FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Pros with the Earth branch?

By January 24, 2012, 00:56:23

What can it do that Fire can`t do better? Shaker has good AP:damage ratio, but Thunderbolt with scalded can get almost the same damage with 1 less AP. My bread and butter as Fire Iop is Thunderbolt + Celestial.

Fire`s gap closer looks more reliable because the stun effects on Earth are so low even at lvl 100, not to mention it deals much less damage if we`re to consider 1 MP = 1 AP because of Iop`s gutting gust. Devastate has Iop`s Wrath beat, but given as the system right now encourages focusing on only 2-3 spells for your main dmg, either spell will never get used because they`ll be underlvled or are very situational.

The problem is I`m judging all this from the skill descriptions alone, has anyone tried both branches to compare? I do not want to grind another character before release, or I will fail my midterms.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 316

8 AP double shaker compared to 9 AP triple thunderbolt, shaker does more damage still. Getting that extra 1 AP is also hard without putting points into it while 8 AP is easy. The gap closer is better for fire but gap closers aren't used much once you've caught up to the enemy. Also fire's main damage is using 2 skills unless you just spam thunderbolt and ignore celestial so it won't be as strong as earth which only uses shaker.

0 0
Score : 1070
ForceOfNature|2012-01-24 01:16:18
8 AP double shaker compared to 9 AP triple thunderbolt, shaker does more damage still. Getting that extra 1 AP is also hard without putting points into it while 8 AP is easy. The gap closer is better for fire but gap closers aren't used much once you've caught up to the enemy. Also fire's main damage is using 2 skills unless you just spam thunderbolt and ignore celestial so it won't be as strong as earth which only uses shaker.
You`re supposed to use Thunderbolt with Celestial sword, then that scalded effect will make the 9 AP deal out 166 base dmg with more damage to AP ratio than Shaker. The problem of course is that you have to focus on two skills over one skill, but at least Celestial sword can double as an AoE spell. Not necesarilly a con for fire if you`re going to focus on Impact with Shaker.

How about the other spells for Earth? I said Impact with Shaker earlier just to fill in that AoE niche, but I`m not really sure how effective Impact`s AoE is, it has better AP:dmg ratio than Celestial though. Rocknoceros seems useless given an Iop should be close combat all the time, and Devastate is too situational thus probably not worth the effort like Iop`s Wrath. Ignore those two skills?
0 0

Yeah I didn't think about the scalded damage till after. Impact i'm not sure about although im pretty sure Earth Iops just get 8 AP and don't really use impact ever lol. Rocknoceros is only for those rare times when you cant reach an enemy but can throw something. The AOE skills are both not worth it probably. I don't really know since my Earth Iop is a low level, i'm just testing one and haven't tried a fire iop yet. I might just main a fire iop instead of earth if there is a wipe, mine right now is pure air. I heard that if you get 9 AP on fire though and double thunderbolt into celestial you do double the scaleded damage? In that case fire seems better to me too, assuming you can get 9 AP.

0 0
Score : 260
Aaronlon|2012-01-24 02:24:47
ForceOfNature|2012-01-24 01:16:18
You`re supposed to use Thunderbolt with Celestial sword, then that scalded effect will make the 9 AP deal out 166 base dmg with more damage to AP ratio than Shaker. The problem of course is that you have to focus on two skills over one skill, but at least Celestial sword can double as an AoE spell. Not necesarilly a con for fire if you`re going to focus on Impact with Shaker.

How about the other spells for Earth? I said Impact with Shaker earlier just to fill in that AoE niche, but I`m not really sure how effective Impact`s AoE is, it has better AP:dmg ratio than Celestial though. Rocknoceros seems useless given an Iop should be close combat all the time, and Devastate is too situational thus probably not worth the effort like Iop`s Wrath. Ignore those two skills?

I messed up leveling my earth/air iop by trying to keep most of my earth skills all at the same lvl. but now im just focusing on shaker and impact and it's turning out to be a solid build. im currently lvl 26 w/ +150% earth dmg and my shaker hits for 35-39 (crits 50+) and my impact hits for 15-17 (crits 25+). one thing im finding out that im liking is impact in a group of mobs and getting show off to proc several times is very nice. as for hitting mobs that like to run far away, im currently using the rain bow which is making it very nice to hit them every turn (doing anywhere from 48-60+ dmg w/ it). plus it allows me to stay at ranged while soloing higher lvl mobs or groups of mobs (currently killing crabs to lvl).

if there is a wipe ill defiantly just focus on shaker, impact, jabs or flurry and gutting gusts. then every now and then ill lvl my other earth and air spells just to get the extra dmg u get w/ leveling them.
0 0

Oh I was wondering also. For an Earth Iop, would show off be better than authority? Since you don't have as many attacks per turn as air or even fire.

0 0
Score : 44

all Iops use gutting gust and uppercut. they're basically free damage if you haven't moved or have no better use for your WP.

for group play show off is amazing, especially when grouped with high crit classes like cra or earth panda

0 0
Score : 3440
KingoftheCoopahs|2012-01-28 11:16:23
all Iops use gutting gust and uppercut. they're basically free damage if you haven't moved or have no better use for your WP.

for group play show off is amazing, especially when grouped with high crit classes like cra or earth panda

If anything, all Iops should have at least 1 point in Show Off. That +8% damage shows up more often than you think, even at lower levels.
0 0
KingoftheCoopahs|2012-01-28 11:16:23

I know, but earth still attacks less than the other elements. I'm planning to make an earth iop after wipe, and i'm not sure if I should still get authority. You're saying that authority is still worth it though?
0 0
Score : 285

after stat reset, i have 60%earth from strength 40% from compul and can get up to 175% from increase. im running tree set now with tards (sat ring+rain bow for grinding for that ini bonus). my shaker is -2 my lvl so its 57 now. dbl shaker hits like truck. 110-140 each shaker depending on targets resist. my gust (i only use gust) is about lv 26 atm.. might lvl it a bit more

someone lvl a fire iop and hit 9ap.. i wna compare!

0 0
Score : 264

Both fire and earth Iops put out excellent damage. You are splitting hairs if you want to pick one over the other because of a tiny difference in damage output. There are two things I would consider instead.

First, which situational spells do you like the best? Super Iop Punch is one of the nastiest closing attacks in the game, and while Earth's chance of stun is low, if you actually do get a stun at high levels you will totally wreck your target with a turn of free attacks.

The other consideration for people who invest in their elemental stat is which classes do you want to harden yourself against and which do you want to be more effective at attacking. Fire Iops are going to shrug off Fire attacks easier and Earth will shrug off Earth. For example, a Fire Sacrier who invests in HP is going to have his damage seriously mitigated when attacking a Fire Iop, but an Earth Sacrier who invests in HP is going to have problems with an Earth Iop.

0 0
Score : 1045

The difference is in stun. If you manage to get a stun off, you can turn an entire fight.

However, only two abilities grant stun, and even then it's a waste of AP.

0 0
Respond to this thread