FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Restatting Earth/Air Iop - Any further changes?

By - MEMBER - October 22, 2014, 17:46:30

So I decided to respec my Level 115 Earth/Air Iop recently, and I took the chance to review my build. It's still a 10 AP build so far, and I think I'll continue to make changes to the build as I get to the higher levels.

After:
Spells:
Earth: Shaker, Impact.
Air: Jabs, Gutting Gust, Uppercut

Specialities: Jump, Defensive Stance: Compulsion, Virility, Authority, Show Off

STR: Spread out across Damage and Resist
INT: 10 Resists, Rest into HP
AGI: Initiative
Chance: 20 Crit, Rest to Backstab damage.

I'm still in the training room, so do you think I should make any further changes before I proceed?

With the changes to Stun and the Dodge/Lock system, I think Rocknoceros and Locking Pro are not as good as it used to be, though Rocknoceros is still a pretty nice ranged skill with no LoS restriction. Stealing AP isn't as attractive as it should be, I think.

Devastate was also pretty lackluster at 10 AP, I felt, and that reflected in my Devastate being pretty underleveled at the point of time before I respec-ced. At best, I was only able to catch 3 mobs with a Double Devastate. Hopefully by getting points in Impact, I'd have a slightly more flexible AoE skill while still maintaining a ranged skill.

Locking Pro was disappointing, to say the least. Most enemies can now just walk away, or push you away before running off. I think the points are somewhat better spent in Show-off, since Crits are much more common these days (although Preparation doesn't stack, from what I read.).

0 0
Reactions 2
Score : 1477

Your elemental spell build is almost all close combat single target. Have you considered using Devastate instead of Impact or Rocknoceros? Or are you usually not close enough to multiple enemies to make use of the area of effect attack? Uppercut will be using your WP which you might want to use for Jump often since you have backstab damage from chance.

Show Off is more potent for high cost spells. The highest costing spell in your build is Shaker for 4AP. Again, Devastate is 5AP1MP in an AoE with a few points more base damage than Shaker, but if you rarely/never find yourself near multiple enemies at once Devastate would be barely useful for you.

Do you usually have a healer in your party? Since Iop is constantly dealing damage you might benefit from at least a couple points into life steal if the healer in your team has other priorities at the moment.

Iop with high initiative pushes you in the turn order above teammates who may need to go before you, such as tanks to protect the vulnerable teammates or long range damage dealers to attack while enemies are distant since they will probably move towards your team during their turns.

Backstab damage is great if you use Jump and/or have high dodge to walk around enemies. Jumping over things every turn eats up your WP quickly, as a reminder that Uppercut might use up your WP too quickly.

Rocknoceros is still a medium range attack with decent damage and no line of sight restriction. Even without stun it still has usability if getting right next to enemies is out of reach or if your team is in the way.

Locking Pro pairs well with Bravery Standard and if you have high lock for preventing an enemy from flinging itself around the map unless it dodges you. Bravery Standard stabilizes you to prevent them from simply pushing you away and high lock makes them lose more AP and MP trying to dodge you.

Three targets is pretty good. Think of it this way: at level 100 Devastate does 75 for 5AP1MP while Shaker does 69 for 4AP. If Devastate hits two targets that means you did a total of 150 base damage, three targets is 225 base damage. 225 base damage in total compared to 69 damage. Impact is okay if you keep your distance and is a reasonable alternative to Rocknoceros (same damage rate, about as much range, but has AoE and a chance for -MP) but Devastate is for attacking enemies surrounding you.

Preparation stacks. If you go to Show Off and click the blue highlighted Preparation it shows the description of the state. Right beneath the name are three circles: white, gray, and black from left to right. This icon means the state stacks. Preparation before Iop was revamped did not stack, but that was quite a while ago.

0 0
Score : 223
Kakenshu|2014-10-22 18:10:00
Your elemental spell build is almost all close combat single target. Have you considered using Devastate instead of Impact or Rocknoceros? Or are you usually not close enough to multiple enemies to make use of the area of effect attack? Uppercut will be using your WP which you might want to use for Jump often since you have backstab damage from chance.

Show Off is more potent for high cost spells. The highest costing spell in your build is Shaker for 4AP. Again, Devastate is 5AP1MP in an AoE with a few points more base damage than Shaker, but if you rarely/never find yourself near multiple enemies at once Devastate would be barely useful for you.

Do you usually have a healer in your party? Since Iop is constantly dealing damage you might benefit from at least a couple points into life steal if the healer in your team has other priorities at the moment.

Iop with high initiative pushes you in the turn order above teammates who may need to go before you, such as tanks to protect the vulnerable teammates or long range damage dealers to attack while enemies are distant since they will probably move towards your team during their turns.

Backstab damage is great if you use Jump and/or have high dodge to walk around enemies. Jumping over things every turn eats up your WP quickly, as a reminder that Uppercut might use up your WP too quickly.

Rocknoceros is still a medium range attack with decent damage and no line of sight restriction. Even without stun it still has usability if getting right next to enemies is out of reach or if your team is in the way.

Locking Pro pairs well with Bravery Standard and if you have high lock for preventing an enemy from flinging itself around the map unless it dodges you. Bravery Standard stabilizes you to prevent them from simply pushing you away and high lock makes them lose more AP and MP trying to dodge you.

Three targets is pretty good. Think of it this way: at level 100 Devastate does 75 for 5AP1MP while Shaker does 69 for 4AP. If Devastate hits two targets that means you did a total of 150 base damage, three targets is 225 base damage. 225 base damage in total compared to 69 damage. Impact is okay if you keep your distance and is a reasonable alternative to Rocknoceros (same damage rate, about as much range, but has AoE and a chance for -MP) but Devastate is for attacking enemies surrounding you.

Preparation stacks. If you go to Show Off and click the blue highlighted Preparation it shows the description of the state. Right beneath the name are three circles: white, gray, and black from left to right. This icon means the state stacks. Preparation before Iop was revamped did not stack, but that was quite a while ago.

Aye, I have given that some thought. When I was using Devastate, I usually wasn't in a position to use it properly. 3 was a overly optimistic average, I usually only catch 2 with a Double Devastate.

I always found myself using other spells instead and I think that resulted in Devastate being underused.

And yeah, Rocknoceros is still a good spell despite the nerf to stun, with no LoS Restriction. Uppercut is also using up most of my WP that I would be using for jump. Back when I was Fire/Air, I mained Uppercut and I always burn through my WP pretty quickly.

I'm considering taking out Uppercut and adding the points back to Devastate, but I'm sticking to Impact. It's a good alternative for me to build up power stacks since my style is not to jump into the fray too quickly. In addition, Impact's not too far from Rocknoceros in terms of damage per AP and I can get AoE and a MP off. That will give me 2 AoE options, one with Range and some poking, and the other that takes the advantage of my close combat damage.

With Devastate back in, I'm taking Bravery Standard over Defensive Stance. I can Jump in, Devastate once, and then Bravery Standard. I'm not taking Locking Pro just yet since I do need the points for other skills. To couple this, I'm taking Multi-lock in my AGI Tree.

I don't quite like Life Steal. Losing 40% HP hurts too much to make the Life Gain worthwhile in my opinion. I will take Life Regen since I do need a bit of heals, though. It's not as good as Life Steal at keeping my hp topped up, but it's okay in a pinch and I won't lose as much hp.

I'll test this out before I can say anything more about it, but I think this would do for now.
0 0
Respond to this thread