By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Cra passives

By ByAllMeans - MEMBER - April 03, 2016, 20:15:13

I find myself a bit frustrated with cra passive skills. It seems that 4 are essentially mandatory (elusive, heightened vision, devious archer, and cra precision), leaving only 1 optional spot pre-200. This also means that cras don't have innate WP regen mechanics like most other classes — they need a passive for it (or, I suppose, they can place a beacon and then eat it with Plaguing. But that means 2 mandatory active slots, which is just as bad).

I think I'd like things better if Devious Archer were simply included as a built-in passive WP-regen mechanic, freeing up a spot for another, more interesting choice. Even if it meant reducing the gains a bit (+10 Sharpening per elemental spell, +20 for killing an enemy, perhaps), and/or packaging the Sharpened Arrowhead damage boost state with Cra Precision.

I'm not implying that cras are underpowered, because they're not. They're a great, balanced, ranged DD class, with some great escape mechanisms and some pretty nice MP reduction. They're just a little lacking in interestingness.

EDIT: what I DON'T want is for Sharpened Arrowhead to be nerfed in compensation — if that's the tradeoff, I'll take the passives as they are now.

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 2322

Don't fix the issue by nerfing the current passives but by buffing the other ones.

Anticipation is a nice passive but you'll need to either use Blazing Arrow twice or Lashing Arrow to make it as worth as Elusive. It's a valid replacement for Elusive though when you use a Fire/Earth Cra.

Powerful Shooting is extremely strong but only until late game when you've a high crit chance or when you upgrade it.

Archery is extremely situational.

The Way of the Bow and Pyrolysis Fusion are just straight out lackluster.

Also Beacon + Plaguing are mandatory in any case because it's just too good of a combo to regen 1 WP with just 5 AP and increase your next spell's damage by 40%. You'll also want Beacon in any case for the utility that it has.

0 0
Score : 17319

Elusive is pretty shitty. Loses to carnage unless you use Voracious arrow religiously.

DA sucks in about 65% of cases.

Powerful Shooting is amazing, why isn't that on this list?

Sharpness generation still exists, DA just accounts for 90% of it. Sharpened Arrowhead still exists without DA.

Anticipation is probably as good as Powerful Shooting for short term damage.

Archery is decent.

Way of the Bow has a specific use.

Pyrolisis is Fire Air cra's version of Anticipation

0 0
Score : 1192

I end up using Way of the Bow instead of Powerful Shooting for most ordinary fights, simply because I've got cra on a team of 6, and the extra jump from Piercing Arrow adds up fast (nearly every turn is beacon + piercing twice = ~5k damage more per turn with Way of the Bow, even with fewer/weaker crits). Boss rooms I often replace it with Anticipation, because I'm more inclined to play an MP-removal kite build with Rain of Arrows for Sharpened Arrowhead cleanup.

I can't see how I can forsake Elusive in most fights. The HP regen is handy, the Sharpening is a nice little bonus, and the final damage is consistent. Missing 5% final damage (after update) isn't worth swapping it out.

It's Devious Archer that annoys me the most. I just can't see the justification for making this a passive of its own — nearly every other class has something like this built in. Stick the Sharpened Arrowhead on another passive and create something interesting here. (To be clear, Sharpening doesn't still exist without at least one passive. And Sharpened Arrowhead is way too good to give up)

0 0
Score : 17319
ByAllMeans|2016-04-07 08:11:37
I end up using Way of the Bow instead of Powerful Shooting for most ordinary fights, simply because I've got cra on a team of 6, and the extra jump from Piercing Arrow adds up fast (nearly every turn is beacon + piercing twice = ~5k damage more per turn with Way of the Bow, even with fewer/weaker crits). Boss rooms I often replace it with Anticipation, because I'm more inclined to play an MP-removal kite build with Rain of Arrows for Sharpened Arrowhead cleanup.

I can't see how I can forsake Elusive in most fights. The HP regen is handy, the Sharpening is a nice little bonus, and the final damage is consistent. Missing 5% final damage (after update) isn't worth swapping it out.

It's Devious Archer that annoys me the most. I just can't see the justification for making this a passive of its own — nearly every other class has something like this built in. Stick the Sharpened Arrowhead on another passive and create something interesting here. (To be clear, Sharpening doesn't still exist without at least one passive. And Sharpened Arrowhead is way too good to give up)
Pierce sucks in any content where I'd take it seriously. It's worse than 20% crit and 200% crit damage.

HP regen is worthless if you're not getting hit and have a life steal shot readily available, especially if there's an eniripsa in the team. You're a cra, play the fucking cra. Don't be an eca don't be a Iop, get the hell away from everything. The biggest flaw with Elusive is that you dont get the heal, damage, or the sharpness if there's an enemy within 3 cells of you

Sharpness, like eh? I'd rather have Carnage pre-patch, and post-patch Anticipation is still just better, mitigation by not taking damage is much better than regening health lost. Especially when in any case where I have health TO regenerate, I'm not getting it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpened Arrow head doesn't come from DA.

In addition, Cra Precision > DA in any scenario where you can use 6 mp. It's just a better passive.

But I agree, it's a little ridiculous that these ARE passives, but I understand why they are.
0 0
Respond to this thread