FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Wildfire Build

By Sihren February 03, 2011, 19:01:40

I detailed the idea for the build in a different thread, but I think it deserves its own place to be discussed. Here's the quote from that message:

I'm not very far in yet (level 8) but I'll detail my first build attempt. Keep in mind that I've given almost no thought to per-level optimization. I'm working on a pure fire Iop. As others have mentioned, the battle style is focused on close combat and the low cost / high usage Thunderbolt is the primary elemental spell. My secondary attack spell, and the other one that I am conspicuously leveling, is Celestial Sword because it is valuable when surrounded by enemies.

Included in the fire line of spells is Super Iop Punch which allows for some jumping around the board. Latching on to the fact that I'm going to need to be very close to my opponents to hurt them and that I have a built-in movement spell, I decided that I would level Jump to further increase my mobility. I'll also probably put some points into Expert Locker.

Finally, I'll be focusing on the Lock and Dodge characteristics so that I can hold enemies in place to hit them and the leave the area if I want to. Obviously, being up close is going to require higher HP so that will be increased regularly.

Elementary Spells:
  • Thunderbolt
  • Celestial Sword
  • Super Iop Punch

Support Spells:
  • Jump
  • Expert Locker

Characteristics:
  • Lock
  • Dodge
  • HP

So please, if you have ideas for improvements or suggestions on how to optimize the build per level let me know! I'll update this as I play with the character more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The current build:

Elementary Spells:
  • Thunderbolt (primary damage)
  • Intimidation (primary damage with stacked opponents or against walls)
  • Evisceration (secondary damage, usually paired with two Thunderbolt attacks)
  • Super Iop Punch (movement)
  • Charge (movement)

Support Spells:
  • Amplification (max at 18)
  • Compulsion
  • Expert Locker
  • Jump

Characteristics:
  • Lock??
  • Dodge??
  • HP??
0 0
Reactions 10
Score : 34

Have you looked into leveling Vitality? It's a Passive spell and at level 4 gives a 140HP bonus I believe.

0 0
Score : 44

With the range of fire attacks for the iop, you want to level up all of the fire attack evenly, to provide a variety. Later on in the game, monster will develop better tactics, such as hiding behind mp loss squares. You will need judgement, and all other spells for varieties of situations. Compulsion and other passive/bluff damage improving abilities will probably do you better, jump will not help for a while. Health points, are not as important, as they can be scrolled (You will be able to buy them at stores). As well as your armour will give you all of the health bonuses you need

0 0
Score : 146
With the range of fire attacks for the iop, you want to level up all of the fire attack evenly, to provide a variety. Later on in the game, monster will develop better tactics, such as hiding behind mp loss squares. You will need judgement, and all other spells for varieties of situations. Compulsion and other passive/bluff damage improving abilities will probably do you better, jump will not help for a while. Health points, are not as important, as they can be scrolled (You will be able to buy them at stores). As well as your armour will give you all of the health bonuses you need

I'm confused by some of your information, HolyFyre. I was under the impression that scrolls for characteristics would not be part of Wakfu and that there aren't any stores, only players selling things. I also don't completely understand your statement about Jump, as it is a spell I already use quite often in battles. Have you been playing the French beta to come by your opinions?
0 0
Score : 4181

Build looks nice, but maybe you might want to include Iop's Wrath ?

I personally prefer the move so I can deal a large hit and then try and distance myself from the enemy so I can Increase my health with "Virility".

But then again if your going for the MOST DAMAGE for an Iop, you can never go wrong with a good Earth Iop =D .

Hope this helps some !!

0 0

I'm definitely adding Amplification as a core spell for this build. Actually, I'm coming to think of it as the most important support spell, which means I'll be leaving off Iop's Wrath because it too uses WP. Vitality doesn't seem to be worth the points to me as it gives only a marginal benefit over placing the points directly into HP, or am I missing something?

0 0
Score : 257

Virility

10 points for 15 health
15 points for 40
25 points for 80

lets do the math

50 points for +30 health more then spasming into Health you gain a +30 plus bonus just for getting it to 30
and this is level 3 it is better to max this out if you want health as im level 9 with 156 health

0 0

@whiteyzzz Thanks for proving my point. It doesn't even work out to double HP for ten levels worth of points. I'm coming around to HolyFyre's view that there isn't much need to boost HP (though I'm still unclear about the scrolling issue). Perhaps later in the game, if characteristic points are burning a hole in your pocket it would be something worth boosting. I'm going to leave it up there for now, but I am strongly considering removing any HP boosting as part of the lower levels of the build.

0 0
Score : 4296

Virility gives you roughly 1.5 HP per point invested, rather than the usual 1 HP per point. Doesn't seem like much, but it's actually pretty useful, especially at low levels (and we're all low level).

The math, really quickly:
Level 1: 15 HP for 10 points = 1.5 HP/point
Level 2: 25 HP for 15 points = 1.7 HP/point
Level 3: 40 HP for 25 points = 1.6 HP/point
Level 4: 60 HP for 35 points = 1.7 HP/point

At high levels of play, 140 HP is probably going to be a fraction of a single good hit, but even that can sometimes mean the difference between life and death. I neglected to level it with my Air Iop for this reason, but I rather famously kept dying first in group fights with my guild; I often had about half what other iops had in terms of HP, and while I could usually out damage them, they did more damage than I did overall, by virtue of surviving long enough to catch up.

I do wish that it scaled a little better with level, but it isn't bad. I wonder if Sacriers will get something similar, or maybe even better?

0 0
Score : 576

If you're going to do early PvP stick with getting Jump first before the other traits. Because a lot of ranged jobs can easily out maneuver you leaving you stranded for quite a while.

If not, then you can ignore Jump for awhile.

Personally I like using most of the Air attacks along with the low cost Fire attacks. Since most Air attacks cost either WP or MP, which when you close into your target you'll have no need for using MP to run away anyways. Intimidation also is going to be your highest situational damage attack too, by adding +6 dmg hitting into other people or sliding into stationary objects, and a whopping +12 if you pin them up against a stationary object.

0 0

I've updated the build with my current direction and thoughts. I started a new Iop and I'm am trying the following:

• There seems to be more initial gain from boost support spells for the characteristics I want to increase. So, for now, I'm not putting any points in basic characteristics.
  • Putting all points into Amplification to have it maxed at level 18.
  • Unlocked all available spells for situational use. Primarily, I've found a lot of use for Intimidation, Evisceration, and Charge.

After maxing Amplification I'm torn between putting points into Compulsion (damage), Jump (movement), or Master Locker (board manipulation). Perhaps I should boost them together?
0 0
Respond to this thread