FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Complementary classes (Duo/Trio) + End game question

By -Soldren- January 16, 2017, 15:56:07

Hey,

I've been away for a while, back then I stopped at lvl 105 Iop + Feca, but I want to swap out the Feca for something else, as I always felt there was some damage/AoE lacking, even when buffing the Iop. Sure, the survivability "burst" with Immunity / PA is great, but I want to know whether a specific Duo setup with an Iop is more efficient than Iop / Feca. THEN AGAIN, I did last play before seemingly all spells are now kept at max. level. So please, enlighten me!

I want to play with that Duo for a while, then later on expand to a third member via hero slot again.

As such, what 3rd class could be viable, building upon the previous/new duo?

And will the Iop or any other class be obsolete for later PvE content? Just a side-concern of mine, I don't necessarily want to master a completely different class at lvl 150+.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 6244

Right now, end game content is dominated by ranged damage dealer, but you can still use your iop if the group works well.

Feca+Iop is a great combo.
Pro:
- Shields
- Buffs (AP/Damage)
- Feca is THETANK

Panda+Iop works well too.
Pro:
- Heals
- Good map manipulation (can throw enemies to you or throw your iop too)

Cons:
- No shields
- No buffs

Foggernaut+Iop
Pro:
- Insane damage every turn
- Can shield you if you are near the blockade
- Good moving if you use the rails

Cons:
- No heals
- Lack of the tank role

Masq+Iop
Pro:
- Heals
- Decent map manipulation
- Buffs

Cons:
- No shields
- 2 melee chars can be a limitaion in endgame
- No tank role here too

I think an Eliotrope will work too, but moving your Iop through portals could debuff him (-20% damage dealt and -res if you travel 6 cells or more).

1 0
Score : 50

I was always wondering, HOW do I place the Feca as tank if the Iop also needs to be up close to deal damage? Mind you, I've only played Feca as buffer/ranged DPS so far. Might be more fun now without the spell level limitation.

I already started a Panda since I read "heals" somewhere else, a bit tricky to figure out and read through all tooltips, but I'm getting there. Seems he can be both used for tanking and support, while I'd prefer the support/ranged DPS/heal barrel approach. Then again, it could be covered by hero #3.

Foggernaut, well, I've never even "glanced" at that class, probably a bit intimidated by/unsure of the complexity. That much of a powerhouse beside the Iop?

In the worst case, I'll have to swap out the Iop as base completely, although I love blowing up everything with Wrath.

0 0
Score : 439

It works pretty well for me actually. First turn, Feca takes Iop to the front line and gathers 2/3 enemies after buffing Iop. Then, it keeps mobs around or paralyzes them with glyphs. Meanwhile, Iop deletes isolated enemies around. Without Feca holding them, Iop could get overwhelmed by enemies.
And on top of that, your ranged DPS friends don't have to run around avoiding the troublesome enemy because Iop killed it first, and have easy area attack opportunities thanks to the Feca. You can even shield up the Iop so you have two walls in the enemy's nose.
Excellent for teams with ranged dps, in short.

0 0
Score : 3992

eliotrops would be a good bet for you in endgame content,itsalso kinda fun to have an iop-ecaflip combo,due to how efficently fleas can be when they fight nearby eachother

0 0

Right, Eliotrope was my first bet, but the mechanics seemed to be a bit tricky. I guess I'll have to try some of them out, then.

0 0
Score : 3335
-Soldren-|2017-01-16 17:57:53
Right, Eliotrope was my first bet, but the mechanics seemed to be a bit tricky. I guess I'll have to try some of them out, then.
As an elio main, I'd describe the class as being easy to learn, but hard to master. It can take a long time to manage everything efficiently. Some can be taught, but playstyle, and more importantly, experience and mob prediction can't be. Elio portals are high risk targets because mobs can and will end of them whenever they have the chance. Gotta keep track of that on a subconscious level or it's annoying as hell.
0 0
Score : 6244

Yeah I think it's better to choose a 2nd class first XD

Panda's heals are a bit tricky, if you want someone who does damage and heals too then Masq is better.
Otherwise even Ecaflip's heals are very nice (but you'll loose map control).

I use an AoE water\fire Panda as positioner/small heals (sometimes little damage).
He works great in dungeon due his ability to move stuff and stabilize things.
He has great res too, so he can get some hits with no problem.
In my opinions he has 2 big limitations:
1) Even if you use a full tank build, he is not good as Feca.
2) Damage are not so great (maybe because I focused more on Res in my build)

For the foggernaut don't worry, it's super easy.
Just figure out what enemy you hate the most and then use your purple lazers to kill hit.
*pewpewpew*

By the way, before change the Feca, try a different build.
If you set him up as a Tank he can get every hit from the monster without sweat.
And he can prevent the escape of enemies raping their MPs.

If you want my opinion, Iop Feca and Cra is a very very nice trio (but if you like "different" things it may be too classical and overused)

0 0
EarthyMadness|2017-01-16 18:08:18
-Soldren-|2017-01-16 17:57:53
As an elio main, I'd describe the class as being easy to learn, but hard to master. It can take a long time to manage everything efficiently. Some can be taught, but playstyle, and more importantly, experience and mob prediction can't be. Elio portals are high risk targets because mobs can and will end of them whenever they have the chance. Gotta keep track of that on a subconscious level or it's annoying as hell.

Yeah, I guessed as much. So the portals are pretty fragile...I read there's also healing though, besides the good damage output?

Matt5150|2017-01-16 18:10:38
For the foggernaut don't worry, it's super easy.
Just figure out what enemy you hate the most and then use your purple lazers to kill it.
*pewpewpew*

Honestly, I had to laugh. You got me. XD

Is it possible to change classes when restating at level 30? I could give a few classes a try then, with all spells.

Feca sounds like a must then. And with the max level spells it'll be more versatile than I remember. Plus a Cra as #3 sounds very classy indeed. Maybe the Foggernaut instead? There won't be much healing with Iop, Feca, Cra/Fog though. Just pure steamrolling.

Since Feca should be at the front, I could imagine a strategy such as throwing the Iop, buffed, into the frontline, take a few hits, use Wrath and then get teleported out with the Feca to take his place (and apply the "Lost" damage, too). What happens after is probably taking out the damaged single targets? I don't know how this will fare with longer boss fights though.

The ranged DPS' role is a no-brainer in this strategy.

Thoughts? (I know you have many, and I really appreciate it!)
0 0
Score : 2403

Hello,
about the healing.. I used to go with Xelor / Feca (no healing, + my Xelor is pretty fragile) and found out Feca is so good at protecting/shields that she was capable of keeping them both alive even in pretty hard dungeons.. I am not sure about the end game because I changed my Feca around lvl 120 (it felt a little bit boring, but might be just me) (and also the higher I ever got is lvl 152, shame on me) but it really made me rethink the need for the healer in the group.

Oh and no, you cannot change class with the restat, the only way to do it is to purchase class change scroll from the shop.

->Tarant

0 0
Score : 101

@Akmafel: So I can expect some sitting sessions to recover after fights. :p I managed to Duo Feca/Iop in that lvl 80ish vampire dungeon once, but only up to the boss. Then I got rekt. But I guess that was a positioning issue, besides the lacking tank build + equipment.

I decided to go for Feca/Iop/Fogger now. I created several new characters and clicked through their skills, but honestly, Fogger seems to be the most interesting and devastating, with the stasis element and res reduction, special form (even though I have no idea what's what yet), etc. I'll figure out by level 30 if everything fits, so it's not a too big time investment if it goes wrong.

Edit: The only downside I can imagine here is not having enough Water damage/too much fire damage available. Thoughts?

I'm already loving Foggernaut (called him "Fogginator-Ex"). Currently even stronger than the Iop, and considering his mechanics and range only increase from here on out, I am expecting to have great fun! Also the skills all have a certain "oomph"! This 3-man team will surely kick ass up to some point. smile 

0 0
Score : 1

I have a osa iop panda  trio running but I am not close to ready for end game. 

0 0
Respond to this thread