give me some advice on support skills and stats. any advice would be appreciated.

0 0
Reactions 7
Score : 6591

You can go one of many routes, but the most popular routes are...

Quadruple-Lashing build: Get +2 MP from abilities and put the remaining 245 points into Strength (so your base stats will be 6 AP 5 MP 6 Wakfu without items). Get +1 MP from boots, then get two Penn Knives (-1 AP +1 MP).

Note: (If this is your 2nd character and you have some Kama saved up you can instead go hunting for a set that gives +earth damage and +1MP as a set bonus, though I'm not completely aware of all earth sets so I'm not sure if one like this exists).

With the gear equipped and 2 MP allocated to stats, your new stats should look like this:

4 AP 8 MP 6 WF

Reasoning: The reason why you want to sacrifice the AP for the MP is because the cost of Lashing Arrow is 1 AP and 2 MP. You can do 4 Lashing Arrows in one turn if you're stationary.

Pros: This is a VERY good spec for 1v1 PvP. You will dish out some extremely high damage and you will get more opportunities for lucky crits. Get +Earth damage and +Critical gear.

Cons: It has much more flexibility of being cast than Piercing and Riddling arrow, but at a price. Lashing Arrow suffers a -1 range penalty. in comparison to the other spells mentioned, so this means you'll have to be one unit range closer to attack than an Earth Cra who would be using Piercing Arrow more.

Suggested support skills:

Mandatory support skills

Cra's Precision
Heightened Vision
Powerful Shooting
Beacon Sneakin'

Optional support skills

Archery
Riddling

Piercing Shot + Lashing: This is the build that I play and I enjoy it. I wasn't aware of the Quadruple lashing build (I only tried out Cra on release of this game). If you want to do Piercing + Lashing you can build one of two different ways.

The first way which is for full damage optimization and disregarding budget would be to get a +1AP item and pump all points into Strength (Or pump 344 points into Strength and then spend 150 points into Crit for 10% more crit). This is because with 7 AP 4 MP you can do 2 Lashing Arrows and a Piercing Shot under ideal conditions.

The second way is the budget way, and the current build I rock (since I couldn't max Maka bow before reset). Pump 344 points into strength and use 150 points for +1 AP. This gives you 7 AP without the aid of items and 4 MP. Between you and me, it's much easier to get +37.5% earth damage than it is to get +1 AP (but don't overdo it and get +2 AP from ability points, it doesn't benefit you much and you'll lose out on a lot of potential damage).

You might ask "Why would I go +1 AP? Why not go 37.5% extra earth damage/resist? Is the extra attack that good?"

Keep in mind that Damage/Resists are additive unless it explicitly states it is Final. This means that your 37.5% increase of Earth damage through points will only be adding to your base damage by a small amount. If your base damage is 50 for example, 37.5% increase would be 50 x 1.375 or very close to 70... so you've gained about 20 damage on an attack maybe (maybe not because you have to factor in the target's resist). It doesn't compare to doing +150 or higher damage from the extra attack. The +1 AP is a greater damage boost because you're breaking a threshhold to increase the number of attacks you can do.

Pros: This build may not be as much AoE damage as a Fire Cra, but it has potential and can extend the AoE damage to targets that are a bit more spread in comparison to targets that are clumped up when doing comparisons vs. a Fire Cra.

Cons: If you use any MP to move, you've cut down the number of attacks you can do by at least one due to the cost for Lashing Arrow. You'll have to adjust often because Piercing Shot is a linear ability, so you won't ideally by doing 3 attacks all the time (it'll probably average out to 2.2 to 2.5 attacks consistently). Don't underestimate having the extra attack as an option, especially with the current implementation of Beacon Sneakin'.

Suggested Support skills:

Mandatory Support skills

Cra's Precision
Heigthened Vision
Powerful Shooting
Beacon' Sneakin

Optional Support skills

Long Distance Combat*
Archery**
Riddling

* - There may be occasions where you need to do more AoE damage to finish the fight instead of using Lashing Arrow. In this event, Long Distance Combat can provide a significant damage buff for Piercing Shot, depending on the amount of MP you used for it upon activation.

** Getting Archery to an amount for +mechanics is helpful (if you don't plan on getting any +mechanics gear such as Maka bow, etc). I do strongly recommend getting a Maka bow to 100 because not only does it give + mechanics it gives +range and even +AP which would help you save 150 ability points to place somewhere else.

There are probably several other Cra build variations, but these ones are the more popular ones I've seen Earth Cras choose.

0 0
Score : 368

I favor a 7 AP, 6 MP build myself. It allows me to do riddling arrow and three lashing arrows under ideal conditions, or piercing arrow and two lashing arrows with 2 MP left to move. The great thing about Earth Cras is flexibility of AP and MP, as the costs of each of the three arrow skills mesh perfectly with each other. You use either piercing or riddling arrow depending on how much AP you'll want to have left for lashing arrow or unbeacon. I don't think that going for a 4 AP, 8 MP build would be a great idea because it takes away from this flexibility that other element Cras can't really take advantage of. Air Cras are kind of a one-trick pony with storm arrow (a very, very good one though), and Fire Cras can't pump out damage with their MP besides using long distance combat. Also, using penn knives takes up valuable weapon slots that could be put toward damage.

Regardless of the build you're going for, I think all Earth Cras should get +1 MP from ability points at level 21, maybe the second one at level 51. A majority of the remainder should be put into strength because Earth Cras are not as crit-reliant as a lot of other classes. As far as speciality points go, the first three skills to max are definitely heightened vision, beacon sneakin', and cra precision, not necessarily in that order.

0 0
LargestRoad|2012-04-01 10:11:10
I favor a 7 AP, 6 MP build myself. It allows me to do riddling arrow and three lashing arrows under ideal conditions, or piercing arrow and two lashing arrows with 2 MP left to move. The great thing about Earth Cras is flexibility of AP and MP, as the costs of each of the three arrow skills mesh perfectly with each other. You use either piercing or riddling arrow depending on how much AP you'll want to have left for lashing arrow or unbeacon. I don't think that going for a 4 AP, 8 MP build would be a great idea because it takes away from this flexibility that other element Cras can't really take advantage of. Air Cras are kind of a one-trick pony with storm arrow (a very, very good one though), and Fire Cras can't pump out damage with their MP besides using long distance combat. Also, using penn knives takes up valuable weapon slots that could be put toward damage.

Regardless of the build you're going for, I think all Earth Cras should get +1 MP from ability points at level 21, maybe the second one at level 51. A majority of the remainder should be put into strength because Earth Cras are not as crit-reliant as a lot of other classes. As far as speciality points go, the first three skills to max are definitely heightened vision, beacon sneakin', and cra precision, not necessarily in that order.

Riddling Arrow has more limitations than Piercing Arrow with less damage, less critical damage scaling and no AoE. This ability shouldn't be recommended for someone starting an Earth Cra and should be leveled later on.

I personally believe they should buff Riddling Arrow somehow... maybe have it add +3 levels of Riddling to any other attack used during that turn so you could rotate with Riddling Arrow + Triple Lashing and put an effective snare on the target you're focusing.
0 0
Score : 368

I agree that riddling arrow needs a buff, but it's not weak to the point where it's not worth using. The main purpose is to save that 1 AP (compared to piercing arrow) for another lashing arrow if you don't need the 2 MP it costs to move. This also gives an additional 5 riddling stacks compared to piercing arrow if you're trying to snare down an enemy. (4 + 3 + 3 over 5)

0 0
Score : 5

I'm also starting an earth cra on the side, but one thing that confuses me the most is where that extra MP comes from for your example Piercing + Lashing build.
Does it come from a passive or something?

0 0
Keagen|2012-04-03 19:43:43
I'm also starting an earth cra on the side, but one thing that confuses me the most is where that extra MP comes from for your example Piercing + Lashing build.
Does it come from a passive or something?

Sorry, I didn't explain that too well. You have 4 MP at later levels if you decide to get boots with +1MP. These are usually obtainable after level 45+.

Lot's of boots have +1MP after you level past that point.
0 0
Score : 5

Ah I see, thanks!

0 0
Respond to this thread