FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Iop Question

By Rancidrode - MEMBER - March 24, 2015, 12:44:26

Keep in mind I'm still pretty new-ish to the game, highest lvl is 96 currently.

So I heard about the revamp and decided to take a second look at the Iop and loved the new changes to it so am planning to make it my main. I'm currently lvl 43 and I'm fire/air and planning to stay that way. So here's my question ;

- There's a passive that gives 1% crit for 2 block ( and increases focus' range by 2 which can help tremendously ) and I'm wondering as a pure damage build would it be a good idea to stat 20 block after crit for both the added survivability and bonus crit ? The bonus crit damage seems appealing, but the block seems to be a really good choice too, increasing DPT ( more chance to crit ) while also increasing survivability alot.

That's all I really need to know x).

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 16230

Well, I think it's a good idea. I've not done the math, but I'm pretty sure criticals more often is worth more than critical damage, especially since it's on the back of a block bonus.

0 0
Score : 6244

20 CH and 20 block are a must have for the iop

0 0
Score : 16230

In case Rancidrode's curious why two of us found this so easy to answer..

Block is one of the best defensive stats in the game. Any time you block an attack, you reduce that damage by 30% (multiply the damage you would have taken by 0.7). It, combined with their shields, is one of the reasons Feca are almost impossible to kill.

So for a class that likes to charge headfirst at the most dangerous monsters in the Krosmoz, the extra survivability provided by a good Block bonus is always appreciated. So even if Iops didn't have a Block to Crits passive, it would be a useful stat for Iops. I don't think I need to explain why critical hits are useful for a DPT class though.

In contrast, CHD is nice to have, but like all secondary damages, the damage bonus is equivalent to the same amount in general damage, it's just only applied during a critical hit. Critical hits do improved damage anyway, so CHD isn't necessary, it's just nice to have for crit-oriented classes like Sram and Cra. Also, bonuses to trigger rates like +Crits and +Block tend to have steadily increasing value, while the actual change in damage output for straight damage bonuses declines.

The only reason most offensive classes don't go for Block bonuses is because their defenses are too poor for the points invested into Block to pay off faster than the improved damage from a pure crits build. Iops don't have that problem anymore. The fact that we get half our Block bonus as a bonus to our Crit rate just tilts the balance.

I'm sorry if that covers too much obvious information for anybody smile Just thought the rationale would be useful to anybody who's curious.

0 0
Score : 7433
Matt5150|2015-03-24 20:42:30
20 CH and 20 block are a must have for the iop
Yeah I have to agree. I first thought maybe I should go with 20 block, 10 ch and rest on crit dmg but seems like the gap between having 63 ch and 73 ch is huge.
So yeah going all ch is the way to go.
0 0
Score : 6244

I think that it's easier to find good equip with CH damage than block :3
So, you can compensate the lack of CH damage with your set.
You should still reach about 150% at lvl ~170

0 0
Respond to this thread