FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Water Enu Discussion - Drheller, Stats and Abilities!

By AuricaValentia February 22, 2012, 23:42:41

Hi^^

I plan on playing an Enu on release but have a couple concerns and questions. I had the following build, approximately:

Level 28
60 HP, all other points in chance
10~ Geology
5~ Drheller
5~ Combat Training
1~ Drhellzerker
1~ God Enutrof's Blessing

Also to note, I played in a cooperative trio the entire time (Eniripsa and Cra) and only really cared about PvE.

Drheller, Combat Training and Drhellzerker

I have found Combat Training and Drhellzerker completely useless, yet everyone mentions them in their builds. Am I using these abilities wrong? When I combine with my Drheller I am only able to use earth abilities, but I am water and my earth abilities sucked because of it.Am I missing something with Drhellzerker? Should I just ignore it as a water Enu?

Also, Combat Training seemed terrible. I levelled it up until the point to unlock the attack and it was doing 2-4 damage, not even close to worth the points invested. Does this get a lot better later?

Drheller himself was handy levelled up a couple of points. He was at a good enough level to take two hits at least and be able to move enough slots to pick up my bags. I don't see the need in much more, though.

So basically, about this selection of skills, are they useful later? Do I need 20 in each to make them actually good? Can I just not use water skills in my Drhellzerker form?

God Enutrof's Blessing

I only had one point in this but would much rather have more in here than the points I put into my companion. I was thinking about getting this up to level 7 which would give me 4% chance instead of 1% chance. The breaking chance doesn't really matter to me since enemies are almost always broken without it anyway.

Prospecting

First off, let me say I was extremely stupid. For some reason I just didn't see Mine Mover when I played. I honestly didn't use it once until level 25. I had 11 points in prospecting because I was finding it so difficult to get to mines, but now that I realize I can turn any mine into a gold quite easily, I'm starting to think I don't need as many points into this.

Stats

I started off the first large portion of levels into HP, up to 60 points I think. The rest went into chance. I still don't know the math on chance versus prospecting. How much HP does someone need at higher levels? How much chance can we get away with?

Spells

I didn't touch anything outside of water. I literally didn't even have any of the other trees unlocked (Was my second Enu, so I didn't bother). I got stuck using Cutting a lot followed by Rascalry if I had line of sight and Purge if I didn't. Bags were fun so I never really used Refinement and I found that my Rascalry was levelled up so much higher that my Tax didn't do as much.

Equipment

I used the Tofu set minus the boots, I had 10~ of each piece in the set but just never found the boots. What equipment do I go to next? Hell, what do I farm next after Gobballs and Tofus in my trio of three?

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : 172

I am fairly new to Enus, but your build seems reasonable to me, although I do have a few comments:

Drhellerker: You don't really need to put points into this since you aren't an earth enu. But at higher levels, the heal and the extra MP can really help if you're in a tight situation and need to escape.

Phone a phrend and Combat Training: Not really much to say besides that combat training also increases the HP of you partner if I remember correctly.

GED: I would recommend leveling this if you want to be richer, as the drops from it can be really helpful sometimes.

Prospecting: I'm gonna increase mine, but I'm not sure if TT utilizes the PP from mines or the base PP.

Stats: The HP vs Damage thing is an ongoing discussion, and you might prefer to use your own opinion on this.

As for the rest, I don't have much to say...

0 0
Score : 23

First off unless you plan on leveling some earth spells (if I made a water enu i probably wouldn't bother) Drhellzerker is probably useless. Actually its completely useless so don't bother.

Now on phone a friend I would at least get to level 6 seeing as it make combat training much more viable do to the fact that your Drheller will then have enough ap to attack twice.

Combat training is usually maxed because the damage comes from the chance to apply the burning state and/or the bound state. This though is something you that is up to you. As I think the person above me noted combat training also improves the Drheller's strength and damage which brings me to my final point, hp vs. strength vs. prospecting.

Your stat allocation should be based on your playing preference.

Glass cannon build would be a 1 hp to 2 chance every level. This would probably be extremely dangerous and may end up feeling under powered without enough benefit from damage.
Not something I would recommend do to the fact that end game may be too challenging.

A balanced build would be 3 hp to 1 chance every level. A safe bet and it benefits your drhellers health.

If you are thinking about investing more into combat training (PaF above level 6 isn't recommended for most non earth enus) then I would dump all your points into hp every level. This would maximize your drheller's health.

If you go prospecting I would through the rest of your points in hp and profit from drops (Make sure you get treasure tracker and you get nearly the same inherent damage boost from the balanced build at the cost of 100 hp).

I probably missed some info but I have to go. Hope it helps.

0 0
Score : 304

What i recommend :

Skills list

Phone a friend lvl 9 : 90 points
Geology lvl11 : 55 points
God Enutrof's blessing lvl 20 : 100 points
Treasure tracker lvl 20 : 100 points
Combat training lvl 20 : 100 points
Mine mover lvl 3 : 15 points
Prime of life lvl 5 : 35 points

Total : 495 \ 495
--------------------------

Skills level \ Enutrof's level

Phone a friend : lvl 6 \ 10
Enutrof's Blessing : lvl 10 \ 20
Geology : lvl 7 \ 27
Mine mover : lvl 1 \ 28
Treasure tracker : lvl 10 \ 38
Enutrof's Blessing : lvl 15 \ 43
Treasure tracker : lvl 20 \ 53
Combat training : lvl 20 \ 73
Enutrof's Blessing : lvl 20 \ 78
Geology : lvl 11 \ 82
Mine mover : lvl 3 \ 84
Prime of life : lvl 3 \ 87
Phone a friend : lvl 9 \ 96
Prime of life : lvl 5 \ 100

Note :

-Treasure tracker work with Equipement, base stats and mine bonus.
-You can put stats point in whatever you want, this build remain relevant
-Dhreller share the same elemental stats as you
-Prospecting + treasure tracker give all-elements Bonus to damage, chance give 87.5% more damage per points spent but it's water only
-Geology only change every odd level
-Mass Clumsiness is too costly in WP for Water Enutrof
-You should at least unlock Shady Shovel in the earth branch

0 0
Score : 1319

Here is what I would recommend.

Phone a Friend to 2
Geology to 11 (at least could go higher)

after that it depends on what you feel you need out of these choices:

Combat Training (pet damage)

Phone a Friend (more HP and movement for your pet)

Geology to 20.

God Enutrof Blessing (I'd only put 1 point into this. Reason being is that there are many other choices that you could be using to benefit you way more)

Treasure Tracker (This is nice but if your not building the prospecting stat I'd get it later on. Still good just other things will be better first)

Mine Mover (Can be used at 0 but a few points in this would probably help)

Prime of Life (If you don't want one of the above this is always an option too)

The main ones being Phone a Friend, Geology, Combat Training. These will all give you extra survivability and damage.

Between Geology, Combat Training and Phone a Friend alone you're looking at around 50-60 levels of points as it is.

After those I'd say its personal preference but I'd say those 3 are staples for Water.

As for stats I would go HP and Chance over Prospecting. HP is obvious and chance gives you more damage. You'll already be applying broke and building prospecting just from fighting on mines. While you may get one less drop or two you'll be able to take some damage and dish out way more damage making you more versatile.

I think having Geology max is important as you'll be moving around. The more mines there are the better chances you'll have at dealing your optimal damage.

0 0
Score : 3373

Combat Training has actually saved me a few times, heh. You know those close-call fights, when you're barely hanging on, and it basically comes down to you or the enemy? You attack, and of COURSE you leave the enemy with 2 HP, and of COURSE he's going to kill you if he gets to attack again...

...so I send out my drheller, who takes care of the problem for me. wink

Also, I find that tiny bit of damage the drheller does really does add up by the end of the fight.

0 0
Score : 1319
Alissendis|2012-02-24 12:44:23
Combat Training has actually saved me a few times, heh. You know those close-call fights, when you're barely hanging on, and it basically comes down to you or the enemy? You attack, and of COURSE you leave the enemy with 2 HP, and of COURSE he's going to kill you if he gets to attack again...

Also, I find that tiny bit of damage the drheller does really does add up by the end of the fight.
The skill is really underrated.

I think most people don't bother getting it early since it takes 5 levels to be able to attack with your pet. Not to mention at even higher levels it has a chance of applying flaming and bound.
0 0
Score : 2892
Alissendis|2012-02-24 12:44:23

It really doesn't seem like that 2 damage for 5 points is worth it. If you had those 5 points in another skill you would have just killed it outright, wouldn't you have?
0 0
Score : 904

I tried Combat Training then found out that, at level 10, it gave the Dhreller the Flaming state (not the ability to inflict the burning stat) and then wanted to delete my character. It's really not worth it for a Water Enu unless you want that bound chance that badly. Water Enu should invest first in Geology and then Treasure Tracker to make full use of mines. A few ranks in Phone a Fhrend for the summon range and pet movement, and it's actually effective to use them as tanks now due to the new lock mechanics.

0 0
Score : 1543

At what level do they lose the -50 lock score?

0 0

I believe they lose at rank 4 or 5, or whenever they become "Mature." I'm not sure though, but I know that at "Ancestral" they pretty much use your stats, barring hp.

0 0
Score : 3373
AuricaValentia|2012-02-24 21:29:43
It really doesn't seem like that 2 damage for 5 points is worth it. If you had those 5 points in another skill you would have just killed it outright, wouldn't you have?

Not necessarily. What other skill would you recommend that would raise damage? Treasure Tracker, maybe, but at low levels your PP score wouldn't be high enough to benefit from Treasure Tracker much. I just find that for me, Combat Training has been useful. I've tried all kinds of variations thanks to the frequent stat resets during CB/OB. I like my drheller. ^^;
0 0
Alissendis|2012-02-25 00:20:59
AuricaValentia|2012-02-24 21:29:43

Not necessarily. What other skill would you recommend that would raise damage? Treasure Tracker, maybe, but at low levels your PP score wouldn't be high enough to benefit from Treasure Tracker much. I just find that for me, Combat Training has been useful. I've tried all kinds of variations thanks to the frequent stat resets during CB/OB. I like my drheller. ^^;

Eh. Almost all passive stat boost start out with very mild effects. Even the Iop's infamous Compulsion starts off with +2% damage. The difference is that Enus can build their PP up to ridiculous amounts due to the new mine mechanics, and since mines start off fairly strong, you'll want to exploit that as much as possible. Not to mention, there are some sets that add a lot of PP and elemental stats, though sadly, I don't remember seeing any that were specifically for water Enus.

Then again, it is only 5 points to unlock the attack. I'm not big on numbers but still fairly certain that those points are better spent on other skills, at least early on.
0 0
Respond to this thread