FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Preferred IOP Gear Attributes

By HendOz - MEMBER - August 25, 2017, 11:42:56

Hi. So I understand that  up until level 110 or something there is not really great sets/equipment to invest in. Currently I keep or discard gear on the basis of are they better than what I currently own. The only thing is I am never sure if I should invest more into gear that give high damage or high resist and what is the balance needed between the two? Or is there gear that gives you adequate of both at the lower levels?

Keen to hear what you got to say

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 62

Here's my selection of affordable & efficient items for your level range (Including the +10 kit skill emblem you probably have) :

http://methodwakfu.com/en/builder/#z0ZB4Jq

I've always favored resistances and block over pure mastery and CH, but really, that's up to you. Either you feel that you need a more resilient char, or you want to slap your ennemies to death faster.

0 0
Score : 1543

Tbh I think both are valid ways to use a Iop and at least at higher level most close combat gear is tankier than general/distance gear. I'd argue playing Iop (air fire at least) as a high damage class is playing more towards its strengths.

I think builds like this (http://methodwakfu.com/en/builder/#29MMm3t) are what Iops mostly work towards. High melee and single target damage is important. Crits also is important, but so is Block. Resistance is useful but I found myself in Moon island one-turning mobs so I don't think in low levels you should worry about having great resistances. Specially if you are playing in a group.

Unlike Iots, my set has more best-in-slot pieces. Magmog set is great for chars like iop or sac and is mostly what you should look towards in higher levels. For example,  Slimy Rockett Headgear is good for Iop and it's like a level appropiate Magmog headgear (has lock, block, melee damage, etc.).

1 0
Score : 45

Cool! Thanks for the feedback and gear ideas, definitely liked the weapons that was suggested. So I guess the preference goes more to on how you want/need to play. Any suggestions perhaps on Relics and Epics as well to get that extra AP? I managed to get the Bludring for cheap ( I think). 

0 0
Score : 62

Just go for what you can get.
With a little dedication, you could get a Gelano, which is a fine relic, and which you could keep until lv140 and the wonderful Harry boots.

0 0
Score : 1543

Low level relics aren't that useful since you grow out of them pretty fast. Just get what you can get where you level up.

Relics of interest are Harry Boots (for single target dealers), Souleater (one of the most fitting relics for Iop), Lucloak (for tanky Iop), Daggers Sives (for st dealers again), Belt of the Winds (if you need to compensate resis), Monkey King Epalettes (arguably, since Iop needs as much AP & MP possible) and so on. I know little about level 200 relics and most of them seem generic and kinda disappointing.

For epics I'd say go for Bagus Shushu and then Gold Croc. You can use Woboots if you want but that's a more old school build and it ain't as optimized as it used to be.

0 0
Respond to this thread