FR EN ES PT
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Leveling advice?

By Banorus July 01, 2014, 02:09:23

Looking for some advice on what to be looking for as far as gear goes and for good spots for me to be solo grinding atm with current gear setup and spell usage. I generally start a fight with a flurry, two gutting gusts, and then either thunderbolt x2, thunderbolt + celestial sword, or an iop's wrath if there are three or more targets in it's range. I know i should be looking for a 9 ap build and i know that once i hit 90's it'll be fairly easy to obtain with gear and that i've probably misspent points on the ap but i can always get a scroll later. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Click here is a look at my gear/skills thanks in advance for your help.

0 0
Reactions 5
Score : 1246

Hello Banorus I've made a guide for new players it has alot of good tips Click here

^ do give it a read^
to quickly answer ur question: solo grinding doesn't really work well unless u got sidekicks~ to help along as for gear I usually recommend stating kit skill since alot of lvl 80-110 items are very pricey more than the items lvl 110+ this is mainly due to the economy with low lvl items no1 farms while the higher lvled items are overflowing it's also really hard to lvl up from 100 to 120 so once u got ur 10 points in kit skill u can wear a whispered ring along with it and with that u can wear items 20 levels above urs smile

Sry I keep repeating myself about kit skill since it's a very valuable stat and many ppl neglect it's power

~and from what i see ur going for an air/fire build

~white crow set which is lvl 105 is way more pricey than ponktius gear lvl 120~130
cheers mate if u need anything u can contact me

Dignash/shinon~ play on remington

0 0
Score : 92

I appreciate the link but this guide had almost nothing that i didn't already know lol. I played during beta all the way up to just after crow/wolfs were added. I'm trying to find out if my build/rotation are viable, if i spent points i shouldn't have in ap, and if there is anywhere i can solo grind. currently doing spiders in thicket. I have two followers plus the free one (fire and earth).

Grinding isn't great at my current location but idk if i can do anything better yet. I can do solo level 45-50 mobs and get about 30-100k per fight depending on challenge and whether i'm using followers at the time. I can't just get people to run me through dungeons all day or i'd likely have someone power level me on nox, but having just returned i've barely met anyone. Joined a guild but they are on late night and work has been keeping my in bed early on days i work so i haven''t been able to talk much with them this week, hence the need for this post.

TLbiggrinR is it viable to hybrid air/fire focusing on gutting gust x2 + flurry followed by thunderbolt+celestial sword or Iop's wrath? or should i invest in a scroll and reset to a better build? i know pure air' is pretty good later but right now it seems the aoe helps me more when solo.

0 0
Score : 1474
Banorus|2014-07-01 02:09:23
Looking for some advice on what to be looking for as far as gear goes and for good spots for me to be solo grinding atm with current gear setup and spell usage.I generally start a fight with a flurry, two gutting gusts, and then either thunderbolt x2, thunderbolt + celestial sword, or an iop's wrath if there are three or more targets in it's range.

I'm trying to find out if my build/rotation are viable, if i spent points i shouldn't have in ap, and if there is anywhere i can solo grind. currently doing spiders in thicket. I have two followers plus the free one (fire and earth).

Grinding isn't great at my current location but idk if i can do anything better yet. I can do solo level 45-50 mobs and get about 30-100k per fight depending on challenge and whether i'm using followers at the time.

is it viable to hybrid air/fire focusing on gutting gust x2 + flurry followed by thunderbolt+celestial sword or Iop's wrath? or should i invest in a scroll and reset to a better build? i know pure air' is pretty good later but right now it seems the aoe helps me more when solo.

Your build link seems to be broken. It seems like you only have 7AP (1AP spell + 6AP spell, 1AP spell + two 3AP spells). If you could correct your link whether it be a screenshot or using this tool (when using links be sure there is no space between the URL and equals sign) so we can have a better idea of your setup.

You seem to know enough about your build to not this but I made a guide for fire-air Iop here which I plan on updating soon™. It was written a while ago and my build has since changed so some of my commentary on elemental spells may be outdated.

Beelzebug and Trank are decent sidekicks (assuming those are the two you meant by 'fire and earth') but as a fire Iop who wants to be surrounded by enemies to unleash a Wrath on all of them at once you could use some positioning. For more information on sidekicks see here.

From what I have read and personally experienced (Flurry having been part of my fire-air Iop build in the past) Jabs is often more useful in higher levels when you have access to more than just 7AP. Thunderbolt + Celestial can be a very powerful combination but can be situationally viable in more complex battles, especially if someone is moving things around the map to prevent the enemy you stacked levels of Flaming on from being activated because your Iop is no longer adjacent to the afflicted foe. Wrath and Gust are staples for a fire-air build. If you post your specialties maybe we can help you with that too.
0 0
Score : 92

Pretty much my hero man, your guide was the first i found when googling and got me to come back into the game and level an iop from 1-53 in a day and a half. Build/gear I have 20 virility, 12 compulsion, and 20 authority atm.

0 0
Score : 1474

Glad I can help.

Authority and Compulsion are pretty good around your level. Brakmar Riktus makes for great filler but does not replace having an AP set if you need it for your current spell rotations. Royal Tofu is also a great fire-air hybrid set when you have the whole thing to get +1MP.

Makabras boost your health more than most equipment available at the moment. Wodent is an odd pet choice considering its only benefit for an Iop is health, which pretty much all pets give in addition to other bonuses which can help you more.

I would replace your Wodent with a Scarafly (+25% fire damage, +20 initiative, +60 HP at lv50) or Baby Schnek (+60 HP, +13% all damage, +10 wisdom at lv50). Your current equipment loadout can work for the next few levels until you can work toward Imperial Blibli and Ebony Scara (both imperial sets for Blibli and Scara dungeons respectively) to greatly improve your stats all over the place but can be difficult to obtain.

Do you use Judgement or Punch often? Judgement is good for hitting something a couple spaces away or on the off chance two enemies are lined up. Punch is good for closing the gap while dealing damage in place of Jump but lacks the rest of what makes Jump great for mobility.

Your specialties are pretty well set up for your level. Virility is great for all the big blobs of health equipment will give (excluding Ebony Scara in our case which gives no HP, but later equipment) and Authority is a staple for Iop. Compulsion is less useful when you could have Jump instead, but you will likely rank Compulsion at some point. If you get the chance to respec use the points currently in Compulsion to rank Jump so you can better position yourself to use Wrath or Celestial while surrounded by enemies and escape lock zones.

I almost forgot, principle characteristics can be ranked differently now. You may have already read it in my guide but only the highest of the four costs 3 characteristic points while the rest only cost 1 so you can get 1 intelligence and 1 agility for only 4 characteristic points.

0 0
Respond to this thread