FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Air/Fire ... did I mess up?

By October 06, 2014, 16:56:47

Righty so... I'm a bit of a newby (obviously) and was wondering - did I mess up with my build?

So far I'm using Jabs + Flurry alternation, Wrath for aoe, gutting gust and uppercut for extra bits of damage and super iop punch (+ jump) for chasing stuff down.

I'm worried I messed up since most builds I've seen seem to suggest either judgement or shaker as main damage sources. (or jabs spam?)

Skills: Lifesteal 10/10, resistances 1/10
All damage + resistances alternation (3,3,2,2)
Dodge 10/10, getting initiative as well (when I get the points)
Crit Hits 10/10, getting crit damage when I get points
AP 1/1, plan on getting 20% dmg + 1 MP and 10% Final Damage

20/20 Compulsion, 20/20 Authority, 1/20 Virility

I'm level 42 and I plan on using the Banta Riktus set as soon as I hit 45, since I didnt find any dual random or fire/air gear in the wakfu element (for my level range)

Any tips are welcomed, or do you think I should just make a new char (since I used my reroll to try out fire as a main element and it didnt seem to be working out)

0 0
Reactions 4
Score : 2619

As of right now you can only have 3 spells in one element and 2 spells in another element maxed. This being the case, you will start losing out on damage if you spread yourself too thin.

For a hybrid fire/air Iop this is the most typical format for a 10 ap build. In parenthesis is the third spell you'd have to decide between.

Fire: Wrath / Judgement / (Super Iop Punch)
Air: Jabs / Gutting Gust / (Uppercut)

The reason people choose uppercut/gutting gust over flurry is it optimizes your damage output. Jabs use up your AP, Gust uses MP, Uppercut uses WP. Whereas if you tried to focus on Jab/Flurry combos you'd be missing spell xp in gutting gust and uppercut losing out on potential damage. One possibility is choosing flurry instead of jabs entirely and weave gutting gust and uppercut inside. Really depends on your tastes.

Wrath and Judgement are simply very useful AoEs when the situation calls for it. Sometimes you don't want to get too close to an enemy and they act as your *range* attack.

0 0
Score : 693
Ethirius|2014-10-06 16:56:47
*snip*

You haven't messed up, it's a good direction you're taking. There are some things that you can change though to improve your build. smile

Like said before, Flurry is usually neglected because the 10% Air damage bonus isn't substantial as well as the cost of the spell being AP unlike Gutting Gust or Uppercut which cost MP and WP respectively.

Jabs and Gutting Gust are key Air spells, and Wrath and Judgement are key Fire spells. Uppercut or Super Iop Punch should be your final choice as a spell to max.

Your stat points are fine, but I'd like to offer some advice about the Intelligence tree. I'd recommend maxing Resistances to 10 and then pumping %HP, ignoring Life Steal entirely. 10 points in Life Steal is either +100 Resistances or +40% of your base Max HP which does a much better job at keeping you alive later. The resistances mitigates damage, and %HP scales nicely with your Virility passive. Life steal is only 10% of your damage, which if you could deal a maximum damage output of 1000 per turn, that's only 100 HP healed, and it starts to lower with heal resist. It's better to completely reduce the damage you take rather than taking lots of damage and healing it back due to heal resistance.

Life Steal isn't bad for low level soloing as you either don't have a healer or you don't have another ally to help kill monsters faster than they can damage you, but later on the points are much better off elsewhere. This is my opinion on the matter, you can choose to keep the life steal. I would rather it be 5 points like the regeneration though, or have the ability to get more from equipment since 10% life steal seems kind of weak in PvM.

Your first two choices of specialities are fine, but I would recommend getting Jump now rather than Virility to increase your damage and to allow backstabs and to give you an escape. The change to Virility makes it so that you get 400% of your current level as a base max HP bonus, so currently at Lv 42 if you maxed it, you will get 42 x 4 = +168 HP.

Here are some other examples to put the skill into perspective. If you're Lv 20, you'll only get +80 HP, but if you're Lv 100, you'll get +400 HP. This HP is added to your base max HP, meaning if you have %HP statted, it is applied before that stat calculates.

So if you have 1000 HP at Lv 70, Virility maxed and +40% Max HP from the %HP stat, in fights you will have 1000 HP + 280 HP (from Virility) which is 1280 HP, then +40% of that HP to give you 1792 HP, which is more than just the +280 HP from Virility would give you. %HP really helps to improve the strength of this passive.

You can continue to level Virility now, as either way if you levelled Jump now you'd get Virility second, and if you finish maxing Virility, you'll get Jump next. Just note that Virility won't be as much of a boost until you're either at a higher level or put points into %HP due to the recent change to it. More HP and Resistances is much better late game and in team play than life steal, which is better for solo play.
0 0
Score : 1544

I will use this oppotunity to ask, since I have the same doubt.

I chose to max Judgement, Wrath and Super Iop Punch in the Fire Branch. That I take it as being ok.

But instead of Jabs I chose Flurry, since I use the Air Branch more as a support of the Fire Branch and the 1 AP that costs Flurry seemed more convenient. Did I make an error? Is maxing Flurry instead of Jabs a hindrance in mi damage potential?

I don't really want to spend Kamas on buying the ingredients for the respec and I'm past lvl 80, so if it's not an error that will make my life harder I take it as being ok. So, it is a mistake?

0 0
Score : 2619
Brisant|2014-10-07 00:54:24
I will use this oppotunity to ask, since I have the same doubt.

I chose to max Judgement, Wrath and Super Iop Punch in the Fire Branch. That I take it as being ok.

But instead of Jabs I chose Flurry, since I use the Air Branch more as a support of the Fire Branch and the 1 AP that costs Flurry seemed more convenient. Did I make an error? Is maxing Flurry instead of Jabs a hindrance in mi damage potential?

I don't really want to spend Kamas on buying the ingredients for the respec and I'm past lvl 80, so if it's not an error that will make my life harder I take it as being ok. So, it is a mistake?
Maxing Flurry instead of Jabs is NOT hindering your damage potential. They are interchangeable (to a degree).

Jabs (100) = 32 base dam and 39 base crit dam
Flurry (100) = 14 base dam and 17 base crit dam

In 10 ap builds, Jab iop can have base damage from160 -195 depending on crits

In 10 ap builds, Flurry can have base damages from 140 - 170 based on crits. However - this is not taking into account final damage bonus. You get 10% final damage (I believe its final) for each air hit you deal. This would make 10 jabs be ranged 154 - 187. (Really hoping my math is right here). Not only this, but jabs buff your other air spell you are getting. Likewise if you team up with a masq who lvld air masq and carnival... You will be a monster...

Overall it all comes down to play style. Jabs has more base damage, but not by too much. Flurry allows for a more fluid gameplay in case you lose ap for any reasons as well as allows you to play with odd numbers of ap which (since you chose iop punch) you probably will have. In the end, it might be better for your build.

Happy lvling!
0 0
Respond to this thread