FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Ability Points? Help Please

By September 19, 2014, 16:17:52

Hello i am a new player to wakfu just done the tutorial and picked the Iop class to play as it looks cool and i like single target classes and from what i read it is single target DPT class.

My problem is i dont know where to put my points in the Ability menu as the guides did not cover this.

E.g

Intelligence - hp-%, Lifesteal, regen, and so on
Strength
Agility
Chance
Major

can anyone give me some pointers to where i should drop points in each area as i just dont understand where i should be going with them i have already decided that i am going for the earth/air hybrid build by mango but he did not say anything about these.

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 4838

Ill go ahaed and quote myself ^^

ThyHolyOverlord|2014-09-09 22:18:53
As one who toyed with the new system i could give you some pointers.

always get ap and mp, then you need to make choices. Do you wish to become a tanky iop that focusses on locking or do you wish to become a dodging iop that gets backstab and get maximum dmg?

An iops wrath iop could benefit from statting 2wp, you could spam wrath for 8 turns instead of 6. Wear 2 wp items and hit the wp cap of 10wp!

a pure offense iop gets the 10% final dmg, life steal, crit, crit dmg, backstab and dodge. You basicly aim for their backs spam spells and heal from it.

a more tanky iop could benefit from 10% final res, heal wounds, lock, crit or block. Just a reminder:you arent a tank, just tanky!

I suggest you take 2 elements (dmg+res) and not (res+hp) as you often play the dmger role.
1 0
Score : 3440
ThyHolyOverlord|2014-09-09 22:18:53
I suggest you take 2 elements (dmg+res) and not (res+hp) as you often play the dmger role.

Note that the each damage stat in the Strength category gives damage to ALL elements and resists to one element. It would be best to evenly distribute your points between the four of them for even resists.
0 0
Score : 92

Not sure what stats are from stength but what i have been takeing so far is

HP 4% Per rank (was planing on putting 5 points in the 10% heal per round at higher level)
All damage and resistance just put points in fire one for now (but was plaing on shareing it about)
Dodge and lock one that gives 2 of each (was thinking i was things near but want to be able to get away myself if needed)
Crit hit 1% (i am guessing that critical hits are gunna be my bread and butter as a melee)

Majors none yet as im guessing the name is so you pick wisely

so im going to be going earth in the spells when i figued out how you level the bloody things will more than likely take some in the fire tree over the air tree as it seems beter for dps.

so can anyone approve or give some advice on my stat points so far and if there is somewhere else i should invest in. and help with major's would be accepted.

Also how do i level up spells as the -4 damage spell is kinda bugging me. however i am useing an axe at the moment hits for round 16-18 damage at level 11 or 22-25 if it crits and it dose lots of times

anyway thanks in advance to all reply will check them in the morning and get properly stuck into the game

0 0
Score : 162

First you level spells by using them in combat, a trick to level them fast is to just use one spell till you cap it(character level is spell level cap.) You don't have to hit with the spell to receive exp in it.

0 0
Score : 92

ah thanks very much for the spell info can you provide some infomation on if i am placeing my points in right place and where i should be going once i get a major point or two. love the battle system for the game but some guides ingame on on the forum about what is recomended to take would be very helpful to new people.

also is iop main weapon a sword and when dose the first one apear if you or anyone knows would be great help

0 0
Score : 144

^ I use a dagger + dagger(sword)
Used a +1 ap double handed sword for a while..
You can start at any level pretty much, lowest being, Piwi dagger + piwi sword..

Unfortunatelly I think weapons on this game lacks important role. I wish we had spells based off percentage on weapon damage.. so they sit pretty stat buffers.

On the same note I do find dual wield being better choice most of the time as combined bonus beat any double handed level of same level. (+damage wise.. i mean we're iop is there anything else to care about? smile )

0 0
Score : 693
Emelious|2014-09-20 10:56:55
ah thanks very much for the spell info can you provide some infomation on if i am placeing my points in right place and where i should be going once i get a major point or two. love the battle system for the game but some guides ingame on on the forum about what is recomended to take would be very helpful to new people.

also is iop main weapon a sword and when dose the first one apear if you or anyone knows would be great help

Like most people have said previously, major points usually come down to AP, MP, WP, Final Damage or Final Resist. AP would be a great choice early so you can cast more spells. Strength points should be evenly distributed amongst the All Damages + elemental Resistances (the top four). Intelligence should be 10 points in Resistance and the rest in HP (Life Steal/Regen isn't really worth it). Chance points are most likely 20 points to Critical Hits, and then either Critical Damage or Damage from Behind(Backstab). Agility points, you could put it in either Dodge, or Dodge+Lock. Pure dodge is great for escaping lock zones, and Dodge+Lock lets you lock enemies as well as being able to escape as well, and this goes well with Expert Locker.

The best advice for when you're starting out is thinking about what playstyle and elemental trees you like. Most people go as a hybrid build which means you focus on two elemental trees, by maxing 2 spells in each or 3 spells in one and 2 in the other. Tri-elemental builds are okay, but I wouldn't recommend it for an Iop. The most popular builds are Fire/Air and Earth/Air for Iops, where Fire/Air can do a lot of AoE damage, and Earth/Air can do a lot of single target damage.

Weapons are mainly for stats in Wakfu. You can use any weapon without penalty, and there's no weapon which is stronger on a certain class than others. Most people use a one-handed weapon and dagger combo, but early on you should just equip any weapon which gives you good stats or +1 AP. If you need any more advice, I know a lot about late game Fire/Air and Earth/Air Iops, so feel free to ask. smile 
0 0
Score : 83

1) Life steal is bad? It's working for keeping my HP at least in red zone. An Regeneration looks like useful skill in long fights.
2) What about Initiative?

0 0
-letir|2014-09-27 13:29:18
1) Life steal is bad? It's working for keeping my HP at least in red zone. An Regeneration looks like useful skill in long fights.
2) What about Initiative?

This is mainly an opinion on the matter, but it looks deceptively useful early on for when you're levelling or soloing, especially in fights where the healer's not really at a stage where they can effectively keep your HP topped up. However, it outlives its usefulness the moment you start partying up later on and have someone to help heal you instead. The 10 points in Life Steal can be an extra 40% HP from the Max HP stat or +100 Resistance from the Resistance stat. It's only 10% of the damage you do, and I don't think it weighs up equally later on. If you can deal a consistent 3k damage per turn later on, that's only +300 HP healed. Later on, mobs are going to be doing twice that or even three times as much damage, and at that point you don't exactly want to your HP to be 'at least in the red zone'. 10 points in Life Steal for a 10% life steal doesn't warrant a lack of 40% Max HP which scales very nicely, or the early +100 Resistance points to keep you from taking less damage in the first place. Life steal eventually outlives its usefulness in my opinion and isn't worth it. If it wasn't 10 points or gave a little more, or you could increase that yourself with equips, then it would be worth it but until then, there's better options for 10 points.

Regeneration is also similar in this respect. The regeneration at max which costs 5 points is 10% of your missing HP regened each turn. If you have 7000 HP and are on 3000 HP, you'll regen 10% of 4000 HP, which is 400 HP at the start of your turn. Also note, this HP would probably be obtained you're around 145-150 and have Virility and an Eni's Constitution (if the Eni's around Lv 145 too), or in PvP situations. The regen increases as you get less HP, but it also adds to your heal resist which begins to weaken the regen. If you feel like you really need the regeneration, you can take it but the 5 points are also either 20% Max HP, or +50 Resistance. Weighing them up for a gimmick like regen, it again doesn't seem worth it. It might be nice once we have access to the full points eventually, but for now the HP/Resistance will be more useful later on.

Initiative isn't bad, it's more oriented to PvPers though. Going first isn't something you should worry yourself with, but escaping lock zones or keeping the extra lock to apply pressure to enemies in close-combat is useful. You won't always have Jump to rely on when you run out of WP (especially if you're a Fire Iop), and sometimes it's nice to keep 2 AP for an extra Jabs. You'll eventually kill something when you get your chance, you're an Iop. smile 
1 0
Score : 83

Can Regeneration count as other form of "final resistance"?

You get hit on 100 damage (after everything is count), and after that Regeneration restore you 10% of this damage (even more, if you wounded before).

0 0
-letir|2014-09-28 13:22:40
Can Regeneration count as other form of "final resistance"?

You get hit on 100 damage (after everything is count), and after that Regeneration restore you 10% of this damage (even more, if you wounded before).

Not really. As the fight goes on and the regeneration continues, you'll start to build up heal resist. This will lower the amount you will heal from regen anyway. Maybe at the start, you'll regen 10% of your current damage, but as time goes by that number begins to decrease as your heal resistance increases. It's like a band-aid that starts to peel off more and more as the fight goes on, and it's not really reliable for team play.

If you want final resistance, take final resistance in the major tree, though I don't recommend it since you'd either want WP or Final Damage as a 3rd major point. When it comes to an Iop's role in team play, they're always going to be a damage dealer/off-tank, and not the primary tank. You'd want WP/Final Damage to increase your damage output, whereas final resistance is for the primary tank. Likewise, I don't recommend Regen due to the reasons above, but it is 5 points. You're much better off putting the points towards maxing Resistance, and then pumping max HP. Also note, some dungeons (Zwombbit/Spectrex) and enemies cast zombification on you, so any heals will damage you.
1 0
Respond to this thread