FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Help with main characteristic

By Golem-composito#6283 - MEMBER - November 30, 2014, 18:09:08

Hello,i'm coming to play on wakfu recently with iop's class,i'm building an iop based on agility and fire attacks but i have some problem with the first point i earned to spend in the main area of the charateristic,who can tell me what i must choose (AP,WP,MP ecc) and why?

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 8

There is no "must", but most people would advice to take AP, i guess.

0 0
Score : 2621

AP: Reason - Base damage is more important than damage % on the most part. As an Iop you'll eventually want a 12 ap build. To reach this, you'll need to stat an ap. Likewise, it is difficult to get a 10 ap build without statting an AP as well.This will severely limit your abilities.

MP: Reason - Iops are a CC class. You need to get to people or what use are you? Likewise the judgement and the mp air spell costs mp. Its just useful and basically a must.

10% Final Damage - DAMAGE! Iops like more damage. This is a nice one to stat.

10% Final Resistance - RESISTANCE! Iops last longer thus do more damage!

WP: Allows you more jump and more Iop's Wrath. However - who really runs out of WP in a fight, honestly now?

Basically the last three really depends on play style. WP allows you more freedom to leap behind enemies and kapow them to death (and pop's wrath). Final Dam and Final Res just give you that extra boost of damage - which I personally like more. So in the end, AP/MP is a must - choose out of these 3 for the 3rd.

0 0
Score : 49
Silmi|2014-11-30 18:36:15
There is no "must", but most people would advice to take AP, i guess.
First thank you for the answer.
Yes AP are very important,i know it,long time ago i played on dofus,but in this case other charateristic like MP,WP,range etc aren't important for a iop agility/fire?
0 0
Score : 1866
WwhitecrowW|2014-11-30 18:48:50
AP: Reason - Base damage is more important than damage % on the most part. As an Iop you'll eventually want a 12 ap build. To reach this, you'll need to stat an ap. Likewise, it is difficult to get a 10 ap build without statting an AP as well.This will severely limit your abilities.

MP: Reason - Iops are a CC class. You need to get to people or what use are you? Likewise the judgement and the mp air spell costs mp. Its just useful and basically a must.

WP: Allows you more jump and more Iop's Wrath. However - who really runs out of WP in a fight, honestly now?

Basically the last three really depends on play style. WP allows you more freedom to leap behind enemies and kapow them to death (and pop's wrath). Final Dam and Final Res just give you that extra boost of damage - which I personally like more. So in the end, AP/MP is a must - choose out of these 3 for the 3rd.
Mind you my iop is 11 ap and 7 mp but I agree with much he said
0 0
WwhitecrowW|2014-11-30 18:48:50

Thank you so much,i'm level 35 and for now i'm using a royal tofu set,and yes most of time i'm run out of WP (because i use uppercut and iop's wrath),thank you for the exaustive answer smile

@Hertyace:Why?
0 0
Score : 7
Golem-composito|2014-11-30 19:33:20

Make no sense, maybe cheaper.
Iop fire/air work best with 12 ap.
0 0
Score : 2621

Fire/Air may work best with 12 ap - however Hearty may have an air/fire iop.

Imagine:

Super Iop Punch (5 ap)
Iop's Wrath (6 ap 1 wp)

Flurry (1 ap)
Uppercut ( 1 wp)
Gutting Gust (1mp)

With this it allows for more running room, makes closing in on enemies more cost effective (compared to jumping). Allows for every ap/mp to always be utilized to the fullest. I personally prefer a 12 ap build, however depending on one's play style - 11 ap can be perfectly viable. It also is very effective when teamed up with a masq due to the air mask specialty.

0 0
Score : 1866
NeuerL|2014-12-01 00:19:09
Golem-composito|2014-11-30 19:33:20

Make no sense, maybe cheaper.
Iop fire/air work best with 12 ap.

My Iop is tri build, lock/dodge and 11/7 build
Least to say it's very expensive. Very versatile though.

Air:Flurry/Gust
Fire:Judgement/Wrath
Earth:Charge/Shaker

300 lock 250 dodge is what I aim for.

Mp Is a priceless resource for Iops, I'm sure you know why
0 0
WwhitecrowW|2014-12-01 01:39:03
Fire/Air may work best with 12 ap - however Hearty may have an air/fire iop.

Imagine:

Super Iop Punch (5 ap)
Iop's Wrath (6 ap 1 wp)

Flurry (1 ap)
Uppercut ( 1 wp)
Gutting Gust (1mp)

With this it allows for more running room, makes closing in on enemies more cost effective (compared to jumping). Allows for every ap/mp to always be utilized to the fullest. I personally prefer a 12 ap build, however depending on one's play style - 11 ap can be perfectly viable. It also is very effective when teamed up with a masq due to the air mask specialty.
Yes is good,i think iop's jump isn't a very good spell in this game (are available only 2 boxes where jump) but reach the goal of 12 AP isn't very easy (my opinion,i'm coming to play recently)
0 0
Score : 84

Jump is good for positioning and building power stacks, which is nothing to snort at in the earlier levels. At level 9 it costs 2 AP 1 WP and has no LoS restriction, so it's cheap and easy to fit inside an air rotation to gain backstab (for an additional 25% final damage and any other backstab bonuses you can stack) or reposition for Wrath or double Devastate, and it doesn't use MP at all, so you cover quite a fair amount of ground if you want to.

Even outside of 12 AP builds, this speciality is a godsend. In fact, Jump is much better outside a 12 AP build since you can't double Wrath (the sole prerogative of any 12 AP Fire Iop) anyway and may as well take the reposition.

Although yes, between this and Wrath, you actually burn up WP very quickly, so careful use is advised. And other classes might have better mobility so it's easy to get jaded over only 2 cells movement.

0 0
NoWittyExcuses|2014-12-02 01:27:08
Jump is good for positioning and building power stacks, which is nothing to snort at in the earlier levels. At level 9 it costs 2 AP 1 WP and has no LoS restriction, so it's cheap and easy to fit inside an air rotation to gain backstab (for an additional 25% final damage and any other backstab bonuses you can stack) or reposition for Wrath or double Devastate, and it doesn't use MP at all, so you cover quite a fair amount of ground if you want to.

Even outside of 12 AP builds, this speciality is a godsend. In fact, Jump is much better outside a 12 AP build since you can't double Wrath (the sole prerogative of any 12 AP Fire Iop) anyway and may as well take the reposition.

Although yes, between this and Wrath, you actually burn up WP very quickly, so careful use is advised. And other classes might have better mobility so it's easy to get jaded over only 2 cells movement.
Yes but i think it's impossible reach 12 AP under level 100-125,with lunar set and other pieces i think is possibile reach 10 AP.
0 0
Respond to this thread