FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Should Iops use shields?

By KingAchelexus - MEMBER - January 06, 2016, 20:43:29

What do you think? You pretty much need it to get 40 block for the Bravery passive, but it also reduces your DPS by quite a bit.

0 0
Reactions 12
Score : -3047

Bravery in general kinda hurts your damage, it is only needed if you are a tanky Iop.

0 0
Score : 4420
blazakkhakabow|2016-01-06 20:46:00
Bravery in general kinda hurts your damage, it is only needed if you are a tanky Iop.

Well, mine is Earth/Air, I use it as a off-tank/locker. Not like there are many more good passives to use. :p
0 0
Score : 6244

No, if you are using the passive "Bravery" I assume you have 20points into block.
You lost only 80% CH damage but you gain 20% CH, so more CH = more damage.
Basically with Bravery you hit harder.

Things are different if you are talking about Defensive Stance.
I use it just a little during fights in PvE. Yes, you lose 40% of final damage, but almost no mob can break your shield during that turn.

I can shield myself by 5500-6000 and with 73-75% res\55blocks make me a bit tough and hard to kill, even if I decide to jump in front of the boss cause "Watch me! I'm the iop in party".

And yes, if you are Earth/Air, Bravery is a very good choice

0 0
Matt5150|2016-01-06 22:41:40
No, if you are using the passive "Bravery" I assume you have 20points into block.
You lost only 80% CH damage but you gain 20% CH, so more CH = more damage.
Basically with Bravery you hit harder.

Things are different if you are talking about Defensive Stance.
I use it just a little during fights in PvE. Yes, you lose 40% of final damage, but almost no mob can break your shield during that turn.

I can shield myself by 5500-6000 and with 73-75% res\55blocks make me a bit tough and hard to kill, even if I decide to jump in front of the boss cause "Watch me! I'm the iop in party".

And yes, if you are Earth/Air, Bravery is a very good choice
You aren't sure to hit harder with bravery though, but it really helps you hit hard and remain tanky - using dagger and CH gears you will have more damage and like same CH than by using block gear and stats with bravery. You will be squishy though, so there's that (OP only asked about damage)... A free passive slot though.
0 0
Score : 6244

I'm not using a shield, Cartus + BoL.
BTW with "Bravery + a semi-tank gear" you will have more CH than a "full CH gear and no Bravery".

I have 74CH, without Bravery you can reach "only" about 60CH.
So again, Bravery -> more CH -> more damage.

EDIT: with 20block from stats and a Lucloak you will have 31block, you need only 9 to reach the max CH bonus. It's very easy to have more than 40 blocks, so it's not a big loss

0 0

Lucloak is a big loss though, in damage. But it makes you bulky, so there's that.

0 0
Score : 4420

Well, I am using Milimoowolf, Ancient Hat and The xelor quest shield, that alone gives me the final 20 block, so I am not really losing a lot.

0 0

Only up to ~120% damage and 3% crits. That's excluding Lucloak's 8% crit and like 60% damage penalty.

That is only regarding offensive stats, you are aiming to be tanky, so it is fine.

0 0
Score : 17663

Milimoowolf is basically the solution, that and Jinnun Tunic for BP late game / Dora Borette or Koko Beanie etc, or what paradoxicals might have block?

I try to focus block on slots I don't expect to give me any CH otherwise.

0 0
Score : 4391

My Iop does(Haven't played since Moon island though)

MY iop did. I remember I got block from things that simply wouldn't have crit.

So if I say... Had 20 block and Equipped a Durable instead of a Dagger (Say BoL). Then 20 points in Crit damage instead of in block would be 60% damage vs BoLs 90%. It's not much of a difference, and I get tanker anyways (Probably a larger difference now).

But would only do so if I was tri. If I was hybrid, screw being tanky.

0 0
Score : 961

i think iop no need use shield.. we need to accept iop isnt tank he is off tank by mean he just come to tank not as much as real tank.. and iop not a boss tanker. iop need some ressist coz he is the one the real CC on wakfu.. almost all skills from iop are CC.. and you never see an iop with range build. even a sac have range build with air build. thats why lucloak is the first choice for iop.

its not a waste if you just loose some damage to stay on longer turn than you die in early turn even big great damage.. we can say iop with lucloak not give big deal. but he is a spammer so he deal normal damage while he deal continuous damage = big deal. he just need to stay alive in long fight. and i see even iop use lucloak atleast he spam 1.2-1.7k damage flat (not all damage but almost all damage he do) with 2-3 ap skills on high lv.

why defensive gears? we know almost all high lv dung is crazy as fuck. mobs and boss deal high damage. again, lucloak is best choice till now for melee coz it the highest lv relic give you ressist. i heard ankama make new relic and it comes from new UBs dung. cant wait for that.. tank need new gears. too much DD gears right now.

0 0
Score : 17663

it's for block not for tanking but because block converts to crits

0 0
Respond to this thread