FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Regular vs big pouch

By GreenEmerald - MEMBER - March 14, 2013, 05:35:59

How exactly does Purge affect a pouch? Alot of enus claim that purge increases the loot of the pouch, while others say that this spell doesn't do so. So what is the difference between a pouch and a bigger, purged pouch? If purge really increases the loot quality, then by how much?

0 0
Reactions 16
Score : 36880

I always thought that the bigger pouch did more damage or something stupid like that but as far as drops go that honestly never crossed my mind o.o

0 0
Score : 7381

I've never seen a difference in terms of loot, but I know enus that swear by it and they always try to make them bigger. It would be cool if it could be confirmed or denied here. However, personally I've never seen a difference, so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't make a difference on loot.

0 0
Score : 930

I've never noticed a real difference in loot either. That could be because I didn't try much on boss pouches or it could be the difference is so ridiculously small that it's hard to see. It could also just be broken. Interested in this as well. Maybe an old enu will enlighten us.

0 0
Score : 7490

I die a little every time someone purges a pouch from a boss.
I've not seen a difference myself.
And I don't like it when someone 'confirms' it by luck.

0 0
Score : 7284

the only difference i noticed is = normal pouch gives you 10% attack bonus when looted... big pouch gives you 30% attack bonus. And thats all.

The drescription says it makes the bag bigger so it holds more stuff in... but dunno... i just want ankama to fix the really broken percents in this game... is really annoying not being able to dodge someone when you have 95% chance of dodging (like 3 times in a row happened to me), or 10% CF working like... every single time i use a skill, or 30% dodge on strich dungeon working like 70%.. but thats offtopic... sorry

0 0
Score : 4836

From my personal experience as an 110 enutrof a big bag gives 2 items and a regular bag 1 item. I prefer not using it on bosses because the quality gets lower in some dungeons.

it is however nice when you are collecting materials ^^

0 0
Score : 735
ThyHolyOverlord|2013-03-14 11:44:32
From my personal experience as an 110 enutrof a big bag gives 2 items and a regular bag 1 item. I prefer not using it on bosses because the quality gets lower in some dungeons.

Ohhh thanks for that.
0 0
Score : 4836
BbeforeA|2013-03-14 12:30:04
ThyHolyOverlord|2013-03-14 11:44:32

Ohhh thanks for that.

Of course i cant tell if my hunches are the truth with the quality of the goods thing, its just something i noticed while farming. For example my rare loot droprate was a lot higher in the hurl dungeon when i didn't use purge.

The double items thing is really easy to confirm, just fight a single hoodlum and use purge. On a big bag you should get 2-3 items. 0-1 from the normal drop and 2 from the bag usually candy or stasili.
0 0
Score : 882

I've never gotten two items from a big pouch and I purge a lot, though my enutrof is low level. It does seem to give you rarer drops than usual, but who knows.

0 -1
Score : 167
Evalora|2013-03-14 16:29:09
I've never gotten two items from a big pouch and I purge a lot, though my enutrof is low level. It does seem to give you rarer drops than usual, but who knows.
I'm mostly playing with water enutrof (110 lvl) and i've never saw 2 items from big pouch
0 0
Score : 718

You don't drop 2 items from the pouch ever; big or small.

The text is really just referring to the damage you get. It's stating that when you make it bigger it has more "stuff" in it so you get a higher % of dmg or dmg to the enemy.

0 0
Score : 1441

If a pouch is already on the floor and another pouch drops on it, if a Drheller uses the retrieval spell or a player stands on the space where both pouches have been placed then both pouches will be picked up.

Making a pouch bigger with Purge causes it to give +30 Power instead of +10 unless they changed it in the recent update.

If two pouches are on the same space, would using Purge on the space make both big? And if one is already big but a second one drops on the same space, would using Purge on the space cause the first bag to explode and the second to possibly grow?

0 0
Score : 13934

I've always looked at pouching as receiving an item from the mobs loot table where PP doesn't factor in. A roll is made against using the normal drop rates. So I have a 0.3% chance of pouching a rare imperial item from some boss. A roll that results in no item would default to some candy.

Trying to determine if the bigger pouch yields better loot would be very difficult and require a large sample size. I have no sweet clue how a big pouch would increase your odds of getting "better" loot. Maybe You make two rolls and you receive the rarer item. This would essentially double your chances but a 0.3% item only increases to 0.6%. Good luck eyeballing that.

I never use Purge myself. A failure rate of 25% resulting in no item (without a crit I believe) doesn't seem worth it for the possibility of a better item that's never been verified.

0 0
Score : 6

hey guys i read in an enutrof guide on the forums that bigger pouches give you a better chance at obtaining rare loot rather then the normal. Now i am only a level 24 enutrof but so far i have noticed that i tend to get more equip pieces from the bigger bags but that could have just been sheer luck i haven't heard any solid evidence so far tho.

0 0
Score : 3435

Someone really needs to update the description of that Purge spell. It is very misleading.

0 0
Score : 68
Gynrei|2013-03-14 21:49:00
I've always looked at pouching as receiving an item from the mobs loot table where PP doesn't factor in. A roll is made against using the normal drop rates. So I have a 0.3% chance of pouching a rare imperial item from some boss. A roll that results in no item would default to some candy.

Trying to determine if the bigger pouch yields better loot would be very difficult and require a large sample size. I have no sweet clue how a big pouch would increase your odds of getting "better" loot. Maybe You make two rolls and you receive the rarer item. This would essentially double your chances but a 0.3% item only increases to 0.6%. Good luck eyeballing that.

I never use Purge myself. A failure rate of 25% resulting in no item (without a crit I believe) doesn't seem worth it for the possibility of a better item that's never been verified.
This sounds wildly accurate. I've always been led to believe that Purging a pouch increases the chances of a rare item being found, since beta times.

There is a chance that it could be broken, but I do recall a friend being able to find Haven Gems a lot easier with a big bag in beta.
0 0
Respond to this thread