FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Air / Earth Iop thinking on going earth/air or fire/air

By SaygonPT November 11, 2014, 17:12:10

Hello! I just reached level 30, and I don't know if I should go Fire/Air or Earth/Air! Not interested in PVP, just want to take this respec chance to commit to something at the moment.

By the way the skills that I am using the most are Jabs / Gutting Gust and Rocknoceros / Devastate

Thanks in advance guys! smile 

0 0
Reactions 1
Score : 223
SaygonPT|2014-11-11 17:12:10
Hello! I just reached level 30, and I don't know if I should go Fire/Air or Earth/Air! Not interested in PVP, just want to take this respec chance to commit to something at the moment.

By the way the skills that I am using the most are Jabs / Gutting Gust and Rocknoceros / Devastate

Thanks in advance guys! smile

Just a note, as a hybrid, you can max out 3 spells in one branch and 2 in another.

Fire/Air: You'll take Judgement, Wrath, Jabs and Gust. The rest of the points will either go into Super Iop Punch or Uppercut.

Advantages: Strong AoE options with Wrath and Judgement, and Air provides good single target damage, and uses up any excess resources left from your fire skills. Very easy and straightforward, finishes fights really quickly.

Disadvantages: Between Jump to reposition, the WP cost of Wrath, and Uppercut, should you choose to take it, you'll be using up your WP a lot. It's also not as flexible as Earth as both Judgement and Wrath take up other resources (MP and WP respectively) to cast, limiting the options you can take for the turn.

Earth/Air: You'll be taking Shaker, Jabs and Gust. Optional choices include Impact, Rocknoceros, Devastate, and Uppercut.

Advantages: You have solid main choices in either element (Shaker or Jabs) for good single target damage, so you easily take advantage of elemental weakness. Earth also brings a variety of good choices to take (Rocknoceros as a ranged single target skill with no Line of Sight restriction, Devastate as a melee AoE, and Impact as a reasonable compromise between the two as a ranged AoE skill and having a cheap and flexible cost.), so I rate it as the most versatile among the three elements.

Disadvantages: The AoE from Earth is slightly clunky without having Jump to reposition, so it takes a fair bit of investment before your Earth spells are brought to its full potential. It does not clear fights as quickly as a Fire/Air Iop, but it stays relatively consistent throughout a battle.

I hope this helps.
1 0
Respond to this thread