FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Iops need a revamp Desperately

By AnonymousXeroxGuy#2886 August 12, 2014, 03:49:04

Currently there's nothing an iop offers that other classes can't already do. Their damage can be matched and exceeded by most other damage dealers that aren't even limited to close range. They get in the way of classes sacs and fecas that are actually trying to tank when iops can't tank themselves. Theres nothing that this class offers that can't be done better by some other class.

If iop is going to be so severely limited to close combat with a horrid teleportation skill their damage needs to justify it.

Its not Breaking news that ranged damage dealers completely stomp on the iop late game offering much better potency in almost every scenario, it just isn't fair nor is it balanced.

Iops were suppsoed to be the highest damage dealers that was their Lore was it not ?. In dofus the iop is a Requirement as the main damage dealer for any high level dungeon. In wakfu you see all these random classes like eca/rougues/xelors/osas/enus/foggers being the first pick over iops for damage dealer.

2 0
Reactions 10
Score : 1477

There was a time when people were whining classes lacked the crazy damage buffs Iop gets from specialties which led to effects like Blazing Calligraphy, Lone Sadida, and Temporal Prism.

Ecaflip is a gambler class. Sometimes it hits high, other times low, but it comes down to a roll of the dice or draw of the card. They may have a higher maximum potential but their damage output is supposed to be less consistent and predictable.

Rogues are supposedly the strategic class as with the fire branch, but the air and earth branches are so simple and become unfairly powerful with some Rogue specialty effects. If all of Rogue was as complex as the bombing aspect but the offense power was about the same, maybe a bit higher, most people would go back to simpler classes like Iop.

Xelors are supposed to be one of the few technical complex classes where the player has to learn many more things about how the class works. To me it seems as though the support/debuff aspect of Xelor has been overlapped with raw damage though there are still aspects of technical gameplay lingering.

Osamodas has no reason to be a better Iop than Iop. I have no idea why the air branch is an abomination of Cra, Iop, and Sram. If you ask me all the elemental spells of Osamodas should revolve around either summons or the Gobgob, supporting/buffing your summons or using your Gobgob to support your party members.

Based on what I have read about Iop the class is themed around being a 'paladin': melee attacks, able to buff allies (currently only Bravery Standard does this), and a bit of tanking (Virility). If Ankama were to begin working on revamping Iop I would love to contribute ideas to making Iop more paladin-like, as well as revamps for other classes to make them less Iop-like.

I heard Ankama has new staff for class balance so hopefully we will see more revamps to correct past mistakes, especially for classes which have not been revamped yet to start on better footing.

0 0
Score : 16007

What level are you?

How long have you been playing the game?

0 0
Score : 651

Who are you asking ?

0 0
Score : 2

It's not bad. Meh.

0 0
Score : 932

I agree and have posted such things in the past about iops in general. The air branch especially needs something more because even though it has many cheap combos in the air branch it lacks any sort of mechanic or damage boosting since it is all single target spells. While the other element branches have their mechanics they are either not that great ( except the stun of course) they too lack something while also not living up to the iop lore of being the highest damage dealers. The iop also has quite a few useless actives that could really use a revamp too like battle standard (used to give res but only gives others damage increase and isn't used often except for stabilizing), Defense stance is pretty much useless now as the trade off for the ap to use it isn't worth the little extra dodge since that could be used to deal even more damage making the trade off not very good. there are one or two more i may be forgetting at the moment and even some of it's most useful passives and actives could be a bit better too. I would love to see buffs and tweaks to the iop as i like to main one myself and love the air branch because that is what i was used to in beta long ago and decided to remain so. This is also me not comaplaining about my class because i play it so often, I play many others as well and would just like to see all classes be a bit more unique and be buffed towards what each class is supposed to do smile.

1 0
Score : 211

Yea.. My first character choice was an Iop. I picked it based on the description. But in practice, it seems like this class is gimped compared to other classes. I have been outdamaged by classes lower level than me AND with greater mobility and range spells. It really bums me out... Plus, even my high level guildmates(100+) have become reluctant to let me group with them to leech exp because they dont like the Iop class(me lvl 50-60). Always get in the way of their uber damage spells when im trying to contribute to the fight. Its not like Im weak in these situations either. I can hold my own just fine and escape if I must.

Any other class that uses range attacks does not like playing with an Iop who gets in the way all the time...

1 0
Score : 19

When you are leeching xp, you are meant to sit off to the side and instant pass turns, maybe thats why they dont like inviting you, your making the fights take much too long.

Ever heard of Iop-brain? maybe ranged classes dont like playing with iops, cause most players are idiots and just walk straight up face to face to the closes target to attack.

strategy > rambo tactics.

0 0
Score : 25044

I've met literally 2 iops who were smart and were planning their movement for the sake of other people to have LoS to monsters or even were pushing monsters with last ap's to make them well placed for aoe size of other classes who were starting their turn after them. But majority of iops aren't thinking about others and just care to position self for Wrath, ignoring what will happen on the following turns, not predicting where monsters will move and what others could do to help them. I enjoyed playing with these 2 iops as Sadida, blocking path with dolls and making enemies positioned for them for their Wrath with Gust, but they were also smart enough to move away and let the Blocker doll take hit, instead of using that last MP to attack, even if it won't kill the monster. So they were smart like i said and i have nothing against iops in my group, as long as they accept my lack of dmg as Sadida. But, yeah, most iops are not planning moves in advance, hence why people pick other classes to group with.

0 0
Score : 1038
AnonymousXeroxGuy|2014-08-12 03:49:04
Currently there's nothing an iop offers that other classes can't already do. Their damage can be matched and exceeded by most other damage dealers that aren't even limited to close range. They get in the way of classes sacs and fecas that are actually trying to tank when iops can't tank themselves. Theres nothing that this class offers that can't be done better by some other class.

If iop is going to be so severely limited to close combat with a horrid teleportation skill their damage needs to justify it.

Its not Breaking news that ranged damage dealers completely stomp on the iop late game offering much better potency in almost every scenario, it just isn't fair nor is it balanced.

Iops were suppsoed to be the highest damage dealers that was their Lore was it not ?. In dofus the iop is a Requirement as the main damage dealer for any high level dungeon. In wakfu you see all these random classes like eca/rougues/xelors/osas/enus/foggers being the first pick over iops for damage dealer.

I completely agree. Not to talk about the lack of depth and tactical options.
0 0
Score : 2481

I agree that Iops could use more tactical options but honestly I love the unique flavor of the iop. They are the class that smashes their face against a brick wall, fully expecting that wall to break, and the wall behind it, and are completely unsurprised when they do.

The simplicity of the mechanics are what makes this class so attractive to me. Because they don't have range or any exploitable mechanics to speak of, it makes a quality Iop all that more rare. It's their simplicity that makes them both easy to learn yet hard to truly master.

I wouldn't mind a revamp and there are a few spells that leave me wondering why they exist, but I really hope the Iop keeps it's unique gameplay. Bare faced with nothing to hide behind. Elegant in it's simplicity. Difficult to truly master and play successfully with other classes.

I love my Iop.

-Vis

0 0
Respond to this thread