FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Returning Player, How to Iop These Days?

By YoyoIlluser - MEMBER - September 14, 2020, 09:04:10

Man it's been a long time, about two years, since I've played and I'm very ready to get back into the game...Only I've noticed quite a few things have changed and I have much catching up to do. Iop is my fave to main and I'm looking for some help in how to make a proper Iop, or what is considered a good one these days. Would really appreciate it.

I've got a bunch of questions, so I'll drop what I can think of here. Any other help would be amazing!

Fire/Air still the best? What counts as a good build? Is there a best build? Where does a level 113 Iop grind and outfit their abilities proper? Should I continue using a gold scarafly as my pet or something else, a minor shushu maybe? What gear should I work to getting? What is the best considered gear? ((Price doesn't matter, I can work towards it))

If anyone has some good information I'd love to hear. I also dropped my entire gear and character info below ((As it was from when I left to when I just returned)), if anyone would like to take a look. Thank you all and SO HAPPY to be back in to game~

Spoiler (click here to show spoiler)

1 0
Reactions 3
Score : 1462

Iop is pretty much reliant upon combos to reach its full potential nowadays, which means that not having all 5 Air Spells on your deck is pretty much knee-capping yourself. Super Iop Punch is amazing, but it's hard to justify using any of the other fire spells frequently. Charge and Shaker are great Earth Spells for utility. Frankly I relied on HateSpawn's guide when I came back to new Iop after years of not touching the game, and it raised my Iop play to the next level. I recommend you look it over and take his spell and gameplay advice to heart.

https://www.wakfu.com/en/forum/45-iop/201029-dragon-pig-single-target-pve-iop-guide-last-updated-5-25-20

1 0
Score : 560

It's been a big help for sure, and I think I've started working out how my abilities and deck should be....I'm a sucker for Iop's Wrath to this day, will probably keep it on the side even now. But the rest of HateSpawn's guide is really nice! Just not sure about more early levels, since it appears to be a max level build.
Still not sure about certain small things, like where does a level 113 Iop go and what equipment to get? Which pet to use now? Emblem? ((What's up with shushus now, people seem to crave them...Must be good?))

1 0
Score : 1462

I'm far from max level, but I did use his guide as a foundation for how I built my sets up toward my current level (150). Getting the Class Emblem Token is probably the easiest way to fill your Emblem slot until you get something better. For pets, I personally use Precision Dragoturkey/Dragominus (from Zinit quest) and now Precision Boowolf. Crobak is a really nice pet with 3% crit and 60 ST Mastery.

Use https://builder.methodwakfu.com/builder/new-build and build a 110 or 125 set depending on how fast you level to focus Single Target first, Melee next, and Air/Fire/Earth for elements (priority for which element in the case of 2 instead of 3 elements is in the order I listed). As for where to go, chase quests down in your quest log and go where those point you. Doing quest chains is far more efficient than grinding battles for experience, though doing eco quests is probably more efficient.

Always try to get a Relic and an Epic that are not capes or amulets, since they usually have AP and more AP is better. Capes and Amulets at this level onward generally always have AP on them, so having your Relic/Epic slot in those deprives you of a potential AP gain. Rings, helmets, boots, shoulders are best candidates for Relic/Epic slots, as some chests have AP instead of MP, but a chest Relic/Epic is acceptable based on your choices. Just try to pour over the builder and ensure that you're getting the most out of each slot when deciding what Relic/Epic outclasses a Legendary alternative.

This is what I'm currently working towards. My stat distribution and spell deck are on there as well. https://builder.methodwakfu.com/builder/code/IeAt8ABj4

1 0
Respond to this thread