By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Noob doubt. Initiative for PvE?

By TTeoBF - MEMBER - October 18, 2015, 13:52:30

So, recently started playing wakfu, and not sure how to build my cra.
I'm only goinng to PvE, some places I found people saying to put 20 agi points into initiative, but some say that is useless for PvE, so which is it?
If it's useless, what should I put into it?

Going with a single-target air/earth build.

0 0
Reactions 9
Score : 280

I wouldn't say it is useless but you need certain average team benchmarks to make it useful its a win/lose situation. Could go max mp removal then rest into dodge. Or just all dodge. I personally maxed initiative then all points into mp removal, but I play with a team at all times.

0 0
Score : 1226

I hate the new update because it took out the one thing that is unique in cra. That is initiative. But that doesnt mean you are extremely slow against most classes (rogue will always the fastest class from now).

Nonetheless i would still recommend maxing initiative. Because going first or before your teammates is an advantage for you to setup

I dont know about putting rest of your points in dodge. Because the further you progress through the game, the monsters you face will normally have high lock and you need at least double amount of dodge to get away from monster without penalty (2 dodge = 1 lock). So mostly you just resort to retreat arrow, roly poly or beacon sneak.

I haven't max out mp removal so i can't really tell if it makes a big difference. It might help you in some certain situation like spore boss, but i think it's a bit redundant. Since, you have biting blow that increases chance of remove mp by 60% so 90% of the time, you can steal 5 mp on 1 enemy if that enemy has no resistance to mp remove

All and all, i would max initiative then put points in mp remove and lastly dodge.

0 0
Score : 1898

Initiative is an important stat for pve for the meta game. The actual in-game effects only select turn order at the start of battle. That may sound unimportant, but having you team go first makes a HUGE difference in the speed with which you grind dungeons. Since overall turn order is determined by the teams total initiative, it helps your team go first even if you don't.

If you are fighting monsters solo, then going first means, you get control of first movement, you get to inflict a turn of damage etc.

Going first against easier monsters allows faster grinding, faster leveling.

So to those people who say initiative is useless in PvE aren't thinking of multi-battle time average as an asset, but as a long time player...anything that speeds riding is helpful.

1 0
Score : 161

Yes you need initiative as a Cra. It's very essential to make use of what Cra is good at.

PVE: U get the early AOE blast.
PVP: Faster riddling stack for faster destructive arrow cast (usually 3rd turn). Same thing goes for flamboyant and/or reach stack and their respective spells to consume.

Imo, it's not necessary for Cra to stat dodge. They have 2 escape tools already: Disengage & Beacon Sneaking. Beacon + Homing Arrow or Retreat Arrow, if there's no more WP left.

If u're fire/earth or tribid cra, u'd want to go for MP removal after maxing out your initiative stat.
If u're air/earth and have Lashing Arrow, MP removal isn't bad either.

After Initiative and MP removal are maxed, it won't hurt to put the rest of your points to AP/MP resistance.

0 0
Score : 824

initiative is a must for cra in pvp or pve.

dont talk about high lv dung only. like in mid dung (cactus or amba) cra really helpful to kill schakner (scorp on cactus) or archer mob on amba. cra with initiative will help some CC in your team to kill some mob which can make CC hard to do action in their turn.

so cra with initiative is a must.

and ever you see on movies? the lord of the rings esspecialy. almost all archer will hit first to hit down some enemy first before the knight go to the mid battle field.

- archer way ^^

0 0
Score : 17321
sycowellmaster|2015-10-25 11:24:43
Yes you need initiative as a Cra. It's very essential to make use of what Cra is good at.

PVE: U get the early AOE blast.
PVP: Faster riddling stack for faster destructive arrow cast (usually 3rd turn). Same thing goes for flamboyant and/or reach stack and their respective spells to consume.

Imo, it's not necessary for Cra to stat dodge. They have 2 escape tools already: Disengage & Beacon Sneaking. Beacon + Homing Arrow or Retreat Arrow, if there's no more WP left.

If u're fire/earth or tribid cra, u'd want to go for MP removal after maxing out your initiative stat.
If u're air/earth and have Lashing Arrow, MP removal isn't bad either.

After Initiative and MP removal are maxed, it won't hurt to put the rest of your points to AP/MP resistance.
turn 1 pvp cra is basically about mp chip

skip ap mp resistance, its a really useless stat sink, dodge is better
0 0
Score : -2964
HateSpawn|2016-04-13 01:05:16
Enjoy playing with 4-6AP when versing a Sram or a Xelor then tongue (you did say pvp)
0 0
Score : 17321
blazakkhakabow|2016-04-13 06:25:28
Enjoy playing with 4-6AP when versing a Sram or a Xelor then tongue (you did say pvp)
people dont stat ap mp resistance because of your class, get your head out of your butt lmao
1 0
Score : -2964
HateSpawn|2016-04-14 22:34:50
blazakkhakabow|2016-04-13 06:25:28
people dont stat ap mp resistance because of your class, get your head out of your butt lmao
Well, since it's pvp, they should. Or else they just gonna lose it... when they could've stood a chance.

Not just me, in PVP AP/MP resistance is one of the most important stats. How many classes rely on AP/MP rape in PVP? Cra, Rogue, Ecaflip, Feca, Sram, Xelor, Sadida. That's a considerable amount.
0 0
Respond to this thread