FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A letter of dismay from big fuzzy

By Lemon55 February 27, 2013, 02:10:05

I have been playing an earth enu zerker build from closed beta. The class originally attracted me because of the excitement of transforming from a mild mannered old man into a ferocious beast. I spent countless hours building my zerker up to ancenstral levels, collected enough points to gain two stat MP and max out Prime of Life, as well as having assembled the best gear that would benefit the beast within me. Eventually all my hard work paid off and I was able to tear around any map while delivering punishing blows to my foes. The earth shook beneath my strike. Even though I primarily stuck with the same old two spells I was still satisfied with the amount of shear mobility and destruction I was able to commit. Even when I switched some of my build's focus into prospecting I was still felt like a white terror and was vastly content.

But now...

Now I feel cheated. I understand the point of making a non-zerking earth enu build worth it, but why at the penalty of the mighty zerker. I loved the strategy of planning out my MP to make sure I would be able to move the appropriate amount of spaces to gain my max damage bonus while still having enough left over to strike. I would clamor in joy when a few enemies lined up so I may punish them with a devastating Shovel Shaker. Even after moving across the map and attacking, I could rely on Prime of Life to give that last extra MP boost to get out of the way of my allies.

I spent the time to gain my maximum damage boost after two spaces. I spent the time to gain extra MP so that I could be helpful with other classes that had many, many other versatile attacks. I stuck to my discipline of transforming, moving, and attacking with the same old spell. The zerker doesn't have tricks up his sleeve or specials to add some flash. To succeed you must be 100% earth and 100% zerker; and the zerker only knows how to run and pummel.

Then why (I am trying hard to ignore the erroneous bug that causes the loss of my bonus after one attack even though I was promised a bonus for an entire turn) should I have to waste FOUR MP to gain a LESSER bonus? Especially when the only attacks that worth any consideration each cost 5 MP to cast? For those counting, this is already 9 MP for one attack at max bonus. Even with a maxed out Prime of Life this leaves me with a remaining 5 MP. I could make another attack but I would be left dry and at least 2 spaces from any opponent (being that all ranged are reduced to at most 2 spaces.)

The zerker is not a punching bag like the sacrier; and as Ankama has stated, it is a 'mobile tank.' Quickly, I am swallowed by the enemies around me and even if my dodge is high (nod to 'Not That Old') if I can't move I can't stack a bonus; and if I am locked then it is back to Enu again. At least before, if I were able to get out of this jam and re-transform I would gain some HP back but no longer.

All I am saying is to let the disciplined Zerker be a Zerker. We sacrifice so much else the Enu class has to offer to become the beast inside. If we are only allowed to be good at one thing, let us be great at it, not stifled.

I suggest restoring at least some of the range Zerker spells as well as the four spaces Shovel Shaker used to cover. And if you can't give us a max bonus (even of 150%) with two spaces of movement for having maxed both Phone a Frhend and Drhellzerker, then at least give us some other ace in the hole.

I have tried other classes and builds but this is the only one I care about in any fashion and to see that reduced to a novelty saddens my Wakfu soul. I hope you take this humble plea into consideration before the next hotfix.

Sincerely,

Ennest

2 -1
Reactions 10
Score : 6175

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you in some points. The new Earth Enutrof requires more strategy than the old one, as you can use the human form to take MP then switch to zerk and for that you have to plan your turns. I think at first they were going to give us a 1 turn damage bonus instead of bonus for the next attack done, they seem to have changed their mind though. I do not agree with some changes, for example, Shovel Shaker's area of effect nerf. I prefer the new earth Enutrof than the old one, as it requires more brain usage to be played.

I however agree that we could have better changes than what we've got.

I am happy with my damage, it's not too huge nor too low, as I can do up to 400 on deadly nightspade crits under zerker form. I can use my backstab bonus to do some nasty damage if I get lucky too, reached around 900 with Shady earlier from backside, you just have to find new strong spots and tactics. With dodge boost we gained after patch, you can use it to walk around your enemy and get some damage bonus from behind.

1 -1
Score : 145

I appreciate your comments. Perhaps as I play on I will grow more fond of the changes. At the moment, unfortunately, I just feel that my wings have been clipped. I will try to take solace in the opportunity to revamp strategies.

0 0
Score : 393

I agree with you guys, I spend almost a year making my Zherker Build perfect. Now i feel betrayed! The new Enu Earth build looks fun and i cannot complain if i would play only earth enu. But i loved Zherker! Taking the Aoe from Zherk is making me really sad sad

~Awi

0 0
Score : 3198

Currently in a state of shock.

As a Zerker Enu enthusiast I managed to log on and test our changed spells..

Normal Earth Enu got a good buff, Zerker Enu got an extreme nerf.. I'm still mortified by the new Shovel Shaker.. less range and shit all AoE in Zerker mode..

Great going Ankama, you deserve a medal.

Words cannot express how annoyed I am at my seemingly useless build.

1 0
Score : 753

Fire branch is nerfed too. For the greater interest I suppose. Welcome back to stupid loot monkey strategies! These patches should be called downgrades, not updates =(

0 0
Score : 325

Agreed with a majority if Niddhoggy's points. Prior to this update, a majority of 1 v 1 battles would only consist of the Zherker casting PoL, then a triple Shovel Shaker. This at least gives us some diversity.
I, personally, have never liked the idea of having to depend on dodge as there's always a risk of getting locked, losing a turn, turning back to Enu Form and inevitably losing a WP (provided you didn't attack that turn)

but as previously stated, our tactics do seem to revolve heavily around running around and backstabbing.

The Shovel Shaker nerf was absolutely dreadful, though. I hope to have at least kept a linear AoE of 3 cells, since AoE range isn't even modifiable. Being unable to MP steal at all in Zherker mode is also quite a massive turn off.

0 0
Score : 753

>Being unable to MP steal
We've got a new passive skill at the other hand.

0 0
Score : 60

instable game... so instable... i love the ones that suck Ankamas feet after all the cheating received from her... HAHAHA

0 0
Score : 145

Update 2/28

Would just like to vent my seer disappointment about the conducting of this game. As most of you know, there was a hotfix deployed today which fixed exactly zero of the Enu's bugs created by the last 'update.' Essentially, I now possess a character which I have worked on for about a year which is completely useless until (if/when) the bugs concerning movement bonuses are fixed.

Thanks for nothing.

0 0
Score : 101

Ankama tried to change the hellzerker into something that required a brain to play. i was planning on changing to fire because earth enus were the most boring thing i have ever played. same thing every turn, triple shovel shaker and pass. The class actually takes some thought to play now, i guess if you want a mindlessly easy class go be an iop or something. this a step in the right direction to making the game have challenging pvp and not just "ha i hit obscenely more damage then you so i win". so stop complaining that you don't do tons of damage a turn, because earth enus are blessed with 15+ mp a turn, so much you can do to outplay and beat people.

0 0
Respond to this thread