FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

A Beginner’s Guide For All Iops!

By LeunKiithsaHunter February 09, 2012, 01:18:43
Reactions 28
Score : 1716

Well now that the arguing has gone down, nice guide Leun. It's nice to see someone even suggest the use of Bravery Standard.

0 0
Score : 289
LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-09 08:29:04
Lionisio|2012-02-09 07:52:15
LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-09 06:31:00
Lionisio|2012-02-09 05:59:42
I think in order for this to be a full guide you're gonna need to include gear options for builds. The information given tells people what skills and specialties to get and such but they're gonna need to know what gear to get and at what levels. Like for the Earth section, I don't know if I can agree on your skill rotation. If Earth Iop's only do Shaker, Jab, Gutting Gust, Uppercut, that's pretty weak compared to the other elements. The Earth build is pretty reliant on AP gear, total of 8 AP to be exact, in order to do 2 Shakers, Gutting Gust, Uppercut; that's when Earth does decent damage.
Agreed, but until then they would exclude some damage by leaving out jab, and I can't give a guide on gear as I've never been around end game.

Then I would be setting people up for failure. This is guide to help the starter who doesn't have a damn clue where they should be allocating their points.
If that's your goal then I think you might want to label this as an Introduction rather then a guide. Which isn't a bad thing in all honesty, 'cause sometimes new people really need just an introduction rather then a full on guide to get a general idea of the class. But if your goal is to not set people up for failure you're gonna have to lead them into mid to late game otherwise they'll be stuck in a position that could possibly stop their progression and force them to start over. Only reason I stress this is because Earth Iop is kind of a slow bloomer compared to Fire and more so Air, they have to be a little under par for the first 30-40 levels till they get 8 AP and then start doing possibly more damage then the others. But getting 8 AP isn't really that late game, you can get this at level 40 and it's not too difficult to acquire.
Noted and revised, and I would think the individual pretty dumb not to realize 8 AP allows them to due 2 Shakers. Ap gear is a must for all IOPS since we are now forced into a base damage only role.

Criticals no longer apply to the class. So the more damage the Iop does the better, and attacking more often is the way to go.
They might not be dumb but just new to the game. I wouldn't expect someone day one or two to understand the spell potential they could have through equips, without properly studying up on the game before starting their character, Wakfu and Dofus are pretty unique with features like this. If they do they won't have a problem realizing this and pick up their build as they go. Little facts like this can really help out all the new people joining Wakfu lately, there are some I've met recently that are in desperate need of it.
0 0
Score : 1052
LeunKiithsaHunter|2012-02-09 07:11:12
Iops have a nasty little weakness of being kite-able.

Oh boy, you're full of silly Iop ideas aren't you?! Iop has huge mobility. Leveling Jump to level 4 allows you to jump twice in one turn, coupled with Iop Punch or Charge, and your mobility starts to add up quick. Iop isn't the most mobile, obviously, but he's no turtle; he can move.
0 0
Score : 1716
youLuz|2012-02-09 12:33:22

Oh boy, you're full of silly Iop ideas aren't you?! Iop has huge mobility. Leveling Jump to level 4 allows you to jump twice in one turn, coupled with Iop Punch or Charge, and your mobility starts to add up quick. Iop isn't the most mobile, obviously, but he's no turtle; he can move.
It's true that Iops have mobility, but it's still limited. Iop plus a bow is a good way to get around being kited by a few other classes.
0 0
Score : 1809
youLuz|2012-02-09 12:33:22

Honestly do people pull assumptions out of their ass? Being kited is a Iop's weakness, it suddenly doesn't mean they aren't going to eventually catch up, or lock down someone, but you use the worse example ever. Jump? I like jump, but that doesn't mean a player isn't going to waste wakfu catching up to someone.

Two jumps is a whole lot of ability points and wakfu just to play catch up and do nothing but that. That isn't the point, jump has it's uses, and if that is a clutch move a player wants to make so be it, but trying to say they aren't kite-able because of jump is a huge misnomer.

Look noobs jump costs a player 1 wakfu no matter what, and that player only has 6 to begin with in a fight. Dumping wakfu into jump only to play catch up is a serious dent in dps when that player doesn't make contact in that same turn.

My advice as Jinouga has stated is to get a bow, use charge or super iop, and then when their in range of a jump do so. The only time you would want to use jump outside of range is due to clutch reasons. Low on health, party member is going to die, and etcetera.

Jump has it's limitation, and as previously pointed out Jump will take awhile to level. The point costs scale every 3 levels, going from 5, 10, to 15 finally; which is 18 levels of saving up specialty points. A player isn't going to get a 2 AP and 1 Wakfu Jump early on by any stretch of the imagination. Level 7 of Jump is the earliest in point distribution when Jump is finally 2 AP.

Like I stated, Iop's weakness is mobility. The great thing about weapons though is their are plenty of range types that have an element of every type, so it helps with the Iop's mobility issues.

Edit: The fact Jump still costs a Wakfu by level 9 is total BS by the way Devs.
0 0
Score : 359

I have no idea why anyone would just jump for mobility. It is useful for jumping over someone and bypassing clones to pop them since at the rear of someone Lock is reduced. Flatten gains you 4 squares and a 7% chance to get stunned is just the tradeoff. A bow coupled with maxed flatten, not needing a target to do a super iop punch, and even 3mp suffices to avoid being kited. Pushing someone towards a wall/corner area where you cut their mobility by half or more is part of playing the iop. You just need the hp to survive the travel which if done right should take only one turn.

Also remember that in group pvp the Iop's mobility gets better. Especially since flatten does little damage but regardless of whose side the pets/dolls are on, they suffice to use as a stepping stone.

0 0
Score : 388

Curious as I have only played a little of Dofus and watched upto episode 24 of season 2 Wakfu, do Iop's have Shushu as weapons? Or has this been removed?

0 0
Score : 289
WadeMcGinnis|2012-02-27 07:53:36
Curious as I have only played a little of Dofus and watched upto episode 24 of season 2 Wakfu, do Iop's have Shushu as weapons? Or has this been removed?
Sadlygrove was a Guardian, so no Iop's don't have ShuShu's. Only Guardian's protect ShuShu's and there isn't any way of becoming one in Wakfu for the time being.
0 0
Score : 285

fyi, you can cast increase more than 1nce on yourself -- or even on an ally.

plus, it's so dbz. totally awesome.

0 0
Respond to this thread