FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Tost's guide to the 1.57 Cra!

By TostMD - MEMBER - December 19, 2017, 05:38:20

Hey all! Sniper-Tost here. I haven't been seeing much love for my fellow Cra's out there, so I figured I'd throw in a little guide to help new players starting with the class, and old players returning (pls don't class switch, we still good).

Now this isn't going to be a leveling guide (as I feel there are far better ones out there than I could provide), as much as an skill-tree/characteristics/passives guide. Let's get to it! (Note: This is currently a PvM-only guide, if there's interest, I'll think about making a PvP one.)

CHARACTERISTICS:

Starting off with the intelligence tree, you're going to want to put points into % Health Points, Elemental Resistance, and % Armor Health Points. You can do so in any order you feel, however as far as priority wise, I would focus on Elemental Resistance and % Armor Health Points first, and then % Health Points. Your endgame at 200 should look like this:

Now onto Strength! I find myself using single-target (ST) abilities far more than Area-Of-Effect (AOE) ones, so I went with points into Single-Target (only beneficial for ST moves) versus Distance (both AOE and ST moves benefit) , but in the end, either 20 points into Distance or ST Mastery, and the rest into Elemental Mastery. With this, there's really no order you need to follow:

Now, Agility is where things get a bit tricky. If you're the type of Cra that doesn't mind goes last and prefers to get themselves out of sticky situations, put 30 points into Dodge and the rest into Force of Will.
If you like to go first and feel confident in your Retreat-Arrow or Roly-Poly skills, throw some initiative on! However, in my opinion, it is an absolute must that every Cra has 20 Force of Will (FoW). The benefit of the MP removal, and AP/MP resistance, coupled with the fact that aside from very few items (3 pets) and 1-mediocre passive will give you additional Force of Will, is too much to throw aside. You can always get more dodge from Runes/Items. Force of Will is much harder to come by. As I'm all about going sooner rather than later, I went the Initiative route:

The Dodge route, for the evasive cras:

The Chance tree is an absolute no-brainer, you're a cra, you like doing awesome crits. Critical Hit % -> Critical Mastery:

And last but not least, the Major's! This, again, is where my fellow Cra's and I tend to disagree, however, the best 4 major's are as follows. Action Points -> Movement Points -> Damage Inflicted -> Elemental Resistance:

SPELLS:

Now, let's get into the spells of the Cra-tree. Before that, though, I'm gonna explain the Trifecta of the Cra status effects:

1. Riddled.

2. Flamboyant.

3. Reach.

So, as you can see, Riddle reduces Critical Resistance, so your Critical Hits do more Damage.
Reach increases your Single-Target Mastery, so your ST moves do more Damage.
And lastly, Flamboyant increases your AOE Mastery, so your AOE moves do more Damage.

NOTE: Each of these status effects can reach a max of 50. Flamboyant and Reach stack on yourself, Riddled stacks via usage on the enemy mob. THESE STATUS EFFECTS ALL HAVE A 1-TURN DURATION, SO THEY MUST BE REPLENISHED EVERY TURN, or they will disappear and have to be regained from 0.

Seems simple enough, right? But wait! There's more. As I'll explain later, certain spells utilize these specific status effects to do even more cool stuff!

Now, let's start off with the Fire tree.

Fire Tree:

Blazing Arrow:

At the cost of 2AP, Blazing Arrow does less than ideal damage, and can only be used twice on each enemy, but makes up for with the fact that it has the chance to steal 2MP, which yes, means they lose MP and YOU gain it (again, why we stat Force of Will). Also, it's a inexpensive way to get your AOE damage up through Flamboyant, or if you need to go for a big heal with Voracious.

Voracious Arrow:

Cra's can HEAL!?! Oh yes we can.
Now, this isn't the greatest heal that's super broken OP pls nerf, but it's a heal, and if you're in a bind, it ain't half bad. It 1 MP cost is a bit counter-intuitive (A cra that wants to heal is probably running far far away, why make them use their already precious mp?), but hey, we'll take what we can get. In addition (remember how I talked about the Trifecta being important), the heal scales off of Flamboyant! So, it behooves you to have stacked as much Flamboyant as possible before using the spell (at 50 Flamboyant, it heals 200% of the damage you do with the spell). The spell also gives some riddled, so Fire/Earth Cra's might see a neat synergy here.

Blinding Arrow:

A lot of players look at this spell and pass it up, but if you love you some Fire Cra, this really isn't half bad. For one, it is considered an AOE spell, and at the cost of 3AP and the limit of 3 uses per turn, think of it as the Fire-Cra's Storm Arrow. It's damage ain't half bad, AND it's in a + cell AOE. In addition, if you've used the active spell Biting Blow in the same turn, you'll reduce the enemy's range by a whopping -4 for two turns! Cra's do not wanna be out-ranged, that's for sure.

Burning Arrow:

If by some chance the enemies happen to line up single-file, this linear 3-cell AOE has your name written on it. No restrictions on usage. In addition, if you have the Way of the Bow passive on, you do 20% increased damage, and it extends to a 5-cell AOE. It also stacks Flamboyant for the extra AOE.

Explosive Arrow:

My fellow Cras. Stand at attention! A moment of silence for our fallen comrade.

All jokes aside, for AOE Fire Cras, Explosive Arrow is THE heavy hitter. Yes, the nerf to one-use per turn did hurt, but it's a solid AOE spell, and at the cost of 5 AP 1 Wakfu, isn't horrible.

Earth Tree:

*tbc*
7 -3
Reactions 29
Score : 35648

Are you sure taking the resistance in place of the range is worth it? You can make up the extra resistance through runes to float around the 70% mark at end game.

10 Armor over 3 barrier seems like an awful large amount of wasted HP % as well

Other than those I find myself agreeing with a lot of the other things.

Currently i'm a single target air earth cra with 

10 Resistance, 3 barrier, Rest HP

20 Distance, 20 Single Target, Rest Elemental

20 Force of Will, 20 Initiative rest Dodge

20 Crit, Rest Crit mastery

AP, MP, Range, Damage

Cra is still in a very good place people who love Cra should not feel discouraged. Look over guides like this and make some adjustments that fit your playstyle. Cra can still out put a ton of single target damage they just aren't the room clearing plvling machines that they were before.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the guide as you post more. Keep up the good work 

2 -1
Score : 8970

With the ridiculous damage late game monster do and the nerf on Cra's run-away-abilities (Polly & Burning Arrow) the major RES is a must imo.
Glass cannon Cra might have worked before, but nowadays (late game again) with all those stupid enemy teleports,ranged spells, giant AoEs and the fact that you have to position more openly (Missing a decent no-LoS Spell) you need it.

Though I personally would go for Range instead of FD.

@Tost

Why do you take %Armor in Intelligence??
The amout of extra "hit points" you get should be the same as with % HP but with more HP instead, your Elusive-heals are better.

2 -2
Score : 880

It makes sense to see builds choosing elemental resistance instead of range if you see them taking %armor from HP in Intelligence. It means the character in probably not very well geared yet and is taking precautions against initial attacks before the battlefield positioning is under control, which can happen easily in harder than usual fights. I used to do this specially since I normally don't utilize a tank in my team.

0 0
Score : 847

how to build a cra after 1.56 patch
Go to wakfu.com
choose scroll to change class to your level
change to steamer/eca/xelor/rogue
profit

or log in wakfu game 
delete your cra
create a new useful class
profit

3 -21
Score : 817

I see alot of people saying AoE cras are not worth it anymore. But I still think earth-fire cras are awesome AoE DDs. I think you need to also have a ST build to whenever it fits the situation, but I absolutely love Piercing Arrow + The way of the bow. You very often hit 3 enemies without any previous positioning help, and that's better than hitting ST.

The above paragraph contents are all based solely on my opinion. But at this point I believe I'm wrong since everyone is pointing towards "Cra is ST" or "Cra is useless" direction. Can someone please point out where I'm wrong? Or which class has better big AOE spells right now?

3 0

panda have good aoe damage, Sad also is easy pick with a lot of aoe spells, also xelor can be done aoe but I never did it
huppermages have an aoe build, and it seems ok so far," Ivtea" that know how to do that.
And there is always Osamodas The GOD amongs man class, can do everything,from single target to beserk builds, heal, tank, aoe damage
on melee side, sac comes to mind,ougi also, and maybe melee bruiser panda.

0 -2
Score : 211

cafesoneca|2017-12-19 15:35:04
how to build a cra after 1.56 patch
Go to wakfu.com
choose scroll to change class to your level
change to steamer/eca/xelor/rogue
profit

or log in wakfu game 
delete your cra
create a new useful class
profit

garbage post. please dont post something useless. if you want to cry somewhere do it somewhere else not here this doesnt help new players. Good job making the guide. 
2 0

anyone that played this game long enough knows that ankama have always been buffing and nerfing cra, they just can't find a sweet spot for cra, I love cra don't get me wrong, but it is too painful to always go from good to trash, nerfing explosive arrow was not necessary, neither was nerfing roly, they could just lowered the damage a little, made roly 1 use a turn, but no, let's just cra leg

cra was a little over the board, but instead of nerfing cra they could have buffed other DD instead, people loved cra because it was an easy pick, good damage dealer with straight up mechanics, the real problem was moon bosses mechanics that favored Ranged dd with high range and mp steal mechanics and mobility, on zinit cra are on par with everyone else with the exception of Sac/Sram/Osa that are amazing now, steam also is amazing good on magma.

2 0
Score : 729

MiniMikeh|2017-12-19 01:07:09
Are you sure taking the resistance in place of the range is worth it? You can make up the extra resistance through runes to float around the 70% mark at end game.

10 Armor over 3 barrier seems like an awful large amount of wasted HP % as well

Other than those I find myself agreeing with a lot of the other things.

Currently i'm a single target air earth cra with 

10 Resistance, 3 barrier, Rest HP

20 Distance, 20 Single Target, Rest Elemental

20 Force of Will, 20 Initiative rest Dodge

20 Crit, Rest Crit mastery

AP, MP, Range, Damage

Cra is still in a very good place people who love Cra should not feel discouraged. Look over guides like this and make some adjustments that fit your playstyle. Cra can still out put a ton of single target damage they just aren't the room clearing plvling machines that they were before.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the guide as you post more. Keep up the good work 

@MiniMikeh

In my opinion, the resistance is absolutely worth it. The Range Major gives +1 Range and 40 Elementary Mastery, and the Resistance Major gives 50 Resistance to all Elements. For an average Cra player, it is much easier to find +Range gear, as compared to runing 5 Defensive slots (to get the +50). (ie. The Cra Bow gives +2, the Epic Dreggheadgear gives +2). In a lot of 200 builds I was making for my Cra, I found myself having *significantly* lower resistances compared to just about all other level 200 players, when I was focusing on the gear that gave me the highest dpt possible. My final build uses the Resistance Major and still gives me 6 Range, and I have over 70% Resists. Without the resistance Major that wouldn't be possible (imo, I haven't seen it).
And especially just given the nature of most-small maps on Wakfu, I've never felt that I really needed more range beyond 5/6 (Unless you really want to stack that 3% FD bonus from the passive, in which case go nuts.)

That said, I've never used Barrier and haven't really seen any benefit to it, but I'd be happy to listen if you'd care to provide insight on it.

@Tost

Why do you take %Armor in Intelligence??
The amout of extra "hit points" you get should be the same as with % HP but with more HP instead, your Elusive-heals are better.

@Gimonfu

Gimonfu, you make a great point about the Elusive passive, however personally I don't run it, and use Carnage (which is a 15% damage increase that's non-situational) instead, as I find myself in a lot of situations enemies (be it in pvp or pvm) are running towards you and getting within that 3-cell range. In addition, you don't need the Elusive passive to get the extra damage increase on Riddling Arrow, so all it's really there for is the 10% max hp heal and the +20 Sharpening, which imo isn't that beneficial. However, that really comes down to a playstyle preference.

That said, to provide some numbers, with everything into %Hp and Resistance, (at base level 200, no items, etc) you'd have 5330 Hp.
With %Hp, Resistance, and %Armor, you'd have 4510 Hp, and 1804 Armor, for a total of 6314 Effective Hp (For a difference of 986 Hp).

Now, with Elusive, you'd heal 533 Hp every turn without the % armor, and 451 Hp with the % armor.
That disparity continues as you get gear, etc, however in my opinion, it is better to heal slightly less and have more effective hp.

0 0

I see your points with the maps being small and i'd have to agree i've very rarely found myself not being able to be in range of something definitely got me thinking now about the benefits of it.

As far as barrier goes I look at it like this. It's reapplied every turn and absorbs the first 3 hits you take for -50% of your level in  damage while armor goes away once it's used up.

What caitz said however about dungeon runs and heal res does give armor some merit. Like I said in original post I feel like everyone has their own way of doing things I don't think there's a right or wrong way.

Happy to learn from your experiences and add them to mine etc (like with this resistance major) 

1 0
Score : 729

MiniMikeh|2017-12-19 18:36:35
I see your points with the maps being small and i'd have to agree i've very rarely found myself not being able to be in range of something definitely got me thinking now about the benefits of it.

As far as barrier goes I look at it like this. It's reapplied every turn and absorbs the first 3 hits you take for -50% of your level in  damage while armor goes away once it's used up.

What caitz said however about dungeon runs and heal res does give armor some merit. Like I said in original post I feel like everyone has their own way of doing things I don't think there's a right or wrong way.

Happy to learn from your experiences and add them to mine etc (like with this resistance major) 

Is there any math behind 3 Barrier as compared to say, 5, etc?
0 0
Score : 211

i am a level 150 cra any guide on what to equip from top to bottom armors etc...?

0 0
Score : 109

http://methodwakfu.com/en/builder/#Ja_Xaiy

1 0
Score : 3965

i personally went for ap mp range res,at the detriment of less range on gears for increased efficency (for example,sadida staff over a range weapon),what's your thoughts about that

(note that on ogrest,there's a particular phase that give -5range to all players,and on that phase the range variaton on cra really gonna make a difference)

0 0

I’ve been thinking about ap mp range res to since you get what 4% final damage off the range plus the mastery? It seems like a decent trade off

RaderElcaroman|2017-12-26 13:03:05
3%

yeah thats still pretty good when compared to the 10%
0 0
Score : 3965

3%

0 0
Score : 1

Not even finished!

0 0
Score : 49

Is this gonna be finished at all ?

0 0

Very nice guide! smileI love this gift of yours to the community !
I just returned to wakfu and wanted to ask please , how do cras deal with masqueraiders in pvp ? can you give me hints please ?

0 0
Score : -21

Update earth pls!

0 0

Update earth pls!

0 0
Score : 37

please update

0 0
Score : 1408

Sorry to upset you guys, but his last login is on March 3rd. I think he may have dropped the game.

0 0
Respond to this thread