FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Kavulu's Guide to the Cra~

By Kohnna628 - MEMBER - November 19, 2015, 07:31:35
Kav's Super Duper Review/Guide to the Cra!

*Disclaimer: This is an In depth guide that I am making! It is not perfect by any means, and I am in no way an Expert. My opinions are based on my experiences as a Cra! So I hope this can be of some help to new players/ people who want a new look at how the Cra works.

~Important States~

The Cra has several states to keep track of. Each of these plays an important role in the damage output of the Cra.

Sharpening: A state that stacks after each elemental spell cast. At 100 levels, Triggers Sharpened Arrowhead.

Sharpened Arrowhead: Regenerates 1Wp. +40% Final Damage to the next damage spell.

Flamboyant: A state that increase AoE damage by 10% per level. (Must be reapplied every turn) (Can reach a max of 50)

Reach: A state that increases Single Target damage by 10% per level. (Must be reapplied every turn) (Can reach a max of 50)

Riddled: A state stacked on enemies that reduces their Resistance to Critical Hits by 10% every level. (Must be reapplied every turn.) (Can reach a max of 50)

Biting: Biting can be used in conjunction with other spells for additional effects. Each level of Biting (Max 3) gives you +20% Mp removal chance. You may also use levels of Biting to reduce the Ap Costs of your Air spells by 1Ap.

Elusive: At the start of your turn, as long as no enemies are within 3 tiles of you, you become Elusive.

Pyro: Increases the damage dealt by the next Blinding Arrow by 1% per level. (Max 25%)

Lysis: Increases the damage dealt by the next Storm Arrow by 1% per level. (Max 25%)

Precision: Per level: +3% Critical Hit Chance, +15% Critical Damage. (Max: 18% Crit Chance, +90% Crit Damage)

Crarsenic: A poison applied by Poisoned Arrow. Deals -1 Air damage per level at the start of the enemies turn for 2 turns.

~Spells~

This is a brief overview of all the Cra's elemental spells. If you'd like to know specific damages, look at your spell deck! biggrin [Note! Asterisks (*) next to a spell mean that I have that spell leveled!]

~Fire Spells~

*Blazing Arrow(ST): (2Ap/ 2 uses per target): Steals 1 Mp, +10 Flamboyant

~ Very handy for stealing Mp. I often use it to stack Flamboyant, because you do not have to target anything to get the stacks.

*Voracious Arrow(ST):
(4Ap + 1Mp): Consumes all levels of Flamboyant to heal 4% of the damage dealt per level of Flamboyant (Max 200%), +10 Riddled

~ This arrow has saved my butt so many times. With max Flamboyant, I can usually heal from 500-1000 HP. (Plus the Riddle stacks synergize nicely with the Earth Branch)

Blinding Arrow(AoE):
(3Ap/ 3 uses per turn): Consumes Biting. Based on level of Biting: -2 to -4 Range. +10 Reach

~ This spell is pretty ok for PvP, for the -4 Range is pretty detrimental. It is pretty alright for damage too, if you are specced into AoE.

Burning Arrow(AoE):
(4Ap/ Straight Line): Applies Scalded. Pushes back 1 cell (No Collision Damage) +15 Flamboyant

~ If you don’t want to take Retreat arrow, this is a great spell to have. It is also great for pushing enemies next to Flaming allies, for it applies Scalded!

Explosive Arrow(AoE)
: (5Ap + 1Wp) Deals additional damage per beacon in AoE (Max 3). Per beacon in AoE: +10 Flamboyant

~ This is one of the hardest hitting spells the Cra has. Even with 1 beacon, the Explosive arrow deals incredible damage in a large AoE. A must have for any AoE Cra!

~Air Spells~

Retreat Arrow (AoE): (4Ap/ 1 use per target): Pushes back 3 cells. Deals collision damage per cell. +15 Reach.

~ I get yelled at a lot for not having using this spell. I would recommend it to anyone who finds themselves getting locked by enemies. This spell also deals considerable collision damage.

*Homing Arrow(ST):
(2Ap/ 4 uses per turn) Armor Shred. +10 Reach. If used on an ally: Transparent (They no longer block LoS until end of turn).

~ This spell is wonderful! Gone are the days of getting stuck behind allies with no way to hit your enemies! I often find myself shooting my allies with this spell as a friendly reminder to move out of my way.

*Plaguing Arrow(ST):
(3Ap/ 3 uses per target) A no Line of Sight spell. +10 Reach, if used on a beacon: Destroys beacon, triggers Sharpened Arrowhead.

~ This spell is one of my favorites. Not only is it a no Line of Sight, but it can be used to regen WP when used on Beacons!

Storm Arrow(AoE): (3Ap/ 3 uses per turn) +10 Flamboyant. Does extra damage is Cra is Elusive.

~ I used to use this spell all the time. It is probably one of my favorite AoE spells that the Cra has. But I decided to swap this spell out for Piercing Arrow.

*Poisoned Arrow(ST):
(5Ap + 1Wp) +15 Riddled, Applies Crarsenic. Consumes Reach: +2% Poison per level of Reach.

~ This spell is scary good. I often find myself hitting an enemy with it, then turning my back on it as it dies to the poison damage. Not only that, but it stacks riddling, which allows for a very nice transition between air and earth.

~Earth Spells~

*Riddling Arrow(ST): (3Ap) +10 Riddled. Extra Damage if Cra is Elusive

~ The bread and butter spell of the Single Target Cra. Having no usage limit or per target limit, in addition to also gaining damage bonus for being Elusive, I find myself spamming this spell over and over.

*Raining Arrow(ST):
(4Ap/ 2 uses per target) No LoS, +10 Riddled and Reach. Consumes Biting: Increased damage per level of Biting.

~ Another non-Line of Sight spell. It not only synergizes Air and Earth by adding Riddled and Reach, but also packs a HUUUUGE punch, dealing 2 times base damage after Biting Blow.

*Lashing Arrow(ST): (3Ap/ 1 use per target) +15 Riddled, -2Mp to target. (Increase to -3Mp at level 80)

~ Great for Cras who hate anyone having Mp ever. Also good for stacking Riddled onto enemies. After level 80, it doesn’t gain any more Mp steal, but the damage is alright. (I keep it at level 80)

*Piercing Arrow(AoE):
(5Ap/ straight line or diagonal) +10 Riddled, 2 rebounds in AoE, 1st rebound does additional damage, 2nd rebound does even more damage.

~ My favorite, most derpy AoE spell. The way this spell was coded is so strange, that I often find myself scratching my head in confusion. (Bonus note! Not only can you rebound this spell off of your Beacon, but you can also shoot it at people who block your LoS to rebound it to enemies!)

*Destructive Arrow(ST):
(6Ap +1Wp/ Straight Line) +20 Flamboyant. Consumes Riddled: +2% Extra damage per level of Riddled

~ This spell is my absolute favorite! It hits hard and is often a finishing move on most mobs. I will often go out of my way to make sure that I get back-stab with this spell, to maximize the amazing damage!

[/u]~Active Spells~

*Cra Beacon: (Cost: 2Ap) Places a Beacon! These beacons are useful for map manipulation, stacking Riddling on multiple targets, or regenerating Wakfu Points! They have a set range of 1-6, but require no line of sight.

*Roly-Poly: (Cost: 2Wp) You teleport 1 or 2 spaces away, and then gain 2 Mp! This spell is extremely useful if you want to escape a mob that's locking you, if you need to line up your Destructive arrow, or even for activating Cra Precision

*Eagle Eye: (Cost: 2Mp + 1Wp) This spell will increase your range by +4. It also increases the range of any mob or player within 2 tiles of you by +2 (Your teammates will thank you). In addition to the Range buff, it also gives you 20 stacks of Flamboyant and Reach. This is the closest thing besides map manipulation that we have to “support”.

Beacon Sneakin: (Cost: 2Ap + 1Wp) Allows you to switch places with a beacon from 3 to 6 tiles away. [Note: I never use this spell. I don’t know why. But I just don’t]

*Biting Blow: (Cost: 4Ap or 3Ap with Anticipation) This spell Stabilizes the target, gives them 3 levels of Incurable, and give you 3 levels of Biting. This spell makes Raining arrow deal 2 times damage. It is also useful for pinning down enemies that like to jump all over the place.

~Cra Exclusive Passives~

*Devious Archer:

-Level 1: Gives you +10 Levels of Sharpening for each elemental spell you cast!

-Level 2: Gives you +12 Levels of Sharpening for each elemental spell cast, as well as +40 Levels when you finish off an Enemy.

~This passive is great for Wakfu regen. In order to maximize damage, it is important to pay attention to how many levels of Sharpening you have!

*Heightened Vision

- Level 1: +2 Range and +2% Final Damage per Range

- Level 2: +3 Range and +3% Final Damage per Range

~One of the best passives in my opinion. When used in conjunction with Eagle eye, you can give yourself +12% final damage!

*Elusive

- Level 1: At the start of your turn, (If Elusive): Regenerate 5% Max HP and +10 Levels of Sharpening. (When Elusive) +10% Final Damage

- Level 2: At the start of your turn, (If Elusive): Regenerate 10% Max HP and +20 Levels of Sharpening. (When Elusive) +10% Final Damage

~Outside of Voracious arrow, Elusive can be used for health recovery. The additional Final damage is very nice, in addition to giving a few of your spells extra damage on top of that!

Archery

- Level 1: +1 Control, +1 Beacon max on the Ground. Per Beacon on the Battlefield: +4% Final Damage.

- Level 2:
+2 Control, +1 Beacon max on the Ground. Per Beacon on the Battlefield: +6% Final Damage.

~For the AoE Cra, this is a must have passive. For the Single Target cra, I find myself switching between this passive and Powerful Shooting.

Pyrolysis

- Level 1: After using Storm Arrow: +15 Levels of Pyro. After using Blinding Arrow: +15 Levels of Lysis

- Level 2:
After using Storm Arrow: +25 Levels of Pyro. After using Blinding Arrow: +25 Levels of Lysis

~This passive... Uhhh... If you want to spam 2 spells for the entirety of your fight, by all means! Go for it! I’m not saying it’s a bad passive, but I’ve never seen anyone use it. ><

*Cra Precision

- Level 1: For each movement, per MP used: +1 Levels of Precision (Max 6).

- Level 2:
For each movement, per MP used: +1 Levels of Precision (Max 6). When Precision reaches max Level: +20 Sharpening

~ CRITS FOR DAYZ!! If you have crits that aren’t garbage (like mine), then you will find this passive to be very helpful. At level 2, it is great for stacking Sharpening at the beginning of your turn to allow for max damage in your combos.

Anticipation

- Level 1: After removing an MP: +3% final damage (Max 20%). Biting blow's cost is reduced by 1 Ap.

- Level 2: After removing an MP: +5% final damage (Max 20%). Biting blow's cost is reduced by 1 Ap.

~ If you spec Mp/Ap removal, then this passive is great for you! I will probably add this one once I get to level 200~

Way of the Bow

- Level 1: Burning Arrow: Damage increased by 10%, AoE increased to 6, No longer Pushes. Piercing Arrow: Damage increased by 10%, now rebounds 3 times. Third time does the same amount of damage as the second.

- Level 2: Burning Arrow: Damage increased by 20%, AoE increased to 6, No longer Pushes. Piercing Arrow: Damage increased by 20%, now rebounds 3 times. Third time does the same amount of damage as the second.

~Another good specialized passive for Fire/Earth Cras. I will often slot this in my passives instead of Powerful Shooting when running lower level dungeons, simply for the extra rebound.

*Powerful Shooting

- Level 1: +10% Critical Hit Chance, +50% Critical Damage, -50% Non-Critical Damage

- Level 2:
+20% Critical Hit Chance, +200% Critical Damage, -200% Non-Critical Damage

~ A high-risk, high-reward passive. If you wish to channel your inner Ecaflip, this passive is great!

~My Build~

I am a “Pseudo-Tribrid”, Single-Target Cra.

*Stop looking at my horrid stats! T-T*

~Stat Points~

Intelligence: [10 Resist> 10 %Hp to Armor> HP]

I like to be a bit tankier than some other Cras. So I recommend 10 points to Resist, then 10 points into %HP to Armor, and then dumping the rest into HP.

Strength: [20 Ranged> 20 Single Target> Damage]

As a Cra, you will be doing 99.5622852% of your damage at range. So, take 20 points in Ranged Damage. As an Earth/Air Cra, most of your spells are Single Target, so put 20 points into that as well. Then the rest can just go to General Damage or HP if you'd like a bit more tankiness.

Agility: [20 Initiative> Dodge or Ap/Mp Removal]

As a Cra, it is nice to be able to move before enemies. Being able to distance yourself from an enemy is crucial to most victories! This being the case, take 20 points in Initiative. After that, you can either dump points into Dodge or Ap/Mp Removal. I recommend Dodge at earlier levels, but this is a personal preference.

Chance: [20 Critical Hit Chance> Critical Damage]

As a Single Target Cra, you will notice that your Earth spells stack Riddling on enemies. This reduces their Critical Resistance. So take 20 points into Crit Chance and then dump the rest of the points into Critical Damage.

Majors: [Mp+Damage> Ap> Range+Damage>Final Damage]

As far as Major points go, I always considered Mp to be of more value to me than Ap. That being said, I would recommend going Mp + Damage at 25, Ap at 75, Range and Damage at 125, and then Final Damage at 175. This, of course, will all depend on your playstyle. It is also plausible to take Reduction instead of final damage if you want to be tankier.

~My Spell Decks~

General Spell deck:

[u]

I tend to do the same rotation of spells, especially if I am taking down a boss:

Turn 1: Eagle Eye, Plaguing Arrow, Homing Arrow x2, Poisoned Arrow.

Turn 2: Line up for backstab: Riddle x2, Destruct.

Turn 3: Biting Blow, Rain of Arrows x2.

On turns I need some extra heals, or against weak-to-fire enemies: 2x Blazing arrow on an enemy, 2x Blazing arrow on another target, 2x Voracious arrow

Lower/level dungeons:

This is my lower level dungeon clearing build.

More or less, just shoot things with Piercing Arrow.

Remember: Beacons can help rebound your Piercing Arrows!

Boss killer/ max damage:

This is my boss killer deck. It is focused entirely on stacking the Riddled state onto the boss. This deck is mostly for Group dungeon runs, where a healer is present.

Final Thoughts:

Just go for it! Cra is a very rewarding class to play! Remember that you are a ranged class, so don’t give mobs hugs! Other than that, just have fun!

~Kavulu, that one Cra that sometimes shows up!

3 0
Reactions 20
Score : 1153

Yay, you finally got it done Vulu. Glad I could help.

0 0
Score : 250
BetterThanBoxBox|2015-11-19 07:38:18
Yay, you finally got it done Vulu. Glad I could help.

Thank you for forcing me to post it. x3
0 0
Score : 1229

Mind posting your gears, Vulu?

Nice guide btw. Just wanna add, if anyone wanna go full single target build, max retreat

0 0

My Gear:

Helmet: Solomonk
Sholders: Wa Wabbit's Awmbands
Cloak: Onist Cloak
Rings: Memory / String Hold
Weapons: The Ephemeral / Longblade Dagger
Belt: The Shock Absorber
Amulet: Wa Wamulet
Boots: Emiw Shoes
Chestplate: Withered Breastplate
Pet: Kippur the Crobak
Dragoturkey: Mr. Fluffles, the Long-Range Dragosteed

This is not my ideal set of armor. x3 I am currently working towards:

Helmet: Wa Cwown
Sholders: Thoughts
Rings: Memory / Golden Keychain
Weapons: Phenostem / Breath of Life
Boots: Traditional Boots? I dunno, I'm not very good at this. x3

And, as a response to doremonbeo, I don't take Retreat because it's an AoE spell. ^^ But I do sometimes find myself wishing I had it at times. x3
0 0
Score : 1229
And, as a response to doremonbeo, I don't take Retreat because it's an AoE spell. ^^ But I do sometimes find myself wishing I had it at times. x3
I always thought it was single target tongue. Derp!! Oh well, it's situational anyway. But i solo a lot so i use retreat very often, might as well level it so i could be able to do stab attack

About gear, the eternal is a nice upgrade from wa wamulet. If you can afford it tongue 
0 0
doremonbeo|2015-11-20 05:59:58
I always thought it was single target tongue. Derp!! Oh well, it's situational anyway. But i solo a lot so i use retreat very often, might as well level it so i could be able to do stab attack

About gear, the eternal is a nice upgrade from wa wamulet. If you can afford it tongue

Ooooooh. That is a nice amulet. biggrin I might have to try and get my hands on one.
0 0
Score : 294

Thank you very much for this very informative guide. I'll be using this for my Cra!

0 0
Score : 2

Hello
What gear do you recommend for lvl 120 without Solomonk

0 0

I'd reccomend going with Black wabbit gear. That's what I had. ^^ I think. x3 It's been a while. tongue 

0 0
Score : 2

Any recommendations for a level 82 who just switched to cra and is trying to get them down? I feel like i'm doing just absolutely horrible at it

0 0
Score : 720

Kav tongue

0 0
Score : -2997
Kohnna628|2015-11-20 04:00:54
Boots: Woboots
wat
0 0
Score : 104

We can get a passive spell called Fluctuation by completeing year 2 of huppermage quest. Is this skill good for cra?

0 0
Score : 3375
Aioshi|2016-01-25 08:05:26
We can get a passive spell called Fluctuation by completeing year 2 of huppermage quest. Is this skill good for cra?
You can make it work but overall is terrible for long range damage dealers.
0 0
Aigees|2016-01-25 15:43:38
Aioshi|2016-01-25 08:05:26
You can make it work but overall is terrible for long range damage dealers.
I have to agree. Fluctuation requires you to hug your enemies! And, as you know, Cras do not like hugs.
0 0
Score : 104

ok how do we go about the spell combo for pvp; most especillay against classes like Xelor and Feca... those classes that can teleport and stuff. Im a guard and i usually get attacked by Bonta port so its kinda tight space being a cra. i try to use biting blow, blazing arrow and lashing arrow.

Problem is i can only remove about 4MP and also Biting Blow has a 3turn cooldown.

0 0
Aioshi|2016-01-28 23:16:06
ok how do we go about the spell combo for pvp; most especillay against classes like Xelor and Feca... those classes that can teleport and stuff. Im a guard and i usually get attacked by Bonta port so its kinda tight space being a cra. i try to use biting blow, blazing arrow and lashing arrow.

Problem is i can only remove about 4MP and also Biting Blow has a 3turn cooldown.
I'd love to give you tips on PvP, I really would. But I absolutely despise pvp. Xx

There are many Cras that are far more skilled than I am!
0 0
Score : 720

No Kav, you're a beast Cra smile 

0 0
Score : 2283
Kohnna628|2015-11-20 04:00:54
This is not my ideal set of armor. x3 I am currently working towards:

Helmet: Wa Cwown
Sholders: Thoughts
Rings: Memory / Golden Keychain
Weapons: Phenostem / Breath of Life
Boots: Traditional Boots? I dunno, I'm not very good at this. x3

Consider Interminable Cloak instead of Onist and either Arcus Shushu or Tigus Shushu + Breath of Life.
0 0
Respond to this thread