FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Air/Fire Iop (please give me your opinions)

By Alexluu - MEMBER - November 23, 2015, 09:15:27

Lvl 100 Air/Fire Iop
~Intelligence~
15/∞ HP
10/10 Resists
0/10 Barrier
0/5 Heals Recieved
0/10 HP% as Armor

~Strength~
5/∞ General Damage
0/20 Single-Target Damage
0/20 AOE Damage
20/20 Melee Damage
0/20 Range Damage

~Agility~
25/∞ Lock
0/∞ Dodge
0/20 Initiative
0/∞ Dodge & Lock
0/20 AP & MP Removal
0/20 AP & MP Resistance

~Chance~
5/20 Critical Hits
20/20 Block
0/∞ Critical Damage
0/∞ Damage from Behind
0/∞ Berserk Damage
0/∞ Heals
0/20 Resistance from Behind
0/20 Critical Resistance

~Major~
1/1 Action Points
1/1 Movement Points & Damage
0/1 Range & Damage
0/1 Wakfu Points
0/1 Control & Damage
0/1 Kit Skill
0/1 Final Damage
0/1 Reduction

Skill Comments:

~Elemental Actives~
-I chose all 5 Air attacks to be able to pull off all combos whenever needed

-Thunderbolt: I didn't choose because flaming got nerfed

-Celestial Sword: Usually used outside of melee range,so didnt pick it PLUS when will enemies align?

-Super Iop Punch: Too good to pass up...obvious pick with Focus

-Sword of Judgement: situational,but these "situations" show up frequently for me

-Iop's Wrath: Great when I'm surrounded by enemies/jump into a group to weaken the mob

~Battle Actives~

-Jump: Grabbed this as a way to be mobile(and when i level up combo it with Authority)

-Focus: Combo'd with SIP to do great damage

-Increase: I just grabbed this for the damage boost (should I keep this?)

-Defensive Stance: I just grabbed this for possible end turn tanking (should i keep this?)

-Bravery Standard: this looks good maybe,should I replace something for this?

-Hour of Glory: I dont really think i want this,but if u can talk me into it go ahead(I'd love to know why)

~Battle Passives~

-Virility: HP and final damage...obviously taken right?

-Locking Pro: lock,melee damage and +1MP....Always take this right?

-Show Off: for increased damage and easier power stacking...take this right?

-Bravery: I took this because of how i build my Chance tab,was this a good idea?

-Authority:Should i take this?replace it with a current one for now or wait till 150/200?

-Compulsion:Should i take this?replace it with a current one for now or wait till 150/200?

-KOTH:Uhm..not worth it right?

-Seismic Rift:Not worth it??

-Furious Charge:The range boost is nice for Focus but it's not worth a taking up a slot..right?

NOTES AND QUESTIONS:
-Im going to keep dumping into HP% in Int Tab right?
-Keep dumping into General Damage under Str Tab right?
-Dump points into lock for Agi Tab right?
-Filled up Block,I should fill up Crit Hit then dump all the rest into Crit Dmg right?
-What do i put into my major tab after AP and MP because i get 2 more at 125 and 175 right?

-What combos should i usually be doing? and in what situations?
Jabs Combo only with grouped enemies of 3 or more?
Flurry combo only if 3 or more teammates are around me?
Wallop Combo only up against walls,or just do Gutting Gust Combo?
Gutting Gust Combo only when focusing 1 enemy right?
never do Uppercut Combo right since im not flaming?

How does my build work Solo AND in a party? because I'll be soloing AND partying alot

-Can someone explain to me how the lock skill slot works, what it does exactly?
0 0
Reactions 15
Score : 1543

Hey! I’m just gonna point out some things I disagree with. Everything I don’t mention is good in my opinion, so good job!

Agility: Being an Air Fire Iop you most likely gonna want to move around and position yourself to pull off Wallop combo or get the sidestab damage from Focus so I disagree a bit with going full lock. I don’t see a need to this since you don’t even use Flaming (which I’m gonna tal about in a bit). I suggest you rather go full Dodge and Lock.

Chance: I would have went Critical into Block instead of the opposite. Early on you don’t have the passive unlocked and even if you do, you get more critical by spending points in CH than Block (1 : 1 instead of 2 : 1). Furthermore, earlier sets don’t have much Block to be honest, so I’d say Critical is more valuable.

Thunderbolt: I disagree with you, really. It’s true that Flaming now doesn’t stack so the damage isn’t as absurdly overpowered but it’s a lot easier to pull off. A, freaking, lot. And also Thunderbolt now has a pretty good base damage compared to before so I personally use it not only for Flaming but also to have a bigger range skill. That’s up to preference though. Just wanted to add an opposite point of view to the skill.

Defensive Stance: I not only use it for end turn tanking but sometimes if my healer is busy with someone else I use it to steal some HP from an Air weak enemy. Works a bit well even if it’s a pretty nerfed ability.

Bravery: If I were you I’d invest in Critical Hits and wait to use this passive until 150. I don’t know how much Block you truly have but I think investing on pure Critical Hits gives way more damage.

Q&A:

1. Yes, keep dumping on HP and General Damage till the end of times.
  2. Already talked about it but I’d prefer Lock&Dodge
  3. I’d prefer Critical Hits > Block > Critical Damage.
  4. Major usually goes AP > MP > Final Damage > Reduction
  5. The combo I mostly use is Flurry, even if it’s to only give me the two AP. I almost never use Gust’s combo, and Jabs is pretty situational since I prefer to lock down dangerous targets and take them out one by one.
  6. Uppercut combo is useful not for Scalding but for the damage bonus. You should always use it before the Super Iop Punch. I’ll put a pic about my turn cycle below.
  7. Air/Fire Iop works wonders in party and solo. You work as a finisher and damage dealer, so you go in to take out the enemies who oppose a threat to your alies. You can buff them too if you have close combat buddies in the party with Increase, Judgement, or Flurry combos. Also you can take a bit of damage so you are not the top 1 target for heals.
About those combos, I usually use Uppercut combo in this manner:

Using the second Super Iop Punch last in the cycle you get the most Power generated that turn, and you use both Increase and Uppercut combo to buff more Final Damage on to that hit.

However, since I do use Flaming and if the enemy is a close combat fighter with little Fire resistance like a Crolk I use this rotation instead:

I hope this helps a little! Keep in mind that this is my way of playing my Iop. As you level most likely you are gonna have your own way of playing Iop and that's totally fine.
3 0
Score : 1920
Brisant|2015-11-23 23:53:55
Hey! I’m just gonna point out some things I disagree with. Everything I don’t mention is good in my opinion, so good job!

Agility: Being an Air Fire Iop you most likely gonna want to move around and position yourself to pull off Wallop combo or get the sidestab damage from Focus so I disagree a bit with going full lock. I don’t see a need to this since you don’t even use Flaming (which I’m gonna tal about in a bit). I suggest you rather go full Dodge and Lock.

Chance: I would have went Critical into Block instead of the opposite. Early on you don’t have the passive unlocked and even if you do, you get more critical by spending points in CH than Block (1 : 1 instead of 2 : 1). Furthermore, earlier sets don’t have much Block to be honest, so I’d say Critical is more valuable.

Thunderbolt: I disagree with you, really. It’s true that Flaming now doesn’t stack so the damage isn’t as absurdly overpowered but it’s a lot easier to pull off. A, freaking, lot. And also Thunderbolt now has a pretty good base damage compared to before so I personally use it not only for Flaming but also to have a bigger range skill. That’s up to preference though. Just wanted to add an opposite point of view to the skill.

Defensive Stance: I not only use it for end turn tanking but sometimes if my healer is busy with someone else I use it to steal some HP from an Air weak enemy. Works a bit well even if it’s a pretty nerfed ability.

Bravery: If I were you I’d invest in Critical Hits and wait to use this passive until 150. I don’t know how much Block you truly have but I think investing on pure Critical Hits gives way more damage.

Q&A:

1. Yes, keep dumping on HP and General Damage till the end of times.
  2. Already talked about it but I’d prefer Lock&Dodge
  3. I’d prefer Critical Hits > Block > Critical Damage.
  4. Major usually goes AP > MP > Final Damage > Reduction
  5. The combo I mostly use is Flurry, even if it’s to only give me the two AP. I almost never use Gust’s combo, and Jabs is pretty situational since I prefer to lock down dangerous targets and take them out one by one.
  6. Uppercut combo is useful not for Scalding but for the damage bonus. You should always use it before the Super Iop Punch. I’ll put a pic about my turn cycle below.
  7. Air/Fire Iop works wonders in party and solo. You work as a finisher and damage dealer, so you go in to take out the enemies who oppose a threat to your alies. You can buff them too if you have close combat buddies in the party with Increase, Judgement, or Flurry combos. Also you can take a bit of damage so you are not the top 1 target for heals.
About those combos, I usually use Uppercut combo in this manner:

Using the second Super Iop Punch last in the cycle you get the most Power generated that turn, and you use both Increase and Uppercut combo to buff more Final Damage on to that hit.

However, since I do use Flaming and if the enemy is a close combat fighter with little Fire resistance like a Crolk I use this rotation instead:

I hope this helps a little! Keep in mind that this is my way of playing my Iop. As you level most likely you are gonna have your own way of playing Iop and that's totally fine.
Oh my goodness you're right, about alot of things,
-that increase+focus+uppercut combo+SIP combo is such a huge chunk of damage(I never thought of this combo).
-Ah you're spot on about defensive stance,i didn't know it healed you when you used air spells
-Lock and Dodge huh?i guess you're right
-I guess you're right about Bravery and that i should set it aside till 150 and go CritHit>Block>CritDmg

Another Question:
Since Im going to be using alot of WP(Focus,Uppercut,Defensive Stance,Increase) should I ditch Iop's Wrath and go with Thunderbolt,SIP and Sword of Judgement?

And Another Question:
What are the 4 Passives I should have atm with this build?
The ones I brutally need,and the optionals
What should i grab at lvl 150 and 200?

And ANOTHER Question:
Since i only have 2 possible AoEs (Sword of Judgement and Jab Combo)
should i max Melee,then Single Target than dump the rest into general?
0 0
Score : 756

Rotation which I would suggest for maximum potential damage output :
*increase* Thunderbolt *flaming generates* -} "Wallop-Flurry-Gutting Gust" *Gutting Gust Combo* -} Gutting Gust -} Super Iop Punch -} Uppercut *Uppercut Combo* -} Super Iop PUNCH!

0 0

Hey! Glad I helped.

Wrath is a strange ability. Early on the game it’s an amazing tool of cutting the battle time to half by hitting everything in your path, but later on it really is more of a waste of resources than a reliable tool.

Let me put it in an example. You’re fighting against five mobs. Four of them are melee or close combat fighters and one is a healer (this happens at around Wa Wabbit btw). You can use Wrath and hit three of them, lowering to almost 80% of the total HP pool.

Thing is, they can still hit you or your allies, and get healed. That’s why I usually would prefer to focus one at a time, taking care of threats. That’s just my playstyle though.

But it’s true that Iop (specially Fire/air ones) consume a lot of WP. I don’t usually run out of them in combat because I run an aggressive team and we can wipe out enemy mobs pretty fast, but I certainly find myself wanting more WP in longer fights.

But truly, play and learn. I won’t say Iop isn’t meant to be played AoE because I’m sure someone can pull it off. It’s just that I myself use Iop as a 100% to 0% HP kind of Fighter.

EDIT: holy, you guys are fast! tongue Shank is right, that's the most powerful rotation you can do but it takes quite a mastery to input everything properly and fast tongue

And I always prefer to put General instead of ST. I think you can do it and can be even more effective but I like my elemental damage to be high. Just a quirk of mine.

0 0

Thanks guys,I think I have a really good grasp on how to build my Iop now.
I'm the type of guy who doesn't even want to leave restat area until he gets all this information lol...then im sitting in there for a day or 2 waiting on replies XD

0 0
Score : 756

I'd have Wrath for an Air-Fire Iop though... may be biased though coz I like PvP and stuff xd ... You do not have charge to close the gap between you and your enemies, so Wrath becomes your tool to close that gap before it was created - Wrath causes large damage if target ends far away, therefore your targets will try to end close. Furthermore, Wrath is a nice tool to utilise your Preparation stacks from Uppercut Combo and 100 Concentration when you do not have SIP!

0 0
Score : 104

are you going pvm, or leaning to pvp? that changes a lot of things in a build construction. that being said, i can give my insight on a build pertaining to whichever.

~breath

0 0

Lol,PvM biggrin 

0 0

as a pvm iop you will want two things, high damage with the ability to take damage. you are a close combat class for a reason. first i will start with the intel tree.

[Intelligence]
HP the rest
Resists - 10 into res like always
Barrier - 5
Heals Recieved
HP% as Armor - 5

reason for this? like i always say an alive iop does more damage than a dead one. reason for barrier is that it is massive damage reduction every turn for each stat so that means the first five hits you take will be reduced by a good portion, did i mention this resets every turn? it is simply amazing and i feel a must have. hp% is absolute. isn't it nice prolonging actual hp loss from your main hp pool? absolutely! at 5 points it gives 20% of your max health. you will have less health per say, but you will have a lot better defense and wont be missing out on all that much of hp if you factor in that extra 20%
[Strength]
General Damage - rest here
Single-Target Damage
AOE Damage
Melee Damage - 20 of course.
Range Damage

reason being wrath is nice i don't care what any one says. high base damage and if the mob tries to flee will take extra damage. i have it and i don't seem to hit allies. putting into single target would be nice but having that stated would result in 160 damage reduction, as for if you do your single target moves are only gaining 60 more damage. at 20 points to elemental gives you 100 points to all damage. so id take that even 100 damage over the -160 with a +60 on single target.
[Agility]
Lock - rest
Dodge
Initiative - 20
Dodge & Lock
AP & MP Removal
AP & MP Resistance

20 initiative is nice! getting a decent start in dungeon/ group fight is nice. you are an iop and as a iop you job is to do damage. wouldn't want to waste your jump right off the bat unless needed. i would take pure lock over lock and dodge simply of the fact you can jump out or even use a combo to push mobs away if need be. no point in stating lock and doge.

[Chance]
Critical Hits - 20
Block - 20
Critical Damage - rest
Damage from Behind
Berserk Damage
Heals
Resistance from Behind
Critical Resistance

block is nice so stating 20 on iop is great. 20 block gives crits and well as a 20% chance of 20% damage reduction. crits tie in with block, with the passive bravery you will get +1 crit as well as for every time you do crit you get +2 block. and crit chance and crit hits is, well, a must because better and more consistent crit damage.

[Major]
Action Points -1
Movement Points & Damage -2
Range & Damage
Wakfu Points
Control & Damage
Kit Skill
Final Damage - 4 or 3rd
Reduction - 3 or 4th

Skill Comments:

[spells]
absolutely all air.

Thunderbolt - honestly is really good, my iop hits 1,700 on a crolk. so yeah it is amazing as well as flaming wasn't nerfed per say just balanced for end game with a more balanced damage ratio. you can always increase/or uppercut. or jump by an mob to scold it to add damage to flaming. and most of the time you will end my a mob.

Celestial Sword - drop it. good for pvp because damage is based with hp scale. but for pvm the damage just isn't consistent for what you are looking for.

Super Iop Punch - obvious, burst damage is just too good.

Sword of Judgement - not worth it. thunderbolt does just as good of damage for 3 ap keeping it even with sip, wrath. as air/fire you will switch some times going full fire on a mob or full air. so having an even ap combo is nice.

Iop's Wrath - great base damage, and with the passive virility makes the wp use not so bad. you could wrath, thunderbolt, thunderbolt on a full fire turn and gain wp back easily. it has high power generation and lost is amazing for ranged mobs who like to run.

[active spells]

Jump - mobility, must have.

Focus - -100 resistance and prep for burst turn. must have.

Increase - +20% final damage. i use it because i generate wp fast so i dont mind the 2 wp cost.

Defensive Stance - drop it. you are air/fire not air/earth and to generate a shield worth anything is going to take a full 12 ap of earth spells. as air/fire you build high resistance and block to make up for this fact.

Bravery Standard - i use it for the fact of it gives you ris and if you have the passive king of the hill you get +20% final damage and 320 lock. it also is a form of mobility for turns while jump is on cool off.

Hour of Glory - trash, only good for air/earth builds.

[Passives]

Virility - gives amazing hp boost as well as your form of wp generation. for every 100 concentration you get a wp and +40 preparation. a must

Locking Pro - i dont use this for the fact that it gives you the perks only if you lock a mob. i like consistent damage but can be used in a locking deck. you can have high lock with stating it. with using smith hammers of lock to your belt, boots for and extra 100 lock full runed (late/end game)

Show Off - damage increase as well as +6 to power for every combo and if you kill a mob you get + 40 power. amazing for stacking power to deal more damage. a must.

Bravery - now this is what make iops very powerful with the ability to tank. like i said be for, you gain crit chance from this as well as every time you crit you get block. must have i say. more chance of crit damage while gaining more chance to block and gain a 20% damage reduction from hits taken.

Authority - i like authority because it give 1 extra range witch isn't all that great but removes line of sight as well with the double of the resistance granted is nice for jumping into a mass of mobs or jumping away adding resistance helping lower damage intake so team healer can get to you. can be subbed out but i say it is a must.

Compulsion - +25% to power generation. helps wp generation as well keeping your power high dishing out more damage. i say a must

KOTH - a good sub in for if you wish to lock for reasons.

Seismic Rift - lose collision damage for +1 shock generation? no, no, no, no. trash

Furious Charge - if you had an fire/earth build i could see this being useful. but as far as i see it is a waste of space. don't take

if you have any thing else you would like to know feel free to ask. i hope this helps you construct a build to your liking. i have been an iop science closed beta and consider my self a decent iop.

~Breath

0 0
RestlesSkrillex|2015-11-24 06:50:37

Since I disagree with him and he makes rather black-and-white assertions I think I must explain my disagreement.

Intelligence: That's more of an opinion based thing, but I have talked with other Iops on the forums and from what I gathered the consensum seems that having HP is more beneficial, specially if partying with a healer.

Agility: That's a pretty dumb argument. If you "simply jump out" or "use a combo" you're using 4 AP of your total damage only to position yourself. Just imagine this situation.

Being black a wall, red the enemy and blue your Iop you think it's worth having more lock over being able to pull off 3 Wallop combos instead of two and wasting the cooldown of Jump? What use you get as a Fighter of being a blocker but not being able to hit as you need to because you're being locked?

Iop lacks mobility and map manipulation other classes like Sram have, so don't be wasting your cooldowns on getting sidestab. Most of the time it's not worth it.

Chance: Investing in Initiative is a pretty bad idea. As a Iop you're a close combat Fighter. That means you go towards the enemy, which in dungeons usually are in a formation like this:

You're far away from your allies (heals, buffs, support in general) and very close to the enemy group, which means that you're getting focused by all of them. Also, Iops get bonus by killing the enemies thanks to their passives, so letting the ranged teammates go first is always a good option, and you lose nothing by going last. If anything, that makes the enemy have to approach you and makes taking care of the frontline in dungeons like Wa Wabbit a lot easier.

Judgement: I don't think it's fair to compare without having in mind the buff capabilities of this skill. It's not my cup of tea since Iop is my main damage dealer and prefer to get buffed, but if you think you would want to buff your allies go for it.

Iop's Wrath: It's a thing about preference, but doing double Thunderbolt is pretty useless unless the first one didn't crit and you want the stacks of Flaming that bad.

Defensive Stance: This skill is about priority 7 (being Super Iop Punch 1 and Hour of Glory 10). If you don't have space, don't take it but neglecting the self heals doesn't do you any good. I think this is a matter of preference but since I had no other skill I wanted on my deck having this doesn't do me anything bad.

0 0
Brisant|2015-11-24 08:02:26
RestlesSkrillex|2015-11-24 06:50:37

Since I disagree with him and he makes rather black-and-white assertions I think I must explain my disagreement.

Intelligence: That's more of an opinion based thing, but I have talked with other Iops on the forums and from what I gathered the consensum seems that having HP is more beneficial, specially if partying with a healer.

Agility: That's a pretty dumb argument. If you "simply jump out" or "use a combo" you're using 4 AP of your total damage only to position yourself. Just imagine this situation.

Being black a wall, red the enemy and blue your Iop you think it's worth having more lock over being able to pull off 3 Wallop combos instead of two and wasting the cooldown of Jump? What use you get as a Fighter of being a blocker but not being able to hit as you need to because you're being locked?

Iop lacks mobility and map manipulation other classes like Sram have, so don't be wasting your cooldowns on getting sidestab. Most of the time it's not worth it.

Chance: Investing in Initiative is a pretty bad idea. As a Iop you're a close combat Fighter. That means you go towards the enemy, which in dungeons usually are in a formation like this:

You're far away from your allies (heals, buffs, support in general) and very close to the enemy group, which means that you're getting focused by all of them. Also, Iops get bonus by killing the enemies thanks to their passives, so letting the ranged teammates go first is always a good option, and you lose nothing by going last. If anything, that makes the enemy have to approach you and makes taking care of the frontline in dungeons like Wa Wabbit a lot easier.

Judgement: I don't think it's fair to compare without having in mind the buff capabilities of this skill. It's not my cup of tea since Iop is my main damage dealer and prefer to get buffed, but if you think you would want to buff your allies go for it.

Iop's Wrath: It's a thing about preference, but doing double Thunderbolt is pretty useless unless the first one didn't crit and you want the stacks of Flaming that bad.

Defensive Stance: This skill is about priority 7 (being Super Iop Punch 1 and Hour of Glory 10). If you don't have space, don't take it but neglecting the self heals doesn't do you any good. I think this is a matter of preference but since I had no other skill I wanted on my deck having this doesn't do me anything bad.
your opinion is yours and you have every right to it. that being said i must explain why i chose the way i did.

intelligence: i have 9,500 hp and i have 10 on barrier stated. more hp is good don't get me wrong but i have yet to see an iop tank damage like i do with out any help from defensive stance. i have been credited by multiple players in pvp as well as having the ability to tank and hand out crazy damage in past/pres runs. i don't want to be a glass cannon. what if you don't have a healer? what if your healer is dead? then what you have no back up defense for what to prolong you death and cling to what hp you have as you could have avoided that in the first place. a good offence supports a good offence. i can let an orda nuke himself right by me and not even touch my hp pool. not many can say the same.

agility: assuming if you jump out/or combo out you would have a reason. if you are low on health and worry about doing damage i question your tactical dissension making a 4 ap to save yourself could only benefit. an alive iop does more than a dead one. i would only jump out if i absolutely had to. and i wouldn't even have to jump i could push (witch builds power with combo and each spell caste) if you have to go for side stab you are not doing your job as an iop witch is damage. i can smash on the face all day.

chance:in past/ higher runs the mobs are far from lined up and if you have no for of inti their are classes like sram that will go be for you and will kill mobs be for you can approach. i can one turn most mobs so i do not have a problem getting a damage bonus from killing. the last thing i want is my iop built on relying on others. ranged toons will go for mobs farther away because they have that ability. i like to get in get my kill and tank damage for my team. for some reason i am always one of the last men standing in past runs and i always go right in. if your iop cant tank and stay in to do damage he is as good as useless.

as for skills i stand by everything i have said. if i wanted to buff my toons i would use a feca, sadi, ect.. my priority is to do damage and take damage for my team to make sure and ensure my distance teammates take no damage because the are not made to take damage they are made to sit back and dish it out.

my problem with d stance is heavy wakfu ontop of iops heavy wp consumption any way. the cool down is also heavy. i would never put all of my eggs into one basket. i would much rather have high resistance and block to ensure over all damage reduction over time than every 3 turns a safety net. i shouldent have to heal and if i needed to heal that bad i can use my shu shu weapon off of my rogue. but tbh i hardly have to heal.

all n all it is a strict matter of preference. as an 179 iop i can solo moon mobs and other mobs with out a hassle.
0 0

man i tried to start playing after i respec'd(i came back after a 3 month hiatus btw) and i died against a group of 4 ice boars for the chillberg questline....i guess i forgot how hard wakfu was alone q.q

0 0

what server do you play on? i am more than willing to help if i can.

0 0

Server:Remington
IGN:Alex Luu

0 0
Score : 62
RestlesSkrillex|2015-11-24 14:12:14
what server do you play on? i am more than willing to help if i can.
whats yr server plz? am international remington
0 0
Respond to this thread